Nissan Terrano Insurance
Frequently Asked Question
How do I submit a car insurance claim for my Skoda Fabia?
The claim submission process varies between insurers. But if you have Tata AIG four-wheeler insurance, claim settlement is four steps away. Here is how.
- Visit Tata AIG's car insurance page and complete the claim application with vehicle details, policy number, and FIR (for theft/accident).
- Next, the claim department will send a surveyor to the site to assess the loss and type of damage.
- After the inspection, you can take your Skoda Fabia in for repairs.
- Lastly, the claim department will analyse the inspecting officer's report and compensate accordingly.
If you have raised a cashless claim, the repair amount will be credited directly to the service centre's account. For reimbursement claims, it will take 4-5 working days to receive the claim amount in your account.
What factors influence Skoda Fabia Insurance's price?
The Fabia insurance cost depends on the factors influencing the chance of filing a claim or the amount of the claim in an unfavourable situation. These are–
- Manufacturing year
- Model and variant
- Sum-insured amount
- Place of registration
- Voluntary deductible amount
- Number of riders chosen
- Mode of insurance renewal/purchase
How can I save money on Skoda Fabia car insurance?
You can lower your four-wheeler premium costs by implementing any or all of the following methods.
- Install safety and anti-theft devices in your Skoda Fabia. The probability of a car being stolen will drop.
- Avoid rash driving. It lowers the chance of accidents and related claims. The situation also facilitates earning NCB rewards and allows for policy renewal at a 50% discount.
- Choose a higher deductible (voluntary) to lower your insurer's liability. But this has the disadvantage of increasing your out-of-pocket expenses during repairs and maintenance.
- Say 'no' to modifications. Aftermarket alterations to your Skoda Fabia degrade its performance and elevate your premium.
- Avoid irrelevant riders.
Is the Skoda Fabia a good car
Yes. The Skoda Fabia, a five-seater hatchback, is unquestionably the most feature-rich vehicle in this price range. The manufacturer is all set to launch a newer version with more upgraded features after discontinuing this car years ago. The newer version will have 18-inch alloy wheels, a dynamic design, an umbrella compartment, a high-vis vest holder, and two rear USB-C ports. Fabia includes a coat shelf, cargo elements, and a net system to help you with your luggage. If you don't want to put your money at risk with such a high-tech vehicle, you must consider getting comprehensive four-wheeler insurance.
How can I renew my Skoda Fabia car insurance with Tata AIG?
Tata AIG provides three options for Skoda Fabia car insurance renewal/purchase. The first is purchasing a policy online through the company's website and providing some basic information. The second option is to renew through a Tata AIG branch in your city. The final option is to go through a registered motor insurance agent. But if you renew your plan online, the premium will be lower due to the non-involvement of middlemen.
What is the starting price of the Skoda Fabia?
Skoda plans to release the newer version of Fabia by the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023. The upgraded model will be available in one variant. However, the company has yet to reveal the colour options. The model was previously available in five different colours: Candy White, Magic Black, Brilliant Silver, Flash Red, and Cappuccino Beige. Fabia's exclusive showroom price is expected to be ₹7,00,000.
Is it mandatory to buy Skoda Fabia insurance?
Yes, absolutely. The Motor Vehicle Act states any motor-fitted vehicle, irrespective of its type, must have minimum third-party liability cover to rotate its wheels on Indian roads. The bare minimum policy covers legal liabilities resulting from property damage or bodily harm to other pedestrians or motorists. But, if you want to cover damage to your vehicle, you will need either standalone own-damage insurance or comprehensive car insurance. Comprehensive insurance covers accidental damage or loss due to natural disasters.
What does the No Claim Bonus mean in Skoda Fabia insurance?
No claim bonus is a percentage reward your insurer offers for not filing a claim during the previous policy year. NCB allows you to save money on Skoda Fabia insurance during the renewal. The NCB percentage starts at 20% for a single claim-free year and increases to 50% for five consecutive years without a claim. But remember that your accumulated NCB will be lost if you do not renew your policy on time (before the expiration/grace period).
What documents are necessary to file a claim for Skoda Fabia car insurance?
Depending on the claim type (cashless or reimbursement), you will need all or most of the following documents.
- Copy of Skoda Fabia insurance policy
- Driver's licence
- Duly filled claim application form
- Registration certificate copy
- Original repair invoices
- FIR copy (mandatory if you are filing a claim for theft or third-party damage)
Can my motor insurer refuse to renew my Skoda Fabia policy?
Yes, there are many scenarios in which the insurer has the right to reject your renewal request. Among them are previous fraudulent claim submissions, information falsification, document mismatches, and using your Skoda for illegal activities.