Tata Tigor Car Ev Insurance
Tata Tigor EV Insurance
Tata's most recent entry into the EV segment is the Tata Tigor EV. The brand new EV is propelled by a powerful engine and a dependable battery. This time, the manufacturer paid close attention to both the interior and exterior of the vehicle. There are also a number of high-tech features in this car that may not be found in other budgeted EVs.
If you intend to purchase this EV, keep in mind that EV parts are not readily available in every garage. Thus, it suggested purchasing Tata car insurance in India to save yourself from hefty repair costs in the event of an unfortunate event.
The Tata AIG comprehensive motor insurance protects you from losing your account balance in the event of an accident, natural disaster, fire, riot, theft, etc. It also covers medical expenses if the driver or owner suffers injury in an accident. Furthermore, personal accident cover offers a lump sum payment in the event of disability or death of the owner.
Tata Tigor EV Insurance Renewal/Purchase via Tata AIG
Gone are the days when obtaining insurance required frequent visits to the insurer's branch. Tata AIG allows you to purchase or renew your Tata motor insurance with just a few clicks on your smartphone. Here is how to get car insurance renewal online.
- Visit the official website of Tata AIG and navigate to the car insurance page.
- Share your Tata Tigor's registration number and click on 'Get Price' if you are a new customer. Existing customers should click on the 'Renew' tab after sharing their information.
- Fill out the online form with a few basic details on the next page to receive an instant car insurance quote on your registered contact number or email address.
- After that, pick the right Insurance Declared Value (IDV) from the list available on the web page.
- Inform the insurer if you have previously filed claims. If you have a claim-free policy year, you will receive a No Claim Bonus (NCB).
- Your screen will display the premium you need to pay to secure your Tata Tigor ride.
- You also have the option to pick from 12 different add-ons to boost your policy coverage by paying an additional premium.
- Lastly, you can make premium payments by selecting one of the multiple online payment options available. Following the successful payment, you will receive a soft copy of your policy document in the mailbox.
You may also purchase the policy by visiting your nearest Tata AIG branch.
Tata Tigor EV Insurance Price - Your Policy Premium
When you purchase insurance for cars, the premium depends upon the IDV of the vehicle. IDV refers to the maximum amount your insurer will pay if the claim is for total loss due to irreparable damage to the car or theft. It is basically your Tata Tigor's current market worth after factoring in the depreciation.
You can obtain the IDV by using Tata AIG's four-wheeler IDV calculator or visiting the nearest Tata dealership. If you have installed any aftermarket accessories, the IDV of the same will be calculated separately.
Add-ons for Tata Tigor EV Insurance by Tata AIG
There are numerous risks associated with driving a car, and you cannot predict those. What if your car breaks down and you are stranded on the highway at midnight? Can you arrange for its towing to the nearest service centre? Probably not.
Add-ons are known to broaden the scope of your policy's coverage. Tata AIG allows you to choose from 12 riders. They are as follows:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Daily Allowance Cover
- Rider for Repair of Plastic, Glass, and Fibre Parts
- Emergency Hotel & Transport Expense Cover
- Key Replacement
- Tyre Secure
- Engine Secure
- Consumables Expense Cover
- Add-on for Loss of Personal Belongings
- Return to Invoice Cover
Keep in mind that clubbing add-on covers with your standalone Tata EV insurance can significantly spike the Tata Tigor EV price. So, we suggest you assess your need for add-on covers carefully before selecting add-ons.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Tata Tigor EV Insurance
Before buying Tata car insurance, it is crucial to understand your policy's inclusion and exclusions to avoid any future troubles. Here is the table detailing Tata AIG's insurance for cars.
|What is covered||What is not covered|
|Tata AIG covers your car from events like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, tsunamis, and other natural calamities.||The policy will not cover your Tata Tigor if you use it for racing, illegal activities, speed testing, or similar activities.|
|In the event your car sustains damage due to riots, strikes, vandalism, or other similar disasters, AIG covers them all.||If your car sustains damage outside the geographical limits specified in your policy documents, Tata AIG is not liable to bear the repairs costs.|
|Loss to your car arising from explosion, lighting, or self-ignition is covered by this policy.||At the time of the accident, if you are found driving under the influence of alcohol, your Tata AIG car insurance stands void.|
|This insurance covers any damage to your Tata Tigor caused by a car accident.||Loss of your car due to a nuclear explosion, biological war, or other warlike situation is subject to the policy exclusions of Tata AIG.|
|The policy covers any loss or damage that occurs during transit.||You will not be compensated for claims filed under a lapsed policy.|
|If a third party sustains property or bodily harm as a result of an accident involving your vehicle, this policy will compensate them.||Tata AIG will not cover the accidental loss if the driver is found driving without a valid driver's licence.|
|Tata AIG also covers accidental injury to the driver or owner of the car.||Loss to your car or its components due to regular wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown, and consequential loss are not covered under Tata motors insurance.|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Tata Tigor EV Car Insurance?
Purchasing a car is a significant investment, especially if you are interested in an electric vehicle such as the Tata Tigor EV. Since EVs are still new to the Indian market, the cost of repairs and replacement is higher than that of a conventional engine vehicle. Here is how Tata AIG ensures a safe ride in your new Tata Tigor EV.
- Paying for repairs out of pocket is not always possible, especially if your vehicle has sustained significant damage. In light of this, Tata AIG offers a network of 8700+ garages where you can get repairs without spending a rupee.
