Maruti Suzuki A Star Insurance
Maruti A Star Insurance
Anyone who has lived in a big city understands the true value of space. More often than not, you have to fight for half a spot, and most times, that involves a compromise. The Maruti Suzuki A-Star is a perfect amalgamation of comfort and compromise - with its upscale interiors, instantly recognisable front, and a bite-sized hatchback body that glides into any tight parking spot like a glove. Put it in the middle of peak traffic and you will rarely have to wait for an opening to zoom out, making it an ideal starter car for young people and families alike.
Unsurprisingly for those familiar with the quality of a good Maruti Suzuki offering, the A-Star is more than just a cute frog-like face. Packed with head-turning features like a smooth 3-cylinder motor that sounds slickest on empty streets and prompt steering wheel that's quick to respond, it fills the void of affordable, ergonomic, and good-looking four-wheelers.
One of the most talked-about aspects of this car is its aerodynamic shape, which at the right speed will make you feel as though you were sailing. It remains delightfully stable on high speeds of 100kmph or up, so one can be assured of reliability. Another feature that has rightly grabbed every autophile's attention is its neon pink illumination that gives the dashboard an edgy-in-a-futuristic-way look. Built to last, this is the type of vehicle that will keep you company for a long time, and pleasantly so.
However, no matter how safe and easy-to-drive the vehicle is, it's still imperative to have good insurance for four-wheelers that keeps you protected against financial liabilities. In case your A-Star is involved in an accident, theft, fire, or natural disaster, you won't have to pay for the damage out of your own pocket. Third-party motor insurance takes care of damages caused to a third person, vehicle, or property, while comprehensive insurance covers that and damages to your own.
Finding the right insurer who understands what you need and works fast to fulfil the same can be quite a hassle. At Tata AIG, our philosophy is simple: to be fast, efficient, and hassle-free, whether you're here to purchase a new car insurance policy or renew an existing one. You can even compare car insurance rates and plans with our online premium calculator and make sure you find a plan that works for you in every mile of the journey.
Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance Renewal or Purchase via Tata AIG
Bringing home a brand-new car is always a momentous occasion, and you can make it even more unforgettable by taking it for a ride the day your carriage arrives. But first, you must be sure to insure the vehicle with third-party liability coverage at the least. The process of finding, customising, and buying a car insurance policy is simpler than ever at Tata AIG, and the best part is the claims process is far from complicated as well.
Here are the steps you can follow, either by visiting the nearest AIG centre or logging into our website:
- Open the website and head to the four-wheeler insurance section.
- Type in your A-Star's registration number, date of purchase, and other relevant details. Click on 'Get Price' for a new plan altogether or 'Renew' to upgrade an existing one.
- Fill out the insurance application form and then click on 'Submit'. However, make sure there are no errors in the document to avoid re-writing.
- You will receive a premium estimate.
- Pick the exact or approximate Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your vehicle. Not sure what this is and how to calculate it? Check out our online calculator that will help you find out the market value of your Maruti Suzuki A-Star for free.
- Let your insurer know in case you have filed a car insurance claim before. If not, you'll be entitled to a No Claim Bonus (NCB) automatically.
- Your Maruti Suzuki A-Star insurance price will be shown on the screen alongside the premium amount to be paid for your purchase/renewal.
- Before selecting a policy, you can compare car insurance plans, scroll through the add-ons, and custom-create the exact coverage you need.
- Submit the premium payment online via any of the e-payment options. Once your payment has been verified, you will receive a soft copy of the plan on your registered email ID.
Not just your A-Star, but all Maruti Suzuki car insurance renewals on Tata AIG are simple. No matter which model you have, you can easily buy Maruti Suzuki car insurance online from us.
Maruti Suzuki A-Star Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
There’s no single factor that is responsible for your final premium amount on any kind of insurance. This depends largely on what and how you drive, including aspects such as the make and model of the vehicle, its safety and performance ratings, maintenance and repairs costs, size and dimensions, history of claims (if any), place of residence, etc.
Maruti car insurance premium prices are more directly based on the Insured Declared Value (IDV), which is the maximum liability an insurer carries in case of an accident, theft, or other incidents that are covered. This figure takes into the account the car’s depreciation value as well as the current market value of any add-on accessories. Calculating the IDV of your vehicle before applying for coverage will tell you what to expect vis-à-vis insurance premium rates. Simply use our free online four-wheeler insurance premium calculator for your Maruti A-Star.
