Skoda Fabia Insurance
Skoda Fabia Insurance
Before it was discontinued in India, the Skoda Fabia was a fabulous car. It scored high on build quality, driveability, and features. The discontinuation of Fabia greatly disappointed car enthusiasts. But the good news is that the brand has recently unveiled the fourth-generation Fabia in the global market. And the company plans to relaunch it with an upgraded version by the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023.
The newer model is designed similarly to other hatchbacks in its segment. The butterfly grille, in addition to the tail and headlamps with LED, gives this car an appealing look. Fabia’s international model has various high-end technologies, including dual-zone climate control, a heated windshield and a heated steering wheel. It also comes with a panoramic glass roof.
If you own the previous version of Skoda Fabia, you probably have a comprehensive car insurance policy. Having a comprehensive policy means you are financially protected from damages caused to your Fabia by fire, accident, natural disaster and man-made calamity. The insurance also covers legal liabilities resulting from third-party bodily harm or property damage. According to the policy provisions, you also have the right to compensation if your vehicle is stolen.
Skoda Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
If you own a discontinued Skoda Fabia, you should be aware of the numerous risks that come with driving it. The cost of repairing a discontinued model is always higher than the cost of repairing the car still sold on the primary market. Instead of using your Fabia with an expired policy, get your four-wheeler insurance renewed instantly with Tata AIG by following a few simple steps online.
The steps involved in Tata AIG Skoda insurance renewal are as follows.
- Visit the official website of Tata AIG and move to the Skoda Fabia car insurance page.
- The displayed screen gives you two choices. The first is 'Renew,' and the second is 'Get Price.'
- If you are on the website to renew an expired policy, tap the 'Renew' button. Then, enter your vehicle registration number on the next page before clicking the 'Renew' tab.
- If you are buying from Tata AIG for the first time, tap the 'Get Price' option. Then, enter your vehicle registration number on the new page before clicking the 'Get Price' button.
- In the next step, complete your online insurance application form.
- Determine the Skoda Fabia's insured declared value (IDV) manually or through the calculator. Select the output from the drop-down menu.
- In the event of a previous claim submission, do include the information on the application form. If your Fabia has never been in an accident and you have never filed a claim, you can use the accumulated no-claim bonus (NCB) to reduce your premium by 20-50%.
- After finishing all of the above steps, you will be able to view the premium for comprehensive or own-damage insurance. If you want to expand the scope of coverage, add riders in this step by spending a little more money out of your pocket.
- Finally, you must pay the premium online using one of the many digital payment options.
After the completion of the transaction, the softcopy of your Skoda insurance will be sent to your mail address. Tata AIG also allows you to renew or purchase policies offline by visiting a branch office or a registered agent. But, the offline process is slightly expensive due to the involvement of middlemen.
Skoda Fabia Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
You will find three types of car insurance available in the market. These are own damage (OD), third-party liability, and comprehensive insurance. When you purchase comprehensive car insurance, it includes coverage for third-party liability and damage to your car. The price of the third-party liability coverage in your policy is established by the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The regulator fixes the premium based on the cubic capacity of the car's engine.
Your insurer is responsible for determining the cost of OD coverage. The premium for OD relies on various factors. And among them include the car's manufacturing year, make and model, geographical location, safety features, and IDV.
The IDV is your Skoda's current market worth and is determined after deducting depreciation from the original sale invoice. You can use a car insurance premium calculator if manual calculation seems tedious. Always bear in mind that if the IDV is higher, your premium will also be higher. Another key consideration is that declaring a lower IDV for a lower premium will cause problems during claim settlement.
Add-ons for Skoda Fabia Insurance by Tata AIG
In India, hearing about car crashes is prevalent. Multiple factors contribute to this, including drunk driving, damaged roads, open manholes, motorists who do not follow traffic rules, and careless pedestrians, particularly when crossing the street. If a car collision occurs due to any of such incidents, if a car collision occurs, your motor insurer will cover the repair costs. But have you ever wondered who will help you with towing and who will provide you with immediate roadside assistance if your car breaks down on a lonely highway with no garage nearby?
