Maruti Ignis Insurance
Maruti Ignis Insurance
With an SUV-like stance, Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a compact hatchback that impresses onlookers with its imposing front and wider rear. The safety technology, peppy performance and spacious interiors make Maruti Ignis worth its price. Formerly available in diesel engine, Maruti Ignis is now available in petrol manual and AMT gearbox, and it is one of the most affordable Maruti cars offered by the premium Nexa network. There’s no doubt that you would like to protect an affordable and convenient car like Ignis with suitable car insurance.
With three types of car insurance policies available in India, you can pick an insurance policy that is best suitable for your car. While a third-party liability cover is mandatory, the policy fails to compensate for your car damages or injuries. So, you must consider buying a policy that ensures your and your car’s protection too. You can buy a standalone own damage policy that allows you to avail of compensation for your own damages also. But the policy may not suffice considering several threats like increasing accidents, crimes and natural calamities. Thus, for your car’s overall protection, a comprehensive insurance policy is the optimum choice.
Find out how to renew or buy suitable insurance for your Maruti Ignis with Tata AIG.
Maruti Ignis Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
You can buy a car insurance policy with Tata AIG through offline and online modes. To buy the policy offline, you can visit the nearest office. But for a hassle-free purchase, you can follow the simple steps and get your Maruti Suzuki car insurance online instantly.
- Visit the Car Insurance page on the Tata AIG website.
- Enter your Maruti Ignis registration number.
- Click “Get Price” for a new issue or “Renew” for a Maruti Suzuki car insurance renewal.
- Fill out the form given to get your car insurance quote.
- Select the correct Insured Declared Value (IDV) from the list given.
- Intimate Tata AIG about any past claims to benefit from a No Claim Bonus.
- After providing the required information, the premium for your Maruti Ignis insurance will be displayed.
- If you want to buy extra riders for your car, pick from the add-on options and proceed with the payment.
- After due payment, Tata AIG will send a soft copy of your car insurance via email.
Maruti Ignis Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The insurance cost of your car depends on its Insured Declared Value (IDV). IDV is the amount paid by the insurance company if the insured car is stolen or damaged beyond repair. While calculating your Maruti Ignis’s IDV, Tata AIG factors in its make and model, registration city, type of use and fuel, cubic capacity, etc. You can also know your car’s IDV with the help of an online four-wheeler premium calculator or by visiting a local dealer.
Note: The premium rates for third-party insurance depend on the IRDAI guidelines. Thus, the third-party insurance price is standardised based on your car’s engine cubic capacity.
Add-ons for Maruti Ignis Insurance by Tata AIG
Many times, comprehensive insurance is not enough to protect your car. Considering the advanced accessories, expensive keys which are difficult to repair or replace, rising thefts, etc., you should enhance your car insurance coverage with the help of add-on covers. Tata AIG offers 12 unique add-on covers that ensure your dream car’s complete protection. The riders are as follows:
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts
- Daily Allowance Cover
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expense Cover
- Key Replacement
- Engine Secure
- Tyre Secure
- Consumables Expense
- Loss of Personal Belongings
- Return to Invoice Cover
However, you must note that add-on covers come with additional costs and raise the Maruti Ignis insurance price. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your car needs and buy suitable ones.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Maruti Ignis Insurance
Tata AIG ensures that its customers make informed decisions. So, before buying comprehensive four-wheeler insurance, you must know the several inclusions and exclusions under it. Here is a table that will help you understand what is covered and what is not under your comprehensive Maruti car insurance:
|Things covered under Maruti Ignis Insurance||Things not covered under Maruti Ignis Insurance|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused by driving without a valid driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism, or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of private cars|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to activities such as speed testing, racing, durability testing, and stunting|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Maruti Ignis Insurance?
Tata AIG has been preserving millions of dream cars for more than 20 years, ensuring their maximum protection. Dedicated to satisfying its customers with its quality service, Tata AIG is a trusted brand for the following reasons:
- Tata AIG is proud to have 5 crore satisfied customers.
- The company offers tailored insurance policies according to the needs of the customers. The 12 unique riders help enhance your car’s protection.
- Tata AIG is a performance-driven brand that ensures a hassle-free claim settlement process for its customers. With its dedication to its service, Tata AIG is proud to have a 98% claim settlement ratio for FY 2020-21.
