Senior Citizen Health Insurance Schemes From The Government
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
PMJAY is one of the largest government-funded senior citizen health insurance schemes covering women and children, apart from senior citizens.
Click here to check the premium to secure your parents.
Senior Citizen Health Insurance Schemes from the Government
If you’re hoping to make the most of your retired life without worrying about your health or having to depend on your children or extended family, you should opt for a senior citizen health insurance scheme - and there’s a wide range of options available. Let’s look at them in detail:
Ayushman Bharat (now called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or PMJAY)
PMJAY is one of the largest government-funded senior citizen health insurance schemes covering women and children, apart from senior citizens. Here are some key features:
- Healthcare cover of Rs five lakh per family per annum living below the poverty line
- Covers all families listed in the SECC database
- Includes secondary and tertiary care
- Covers all pre-existing diseases
- Access to cashless and paperless healthcare
- Coordination and support by Arogya Mitra
- Benefits available across India
- Daycare expenses within the insurance package are covered
- Provisions for follow-up treatments to ensure the complete recovery of the patient
MediSenior Senior Citizen Health Insurance from Tata AIG
While not a government mediclaim policy, the MediSenior plan has been specially designed by Tata AIG for the senior citizens of your family. With a coverage amount of Rs 2-5 lakh, this plan ensures that they have access to the best medical treatment possible. Let’s look at some of the features:
- Covers more than 5000 hospitals
- 7.5% discount on prepaying two years’ premium - plus a 5% family discount if the policy covers two family members
- Covers in-patient treatment like ICU, room cost, medicines, nursing expenses, consumables, etc.
- Covers expenses for kidney and other organ transplants
- Coverage for Domiciliary treatment
- Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses
- Coverage for 140 different daycare procedures
- Ambulance charges up to Rs. 2000
- Lifelong renewal of policy with the ability to increase the sum assured
Your sunset years deserve to be healthy and peaceful. With these numerous and wide-ranging senior citizen health insurance schemes, you’re spoilt for choice. Make sure you #ThinkAhead and pick a plan that suits yours (and your family’s) needs.