Standard car insurance does not cover multiple events. You will need to spend a little more to purchase additional coverage, known as riders. Tata AIG allows you to choose from twelve add-ons. But, it is advised to avoid purchasing irrelevant riders, as this will only increase the premium. The details of the riders are as follows:
- Roadside assistance cover
- Add-on for No Claim Bonus protection
- Daily allowance cover
- Key replacement cover
- Add-on for emergency hotel expenses and transport
- Add-on for repairs of plastic, glass, and fibre parts
- Engine secure cover
- Tyre secure cover
- Add-on for consumables expenses
- Rider for loss of personal belongings
- Return to invoice cover
- Zero depreciation cover
[Note: You must know that each add-on cover comes with additional costs and raises the Skoda insurance cost. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your requirements.]
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Skoda Car Insurance
Skoda Fabia insurance coverage varies slightly between motor insurers. As such, there is a high likelihood of you encountering difficulties during claim settlement if you are not paying attention to the policy wording when purchasing four-wheeler insurance. The following table will inform you what is and is not covered by Tata AIG's car insurance policy.
|What is covered?||What is not covered?|
|Any damage to your Skoda Fabia caused by natural disasters like cyclones, floods, tsunamis, and earthquakes.||Skoda insurance does not cover electrical faults, mechanical failures, normal wear and tear, or consequential losses.|
|Damage repair bills arising from lighting, fire, explosion, or self-ignition causing damage to your Fabia.||If you drive your Skoda Fabia outside the geographical boundary specified in the policy and it sustains damage, you must pay the repair bill out of your own pocket.|
|Your Skoda Fabia insurance covers damages caused due to vandalism, riots, and other man-made disasters.||Your Skoda comprehensive car insurance does not accept claims for mutiny, nuclear perils, or war-related car damage.|
|If your Skoda Fabia is stolen, the policy will compensate up to the IDV.||If you use your Skoda Fabia for speed testing, illegal activities, or racing and it sustains damage as a result of these activities, your policy will not cover the loss|
|If your Skoda car sustains damage while in transit.||Tata AIG will not cover loss to your car if it only has third-party liability insurance and does not have own-damage coverage.|
|Legal liabilities if your insured Skoda Fabia damages third-party property or injures them in an accident.||A road mishap involving your Skoda Fabia caused by drunk driving or narcotics intoxication is subject to Tata AIG's policy exclusion.|
|If the driver of the Skoda Fabia suffers injury/disability or, in the worst-case scenario, dies, then depending on the situation, the insurer will pay the lump sum (as per the policy limits) to the nominee or cover the medical treatment costs.||If the concerned authority discovers you/the driver without a valid driving licence at the scene of the accident involving your car, your claim request will be denied.|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Skoda Fabia Car Insurance?
Skoda is known for producing feature-rich vehicles, and the Fabia will be no exception. This model's previous discontinued version is notable for its mileage, powerful engine, and stylish appearance. However, with the announcement of its newer version, you must have begun comparing various motor insurance providers in order to select the best. To put an end to your search, consider Tata AIG, and the reason for this recommendation is given below.
- Tata AIG is a renowned brand in the insurance industry, having served over five crore satisfied customers. In order to make its services more customer-centric, the company is expanding its reach and strengthening its team of support executives.
- The company understands how much financial strain car repairs can cause. Hence, to alleviate your burden, it provides cashless services at over 8700 garages across India.
- You can expand the scope of your policy with Tata AIG by selecting from twelve riders and paying a small additional fee above your regular premium.
- Tata AIG has a claim settlement ratio of 98% and a claim support team of 650 people, which provides insight into how fast their claim settlement process will be.
