Honda CRV Insurance
Honda CRV Insurance
The Honda CR-V is a stylish SUV best known for its fuel economy and smooth performance. It is equipped with multiple safety features and a wide range of advanced technology. Honda has designed CR-V with impressive safety features, including a smart brake system with both manual and automatic transmissions.
In 2020, India witnessed nearly 132 fatalities because of road accidents. In some of these cases, a seat belt played a considerable role in ensuring the safety of the passengers. Car insurance is a seat belt of a similar kind. A car insurance policy cannot prevent deaths or the extent of any road accident but can undoubtedly offer you financial coverage. Investing in a Honda CRV insurance plan can provide you with financial backing in the case of damage to your vehicle or any third-party liability.
If you are willing to purchase the Honda car insurance online, all you require is a stable internet connection and a laptop or any other electronic device. With just a few clicks, you can ensure the financial safety of your beastly car from unforeseen damages.
Honda CR-V Insurance Renewal / New Purchase via Tata AIG
With Tata AIG, buying Honda car insurance is an effortless job. You can purchase new car insurance or renew your existing one within minutes. You can do it either online or offline at your convenience. If you plan on buying insurance offline, visit the closest Tata AIG office with the essential documents. Alternately, if you plan to book insurance online, you must keep the required documents scanned on your system and follow the steps below:
- Visit the Tata AIG website and navigate the ‘Car Insurance’ section. Enter the Honda CR-V registration number and select the ‘Get Price’ option for buying new Honda CRV insurance. If you already own a policy and are looking for a Honda car insurance renewal, click on the ‘Renew’ option.
- Step 1 will redirect you to another page where you will be required to fill out a form with your car details. Filling the form accurately with more information will fetch you an evaluated quote on your car’s insurance. Make sure to provide accurate information on the form to get a perfect quote.
- Explore the drop-down list and select your car's accurate IDV or Insured Declared Value. In addition, specify if you have ever filed a car insurance claim in the past. In case you have never raised an insurance claim, you will be entitled to an NCB or No Claim Bonus discount from Tata AIG.
- Choose the car insurance riders you like and click "Submit" for the Honda CRV insurance price. If the quote suits your budget, go ahead and make the payment. There are several digital modes of payment options available for you to choose from.
- Once you successfully make the payment, you will receive a soft copy of your Honda CRV insurance policy on your registered WhatsApp number and email address. You can print out a copy of your policy if required.
If you want to purchase insurance for your car, you can follow these steps:
- Locate your nearest Tata AIG office.
- Approach the counter and express your desire to buy or renew your Honda insurance.
- Our insurance expert will speak with you and discuss all our plans.
- The expert will guide you through the process and documentation.
- Once the process is completed, you will receive your policy papers
Honda CR-V Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The premiums of the car insurance policies help an interested candidate pick a suitable and affordable policy to purchase. Various factors affect the premium of a four-wheeler insurance policy. Some of the factors that help decide the premiums include IDV, insurance coverage, age of the car, claim history, add-ons, etc.
Listed below are some of the most common methods to calculate premiums for the insurance policy.
- Calculating the Premium via an Online Premium Calculator
You can use the online calculator to deduce the exact premium for a desired car insurance policy. You can enter the essential information, add-ons, and insurance policy coverage and click on the "Get Price" option. The premium calculator will fetch the exact amount you need to pay for your CRV insurance policy.
- Calculating Own Damage Insurance Premiums
You can deduce the premium for an own-damage insurance policy using the following formula: [Insured Declared Value * Premium Tariff as determined by the Insurer] + Add-ons – [Discounts like NCB]
- Calculating the IDV of Your Vehicle
You can calculate the IDV for your car with the following method: [List the car manufacturer's price - depreciation deduction] + [price of the accessories of the vehicle that are not a part of the list price - depreciation deduction cost of the accessories]
- Calculating the Third-Party Car Insurance Premium
As per Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, the premium rates should apply to the motor third party liability insurance policies for private cars, as effective from June 1st, 2022.
Engine Cubic Capacity and the IRDAI Notified Premium
Not exceeding 1000 cc: ₹ 2,094 Exceeding 1000 cc but not exceeding 1500 cc: ₹ 3,416 Exceeding 1500 cc: ₹ 7,897
All these steps will help you determine not only your Honda CRV insurance cost but also any Honda insurance. But if you have decided to purchase Honda CRV insurance from Tata AIG, you can calculate your car insurance premium for free and in just a few clicks using our car insurance calculator.
Add-ons for Honda CRV Insurance by Tata AIG
Considering the rash driving cases and the number of accidents, owning a comprehensive insurance policy for your Honda CRV can safeguard your vehicle. In addition, you can include add-ons to further solidify your insurance policy. Thus, Tata AIG offers you impressive riders to combine with your policy such that you can further amplify your insurance cover. Some of the add-ons are as follows:
- Engine Secure
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Repair of Glass, Fibre, and Plastic Parts
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Daily Allowance Cover
- Key Replacement
- Tyre Secure
- Loss of Personal Belongings
- Consumables Expense
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expense Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
Keep in mind that your Honda CRV insurance cost will increase when you opt for add-ons. So, it is recommended to carefully assess your need for add-on covers before purchasing them.
