Maruti S-Presso Insurance
Maruti S-Presso Insurance
Maruti is noted for manufacturing its reliable and power-packed performance cars, and S-Presso is no different. This one from Maruti falls under the hatchback segment and is equipped with various high-end and safety features. However, no matter how durable your brand new S-Presso is, it is always a good idea to secure it with comprehensive car insurance.
Tata AIG's Maruti S-Presso car insurance protects you financially by paying for repairs and damage to your vehicle caused by an accident or man-made or natural disaster. The policy will also compensate you if your car is stolen or irreparably damaged. Furthermore, you can always add riders to your policy to expand its coverage.
Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
Have you planned a last-minute road trip, but your S-Presso lacks active car insurance? With Tata AIG, you can get Maruti Suzuki car insurance online in a matter of seconds. Here is what you need to do.
- Browse Tata AIG's official website and scroll to the car insurance page.
- If you are on the site for existing policy renewal, share S-Presso's registration number and click 'Renew'. If you are a new customer, click 'Get Price'.
- Next, fill out the application form with your basic information, and you will see a premium quote on your screen.
- Then, select the insured declared value (IDV) using the drop-down menu. Make sure the amount is correct because it directly impacts the premium amount.
- Also, if you filed claims in the previous year, include that information on your application. However, if you have not filed any claims in the past, you can use your accumulated NCB to reduce your premium.
- After completing the preceding steps, your screen will display the premium. You can also add riders to broaden your coverage.
- Lastly, pay the premium online using any of the multiple payment methods displayed on the screen. Once done, you will get a policy softcopy in your mail inbox.
In addition to the online process, Tata AIG provides the option of purchasing motor insurance through their branch. You can also acquire it from the company's registered agent.
Maruti S-Presso Insurance Cost – Your Premium Amount
The premium for your S-Presso car insurance depends upon various parameters. The crucial ones include the car's age, place of registration, and insured declared value (IDV). The importance of IDV comes into play when you file a claim for damage to your car caused by theft or a severe collision that renders it unrepairable. In such cases, the insurer is obligated to bear the loss up to the IDV amount. If your IDV is higher, so will your premium, and vice versa.
IDV can be termed as your car's current market value, and you can determine this using Tata AIG's car insurance calculator.
Add-ons for Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance by Tata AIG
In India, four-wheeler insurance is not only required by the Motor Vehicle Act but is also critical for safety. Given the poor road conditions and people's negligence of traffic safety rules, cases of road mishaps are very common. If you don't have insurance, repairs and replacement of the damaged car will take a toll on your wallet. As such, Tata AIG offers a variety of add-ons to provide comprehensive protection. These are –
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Daily Allowance Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Add-on for repair and replacement of fibre, plastic, and glass components
- Key Replacement Cover
- Rider for Loss of Personal Belongings
- Tyre Secure Cover
- Consumables Expense Cover
- Engine Secure Cover
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expense Cover
Note that add-on covers come with additional premiums and opting for such covers can raise the Maruti S-Presso insurance cost. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your car needs and buy suitable ones.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Maruti S-Presso Car Insurance
When acquiring Maruti S-Presso insurance, it is critical to read the policy document thoroughly to understand the scope of coverage. It will help you streamline your future claims and reduce the likelihood of rejection. The Tata AIG comprehensive policy coverage is detailed in the table below.
|What is covered?||What is not covered?|
|The policy covers damage to your S-Presso model caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, etc.||If you use your Maruti S-Presso for illegal or racing purposes, your car will not be covered by four-wheeler insurance.|
|The policy covers damage to your Maruti car caused by man-made disasters such as vandalism, terrorism, etc.||If your four-wheeler sustains damage outside of the geographical area covered by your policy, you will be responsible for the repair costs out of your pocket.|
|Tata AIG will reimburse your claim for damage caused by self-ignition or explosion.||If the person driving your Maruti S-Presso is found to be intoxicated during an accident, your claim will be rejected.|
|Your car insurance policy will cover any damage to your Maruti S-Presso while it is in transit.||If your S-Presso is damaged in a nuclear explosion or biological attack by an enemy nation, your claim request will be turned down.|
|If your Maruti car injures a pedestrian or another motorist in a road accident or causes property damage to a third party, Tata AIG will compensate you.||In case you or the person driving your car is discovered to be driving without a valid licence during an accident, your claim will be rejected.|
|Your Maruti Suzuki car insurance includes personal accident cover. It covers your medical expenses if you are injured in a car accident. In the event of death, the policy pays the lump sum to the deceased family||Claims related to electrical breakdown, regular wear and tear, and consequential losses are subject to a policy exclusion.|
Comprehensive and or standalone own damage will not cover any expenses after they lapse. So, always be a bit mindful about your Maruti Suzuki car insurance renewal.
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Maruti S-Presso Car Insurance?
Regardless of how powerful the cars Maruti brand manufactures, having Maruti car insurance is essential. When you compare car insurance policies from different motor insurers to Tata AIG, you will notice that the latter has a slight advantage over the others. Here is how:
- Tata AIG, with over 8700 network garages, ensures that you get hassle-free repairs without paying anything, no matter where you live in the country.
- Submitting a claim only to have it rejected renders your insurance policy useless. However, with Tata AIG, which has a claim settlement ratio of 98%, claim rejection is uncommon.
- Tata AIG provides twelve riders to ensure you have complete financial protection for your car.
- Tata AIG offers premium discounts of up to 50%. Simply practise safe driving and avoid unnecessary claims.
