Hyundai Kona Insurance
Hyundai Kona Insurance
The Kona Electric is the first electric SUV introduced by Hyundai in India. With more sophisticated and sleek looks, the Kona Electric is full of high-end features that capture everyone’s attention. The all-new electric SUV has sports driving dynamics and offers you the choice to go clean and green.
Hence, a car built with state-of-the-art technology and having exorbitant prices starting from ₹23.84 lakhs must be taken care of with a suitable car insurance policy.
Why Do You Need Hyundai Kona Insurance?
Four-wheeler insurance is an agreement between a vehicle owner and the insurance provider where the insurer promises to compensate for the losses arising out of third-party or own damages. In return, the vehicle owner has to pay premiums regularly. It is an efficient tool to stay financially secure if your car is damaged or you get injured while driving it. Here’s more about why you need car insurance for your Hyundai Kona:
- Helps you comply with the law
- Protects you from third-party liabilities
- Compensates for loss or theft of your car
- Protects against financial liabilities due to car damages
- Protects your car from natural calamities
- Offers a Personal Accident cover
Now let’s discuss the types of four-wheeler insurance policies in brief.
Types of Hyundai Kona Insurance
There are three types of four-wheeler insurance policies that are as follows:
- Third-Party Liability Cover
The most basic vehicle insurance policy is a third-party liability cover, which is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. Third-party motor insurance covers legal and financial liabilities arising out of third-party injuries/death or property damages. It means you can avail of compensation in case you injure a third party or damage his/her property. However, this type of policy fails to offer respite for your car damages or injuries.
- Standalone Own-Damage Cover
Another four-wheeler insurance is own-damage cover where you can avail of compensation for your losses too. This policy covers damages caused due to accidents, vandalism, riots, theft, fire and explosion and damage beyond repair. However, an own-damage policy does not cover third-party damages, damages due to driving while drunk or without a licence, or mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- Comprehensive Insurance
Comprehensive insurance provides extensive coverage for your four-wheeler from damages due to accidents, natural disasters, riots, strikes, vandalism, theft, and much more. While the policy covers financial and legal liabilities arising out of third-party injuries or damages, it also includes a Personal Accident Cover of up to Rs. 15 Lakhs. Not only this, but if your car is stolen or damaged beyond repair, the insurance provider will reimburse the loss based on the car’s IDV (Insured Declared Value). Now that you know about all types of car insurance, make sure you choose the right one while purchasing Hyundai Kona insurance. Keep reading for further information that will help you buy your Hyundai Kona insurance.
Things to Consider While Choosing Hyundai Kona Insurance
While the process of buying car insurance is free of hassles, researching before it helps you make the best decision for your car. Hence, below are some points you must consider before choosing a car insurance policy:
- Choose a suitable insurance type after evaluating your car needs and budget
- Ensure optimum policy coverage
- Check the availability of add-on covers
- Select the correct Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car
- Check the network of cashless garages of the insurance provider
- Don’t forget to compare car insurance quotes online
- Check the claim settlement ratio and the quality of services of the insurer
With Tata AIG, you can choose from an array of vehicle insurance policies tailored to suit your needs. You can also choose from the 12 unique add-on covers to ensure the maximum security of your Hyundai Kona. You can follow the steps discussed below for a Hyundai car insurance renewal or new policy purchase.
Hyundai Kona Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
You can buy suitable Hyundai car insurance with Tata AIG offline and online. To buy or renew car insurance offline, you can visit the nearest Tata AIG office where an insurance expert will guide you through the process and documentation. However, to purchase or renew Hyundai car insurance without hassle, you can follow the simple steps and get your Hyundai car insurance online instantly.
- Visit the Car Insurance page on the Tata AIG website
- Enter your Hyundai Kona registration number
- Click “Get Price” for a new issue or “Renew” for a Hyundai car insurance renewal
- Fill out the form given to get your car insurance quote
- Select the correct Insured Declared Value (IDV) from the list given
- Notify the insurance provider about any past claims, in the absence of which you can benefit from the No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- After providing the required information, the premium for your Kona car insurance will be displayed
- If you want to buy extra riders for your car, pick from the add-on options and proceed with the payment
- You will be sent a soft copy of your Kona car insurance policy via email once the payment is received.