- What's more aggravating than waiting days for a claim settlement? Tata AIG is known for its quick claim settlement process and has a 98% claim settlement ratio.
- With Tata AIG, you can save up to 50% on your Tata car insurance renewal premium by driving responsibly and avoiding unnecessary claims.
- Tata AIG allows you to customise and enhance motor insurance coverage by selecting from twelve add-ons.
- Tata AIG holds a legacy of over 20 years and has successfully catered to the needs of over five crore happy customers.
Overview - Tata Tigor EV Model
The Tigor EV is a new addition to the Indian EV market. Tigor has a slew of high-end and stylish features that you may not find in other Tata vehicles. The most notable feature is the Ziptron EV powertrain technology. You cannot overlook the driving range it offers in a single charge.
Tata equipped this car with LED DRLs, projector headlights, new fog lamps, revised taillamps, and all-new 14-inch alloy wheels to give it a trendy look. The interior includes a stylish 7-inch infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support. The iRA system in it provides more than thirty connected features. Tata Tigor is currently available in four different variants and two colour options: Signature Teal Blue and Daytona Grey.
Key technical features of Tata Tigor
- Driving range of 306 km per charge
- Maximum torque of 170 Nm
- Maximum power of 73.75 bhp
- Boot space of 316 litres
- Kerb weight of 1235 kg
Tata Tigor EV Price and Variants
Tata Tigor EVs are available in four versions. This electric vehicle has a driving range of 306 kilometres on a single charge. The base model of the Tata Tigor EV costs ₹12.49 lakhs (ex-showroom). The pricing information for its variants is provided below.
|Tata Tigor EV XE (automatic, electric)||₹12.49 Lakh|
|Tata Tigor EV XM (automatic, electric)||₹12.99 Lakh|
|Tata Tigor EV XZ Plus (automatic, electric)||₹13.49 Lakh|
|Tata Tigor EV XZ Plus Dual Tone (automatic, electric)||₹13.64 Lakh|
Unique Selling Points: Tata Tigor EV Features
If you are looking for a budgeted electric vehicle from the most trusted manufacturer in India, Tata Tigor EV is your car. Tata Tigor boats on its powerful engine, strong battery, and comfortable driving. Its wheels are designed in such a way that they can easily sail through difficult terrain. When evaluating this vehicle, it is impossible to overlook its sleek exterior and stylish interior. Here is what else you should know about this EV's unique features.
- Tigor EV features a permanent magnet synchronous electrical engine paired with 26 kWh lithium-ion batteries positioned beneath the rear seat.
- Tigor has two airbags, an electronic brake assist (EBA), electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), and an electronic stability programme (ESP) with corner stability control to ensure your safety while riding.
- Tigor EV has a fast-charging feature that takes only two hours to charge.
- It also has a voice recognition system, adjustable steering, adjustable headrests, rear armrests, and power windows for a comfortable ride.
Rivals of Tata Tigor EV Car
Even though the Tata Tigor EV has several unique features, it faces stiff competition from the following models.
- Hyundai Verna
- Mahindra E-Verito
- Nissan Kicks
All the prices and other information listed above pertain to a specific city and vehicle model. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest information before purchasing a vehicle or an insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Question
Q.1. How to Claim Tata Tigor EV Car Insurance?
Raising a claim for a Tata AIG car insurance policy requires only four simple steps. Here are the details:
- Initiate your claim request online using your Tata Tigor insurance policy number. You will also need to share some of your basic information, as well as FIR information.
- Tata AIG will then send a surveyor to assess the damage to your vehicle.
- Your vehicle will then be taken to a garage for repairs.
- After this, Tata AIG will start processing your claim request.
After the successful processing of your claim application, the car will be repaired and handed over to you.
Q.2. How to Renew my Tata Tigor EV Car Insurance?
Renewing your Tata Tigor motor insurance is just a matter of minutes. Here is how.
- Visit the official website of Tata AIG and navigate to the car insurance page.
- Share your basic information.
- Click on the 'Renew' tab.
- Fill out the detailed form requiring a few other details like policy numbers, add-ons, etc.
- Make an online payment.
Q.3. What is the price of the Tata Tigor EV base model?
Tata Tigor EV is available in four versions. The Tigor EV XE is the entry-level model, and it costs ₹12.49 lakh. The top model of Tigor EV costs ₹13.64 lakh.
Q.4. Is the Tata Tigor EV a good car?
Tigor EV is unquestionably a good car in this price range, given the variety of features it provides. One of the great attributes of this car is the comfortable ride and driving range it provides after only two hours of fast charging.
Q.5. What are the factors that influence my Tata Tigor EV insurance premium?
When determining your motor insurance premium, the insurer considers various parameters. A few of them are listed below.
- Car's make and model, and version
- Age of the car
- Place of registration
- Policy coverage amount
- Voluntary deductible amount
- Number of add-ons chosen
- Fuel type
- Mode of insurance
Q.6. How can I lower the cost of my Tata Tigor EV insurance premium?
There are numerous methods for lowering your premium cost. Some of these are as follows:
- Increase the amount of voluntary deductible if you can bear more out-of-pocket expenses during the claim settlement.
- Avoid raising petty claims to accumulate NCB rewards.
- If possible, install an anti-theft device on your Tigor.
- Avoid unnecessary modifications. It not only raises the premium but also has an effect on performance.