Maruti Suzuki SX4 Insurance
Maruti Suzuki SX 4 Insurance
The Maruti Suzuki SX4 was launched in 2006 and was an instant hit among critics and users. In no time, it became one of the country’s favourite sedans. It is even available in hatchback variants. The SX4 is a classic 5-seater sedan that gives consistent performance. It has a very minimalistic and contemporary design and is a perfect car for daily use. However, Maruti stopped the production of the SX4 in 2014, which is why you can only get second-hand versions of it.
However, in India, it is mandatory to get car insurance, at least third-party car insurance, even for second-hand cars. Under the prevailing motor vehicle rules, all car owner-drivers must have a valid third-party car insurance policy at the least, without which they will attract penalties or punishment.
A car insurance policy is necessary not only from a legal perspective but from a safety one. Driving a vehicle on the road, whether two-wheeler or four-wheeler, means exposing your vehicle, yourself, and third parties to the probability of danger and accidents. Accidents and injuries are unavoidable, which is why it is best to stay prepared to deal with the consequences of them and have enough to recover from damage with a car insurance policy for SX4 Car. Here is when a trusted insurer like Tata AIG can help.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Insurance Renewal/ Buy via Tata AIG
Say goodbye to long queues, unnecessary documentation, and inordinate delays with Tata AIG’s four-wheeler insurance online. If you have already bought your Maruti car insurance policy from Tata AIG, you know the process of buying and renewing car insurance with us is very simple. If you are a first-time buyer of car insurance, we are here to help you out. You can easily buy Maruti Suzuki car insurance online or carry out a Maruti Suzuki car insurance renewal with us in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is visit our website and:
- Go to the Motor Insurance page, and select Car Insurance. Enter your car registration number starting with the proper state code. For instance, MH for Maharashtra, DL for Delhi, and so on.
- Click on Get Price for a new Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance policy or on Renew for a Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance renewal.
- Once you click on either option, fill out the form and enter the details prompted on the screen. These will include your name, number, NCBs, previous claim history, and the Insured declared value (IDV) of your vehicle.
- The IDV is the market value of your car, and NCBs are no-claim bonuses/ discounts given on premiums for not making any car insurance claims in the previous years. If you haven’t filed any car insurance claims, you receive an NCB of up to 50% on the Maruti car insurance policy.
- After submitting the necessary details, you will get a quote for the Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance cost, aka the premiums payable.
- You can opt for a third-party, own-damage, or comprehensive car insurance policy. You can also select from 12 extra coverage options (add-ons/ riders) to enhance the insurance coverage to your Maruti SX4 insurance policy.
- Choose the car insurance policy and quote aligning with your needs and budget best and make the payment.
- Upon payment, you will receive a soft copy of your Maruti SX4 insurance policy on your email/ number.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The SX4 third-party insurance price is determined and capped by the IRDAI, and it is the same for every insurance provider. Generally, this third-party insurance price depends on the engine displacement. The higher the engine capacity, the more the premium gets.
But it is not the same with any comprehensive or standalone own damage cover. Your Maruti Suzuki car insurance price for renewal of an existing car insurance policy or a buying new car insurance policy will depend on various factors including,
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your SX4 - the IDV is the current market value of your car, payable under the Maruti car insurance policy during claim settlement.
- The age, make, and model of your car. The general rule is that the older your vehicle, the lower the premiums.
- The type of car insurance policy and scope of coverage chosen – comprehensive, own-damage, or third party. A third-party car insurance policy will cost less than comprehensive car insurance
- The engine or cubic capacity (cc) of your car - the general rule is the higher the cc, the higher the premiums. According to the IRDAI, insurers must abide by the pre-designated premium prices for different ccs when it comes to third-party insurance. The price increases for comprehensive car insurance
- Your age, driving record/ performance history, and geographical location of the car. For instance, car insurance prices can be higher in cities due to the traffic and presence of more cars compared to small towns and villages
- Any NCB benefits or premium discounts for buying the Maruti Suzuki car insurance online
- Addition of safety devices or expensive modifications to the car
To see the factors that influence your car insurance premiums and get an accurate estimate of the Maruti Suzuki car insurance for your Maruti Suzuki SX4, you can use the free bike insurance premium calculator on the Tata AIG website. You can compare car insurance quotes using our free car insurance premium calculator and see which one aligns with your needs and budget best.