Hyundai Kona Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The Hyundai Kona insurance cost depends on the car’s Insured Declared Value (IDV). IDV is the current value of your car, according to which the insurer compensates you if it is stolen or damaged beyond repair. The table below shows how IDV is calculated after considering your car’s depreciation over the years.
|Less than six months||5%|
|More than 5 years||Decided by the insurance provider and car owner|
While calculating the IDV of your Hyundai Kona, Tata AIG considers several factors like its make and model, its age, registration city, type of use and fuel, cubic capacity, etc.
Now that you know what IDV is, you must also get a quote for your Hyundai car insurance before buying one. With Tata AIG’s online four-wheeler insurance premium calculator, you can know the Hyundai Kona insurance cost, compare vehicle insurance policies online and buy the most affordable plan. You can also visit a local dealer to know your Kona IDV.
Note: Prices of third-party car insurance are based on Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) guidelines that are standardised according to the car’s engine cubic capacity.
Add-ons for Hyundai Kona Insurance by Tata AIG
Comprehensive insurance may not suffice for your dream car considering the expensive accessories, rising crimes and natural mishaps. So, buying suitable add-on covers is a wise step to give your car an added layer of protection. Tata AIG offers 12 unique add-on covers that include:
- No Claim Bonus Protection
The No Claim Bonus Protection allows you to raise a car insurance claim for damages during a policy year while retaining the NCB discount. However, the number of claims you can make under this add-on cover is limited. Also, this add-on cover is available with comprehensive insurance only.
- Zero Depreciation Cover
Zero depreciation cover allows you to avail of reimbursement for the deducted cost of depreciation of the car’s parts when you file a claim. While you can receive a sum insured without deduction of depreciation value, the add-on cover offers this benefit only for the first two claims. Also, this rider is available with a standalone own-damage or comprehensive insurance policy.
- Roadside Assistance Cover
The roadside assistance add-on cover acts as a saviour if you and your car are stuck in a remote location with no help nearby. With this add-on cover in place, you can ensure 24/7 assistance by the insurance provider to refuel, tow or for emergency mechanic service.
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts
This add-on cover allows you to raise a car insurance claim for the costs incurred on repairing damaged glass, fibre and plastic parts of your car. With this add-on cover, you can raise one repair claim in a policy year with no effect on the No Claim Bonus.
- Daily Allowance Cover This cover reimburses for the costs of travelling without your car if it is damaged and has to stay for a while in a garage. The amount is paid for 10-15 days depending on the reason for the car insurance claim.
- Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense Cover This add-on cover pays you for accommodation expenses and travel charges if your car meets with an accident while travelling to your destination.
- Key Replacement Key replacement cover reimburses for the costs of replacing lost car keys in case they or the car is stolen.
- Engine Secure Engine secure add-on cover allows you to raise a claim to replace or repair your car’s engine without incurring extra costs. Since comprehensive insurance does not cover your engine, this add-on cover ensures the protection of your car’s most valuable part.
- Tyre Secure Tyre secure add-on helps you repair or replace your car’s tyres or tubes. However, it is to be noted that this add-on cover compensates for tyre loss or damage caused due to an accident.
- Consumables Expense This add-on covers the consumables in your car that are lost and need to be replaced after an accident. The consumables include engine oil, air conditioner gas, gearbox oil, oil filter, nuts and bolts, etc. However, the rider doesn’t cover the cost of fuel in the car.
- Loss of Personal Belongings This add-on helps recover the loss or damage to personal belongings in your insured car like audio tapes, CDs, clothes, etc. However, you must note that this add-on does not cover jewellery, watches, cash, or credit/debit cards.
