Skoda Laura Insurance
Skoda Laura Insurance
As is the case with any Volkswagen car, the Skoda Laura offers unmatched durability, performance, and perfection. A car with an intrinsic style, Skoda Laura is sleek with minimal structure. With features to attract Indian customers, you can be assured of a stylish and high-performance ride tailored to Indian conditions.
Skoda never ceases to amaze with its latest engine technology, innovative designs, and overall contemporary luxury. Skoda takes safety seriously and has included an anti-lock braking system, power door locks, driver and passenger airbags, day and night rearview mirror, crash sensor, and a range of other features to make Laura stylish and secure.
However, it is prudent to buy car insurance for Skoda Laura to protect it from any unforeseen situations. Tata AIG offers a Skoda Laura car insurance policy to protect your prized possession from mishaps and collisions.
When you decide to buy Skoda car insurance, you have the option to choose between the mandatory third-party insurance plan and a comprehensive plan. While a third-party policy offers coverage for damages to the life or property of a third party, it does not cover damages to your car or injuries to you. However, with a comprehensive four wheeler insurance plan, you get third-party coverage and protection against damages to your car.
Skoda Laura Car Insurance Renewal/New Purchase via Tata AIG
With Tata AIG, the process of buying a new insurance policy or renewing your existing policy is simple and hassle-free. While there are offline ways of buying or renewing a car insurance plan, online processes can save time and money. Here is a quick look at the process of buying/renewing a Skoda Laura insurance policy.
- Visit the Car Insurance page on our website
- Enter the registration number of your Skoda Laura. If you are an existing Tata AIG policyholder and want to renew your policy, then click on ‘Renew’. If you are looking to purchase a new Skoda insurance plan, then click on ‘Get Price’.
- The next page will open a form requesting details of your car and some personal details of the owner
- Once you have entered the required details, a list of IDVs will be displayed. This is the Insured Declared Value (IDV) or the current market price of your car. It is the maximum amount you can receive in the event of the total loss of your vehicle. Choose the IDV carefully, as it will determine the premium of your car insurance policy.
- If you are looking for a Skoda insurance renewal, then make sure you provide information about the claims you have made in the past. Any claim-free term/s can help you get a discount on the premium for the renewed policy.
- The Skoda insurance cost will be displayed on the page. This is the premium of the comprehensive policy for your Skoda Laura car.
- In the next step, you can choose the riders that you want with the policy. Tata AIG offers 12 unique riders to help you customise the policy as per your needs. However, riders can increase the Skoda Laura insurance cost. Choose wisely.
- Once you are satisfied with the features and the premium, make the payment using one of the digital payment options listed
A digital copy of your insurance policy will be mailed to you as soon as we receive the payment.
Skoda Laura Car Insurance Price - Your Premium Amount
The IDV is the most important factor in determining the premium of a Skoda Laura insurance plan. Usually, the age and location of the vehicle are considered while calculating the IDV of a car. This allows insurance companies to arrive at the approximate IDV or the current market value of the vehicle, which becomes the sum assured of your policy.
Various other factors, like the riders you choose, deductibles, etc., contribute to the calculation of the premium amount. You can use our online car insurance calculator to compare car insurance using different combinations of features and riders and find the most cost-efficient plan for your car.
