Hyundai Elantra Car Insurance
Hyundai Elantra Insurance
The Hyundai Elantra got launched in 2016. It made quite a buzz with its launch as a 5-seater spacious, low, and comfortable sedan with a revolutionary sleek yet bold design, sporty appearance and stylish rooflines, and cutting-edge innovative features. The Hyundai Elantra is available in three variants – the S, SX, and SX (O) and manual and automatic transmissions. It packs powerful features like the Hyundai digital key and personalised profile, wireless smartphone charging, and an 8-inch infotainment touch-screen display. In terms of safety, the Hyundai Elantra is equipped with ABS electronic stability control, six airbags, LED HID projector headlamps, and automatic climate control features. You can expect to make a powerful statement while enjoying a stress-free driving experience with the Elantra.
With so many innovative features in place, you’d think the Hyundai Elantra is exempt from the unpredictable nature of driving and sudden eventualities like accidents. However, this is not the case. You must ensure the safety of your car, of yourself, and of fellow vehicles and drivers on the road with four-wheeler insurance.
Four-wheeler insurance, at least third-party four-wheeler insurance, is mandatory in India as per the prevailing motor vehicle laws. However, we suggest you get a comprehensive car insurance plan for your Hyundai car insurance from Tata AIG. It will secure you, your Hyundai Elantra, and third-party drivers against financial liabilities in an unfortunate scenario like an accident, damage, or injury arising due to it. The car insurance policy from Tata AIG covers you against natural and man-made disasters.
Hyundai Elantra Insurance Renewal/ Buy via Tata AIG
Nowadays, it is very easy to buy car insurance or insurance of any type. You don’t have to visit the insurance office and spend time in queues to get your car insurance policy. You can easily buy Hyundai car insurance online in a matter of minutes. Or, if you already have an existing car insurance policy, you can carry out a Hyundai car insurance renewal in a few simple steps. All you have to do is visit the Tata AIG website and:
- Go to the Car Insurance page; enter your car registration number in the empty box provided.
- Click on ‘Get Price’ for a new Hyundai car insurance policy or ‘Renew’ for the Hyundai car insurance renewal.
- Once you click on either option, you will have to fill out a form. Enter details like your number, the Insured declared value (IDV) of the car, and any previous claim history.
- If you haven’t filed a car insurance claim in the previous years, you get awarded a no-claim bonus (NCB), which is a discount on the car insurance premiums.
- After submitting the necessary details, you will get a quote for the Hyundai Elantra insurance cost and the premiums payable.
- You can select the four-wheeler insurance policy as it is or select any add-ons/ riders to enhance the protection of your Hyundai Elantra.
- You can choose from 12 unique riders, including the Roadside assistance cover, return to invoice cover, and so on.
- You will receive a soft copy of your car insurance policy on your email/ number after you complete the payment.
Follow these steps if you want to purchase insurance for your four-wheeler offline -
- First, locate a Tata AIG office nearest to your location.
- Reach the office and approach the counter to express your desire to buy or renew your Hyundai Elantra insurance.
- One of our insurance experts will discuss all our plans with you and guide you through the process.
- Once the process is completed, including documentation, and payment, you will receive your policy papers
Hyundai Elantra Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The price of your Hyundai Elantra four-wheeler insurance will depend on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car. The IDV is the maximum sum assured payable under the car insurance policy during claim settlement if your car gets damaged beyond repair or stolen. The IDV depends on the market value of your car at the time of buying the four-wheeler insurance policy. It also depends on the age of your car, the make and model, and your geographical location. So, for instance, your Hyundai Elantra car is for ₹15 lakh at the time of purchase, immediately after which you get Hyundai car insurance. At the time of claim settlement, your IDV will be ₹15 lakh. You can get your IDV from a local arena dealership or use the free car insurance premium calculator on the Tata AIG website to get an estimate of Hyundai Insurance India for your Hyundai Elantra. You can even compare car insurance quotes through the calculator.