- Return to Invoice Cover This add-on allows you to cover the difference between the purchase price and the compensation amount when you file a claim for a stolen or damaged car. Moreover, if there is a new car of the same make and model, the insurer reimburses the difference between the cost of the new car and the claim amount. With this add-on cover, the insurer also pays for the road tax and registration charges you spent on the car. [Note: Tata AIG believes in transparency and helps its customers make informed decisions. So, you must know that each add-on cover comes with additional costs and raises the vehicle insurance premium. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your Hyundai Kona insurance needs. ]
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Hyundai Kona Car Insurance
While comprehensive four-wheeler insurance ensures maximum protection of your car, there are certain things that the policy does not cover. Hence, to make an informed decision, you must know the several inclusions and exclusions under your Hyundai insurance in India.
Here is a table that will help you understand what is covered and what is not under comprehensive car insurance:
|Things covered under Hyundai Kona Car Insurance||Things not covered under Hyundai Kona Car Insurance|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused during driving without a driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of the bike|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to racing activities, speed tests, and durability tests|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Hyundai Kona Car Insurance?
Overview –Hyundai Kona Car Model
The Kona Electric will be brought to India through the CKD route and locally assembled in Chennai. The electric version of Kona has minor updates, which include a grille with a charging port, a revised rear bumper, and a new front bumper mated with aerodynamic intake vents. Other features of Kona electric include:
- Battery type-39.2 kWh, Lithium-Ion Polymer
- Battery capacity of 64kWh
- Charging time of 6.1 hours
- Mileage of 452km/full charge
- Electric fuel type
- Automatic transmission
- 5-seater capacity
- 373-litre boot space
- Maximum power of 134.10bhp
- Maximum torque of 395Nm
- Top speed 155kmph
- Hill assist and brake assist
- Engine immobiliser
- Multi-link rear suspension
- McPherson Strut Type front suspension
Hyundai Kona Price and Variants
The Kona Electric will be available in two variants that are as follows:
|Hyundai Kona Premium||₹23.84 lakh|
|Hyundai Kona Premium Dual Tone||₹24.02 lakh|
Unique Selling Points: Hyundai Kona Car Features
The Kona Electric includes the following standout features:
- Drive Mode Select-Eco-Eco Plus Comfort-Sport
- Smart Eco Pedal Guide
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (High Line)
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Headlamp Escort Function
- Speed Sensing Auto Door Lock
- Rear Defogger with Timer
- High-speed alert
- Virtual Engine Sound System
- Burglar Alarm
- Electronic Dual Shell Horn
Rivals of Hyundai Kona Car
The cars that compete with the Hyundai Kona include:
- MG ZS EV
- Jeep Compass
- Tata Nexon EV Max
- Toyota Innova Crysta
- Isuzu D-Max
- Tata Safari
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
How to use a four-wheeler insurance premium calculator?
How to use a four-wheeler insurance premium calculator?
To calculate the premium for your four-wheeler insurance, you must follow the steps below:
- Visit the Four-Wheeler insurance page on the Tata AIG website
- Provide your car registration number in the calculator
- Click “Get a Price” for a new policy issue or “Renew” for a car insurance renewal
- Provide the information requested and click “See Price”
- The four-wheeler insurance calculator will now display the correct premium for your car insurance
What is the process for a Hyundai car insurance claim?
For a Hyundai car insurance claim, follow the simple steps:
- Call on 1800- 266-7780 or visit the “Claims Support” page on the Tata AIG website
- Now fill in the required information
- You will receive a link on your registered mobile number for self-inspection
- Fill in the correct details about the car damages in the self-inspection form
- A surveyor will also visit to inspect the car
- Make a cashless claim at the network garages or ask for reimbursement for the damages
- To file a claim, you need the Claim form, address and identity proofs, FIR (if present), and insurance policy documents
- You can also track the claim settlement process online
- Once the company examines your car insurance claim, it will be approved and settled
How long can Hyundai Kona run on a full charge?
The mileage of EVs depends on the driving condition and the driver’s nature of driving. However, the company claims that Kona can go up to 452 Kms on a full charge.