Volkswagen Car Insurance
Volkswagen Car Insurance
Looking for insurance for your car? Tata AIG’s comprehensive four wheeler insurance will cover your Volkswagen car!
The German automobile maker Volkswagen came to the Indian market with 1 car each in the hatchback and sedan categories and 2 cars in the SUV category in 2007. Its subsidiary, the Volkswagen Group India has its plant in Chakan, Pune, where the Tiagun, Vento, and Tiagun models are manufactured. With German engineering, each of the Volkswagen cars is designed to be powerful and offer the best possible and consistent performance on the road, despite the regular use!
Even though your car may be strong and sturdy, it is your responsibility to protect it with a suitable Tata AIG Volkswagen car insurance policy. Be it a third-party car insurance policy or comprehensive four wheeler insurance, we will help you find your very own car insurance plan that will safeguard your Volkswagen from a host of natural, man-made, and accidental damages!
Buy/Renew Volkswagen Insurance
Whether you are driving your Volkswagen car or it is simply parked, there is always some possibility of accidental damage of any kind. To ensure that this damage does not become an expense for you, Tata AIG offers a simple online process through which you can buy or renew your car insurance for Volkswagen:
- Visit our official Tata AIG website and go to the Car Insurance page.
- Fill in the registration number of your car. Click on ‘Get Price’ if you want to renew your four wheeler insurance policy. In the case of your existing Tata AIG policy, click ‘Renew’ for your Volkswagen car insurance renewal.
- Fill in the online form with the necessary details to get an instant quote for your Volkswagen insurance rate.
- Select a suitable Insured Declared Value (IDV) for your car from the list of IDVs given.
- In the next step, mention your claim history, if any or else, you are eligible for a No Claim Bonus discount on your premiums.
- Take a look at the premium payable on your Tata AIG Volkswagen insurance policy.
- Make an online payment for your policy through any of the digital channels. You will then get a soft copy of the Volkswagen insurance on your email ID, confirming your purchase.
Volkswagen Car Insurance Cost - Your Premium Amount
Having a comprehensive car insurance policy for your Volkswagen does not always have to mean high premium payments. With Tata AIG’s car insurance calculator and range of car insurance policies, you can avail of reasonable premiums on your policy while availing of extensive coverage for your four-wheeler.
The premiums of your Volkswagen car insurance India policy will be determined by a number of factors such as the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car, the type of coverage and policy, the city where your car is registered, the make and model of your car and others. To ensure that you are aware of your car’s IDV or current market value, get in touch with your local dealership. Knowing the IDV helps you understand your insurance coverage and calculate your premiums on our car insurance premium calculator.
You can opt for a suitable IDV when purchasing a Tata AIG car insurance policy so that you can get adequate coverage for your bike. By selecting the right IDV, you pay reasonable premiums, and in case of a total loss of your car due to irreversible damage or theft, you can receive appropriate compensation from us.
Volkswagen cars are known to be among the premium cars in this country which brings them in a higher price range. Damages to your Volkswagen car can turn out to be quite expensive if you do not have a suitable Volkswagen car insurance India policy to protect your car.
Inclusions/Exclusions Under TATA AIG’s Volkswagen Car Insurance
|Inclusions under Tata AIG Volkswagen car insurance||Exclusions under Tata AIG Volkswagen car insurance|
|Damages due to natural occurrences like floods, earthquakes, frost, etc., and human causes such as riots, vandalism, etc.||Damages to the car when it is used outside the geographical scope of the policy (outside India)|
|Financial and legal liabilities from damages caused to a third-party person, vehicle, or property due to the insured car.||General maintenance cost or damages due to the car’s wear and tear through regular use.|
|A Personal Accident Cover of ₹15 lakhs for the owner-driver in case of accidental injuries or the death of the owner-driver. In case of accidental death, the owner-driver’s nominee gets the sum assured.||Only 50% reimbursement will be applicable to replace consumables spent due to the car’s wear and tear.|
|Damage to the car due to self-ignition, explosions, implosions, lightning, and others.||If the car suffers damages due to war, rebellion, or any such act in the country.|
|Total loss of the four-wheeler as a result of theft or irreparable damage.||Damage to a private car being used for commercial purposes or if it is used for speed racing and adventure sports.|
|Accidental damages to the insured car due to collision, fires, etc.||If the car is damaged due to negligent driving, or if the driver is not wearing a seatbelt or is driving under the influence of intoxicating substances or without a valid license./td>|
Why Is It Important to Have TATA AIG for your Volkswagen Car Insurance?