Add-ons for Maruti SX4 insurance by Tata AIG
While you can always settle for a basic third-party car insurance policy, getting an extra cover is always a good idea. That is why you can consider add-ons/ riders that offer an extra layer of protection in the face of unpredictable and harmful scenarios to your car. Tata AIG offers its policyholders 12 unique add-on riders for a more inclusive Maruti Suzuki car insurance cover. The riders include a:
- Zero Depreciation (depreciation reimbursement) cover: It reimburses you for depreciation of the car’s parts and gives you the original value of the car.
- No-Claim Bonus Protection cover: It allows you to make a specific number of car insurance claims in a year while retaining your previous NCB benefits.
- Roadside Assistance cover: This add-on provides 24x7 mechanic service assistance if your car breaks down in a remote location and you need to get back home or to the nearest destination.
- Return to Invoice cover: This cover reimburses you for the depreciation of the car and gives you the original purchase cost of the car.
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts cover: It funds the one-time repair of glass, fibre, and plastic parts in a garage if they get damaged.
- Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense cover: It pays for hotel accommodation and travel expenses if your car meets with an accident and you need to stay somewhere or get back home/ the nearest destination.
- Consumables Expense cover: It covers the cost of car parts/ consumables like the gearbox oil, engine oil, nut & bolt screws, and more, lost/ damaged due to an accident.
- Loss of Personal Belongings cover: It covers the cost of pre-specified lost/ damaged personal belongings like clothes, video/ audio tapes, and CDs.
- Engine Secure cover: It pays for the cost of repairing/ replacing the car engine due to damage except in the case of general and excessive wear and tear due to prolonged use.
- Daily Allowance cover: It gives you a daily allowance for commute/ travel while your car is at the garage for repair.
- Key Replacement cover: It covers the expenses of lost car keys in the eventuality of your keys or car theft.
- Tyre Secure cover: It covers the cost of repair/ 100% replacement of damaged tyres or tyre tubes due to an accident.
With all that said, add-on covers come with additional premiums and opting for such covers can raise the Maruti Suzuki SX4 insurance price. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your car needs and buy suitable ones.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Maruti Car Insurance
Tata AIG strives to imbibe the principles of honesty, integrity, and transparency at every step of the insurance process with our customers. We ensure our customers are aware of all the terms and conditions of our car insurance policy so that they can take a well-informed decision. We have a free look period of 15 days where customers can take their time and browse through the fine print with care. During that period, we also assist in clarifying any doubts that customers may have regarding the car insurance policy. Rest assured, your car lies in the best hands with us.
Here is the table of coverage that represents exactly what Tata AIG comprehensive car insurance covers and does not cover.
|What our car insurance covers
|What our car insurance does not cover
|Theft of your Maruti Suzuki SX4 or total loss owing to the damages beyond repair. In this scenario, you will receive the IDV of your car.
|Damage caused due to using the vehicle for racing, crash-testing, speed testing, and any other form of reliability trials
|Damage caused due to natural calamities like floods, cyclones, snowfall, lightning, earthquakes, etc.
|Damage caused to your car outside the geographical limits mentioned in the policy (India)
|Damage caused due to manmade disasters like riots, strikes, self-ignition, terrorist attacks, and other malicious intentional acts.
|Damage due to general maintenance servicing, wear and tear, mechanical and electrical breakdown, or any consequential loss.
|Damage incurred in transit through waterways, airways, railways, and roadways.
|Damage caused by nuclear perils, war, or warlike operations
|Up to ₹15 lakhs medical coverage in the event of injuries, disability, and death arising due to an accident
|Damages caused due to the driver’s negligence like driving without a licence or under the influence of alcohol/ drugs
|Damage caused to third parties, their vehicle and property
|Financial liabilities arising due to accidents caused to the insured private vehicle while being used for commercial purposes.
Please keep in mind that this table of inclusion and exclusion is only valid for comprehensive or own damage covers. A third-party car insurance policy will only pay for third-party liabilities. Just to add, you can only opt for a standalone own damage cover as a top-up to your existing third-party insurance.
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance?
