How to Get Duplicate RC Online?
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Need to know how to get duplicate RC online for your bike? You have come to the right place as in this article we will provide you with an in-depth explanation on how to get duplicate RC online for two-wheelers.
As with every important document, keeping your bike’s Registration Certificate (RC) safe is necessary. Think of the RC as essential as your driving license or bike insurance policy! If you’re wondering why this document is so sensitive, understand that it has the engine number and the chassis number of your bike, along with the registration date and number as well as the type and colour of your vehicle. These details are crucial as your lost, or stolen vehicle can be tracked using the information on the RC of your two-wheeler. This is the reason your bike’s RC needs to be maintained carefully.
Now that you know that the RC and the insurance for your 2 wheeler are crucial, you should try and keep these papers safe at all times. However, there is always a chance of them being misplaced. But just like you can get a copy of your insurance for your 2 wheeler online, it is also possible to get a copy of your RC online in case it is lost or stolen. Here is how you can go about the process.
How to Get a Duplicate RC book for your Bike Online?
-Documents Needed for a Duplicate RC
Once you know how to get a duplicate RC online, these are some of the relevant documents you should submit to complete the process:
- A copy of the FIR, police certificate from the local police station where the complaint was lodged.
- A copy of the affidavit that states the loss of the RC.
- The duly filled Form 26.
- Pollution Under Control Certificate.
- Your bike insurance certificate.
- Address proof of the vehicle’s owner.
- A print of the engine chassis and the engine pencil.
- PAN card, Form 60, or Form 61 of your vehicle.
- Your signature as the bike’s owner.
In case your bike is being used for commercial purposes, you may also have to provide some more documents such as a tax clearance certificate and clearance challan from the Enforcement Traffic Wing.
- Apply for a Duplicate RC Online
Follow these steps for an online duplicate RC application for two wheeler:
- Visit the official Parivahan Sewa online portal and select the state and your nearest RTO office.
- Enter your bike’s registration number and click on “Proceed.” You can then see all details of your vehicle on the screen, which you should check properly.
- On the next page, select “Duplicate Registration Certificate” from the list of other service options and click on it.
- Fill in the last 5 digits of your vehicle’s chassis number and click on the button next to it.
- Fill up the online form with the relevant details and upload the documents as needed. Then click on “Submit.”
- You can then make the payment online and take a printout of the acknowledgement and application form of the duplicate registration certificate.
- Be sure to submit the form to your nearest RTO office with all documents and book an appointment slot to have your vehicle verified.
The Parivahan Sewa services online portal can also help you know your duplicate RC status of your bike. Under “RCDL,” simply enter your bike’s registration number to know the status. It takes up to 15-30 days to process the duplicate RC from the time you submit your documents. After the RC is processed and ready, you can also download it online on the portal.
Why is bike insurance important for getting duplicate RC?
As you can already see, your bike insurance policy is an important document when you need to apply for a duplicate RC online. Therefore, always ensure that you have a valid insurance policy with you at all times. This will not only help you get the duplicate registration certificate but will also protect your bike from a variety of damages and also aid in avoiding unnecessary traffic and legal fines, and even imprisonment!
If you do not have a valid bike insurance policy or your existing policy is nearing the expiry date, then it is best to complete the bike insurance renewal online so that there is no delay in renewing your bikes insurance plan and securing your two-wheeler. If you have a Tata AIG bike insurance plan, you can follow the simple online process on our official website’s bike insurance page to complete the renewal of your two-wheeler insurance.
Alternatively, if you would like to select suitable insurance for a two-wheeler online, then you can avail yourself of our quick and convenient online purchase process and get a policy of your choice while saving a lot of time. We also ensure that you need not provide any documentation but only a few basic details to be able to purchase your policy without any delays!
Things to Remember While Getting a Duplicate RC
Your bike’s registration certificate should always be protected and kept in a safe place to prevent it from being lost. However, since mishaps can occur, here are a few things to remember when getting a duplicate RC for your bike.
- Always ensure that your bike insurance policy is active. An expired policy can lead to a lot of hassles while procuring the duplicate RC.
- If you do not have the latest copy of your PUCC, then go for the emission test and get the new document.
- The address proof you provide should always be the current one. In case the address is old, you may have issues getting the duplicate RC.
- While filling up Forms 26, 60, or 61, take time to enter the correct details carefully. Wrong details can lead to a delay in the issuance of your duplicate RC.
Years ago, getting a duplicate RC for your bike may have been a hassle; but today, you can easily opt to apply for the duplicate RC with the online services available. However, to be on the safer side, it is better to keep your bike’s registration certificate safe and avoid misplacing it. Since the RC of the bike contains some crucial information about your vehicle, losing this document may lead to your bike being stolen.