At Tata AIG, we go a step beyond offering comprehensive and customisable car insurance policies. With us, you can be sure of quality services and our commitment to ensuring that you get all the support you need for a complete insurance experience:
- Our range of car insurance policies give you enough choices so that you can pick the right four wheeler insurance that is suited to your needs and budget.
- We have an efficient customer service team that can handle the insurance needs of over 5-crore happy customers.
- For more than 20 years, we have pledged to help our customers with quality insurance services, no matter what their needs.
- Tata AIG’s claim experts all across India not only help you choose your car insurance policy but also guide you through the renewal and claims process.
- Our claim settlement ratio of 98% during FY 2020-21 clearly shows our determination to settle your claims effectively through a hassle-free process.
Volkswagen – Overview
Ever since Volkswagen came to India in 2007, all their German-engineered models are high-performing vehicles that offer a mileage of 18 kmpl and a thrilling touch of sophistication, making them popular as a daily use vehicle for most of the Indian population. What makes their cars even more suitable for everyday use is their sturdiness and the comfort offered in each of the car models.
One of the most important features of the brand is the My Volkswagen Connect which allows you to stay close to your car even though you may be far away. This solution records and maintains information to provide you with a boosted driving experience and comes with features such as an anti-theft alarm, Time Fencing, GeoFencing, and much more.
The upcoming Volkswagen Virtus which will be launched in a couple of months is expected to be an equally high-performance four-wheeler that lives up to the standards of the Volkswagen brand!
Volkswagen Models and Prices
|Volkswagen Models||Price (in ₹)|
|Volkswagen Taigun||11 lakhs onwards|
|Volkswagen Polo||6.49 lakhs onwards|
|Volkswagen Tiguan||31.99 lakhs onwards|
|Volkswagen Vento||10 lakhs onwards|
|Volkswagen Virtus (expected launch in May 2022)||9 lakhs onwards (estimated)|
Unique Selling points: Volkswagen
If you are planning to purchase a Volkswagen car, these are some of the unique features of the car that you might be interested in:
- Volkswagen cars are known to be quite sturdy as the body is made from 100% galvanised steel and come with an anti-perforation warranty of 6 years.
- The parking sensors, electronic stabilisation control, anti-lock braking, system traction control, and other safety features in Volkswagen cars make them among the safest cars to drive.
- Volkswagen’s turbocharged stratified injected (TSI) is a four-cylinder, fuel-efficient, traditional combustion engine which is now BS6-compliant.
- The brand’s cars are tested periodically to ensure that each of the Volkswagen cars complies with the most stringent quality and safety standards.
Rivals of Volkswagen
- BMW Group
- General Motors
- Ford Motor
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Hyundai Motor
- Volvo Group
- PSA Group
Disclaimer: All the car prices and other information listed above pertain to a specific city and vehicle model. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest information before purchasing a vehicle or an insurance policy.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
How to file a claim for my Volkswagen car insurance?
How to file a claim for my Volkswagen car insurance?
Here is how you can easily file a car insurance claim for your Volkswagen car with Tata AIG’s quick and easy online process:
- Go to the ‘Claims’ section on our website. Mention your policy number, FIR details, and other details as needed on the online form.
- Tata AIG will check your car for damages, and it will be sent to the garage.
- We will begin the claim settlement process.
- Once the process is complete and your claim has been settled, the car will be repaired and sent back to you.
What is the price of a Volkswagen car?
The price of the Volkswagen Polo starts at ₹7.33 lakhs, while the price of the most expensive model, the Volkswagen Tiguan starts at ₹37.41 lakhs.
How to renew Volkswagen insurance?
You can follow these steps Tata AIG Volkswagen car insurance renewal online:
- Visit the Tata AIG Car Insurance page.
- Mention your car’s registration number and hit ‘Renew’.
- Mention all the necessary details on the online form.
- Your Tata AIG Volkswagen car insurance renewal will be completed after you make the payment.
What Volkswagen models are currently available in India?
The four models offered by Volkswagen are Volkswagen Taigun, Volkswagen Polo, Volkswagen Tiguan, and Volkswagen Vento. The Volkswagen Virtus is an upcoming car model.
Can I be covered for total loss under my Tata AIG Volkswagen insurance?
Yes, if you have a comprehensive Tata AIG car insurance policy and if your car is stolen or suffers extensive damages that cannot be repaired, you can claim these damages and be covered for total loss.