Buying a car insurance policy is not a one-time purchase that you can forget about simply after. You have to ensure your car is getting the security and maintenance it deserves, for which you need an insurer you can trust. You need an insurer that understands the value your car holds and the effort and hard-earned money behind purchasing car insurance. Tata AIG, with its decades of goodwill and expertise, can be that insurer for you and guarantee you all-rounder protection. We, at Tata AIG, will take on the responsibility of your Maruti Suzuki SX4 by providing comprehensive and holistic car insurance within your budget. Here are a few guaranteed features of Tata AIG Maruti car insurance.
- We have a long-standing brand name in the industry
- We have a customer-first approach and honour the needs and interests of more than 5 crore valued customers.
- We have a time-saving and digital buying, renewal, and claim settlement process to make everything a breeze.
- We settle over 98% of our car insurance claims – a testament to our ethics and customer-centricity.
- We have a wide-ranging network of over 8,700 garages and 650+ specialised claim experts at your service 24x7.
- We give up to 50% discount as a no-claim bonus and up to 75% discount on car insurance premiums.
- We offer up to 12 unique and customisable add-ons to enhance the level of coverage of your Maruti Suzuki car insurance.
Overview – Maruti Suzuki SX4 Car Model
The Maruti Suzuki SX4 has very modest features. It has a very no-nonsense and minimalistic exterior appearance and practical interiors. The car is available in a single manual-type transmission and three engine types – CNG, petrol, and diesel. The updated versions come in automatic. The CNG variant has a 1586cc engine, the petrol variant has a 1586cc engine, and the diesel variant has a 1248cc engine. It can give a decent mileage of 16.51kmpl to 22.1kmpl. The car gives a max power of up to 103bhp and max torque of 200nm.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Price and Variants
The Maruti Suzuki SX4 is available in over 9+ variants depending on the colour, design, and fuel options of the car. The car is available in petrol, diesel, and CNG fuel transmission options. It is available in six monochromatic and minimalistic colours –
- Silky Silver
- Serene Blue
- Clear Beige
- Pearl Arctic White
- Glistening Grey
- Granite Gray
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 Lxi BS-IV Petrol
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 Zdi BS-IV Diesel
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 VXi Petrol
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 VXi CNG
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi Petrol
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 VDi Diesel
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi (Opt) Petrol
|Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDi Diesel
The starting price of the Maruti Suzuki SX4 is ₹5.25 lakhs, and the ending price is ₹11.71 lakhs. However, as Maruti Suzuki discontinued the production of the SX4, you can get it at second-hand dealerships for a much lower price than mentioned. The SX4 variants include —
Unique Selling Points: Maruti Suzuki SX4 Car Features
Given that the SX4 is such an old model, there are hardly any USPs left when you compare it to present-day cars. Many other cars from Maruti Suzuki itself have newer and upgraded features. However, at the time, the SX4 had several USPs, including —
- A decent boot space of 504L
- Adjustable headlights and rear fog lights
- Rear window defogger
- Power-adjustable rear-view mirrors
- Long-lasting make and consistent mileage
- Power door locks
- Engine immobiliser
- Side-front impact beams
Rivals of Maruti Suzuki SX4
Some of the most popular rivals of the Maruti Suzuki SX4 are:
- Honda City
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- Hyundai Verna
- Skoda Rapid
- Hyundai Aura
- Volkswagen Vento
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Is the Maruti Suzuki SX4 discontinued?
Is the Maruti Suzuki SX4 discontinued?
Yes, the Maruti Suzuki SX4 was discontinued in November 2014 because of a drop in its sales. The car’s launch was in 2006, and the SX4 had a beyond stable run of almost 8-10 years in the automobile market. Car features and models update every now and then due to the changing public demand and upgrades in the industry, so often, new cars take over older variants. However, this does not mean the old one loses its original value. In fact, it has become a classic, and you can get it at any second-hand dealership for a much lower value.
Can you transfer no-claim bonuses to second-hand cars?
If you get a car insurance policy and accumulate a no-claim bonus on a claim-free year, you can transfer it to your next car, irrespective of whether it is new or used. Your insurer will assist you in the transfer of NCBs.
Is it worth buying the Maruti Suzuki SX4 even after its discontinuation?
This is a very subjective question and depends on your budget and ideal car features. But yes, you can consider buying the Maruti Suzuki SX4 even if it is not on sale in showrooms and as long as it is in working condition. The upside here is that you will get it at a cheaper cost.