- You can save up to 50% on Skoda insurance by renewing it with Tata AIG. Just make sure you are driving carefully, following traffic rules, and avoiding minor claims.
Overview - Skoda Fabia Car Model
The Skoda Fabia is a five-seater hatchback with a stylish exterior and feature-full interior. In one of the global events, Skoda unveiled its all-new fourth-generation, only in petrol. The new generation will be slightly larger than the previous generation and will have 1.5-litre TSI, 1.0-litre TSI, and 1.0-litre MPI engines. The new model's engine will be a combination of DSG and manual transmission. The upcoming Skoda Fabia's unladen ground clearance is expected to be the same as the previous one, which is 158 mm, to provide a smooth ride on Indian roads.
Moving on to Fabia's interior, Skoda has outfitted the fourth-generation model with a 9.2-inch infotainment system, adjustable steering, remote trunk opener, seat lumbar support, and a few more.
Since the new version is yet to arrive in India, the following are the technical features of the Skoda Diesel discontinued variant.
- Users reported mileage of 20.86 km/l
- Engine displacement size of 1199 cc
- Maximum torque of 180 Nm @ 2000 rpm
- Maximum power of 75 bhp @ 4200 rpm
- Fuel tank capacity of 45 litres
- Boot space of 315 litres
Skoda Fabia Car Price in India and its Variants
Fabia is a model that has been discontinued by Skoda in the Indian market. The previous version was available in a single version with a diesel engine and five different colours. These are Candy White, Cappuccino Beige, Brilliant Silver, Flash Red, and Magic Black. The company intends to relaunch this model with various upgrades by the end of 2022. The exclusive showroom price of the upcoming model is estimated to be ₹7,00,000, which does not include registration fees, insurance fees, or road tax.
|Skoda Fabia Diesel (Discontinued model)||₹7,51,074|
Unique Selling Points: Skoda Fabia Car Features
Following the unveiling of the fourth-generation Skoda Fabia at the global car event, car experts have been speculating extensively about its features and variants. The upcoming model is expected to have a petrol engine and several promising technologies. There is not much information about the colour options, and this car will only come in one variant. Check the following pointers to learn about the unique selling point of the upcoming Fabia.
- The upcoming Skoda Fabia variant will have numerous safety features. Among them are blind spot detection, nine airbags, parking assist, and fog lights in the front and rear.
- In terms of high-end technologies, Fabia will have adaptive cruise control, a heated windshield and steering wheel, connected car tech, a digital display for the driver, a panoramic glass roof, and dual-zone climate control.
- The newer version will have black upholstery with copper trim finishing, a C-shaped tail lamp with LED light, and a massive butterfly grille to give it a more appealing appearance.
Rivals of Skoda Fabia
In India, the car market is flooded with five-seater hatchbacks. The reason is they are affordable and deliver great mileage. If you are confused about purchasing Skoda Fabia's upcoming model and want to know who are its top competitors, check out the list below.
- Maruti S Presso
- Tata Tigor
- Renault KWID
- Renault Kiger
- Citroen C3
- Mahindra XUV 300
- Tata Nexon
- Kia Sonnet
- Skoda KUSHAQ
- Hyundai Venue
- Skoda Slavia
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I submit a car insurance claim for my Skoda Fabia?
The claim submission process varies between insurers. But if you have Tata AIG four-wheeler insurance, claim settlement is four steps away. Here is how.
- Visit Tata AIG's car insurance page and complete the claim application with vehicle details, policy number, and FIR (for theft/accident).
- Next, the claim department will send a surveyor to the site to assess the loss and type of damage.
- After the inspection, you can take your Skoda Fabia in for repairs.
- Lastly, the claim department will analyse the inspecting officer's report and compensate accordingly.
If you have raised a cashless claim, the repair amount will be credited directly to the service centre's account. For reimbursement claims, it will take 4-5 working days to receive the claim amount in your account.
What factors influence Skoda Fabia Insurance's price?