- Tata AIG is a well-known brand in the insurance industry, having served over five crore customers successfully to date.
Overview -Maruti S-Presso Car Model
The S-Presso personality is undeniably captivating, whether you call it a compact SUV or a hatchback. This model stands out from the crowd due to its bold exterior, feature-packed interior, and powerful performance. It has 14-inch alloy wheels and higher ground clearance to ensure a smooth ride on India's bumpy roads.
The instrument cluster with a 7-inch infotainment system with a touch feature is the most eye-catching feature in the car's interior. There is also a voice control feature right over the steering wheel.
Technical features of Maruti S-Presso:
- ARAI mileage of 21.7 kmpl
- Engine displacement of 998 cc
- Maximum torque of 89 Nm @ 3500 rpm
- Maximum power of 65.71 bhp @ 5500 rpm
- Boot space of 240 litres
Maruti S-Presso Price in India and its Variants
Maruti S-Presso is available in six variants, with both petrol and diesel engines. The model is available in six different shades – Solid Fire Red, Metallic Silky Silver, Metallic Graphite Grey, Solid Sizzle Orange, Solid White, and Pearl Starry Blue. The S-Presso's base variant costs ₹4.25 lakhs (ex-showroom).
|S-Presso STD||₹4.25 lakhs|
|S-Presso LXi||₹4.95 lakhs|
|S-Presso VXI||₹5.15 lakhs|
|S-Presso VXi Plus||₹5.49 lakhs|
|S-Presso VXi Opt AT||₹5.65 lakhs|
|S-Presso VXi Plus Opt AT||₹5.99 lakhs|
Unique Selling Points: Maruti S-Presso Car Features
If you are on a tight budget but don't want to sacrifice features and performance, look no further than the Maruti S-Presso. The aesthetic design, high-tech features, higher ground clearance, and ample boot and leg space ensure you enjoy a comfortable and smooth drive. If you want to learn more about its distinguishing features, check out the pointers.
- S-Presso in terms of comfort features reclining and front sliding seats, rear console utility space, remote keyless entry, and electrically adjustable ORVMs.
- This vehicle's high-tech features include USB/AUX connectivity, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, audio and voice control on the steering wheel, and a 17.78 cm SmartPlay Studio.
- Maruti has paid special attention to making this vehicle safe and secure. S-Presso features the HEARTECT platform, cabin air filter, EBD and ABS, speed-sensitive door lock, dual airbags, pedestrian protection, and so on.
Rivals of Maruti S-Presso
The Indian automobile market is flooded with hatchback models. And Maruti is unquestionably the market leader in this segment. The S-Presso has many competitors, but the most notable are listed here.
- Alto K10
- Renault Kwid
- Maruti Wagon R
- Tata Tiago
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Datsun Redi-Go
- Hyundai Santro
Frequently Asked Question
Q.1. How to claim Maruti S-Presso Car Insurance?
Making a claim for Maruti S-Presso car insurance with Tata AIG is simple. You only need to follow the four steps stated here.
- Fill out the claim form by providing the policy number for your Maruti car insurance. Following that, share FIR details and any other car-related information.
- After Tata AIG's executive receives your claim request, they will send an inspecting officer to determine the extent and the loss type (accident or natural disaster).
- After the surveyor has completed the inspection and prepared the report, you can have your damaged vehicle towed to the garage for repairs.
- Your claim will be handled based on the surveyor's report.
Following claim approval, the claim amount will be settled depending on the type of the claim (reimbursement/cashless).
Q.2. How to renew the Maruti S-Presso car insurance?
Renewal of your lapsed Maruti car insurance policy is simple with Tata AIG, just like instant claim approval. Here is how.
- Browse to the Tata AIG portal and navigate to the four-wheeler insurance section.
- Share your details
- Click on the 'Renew' button.
- Fill out the form with information like policy number, riders, any previous claims, NCB, etc.
- Make an online payment and get instant coverage.
Q.3. What is the cost of the Maruti S-Presso's base model?
Maruti S-Presso comes in diesel, petrol, and CNG variants. You will find six variants of this car on the market, with the S-Presso STD being the base model. The starting price of this Maruti model is Rs 4.25 lakhs, and it does not include charges like road tax, registration costs, etc.
Q.4. Is the Maruti S-Presso a good car?
Maruti S-Presso is a low-priced hatchback car known for its fuel efficiency and decent features. In case you are looking for a vehicle to help you with daily commuting, this model is an excellent choice.
Q.5. What factors impact the premium of my Maruti Suzuki car insurance?
When determining your premium for a Maruti model, your insurer will evaluate the following parameters.
- Make and model
- Maruti S-Presso's variant
- Vehicle's age
- Place of registration
- Sum-insured that you have chosen
- Voluntary deductible amount
- Fuel type
- Various add-ons chosen
- Mode of insurance
Q.6. How can I lower my Maruti S-Presso's car insurance premium?
You will find countless ways to reduce your Maruti Suzuki car insurance premium. The most effective ones are listed below.
- Increase the voluntary deductible. However, doing so may cause financial difficulties during the claim process because your out-of-pocket expenses for repairs and maintenance will be significantly increased.
- Begin accumulating NCB to save up to 50% on premiums by avoiding unnecessary claims.
- Install a high-quality anti-theft device to protect your vehicle from theft.
- If possible, refrain from aftermarket modifications. It raises the premium while degrading the performance of the vehicle.