You can use the insurance premium calculator to calculate the premium for all Maruti Suzuki car insurance.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance
Most people are under the impression that a one-size-fits-all principle works when it comes to insurance, but that’s not true. Sure, every motor policy offers basic features and benefits such as protection against third-party liability, but if you’re looking for something more specific and comprehensive, it’s always best to do your homework and understand exactly what is covered and not covered in a given plan.
At Tata AIG, a comprehensive auto insurance plan goes beyond traditional or mandated coverage. Below, we have listed out a majority of the features we offer, along with exclusions that aren’t included. This will help you understand exactly what to expect before filing a claim.
|Things covered under Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance||Things not covered under Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused during driving without a driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of the bike|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to racing activities, speed tests, and durability tests|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Keep in mind that the driver must possess a valid licence and an insurance policy at the time of the accident, without which the owner/driver may have his vehicle insurance claim rejected. So, if your existing policy is expiring, consider Maruti Suzuki A-star insurance renewal from Tata AIG and choose a comprehensive cover.
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance?
Contrary to popular belief, not every four-wheeler insurance policy needs to be generic. At Tata AIG, this philosophy is the reason behind our easy-to-personalise coverage that can be customised to fulfil specific requirements, so that your finances do not suffer in case of any mishaps along the journey. Having served India’s car insurance purchase and renewal needs for over two decades, we strive to ensure your insurance plan actually comes in handy under sticky circumstances, which are common on congested city roads. Of course, customizable coverage is only one of the many reasons why Tata AIG is such a trusted name in the country. Here are five distinct aspects of purchasing or renewing motor insurance from us:
1. Licensed and Fully Trained Agents
We have more than 650 agents and representatives all over the country dedicated to guiding your search for the perfect coverage. These licensed professionals take the time to understand what you need, make good decisions about your insurance, and of course, walk you through filing a claim.
2. Among India’s Highest Claim Settlement Ratios
The claim settlement ratio of 98% as of 2020-2021 goes to show that Tata AIG strives to create a seamless experience for customers. You will not have to run from pillar to post in case something goes wrong on your journey — that’s our promise.
3. Large Network of Cashless Garages
Our expansive network of more than 5400 garages across the country serves to keep your vehicle in peak condition after accidents or collisions. These tie-ups allow you to get repairs done without having to pay for any of the expenses upfront.
4. Variety of Add-Ons to Increase Coverage
In addition to basic and comprehensive coverage, we offer an assortment of add-ons for enhanced protection. These include no claim bonus protection, roadside assistance, auto glass repair, engine security, emergency transport and hotel expenses, daily allowance, key replacement, consumables expenses, zero depreciation cover, and a few more.
5. Simple to Compare and Buy Plans
Tata AIG’s online premium calculator makes it effortless to compare car insurance policies to find the right plan based on your budget, vehicle, and other specific requirements. Our fast, paperless approach saves precious hours and allows you to spend more time on picking a suitable plan than filling out forms.
Overview — Maruti Suzuki A-Star
Hands down one of the most beloved automobile manufacturers in India, Mauti Suzuki tends to live up to its reputation with every new offering. Their cars are not only affordable, but they return the best mileage, have spare parts available very easily, are a breeze to maintain, and have a high-than-average resale value. Safety and reliability are also synonymous with the Indo-Japanese brand, which is why the A-Star’s quick percolation on Indian roads is less than surprising.
Practical, stylish, and a through-and-through joyride for the city — that's how most people who have test driven the Maruti Suzuki A-Star describe their experience with this bite-sized hatchback. Winning hearts all over India, thanks to its compact design that barely demands space, a superb fuel economy that offers a great bang for every bucks, and an advanced integrated infotainment system keeping you entertained along the way, it's little wonder the vehicle has featured in almost every top-ten survey between 2012 and 2014.