Add-ons for Skoda Laura Car Insurance by Tata AIG
Comprehensive car insurance plans offer coverage for damages to the insured car apart from the third-party liability cover. However, it has limited scope. If you need specific coverage, then you can opt for a rider. Tata AIG offers a set of 12 riders as follows:
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Repair of Glass, Fibre, and Plastic Parts
- Daily Allowance Cover
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expense Cover
- Key Replacement
- Engine Secure
- Tyre Secure
- Consumables Expense
- Loss of Personal Belongings
- Return to Invoice Cover
Add-ons are additional covers that you may want to obtain by paying an extra premium. Therefore, you have to wisely assess your need before choosing an add-on because it can significantly increase the Skoda Laura insurance cost.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Skoda Laura Car Insurance
When you buy car insurance, it is important to go through the policy documents carefully and understand the terms and conditions along with the inclusions and exclusions of the policy. Here is a list of inclusions and exclusions of a comprehensive Skoda Laura Insurance policy:
|What is covered – Inclusions||What is not covered – Exclusions|
|Coverage for damages to the life and/or property of a third-party + damage to the insured vehicle||If you use your Skoda Laura for racing or speed testing, or any other prohibited activities, then the policy will not offer any coverage|
|With the right add-ons, you can get coverage for damages to the accessories and glass/fibre/plastic parts too.||Sometimes, car owners take their vehicles outside the country. If the car meets with an accident or mishap outside India, then the policy offers no coverage.|
|Covers damages to the insured Skoda Laura caused by explosions, self-ignition fires, lightning etc.||If your Skoda Laura suffers damage due to an electrical or mechanical breakdown for general wear and tear, then the policy offers no coverage|
|The comprehensive plan offers personal accident cover up to ₹15 Lakh to manage hospitalisation and treatment costs if the owner-driver is injured in an accident.||There is no coverage for the damages caused by war, or war-like situations|
|Covers the damage caused by natural disasters like storms, cyclones, floods, earthquakes, etc.||The motor insurance will not cover the damages caused to the Skoda Laura if the driver does not hold a valid licence at the time of driving the car or breaks traffic rules|
|Pays for the damages caused to the insured car because of human acts of terrorism, riots, vandalism and more.||In case you use your private car for commercial purposes, and it meets with an accident, the insurance for your car will not cover the damages|
|Covers against theft of the vehicle or total loss||If the car met with an accident while the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the four wheeler insurance will not pay for the damages|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Skoda Laura Car Insurance?
Choosing the right insurance provider is an important decision since the policy comes into play during an emergency. Without a reliable insurance company, the claim settlement can take a long time. Tata AIG has gained the trust of thousands of car owners as a reliable insurance provider: Here are some highlights:
- 5 crore+ happy customers
- More than two decades of track record of insuring vehicles efficiently
- A customer-focused, simple claim settlement process
- Clear and transparent communication regarding charges and the terms and conditions of policies
Overview – Skoda Laura Car Model
A luxury sedan, the Skoda Laura uses cutting-edge technology to ensure optimum performance on Indian roads and driving conditions. It is a 5-seater, 4-cylinder car with a ground clearance of 164mm. Skoda Laura is available with an automatic and manual transmission option and offers a mileage of around 13-20 kmpl.
Laura is available in three engine options (2 diesel and 1 petrol) and many variants. Here are the technical features of the Skoda Laura (1.8 TSI Classic Petrol):
- ARAI Mileage of 13.4 kmpl
- Engine Displacement of 1798cc
- Max Torque 250 nm at 1500-4500rpm
- Max Power 157.8bhp @ 4500-6200rpm
Skoda Laura Price and Variants
|Variant Name||Last Recorded Price|
|Classic 1.8 TSI (Petrol)||₹12.58 lakhs|
|Active 1.8 TSI (Petrol)||₹13.06 lakhs|
|Ambiente 1.9 TDI MT (Diesel-1896cc)||₹13.77 lakhs|
|Ambiente 2.0 TDI CR MT (Diesel-1968cc)||₹14.09 lakhs|
|Ambiente 1.9 TDI AT (Diesel-1896cc)||₹14.58 lakhs|
|Ambition 2.0 TDI CR MT (Diesel-1968cc)||₹14.72 lakhs|
|Ambition 1.8 TSI (Petrol)||₹14.82 lakhs|
|Ambiente 2.0 TDI CR AT (Diesel-1968cc)||₹15.21 lakhs|
|Elegance 1.9 TDI MT (Diesel-1896cc)||₹15.39 lakhs|
|Elegance 1.9 TDI AT (Diesel-1896cc)||₹16.02 lakhs|
|Ambition 2.0 TDI CR AT (Diesel-1968cc)||₹16.32 lakhs|
|Elegance 2.0 TDI CR MT (Diesel-1968cc)||₹16.52 lakhs|
|RS (Petrol)||₹16.67 lakhs|
|Elegance 2.0 TDI CR AT (Diesel-1968cc)||₹17.77 lakhs|
|L&K 2.0 TDI AT (Diesel-1968cc)||₹19.43 lakhs|
Unique Selling Points: Skoda Laura Car Features
Indians love Skoda cars – especially the elite. Most cars by Skoda are loaded with features, safe, and powerful, have simple but elegant looks, are reliable, and have legendary build quality. The Skoda Laura is no different. It is a spacious luxury sedan with a range of features that make it one of the best in its segment.