Add-ons for Hyundai Elantra Insurance by Tata AIG
While comprehensive car insurance is better than third-party insurance in terms of holistic protection, you can go the extra mile in protecting your Hyundai Elantra with specific add-ons. The Hyundai car insurance online under Tata AIG also comes with a choice of 12 add-on riders for a more inclusive car insurance cover. The riders include:
- No Claim Bonus Protection that allows the policyholder to make a specific number of car insurance claims in a given year while retaining the NCB benefit.
- Roadside Assistance Cover that provides immediate assistance and mechanic services if your car breaks down in a remote location.
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts cover that funds the repair of glass, fibre, and plastic parts of the damaged car
- Daily Allowance Cover that gives you a daily allowance for commute/ travel while your car gets repaired at the garage after an accident
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expense Cover that pays overnight accommodation expenses and travel charges if you are travelling to a particular destination and your car meets with an accident
- Key Replacement that replaces the lost car keys if your keys or car gets stolen
- Engine Secure that pays for the cost of repairing/ replacing the car engine
- Tyre Secure that covers the cost of repair/ replacement of damaged tyres or tubes due to an accident
- Consumables Expense that covers the cost of consumables like the AC gas, gearbox, engine oil, etc. lost in your car due to an accident
- Loss of Personal Belongings that covers the cost of specific lost/ damaged personal belongings
- Return to Invoice Cover that reimburses you for the depreciation of the car
- Zero Depreciation that also reimburses you for depreciation but of the car’s parts and after the filing of two insurance claims
Keep in mind that add-on coverages charge extra premium, and can significantly increase your Hyundai Elantra insurance cost. You should, therefore, assess your needs before opting for additional coverage.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Hyundai Elantra Insurance
At Tata AIG, we believe in complete transparency and disclosure. We want our customers to make informed decisions, especially when it comes to picking Hyundai car insurance. This table represents exactly what Tata AIG’s car insurance policy covers and does not cover.
|What is covered||What is not covered|
|Theft of your Elantra car or damage beyond repair in the scenario in which you will receive the IDV or the current market value of the car.||Vehicles hired or vehicles used for racing, speed testing, reliability trials, etc.|
|Damage caused due to natural disasters like floods, cyclones, earthquakes, lightning etc.||Damage to the car if it is used outside of India.|
|Damage caused due to manmade disasters like riots, terrorist attacks, strikes, fire, self-ignition, and other malicious acts.||Any consequential loss, wear and tear, and mechanical and electrical breakdown of the car.|
|Damage caused due to an accident Damage incurred in transit through waterways, airways, railways, etc. Damage caused to third parties, their vehicle, and their property||Damage caused by nuclear perils, war, or warlike operations|
|Injuries caused to the policyholder/ driver and medical expense coverage up to ₹15 lakh due to an accident||Damages caused due to the driver’s own negligence, absence of a license, or the use of a private vehicle for commercial use|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Hyundai Elantra Insurance?
Buying a car is not a one-time compulsive purchase but a lifelong dream come true for many. It requires earnest care, maintenance, and security with insurance. Tata AIG is committed to their customer’s cars like it is their own and prides itself on preserving every family’s dream purchase through providing all-rounder four-wheeler insurance. Here are a few guaranteed features of Tata AIG car insurance for your Hyundai Elantra.
- We settle over 98% of our car insurance claims – a percentage that goes to show our reliability.
- We honour the interests and priorities of more than 5 crore satisfied customers.
- As part of our customer-first approach, we have a hassle-free and time-efficient claim settlement process to make claim settlement a breeze.
- We have a wide-ranging network of over 8,700 trusted and expert garages.
- We have over 20 years of experience. We have adapted to the changing times and needs of our customers – but our core principles of integrity, transparency, and dedication have stayed the same.
- We have a team of 650+ claim experts ready to tackle your queries and make your insurance process seamless at any time.