Things Covered and Not Covered Under Honda CRV Insurance
|What is covered under Honda CR-V car insurance?||What is NOT covered under Honda CR-V car insurance?|
|The total market value of your car or the IDV in case of accidents that cause beyond-repair damage to your vehicle or in case of theft.||Damages caused when you drive without a valid licence and use a private car for commercial service.|
|Financial coverage in case damage is caused due to natural calamities like floods, earthquakes, cyclones, frost, rainfall, etc.||Damages caused while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.|
|Coverage against damages caused due to man-made disasters like riots, strikes, terrorist attacks, etc. It also includes damages caused due to fire, resulting from self-ignition, explosions, lightning, etc.||Claims for instances when the car was operating outside India or a different geographical location.|
|Coverage for damages incurred to your car in transit and for financial liabilities stemming from the repairs required in the case of accidents.||Regular depreciation and wear and tear due to daily use and general maintenance cost of the car.|
|Coverage for third-party liabilities such as damage to third-party property, death of a third party, etc.||Damages caused because of crash testing, speed racing, nuclear peril, war, or similar situations.|
|Personal accident coverage to owner-drivers, where we reimburse the medical expenses. In case of the demise of the owner-driver, the beneficiary is paid the predetermined sum.||Damages covered under add-ons when the specific add-on is excluded.|
|Fire-induced damages, for example, ones induced by self-ignition, lightning, blasts, etc.||Regular wear and tear of the car owing to usage and depreciation|
Why is it essential to have Tata AIG for your Honda CR-V Insurance Online?
Here is why you must consider Tata AIG as your insurer:
- 20 in the industry of insuring cars, Tata AIG keeps up its promise of integrity, transparency, and commitment with every four-wheeler insurance policy.
- It flaunts a 98% claim settlement ratio for the financial year 2020-2021, ensuring you a seamless claim process.
- To ensure a seamless car insurance experience, Tata has over 650 claim experts all across India who work hard to deliver quality service.
- We are a vast and happy family of five crore customers. In addition, we offer a widespread network of over 5400 garages that provide quality services.
Overview – Honda CR-V Car Model
The latest model of Honda CR-V is more spacious and comfortable. It features an additional dual seat for the kids. Another noticeable feature is its availability as a diesel model. This giant seven-seater beast flaunts a smooth ride and a premium outer look.
Honda CR-V is available in the top specifications variant for ₹ 30.65 Lakh and ₹ 28.15 Lakh for diesel and petrol, respectively. In addition, the Honda CR-V diesel model is also public with 4WD at ₹ 32.75 lakhs.
Honda CR-V Variants and Price
Listed below are the Honda CR-V variants and their ex-showroom prices.
|Variants||Ex-Showroom Price (may vary as per the city)|
|Petrol 2WD, 1997cc, Automatic, Mileage - 14.4 kmpl.||₹ 28.27 Lakh|
|Diesel 2WD - 1597 cc, Automatic, Mileage - 19.5 kmpl.||₹ 30.67 Lakh|
|Diesel 4WD - 1597 cc, Automatic, Mileage - 18.3 kmpl.||₹ 32.77 Lakh|
Unique Selling Points – Honda CR-V Features
Honda has put in the best features to create something as beautiful and bold as its CR-V model. It is stylish outside and comfortable inside. Therefore, it is the dream car for many. There are several reasons for its vast craze among car lovers. Some of its unique features include the following:
- Full-LED headlamps
- Panoramic sunroof
- LED taillamps
- Two-zone climate management with rear AC vents
- Android Auto
- Third-row AC ducts (diesel only)
- A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment design with Apple CarPlay
- 180W sound design
- Push-button gear selector (diesel only)
It also features some excellent features that enhance the car's overall safety. Such as:
- The digital device cluster (first-in-class)
- Electronically flexible front seats
- Multi-view reverse parking camera
- The electronic parking brake
- Lane watch assist (first-in-class)
For the first time, the Honda CR-V comes with both the options: diesel and petrol. The petrol motor comes with a 2.0-litre 154PS/189Nc, fused with a CVT. On the other hand, the diesel unit features a turbocharged 1.6-litre engine capable of generating 120PS/300 Nm, combined with a 9-speed AT.
Rivals of Honda CR-V
Some of the rival cars of Honda CR-V include the following four-wheelers:
- Skoda Kodiaq
- Mitsubishi Outlander
- Jeep Compass
- Hyundai Tucson
- Volkswagen Tiguan
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
What do you understand by ‘cashless claims’?
What do you understand by ‘cashless claims’?
A cashless claim allows you to have your car repaired without having to pay the bills upfront. All you need to do is send your four-wheeler to a Tata AIG network garage, and we will sort the expense out with the garage directly. Cashless claims come without the hassles of a waiting period or reimbursement issues.
How long can it take for a CR-V car insurance claim to settle?
Every car insurance claim is different. Car insurance claims at Tata AIG are settled within 30 days.
How long would it take to insure my Honda CRV car?
With Tata AIG, it would take you about five to ten minutes to buy insurance for your Honda CR-V.
Is it possible to transfer my Honda CRV insurance if I plan to sell my car?
Yes, you can transfer your car insurance to the new owner if you plan to sell out your car. However, the new owner will not avail himself of the benefits of your NCB.
Can I renew my expired Honda CR-V car insurance online?
If your car insurance has expired and you plan to renew it, you can do the same by visiting the Tata AIG website and following the steps.