The Fabia insurance cost depends on the factors influencing the chance of filing a claim or the amount of the claim in an unfavourable situation. These are–
- Manufacturing year
- Model and variant
- Sum-insured amount
- Place of registration
- Voluntary deductible amount
- Number of riders chosen
- Mode of insurance renewal/purchase
How can I save money on Skoda Fabia car insurance?
You can lower your four-wheeler premium costs by implementing any or all of the following methods.
- Install safety and anti-theft devices in your Skoda Fabia. The probability of a car being stolen will drop.
- Avoid rash driving. It lowers the chance of accidents and related claims. The situation also facilitates earning NCB rewards and allows for policy renewal at a 50% discount.
- Choose a higher deductible (voluntary) to lower your insurer's liability. But this has the disadvantage of increasing your out-of-pocket expenses during repairs and maintenance.
- Say 'no' to modifications. Aftermarket alterations to your Skoda Fabia degrade its performance and elevate your premium.
- Avoid irrelevant riders.
Is the Skoda Fabia a good car
Yes. The Skoda Fabia, a five-seater hatchback, is unquestionably the most feature-rich vehicle in this price range. The manufacturer is all set to launch a newer version with more upgraded features after discontinuing this car years ago. The newer version will have 18-inch alloy wheels, a dynamic design, an umbrella compartment, a high-vis vest holder, and two rear USB-C ports. Fabia includes a coat shelf, cargo elements, and a net system to help you with your luggage. If you don't want to put your money at risk with such a high-tech vehicle, you must consider getting comprehensive four-wheeler insurance.
How can I renew my Skoda Fabia car insurance with Tata AIG?
Tata AIG provides three options for Skoda Fabia car insurance renewal/purchase. The first is purchasing a policy online through the company's website and providing some basic information. The second option is to renew through a Tata AIG branch in your city. The final option is to go through a registered motor insurance agent. But if you renew your plan online, the premium will be lower due to the non-involvement of middlemen.
What is the starting price of the Skoda Fabia?
Skoda plans to release the newer version of Fabia by the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023. The upgraded model will be available in one variant. However, the company has yet to reveal the colour options. The model was previously available in five different colours: Candy White, Magic Black, Brilliant Silver, Flash Red, and Cappuccino Beige. Fabia's exclusive showroom price is expected to be ₹7,00,000.
Is it mandatory to buy Skoda Fabia insurance?
Yes, absolutely. The Motor Vehicle Act states any motor-fitted vehicle, irrespective of its type, must have minimum third-party liability cover to rotate its wheels on Indian roads. The bare minimum policy covers legal liabilities resulting from property damage or bodily harm to other pedestrians or motorists. But, if you want to cover damage to your vehicle, you will need either standalone own-damage insurance or comprehensive car insurance. Comprehensive insurance covers accidental damage or loss due to natural disasters.
What does the No Claim Bonus mean in Skoda Fabia insurance?
No claim bonus is a percentage reward your insurer offers for not filing a claim during the previous policy year. NCB allows you to save money on Skoda Fabia insurance during the renewal. The NCB percentage starts at 20% for a single claim-free year and increases to 50% for five consecutive years without a claim. But remember that your accumulated NCB will be lost if you do not renew your policy on time (before the expiration/grace period).
What documents are necessary to file a claim for Skoda Fabia car insurance?
Depending on the claim type (cashless or reimbursement), you will need all or most of the following documents.
- Copy of Skoda Fabia insurance policy
- Driver's licence
- Duly filled claim application form
- Registration certificate copy
- Original repair invoices
- FIR copy (mandatory if you are filing a claim for theft or third-party damage)
Can my motor insurer refuse to renew my Skoda Fabia policy?
Yes, there are many scenarios in which the insurer has the right to reject your renewal request. Among them are previous fraudulent claim submissions, information falsification, document mismatches, and using your Skoda for illegal activities.