- With its extensive network of more than 8700 cashless garages, Tata AIG offers seamless and quick claim settlement service.
Overview – Maruti Ignis Car Model
With a price starting from ₹5.17 Lakh, Maruti Ignis comes in a manual and automatic transmission in petrol version only. The Maruti Suzuki hatchback comes in four models, namely Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The technical features of the Maruti Ignis Car model include:
- 1197 cc engine
- Maximum power 81.80bhp at 6000rpm
- Maximum torque 11Nm at 4200rpm
- 260 litres of boot space
- 20.89 kmpl of mileage
- BS-VI emission standard complaint
- Multi-information TFT screen
- Infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Auto Gear Shift technology
Maruti Ignis Price and Variants
The price of Maruti Ignis starts from ₹5.17 Lakh and goes up to ₹7.70 Lakh. Formerly, Ignis was available in diesel fuel, but now the brand offers only petrol variants. Maruti Ignis has 11 variants that are as follows:
|Ignis Sigma 1.2 MT||₹5.17 Lakh|
|Ignis Delta 1.2 MT||₹5.91 Lakh|
|Ignis Zeta 1.2 MT||₹6.31 Lakh|
|Ignis Delta 1.2 MT||₹6.41 Lakh|
|Ignis Zeta 1.2 MT Dual Tone||₹6.44 Lakh|
|Ignis Zeta 1.2 AMT||₹6.81 Lakh|
|Ignis Zeta 1.2 AMT Dual Tone||₹6.95 Lakh|
|Ignis Alpha 1.2 MT||₹7.06 Lakh|
|Ignis Alpha 1.2 MT Dual Tone||₹7. 20 Lakh|
|Ignis Alpha 1.2 AMT||₹7.56 Lakh|
|Ignis Alpha 1.2 AMT Dual Tone||₹7.70 Lakh|
Unique Selling Points: Maruti Ignis Car Features
With its sporty look and imposing chrome grille that leaves a lasting impression, Maruti Ignis has some unique selling points that are as follows:
- Ignis has compact yet spacious interiors with a decent cabin space which allows you to drive through the city with ease.
- The chrome grille and broad shoulders combined with Suzuki’s Progressive Triad Design give the car a dynamic look.
- Maruti Suzuki offers a wide service network making it easy to handle several car issues.
- The maintenance cost of Maruti Ignis is quite affordable.
- Like other cars from the Maruti Suzuki brand, Ignis also has a good resale value.
- You can enhance the car features by choosing from the collection of accessories that include roof wraps, front grille decals, body side mouldings, fog lamp garnish, ORVM covers, etc.
Rivals of Maruti Ignis Car
- Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT
- Tata Punch
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
1. How to raise the Maruti Ignis car insurance claim?
1. How to raise the Maruti Ignis car insurance claim?
To claim your Maruti Ignis car insurance, follow the simple steps:
- Call on 1800- 266-7780 or visit the “Claims Support” page on the Tata AIG website.
- Now fill in the required information.
- You will receive a link on your registered mobile number for self-inspection.
- Fill in the correct details about the car damages in the self-inspection form.
- A surveyor will also visit to inspect the car.
- Make a cashless claim at the network garages or ask for reimbursement for the damages.
- Submit the following documents to file a claim: Claim form, FIR if present, address and identity proofs, and insurance policy documents.
- You can also track the claim settlement process online.
- Once the company examines your claim, it will be approved and settled.
2. What is the process of Maruti Suzuki car insurance renewal?
To renew your car insurance, follow the steps:
- Visit the Car insurance page on the Tata AIG website.
- Enter your car’s registration number and click the “Renew” option.
- Fill out the form with the correct details.
- To get the premium amount, select the correct IDV of your car.
- Notify the insurance company about the previous claims to avail of the No Claim Bonus.
- You can choose from the add-on options if you wish to enhance your policy coverage.
- Choose any digital payment option to make the payment, after which you will receive a soft copy via email.
3. What is Maruti Ignis’s insurance cost?
The cost of Maruti car insurance depends on the car’s IDV. IDV is the car’s value which is paid by the insurance company in case of theft or total damage