Here's a snapshot of the A-Star's primary specifications for clarity:
- ARAI mileage of 19.0kmpl and city mileage of 17.0kmpl
- Has 998cc engine displacement and 3 cylinders
- Generates max power of 66.1hp@3500rpm and max torque of 90Nm@3500rpm
- Made with manual and automatic transmissions
- Fuel tank capacity of 35 litres
- Comes with a BS4-compliant engine mated to 5-speed manual transmission
Maruti Suzuki A-Star Price and Variants
Here's a list of the A-Star's variants and their respective prices:
- A-Star LXi (Manual, Petrol) - ₹3.72 lakhs
- A-Star VXi Airbag (Manual, Petrol) - ₹4.02 lakhs
- A-Star VXi Aktiv (Manual, Petrol) - ₹4.2 lakhs
- A-Star ZXi (Manual, Petrol) - ₹4.26 lakhs
- A-Star AT VXi Aktiv (Automatic, Petrol) - ₹4.55 lakhs
- A-Star AT VXi (Automatic, Petrol) - ₹4.58 lakhs
Unique Selling Points: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Features
On the surface, Maruti Suzuki's A-Star might not seem too different from the flurry of hatchbacks found in the market today, but this deceptively roomy four-wheeler is more than meets the eye. As preppy and fun to drive through congested streets as open highways, there is no doubt the model is aimed at a younger age group whose needs are decent speed and space loaded into a singular, easy-to-handle drive. A fully-integrated sound system, sleek dashboard, sensible fuel economy, and the sheet variety of colours are more reasons why this hatchback has captured India's imagination as much as the original Alto.
Here are some other unique features of the A-Star well worth noting:
- What truly stands out about the car is the front, with bug-eyed headlamps and attractive curves that make it instantly recognisable on the road. The cool, sporty design of the exteriors as well as aesthetic interiors set it as the front-running choice for a young audience.
- This is the first Maruti Suzuki vehicle equipped with the K-Series Engine, carrying a one-litre petrol engine that packs 66hp @ 6200rpm and delivers a peak torque of 90Nm @ 3500rpm.
- It comes with a slightly narrow rear-end that is the secret to the car's compactness and ease of driving. However, the flip side to this might be a lack of proper legroom in the passenger seat.
- The wide-opening doors open to a surprisingly spacious cabin, a well-lit dashboard, and plush leather seating that all combine to make longer journeys feel short.
Rivals of Maruti Suzuki A-Star Rivals of Maruti Suzuki A-Star
There are so many hatchbacks in the market today competing for the top spot, but only a handful of them come close to rivalling the A-Star's overall comfort and convenience. Taking price range, dimensions, and performance, these are the models to watch out for:
- Datsun redi-GO
- Renault Kwid
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso
- Datsun GO
- Hyundai Santro
- Tata Tiago NRG
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Eeco
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
How to Claim Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance?
How to Claim Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance?
Tata AIG has streamlined the claim process to make it quick and paperless. Here’s what you need to do:
- File your claim with your insurance policy number, FIR details, and other personal details through the form available on the website.
- Tata AIG will evaluate the total damage and send the car to a garage for repairs.
- Once everything is verified, we will start the claim settlement process.
- Upon completion of repairs, the vehicle will be returned to the policyholder.
How to Renew Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance?
To renew your Maruti Suzuki A-Star Car Insurance in a few simple steps:
- Log on to the Tata AIG website.
- Select the Car Insurance or the Insurance Renewal page
- Provide all the relevant details in their respective fields
- Click on ‘Renew’ and fill out the form with your information
- Pay the premium amount and wait for confirmation
What is the price of a Maruti Suzuki A-Star?
The base variant of the Maruti Suzuki A-Star starts at ₹3.72 lakhs (average ex-showroom price), whereas the top variant, A-Star AT VXi (Automatic, Petrol) is available from ₹4.58 lakhs onwards. There are over 5 variants and colours to choose from.
What are the colour options for Maruti A-Star?
The Maruti Suzuki A-Star comes in 7 vibrant colours: Arctic White, Silky Silver, Caffeine Brown, Glistening Grey, Bright Red, Paradise Blue, and Midnight Black.
Is the Maruti Suzuki A-Star a good car?
Designed as a five-seater family car, the Maruti Suzuki A-Star is more suited for 2-3 people as they are all but guaranteed a seamless ride around the city. Fulfilling all the requisites of a semi-hatchback with plenty of cabin space, a fuel-efficient engine, and effortless handling, this car also has stylish aesthetics going for it, which renders it ideal for those looking for comfort and convenience in a cute and compact package.
How much is insurance for Maruti Suzuki A-Star?
While it takes various factors to decide the final rate of a motor insurance policy, the most important one employed by insurers is the Insured Declared Value of a vehicle. It’s easy to figure out the IDV of your Maruti Suzuki A-Star by contacting your nearest local dealership or using Tata AIG’s free and fast online four-wheeler insurance premium calculator.