- Automatic and Tiptronic transmission with six forward and one reverse gear
- Power steering with McPherson suspension in the front and multi-element axle with one longitudinal and three transverse links in the rear
- Adjustable driver seats with a memory setting option
- Illuminated and refrigerated glove compartment
Rivals of Skoda Laura Car
Some close competitors of the Skoda Laura are:
- Honda Accord
- Hyundai Sonata
- Toyota Camry
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How to claim Skoda Laura Car Insurance?
Tata AIG offers a simple claim settlement process that allows policyholders to receive the settlement in the shortest possible time with minimal hassle. Here is how you can claim Skoda car insurance:
- Go to the Self Service option on our website and click on ‘Claim’
- Log in using the registered phone number
- Enter your policy number and other details to register your claim
- Once your claim is received, we will send your car to the garage and ascertain the damage
- The claim settlement process will be initiated, we will repair your car and return it to you
You can also opt for an offline settlement process. For that, you will need to visit your nearest Tata AIG office and connect with the claim settlement officer. In any which way, be it online or offline, a surveyor will contact you to verify your claim and check the damages caused to your vehicle. After that, your car will be sent to a network garage for repair, or you will be reimbursed for the damages.
How to Renew Skoda Laura Car Insurance?
At Tata AIG, renewing your Skoda car insurance policy online can be completed by following these simple steps:
Visit one of the following pages:
- Tata AIG Renewal Page
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Page
Provide the registration number of your car, and all other details
Pay the premium
What is the price of a Skoda Laura Car?
The Skoda Laura car price varies from ₹12.58 lakhs for the Classic 1.8 TSI (Petrol) model and goes up to ₹19.43 lakhs for the L&K 2.0 TDI AT (Diesel-1968cc) model.
What are the available variants in Skoda Laura Car?
Skoda Laura has the following variants:
- Classic 1.8 TSI (Petrol)
- Active 1.8 TSI (Petrol)
- Ambiente 1.8 TSI (Petrol)
- Ambiente 1.9 TDI MT (Diesel-1896cc)
- Ambiente 2.0 TDI CR MT (Diesel-1968cc)
- Ambiente 1.9 TDI AT (Diesel-1896cc)
- Ambition 2.0 TDI CR MT (Diesel-1968cc)
- Ambition 1.8 TSI (Petrol)
- Ambiente 2.0 TDI CR AT (Diesel-1968cc)
- Elegance 1.9 TDI MT (Diesel-1896cc)
- Ambition 1.8 TSI AT (Petrol)
- Elegance 1.9 TDI AT (Diesel-1896cc)
- Ambition 2.0 TDI CR AT (Diesel-1968cc)
- Elegance 2.0 TDI CR MT (Diesel-1968cc)
- RS (Petrol)
- Elegance 2.0 TDI CR AT (Diesel-1968cc)
- L&K 2.0 TDI AT (Diesel-1968cc)
Is Skoda Laura a good car?
The Skoda Laura is one of the most feature-rich, strong-built, classy luxury sedans in India. It offers a comfortable and safe driving experience.
How much is insurance for a Skoda Laura car?
The cover offered by the insurer will depend upon the current market value of the car. It will also vary with the choice of riders and deductibles. The best way to estimate it is by using the online car insurance calculator.