Car Insurance in Chennai
Car Insurance in Chennai
Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, serves as the "Gateway to South India". The city is often called the Detroit of India is home to 70% of the country's automobile industry. Some of the notable motor vehicle manufacturing units located in Chennai include BMW, Royal Enfield, Robert Bosch, Hyundai, and Ford.
Car Insurance in Chennai Overview
The city offers huge business and employment opportunities. Therefore, Chennai's population has doubled over the recent years, making the roads crowded and transport conditions unpredictable. Hence, insurance for cars is a chief necessity to avoid unforeseen expenses arising out of road accidents while driving in Chennai.
Why Should You Buy Tata AIG Car Insurance in Chennai
When searching for one of the best car insurance policies in Chennai to drive your car on the accident- prone Chennai roads without worrying about repair costs, you need not look further than Tata AIG motor insurance. This joint venture between the American International Group (AIG) and the renowned Tata Group strives to provide affordable car insurance to Indian four-wheeler owners.
Some of the major benefits of insuring your car with Tata AIG are as follows:
- Buy car insurance online in 3 simple steps.
- Avail of a range of coverages such as a comprehensive motor cover, personal accident cover, and
- third-party cover.
- Stay protected from the financial implications of accidents involving the owner-driver, the pillion, or
- both, with the personal accident cover.
- Get help in on-road emergencies.
- Obtain cover against damages caused by natural calamities, including cyclone, earthquake, flood, and
- Get up to ₹7.5 lakhs reimbursement against expenses incurred by a third party due to an accident,
- with the third-party liability policy.
- Make use of the six-month window to repair your damaged vehicle at your convenience.
- Take advantage of a wide variety of add-on risk covers for further financial benefits.
- Enjoy cashless TATA AIG car insurance claim settlement and avoid out-of-pocket expenses.
- Remain assured of timely claim disbursal with the company’s high 75% claim settlement ratio and 7-
- day settlement policies.
- Forget the stress of missed premium payments on your existing TATA AIG motor insurance policy as
- you get 30 days to renew car insurance
- Save more with No Claim Bonus (NCB) for a claim-free policy period
- Rejoice in zero deductions for the salvage value on the premium calculation
- Contact the 24*7 help desk to resolve all your queries
- Repair your car at a service centre near you through TATA AIG’s network of over 7,500 garages
Car Insurance Plans in Chennai
Buy or renew car insurance with Tata AIG from its list of plans catering to diverse motor insurance needs. The types of plans available are:
Third-Party Liability Policy- The Third Party Car Insurance protects against the financial liabilities towards a third party if you are at fault in an accident. This coverage is also mandatory as per Indian laws.
Own Damage Policy- The Own Damage Car Insurance plan gives financial protection from damages caused to your vehicle through natural calamities. In case of theft or burglary, it covers the repair or replacement costs.
Comprehensive policy- The Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy combines the benefits of both a third-party plan and damage to own car coverage.
Personal Accident Cover- Under this plan, both the owner-driver and the co-passengers are financially protected against the treatment costs of injuries suffered due to an accident. The cover is provided for permanent or temporary disability, loss of sight, loss of limbs, or death.
How to File a Claim
- Inform the Tata AIG customer care immediately after the accident occurs, or your vehicle is damaged and needs repairs. We will help you out with the next steps.
- In case of damages to your car, take it to a network garage for repairs.
- If you wish to file the claim online, visit the TATA AIG Claims Process page.
- Select Raise a Claim.
- Fill in all the necessary details as prompted on the screen. Click on Submit.
- Submit all the relevant documents that are needed for the claim processing. Some common documents are:
- Duly filled claim form
- First Information Report (FIR) in case of an accident
- No Trace Report from the police if your vehicle is stolen
- Legal Notice of the concerned party in case of third-party liabilities
- Policy documents
- Personal details - address and identification proof
- Hospital bills in case of personal accident claim
- Repair bills from the garage (in case of reimbursement claims)
- Any other document as required for claim settlement
- We will verify the claim. If your claim meets our predefined claim norms, you will receive the specified plan benefits.
TATA AIG will provide cashless settlement for the repair costs or directly compensate the concerned
Need for Car Insurance in Chennai
Chennai is a metropolitan city, fast emerging as a hub of economic progress. Offering unmatched job opportunities in its numerous software and automobile companies, the city has become highly populated. As many as 70 lakh people reside in and around Chennai today.
As a result, countless cars dominate the roads, and traffic congestion is a common scenario. It is said that it takes around half an hour to cover a kilometer in Chennai. Always in a rush to save time in commuting, people often become careless, resulting in vehicle collisions and road accidents. The poor road conditions in Chennai are another major issue that leads to accidents. In 2017, an underground metro construction work had reportedly damaged a long stretch of road, trapping a car and a city bus in the hole. Water pipeline work had begun on the Canal Bank Road in 2020 before the outbreak of the pandemic. Though the work has resumed from August, the pace is slow. The hold-up has led to time constraints on rush-hour traffic, causing accidents on that road.
Apart from the ongoing construction works that affect the Chennai roads, harsh monsoons in Chennai are also a significant concern. Potholes at different junctions cause citywide water logging issues, making commutes problematic.
Due to such difficulties, safe driving may not always guarantee protection from accidents. Therefore, it is better to stay prepared for unexpected financial challenges arising from unpredictable mishaps with the insurance of a four-wheeler.
Frequently Asked Question
Which car insurance is best in Chennai?
Several reputed car insurance providers operate in Chennai. Look into the plan benefits, variety of add- on covers available, premium costs, and the company’s track record of claim settlement to select the policy best suited to your needs.
Which is the cheapest car insurance in India?
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) determines the cost of your car insurance. With TATA AIG, you can avail of customizable car insurance plans that you can buy as per your needs. You can check the total premium outflow for your Tata AIG car insurance plan with our four-wheeler insurance calculator.
Why should I get Tata AIG for car insurance in Chennai?
Tata AIG motor insurance protects you from financial losses arising from unfortunate accidents. This company’s motor vehicle policy comes without any hidden conditions and presents a predetermined depreciation slab. The premiums are also on the lower side, making the policy the preferred choice of Chennai’s motor vehicle owners.
How much will it cost to insure my car?
Car insurance price in Chennai depends on various factors, such as:
- Your car’s make and model
- Year of purchase
- City of registration
- Ex-showroom price
- Repair and claim history
- The vehicle's cubic capacity
Insurance companies, including Tata AIG motor insurance, consider these parameters and then provide the best possible quote.
Is it possible to renew expired car insurance?
Yes, you can renew lapsed car insurance. At Tata AIG, we offer you a grace period of about 30 days to renew an expired car insurance policy and retain the insurance benefits. You can also renew the expired policy of other insurance providers with Tata AIG.