- We have a quick and easy 3-step renewal process, so you can do your Hyundai car insurance renewal any time.
- We give up to 50% discount in no-claim bonuses to our policyholders.
- We offer up to 13 unique and customisable add-ons to enhance the level of coverage of your Hyundai car insurance policy.
- You can save up to 75% on car insurance premiums by buying Hyundai car insurance online.
Overview - Hyundai Elantra Car Model
The Hyundai Elantra was released to appeal to those striving for the best in their personal lives and on the roads. The Elantra car is modelled on the ‘Dare to challenge everything’ motto and has a design and make that compliment that approach. With progressive and innovative technologies that integrate seamlessly into the car’s features, a sporty and bold look, and a visionary new style, the Elantra impresses in its performance and appearance.
The Hyundai Elantra parametric dynamics –its slim roof lines, elongated hood, and low yet spacious seating add to its sleek aesthetic. The car’s engine varies depending on the variant, but overall, it has a 6-speed, 4-cylinder engine that generates a max power of around 6,300 rpm and max torque of 4,300 rpm. The Hyundai Elantra is available in 7 variants depending on the fuel type, transmission, and colour. It is available in five colours – Phantom Black, Typhoon Silver, Polar White, Electric Shadow (grey), Marina Blue and Fiery Red.
Some of its technical highlights include —
- ARAI Mileage ranging from 14.59kmpl to 14.62kmpl
- Engine displacement of 1493cc
- Max Torque of 250nm at 1500-2750rpm.
- Max Power of 113.45bhp at 4000rpm
- Length of 4620 mm and width of 1800mm
- Wheelbase of 2700mm
Hyundai Elantra Price and Variants
The Hyundai Elantra is available in 7 variants depending on whether they are petrol or diesel, and manual or automatic. The car is categorised into three sub-variants – Gamma, Smartstream, and Kappa. The Hyundai Elantra mileage for the petrol and diesel variants is the same – between 14.59kmpl and 14.62kmpl. The starting price of the Elantra is ₹15 lakhs, and the ending price is ₹21.13 lakhs. Its variants include —
|Hyundai Elantra (manual, diesel)||₹15 lakhs|
|Hyundai Elantra VTVT S (manual, petrol)||₹15.89 lakhs|
|Hyundai Elantra VTVT SX (manual, petrol)||₹17.86 lakhs|
|Hyundai Elantra CRDi SX (manual, diesel)||₹18.88 lakhs|
|Hyundai Elantra VTVT SX AT (automatic, petrol)||₹18.89 lakhs|
|Hyundai Elantra VTVT SX Option AT (automatic, petrol)||₹20.11 lakhs|
|Hyundai Elantra CRDi SX Option AT (automatic, diesel)||₹21.13 lakhs|
Unique Selling Points: Hyundai Elantra Car Features
When the Hyundai Elantra was released in 2016, it was way ahead of its time in terms of its appearance and features. It is crafted with spectacular and state-of-the-art features. Despite being a sedan, it is spacious and provides enough leg and headroom. Its engine is smooth, which helps in paving the way for a dynamic driving experience on the somewhat slippery and trafficked roads of India. Here are some unique selling points of the Hyundai Elantra
- LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs.
- Gloss back rear bumper
- Parking sensor display
- SMART drive mode
- Sunroof with ventilated seats
- Wireless phone charging
- Infinity sound system
- 420litre boot space
- Electronic stability control and Vehicle stability management
- Child seat mounts
- Long-follow assist
- Blind-spot collision avoidance assist
- An anti-lock braking system (ABS) that prevents the car from skidding on potholed or slippery roads.
Rivals of Hyundai Elantra Car
The Hyundai Elantra is power-packed with new features within an attractive price range. However, like every other brand, it is not free from competition. Some of Elantra’s closest rival cars include the:
- Hyundai Creta
- Skoda Slavia
- Honda City
- Honda Civic
- Toyota Corolla Altis