RTO Offices in Lucknow
RTO Offices in Lucknow
Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, is multicultural land. Known for its courtly manners, lush gardens, poetry, music, delicious food, Nawab culture, rich history, and warm people, the city attracts hundreds of tourists every day. Owing to the large population and increasing tourist footprint, it becomes critical to manage transport and other related aspects.
RTO Offices in Lucknow Overview
RTO Lucknow is primarily responsible for managing transport and traffic in the city. RTO Lucknow was formed under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The RTO office is supervised and managed by the transport commissioner.
Official website of RTO Lucknow: uptransport.upsdc.gov.in/en-us/RTO-LUCKNOW
Lucknow RTO helpline number: 0522- 2436445
List of RTO Offices in Lucknow
Lucknow RTO is responsible for ensuring that there is a smooth flow of traffic and all transport-related aspects are properly managed in the city of Lucknow.
Tehri Kothi UP-32 Hind Nagar Colony, Transport Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh – 226012 1800-180-0151
Lucknow RTO office is open from 10 AM till 5 PM (Monday to Saturday).
Functions of RTO Lucknow
Lucknow RTO governs all transport matters in the city of Lucknow. The main functions of the RTO include:
- Issuing RTO Lucknow learning license (LL)
- Issuing driving license (DL)
- Renewing driving license
- Issuing duplicate driver’s license
- Issuing international driving license permit
- Changing address in driving license of the state
- Issuing conductor’s license
- Issuing duplicate conductor’s license
- Renewing conductor’s license
- Changing address in conductor’s license
- Approving vehicles carrying hazardous goods
- Registering motor vehicle temporarily
- Registering motor vehicles permanently
- Altering address in the registration certificate
- Issuing duplicate registration certificate
- Approving hire purchase agreement
- Ending hire purchase agreement
- Reviving vehicle registration
- Transferring ownership of a vehicle
- Issuing no objection certificate
- Assigning advance registration certificate
- Issuing fitness certificate for transport vehicle
- Granting online permits for carriages, auto-rickshaw, tourist motor cab, omnibus contract carriage, etc.
How to Register a Vehicle at RTO Lucknow?
To register your vehicle at Lucknow RTO, you can either visit their official website or go to the RTO office. In both cases, you will have to fill the applicable RTO form, submit the required documents and pay the registration fee to complete the vehicle registration process.
You can easily follow these steps to register your vehicle at Lucknow RTO:
- Duly fill the RTO Form 20 available at the Lucknow RTO official website
- Submit the required documents like Sale certificate Form 21, Form 22 –certificate of roadworthiness in Form 22, address proof, temporary registration certificate, etc.
After successful submission of documents, the vehicle inspector will assess the vehicle and accordingly, the RTO Lucknow will assign a unique registration number for your vehicle. The Registration Certificate (RC) Smart Card will be sent to the applicant’s registered address.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate at RTO Lucknow?
A registration certificate for a private vehicle is valid for 15 years, whereas the registration certificate for a commercial vehicle is valid for 3 years. After the expiry of this tenure, both types of vehicles need to renew their registration certificate from the RTO office because, as per the Motor Vehicles Act, driving without a registration certificate can attract a penalty.
You will need these documents to renew your vehicle registration in RTO Lucknow:
- Application Form 25 (available on the official Lucknow RTO website)
- Vehicle Pollution certificate
- Original vehicle registration certificate
- Valid insurance for the vehicle
- Vehicle fitness certificate
- Road tax payment receipt
- Applicable registration renewal fee
You can choose to visit your local RTO or visit the Lucknow RTO official website to apply for registration renewal. After all the documents are submitted, the RTO inspector will assess the vehicle and renew the registration certificate.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Lucknow
To register a vehicle in Lucknow, you can either visit the RTO Lucknow official website or the RTO office and submit these documents:
- RTO Form 20 available online on the RTO website
- Form 21 sale certificate by the dealer stating the vehicle purchase
- Form 22 roadworthiness certificate from the manufacturer of the vehicle
- Form 22-A if the vehicle has a fabricated body
- Original purchase invoice of the vehicle
- Temporary vehicle registration documents
- Vehicle insurance documents
- Address and ID proof
- Customs bills in case of an imported vehicle registration
- Road tax receipt if the vehicle is bought from a different state
Vehicle Insurance in Lucknow
The city of Nawabs is sure a great place to live and visit during holidays. But irrespective of whether you are living in Lucknow or touring the city, you should follow all traffic rules to avoid any penalties. Apart from holding a valid RC of your vehicle, you are also obligated to have a vehicle insurance policy. According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, all vehicles – commercial or private – cannot drive in India without valid insurance for the vehicle. Any vehicle found driving without vehicle insurance will be liable to pay a fine to the RTO.
You can buy insurance for your vehicle by researching online and choosing a reliable insurance company that has positive customer reviews and a good reputation in the market, along with easy and quick claim settlements. You can trust TATA AIG two wheeler insurance and TATA AIG four-wheeler insurance to provide you with a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy. TATA AIG offers competitive features at premiums that do not burden you. Moreover, with a super-fast claim settlement process and easy availability, TATA AIG ensures you get financial assistance anytime you need it.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I renew my driving Licence in Lucknow?
To renew your driving license, you can visit the local RTO office in Lucknow or go to the official RTO Lucknow website. You will need to download the applicable application form and submit the required documents such as original driving license, address proof, ID proof, etc., to renew your driving license.
How can I get a driving Licence in Lucknow?
You can apply for a driving license in Lucknow, either offline or online. In the offline method, you can visit the local RTO office, fill the application form, submit the documents, pay the fees, give the DL test, and get the DL if you pass the test. In the online mode, you need to visit the official website of RTO Lucknow, click on apply new driving license online, select your state, fill the form and submit the relevant documents and pay the fees. Upon submission, take a printout of the documents submitted and visit the nearest RTO office to book your DL test. Once you pass the DL test, you get a driving license.
How can I change my registered mobile number in vehicle registration?
Visit parivahan.gov.in/parivahan Click "Online Services" and find “Vehicle Related Services" Choose “The other States" if you belong to any other state except for Delhi and Sikkim. You will be redirected to - vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahanservice/vahan/ui/statevalidation/homepage.xhtml Click on "Online Services" followed by "Misc." Enter your vehicle registration and chassis number, and you can easily change your mobile number.
How do I find my car's RC number?
Visit the official website of VAHAN Click on 'Know Your Vehicle Details' Enter the required details to get your RC details.
Who can apply for a commercial vehicle DL?
A person who has held a DL for an LMV for at least a year can apply for a DL to drive a commercial vehicle. Is a medical certificate mandatory to apply for a LL in Lucknow? A medical certificate is not mandatory to apply for a LL to drive a non-transport vehicle, provided the person is below 50 years of age.