RTO Offices in Ghaziabad
RTO in Ghaziabad
To streamline the transport facility in the city, the RTO office in Ghaziabad was established under the jurisdiction of the Uttar Pradesh Transport Department. The department functions under the provisions of Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
RTO in Ghaziabad Overview
An RTO office is expected to look after the operational aspects of the vehicle industry, such as issuance of driving and riding licenses and vehicle registration, amongst various other functions.
Official website of the Ghaziabad RTO Office: uptransport.upsdc.gov.in/en-us/RTO-LUCKNOW/RTO-GHAZIABAD
List of RTO Offices in Ghaziabad
The state of Uttar Pradesh has 19 RTO offices peppered in different locations across the state. The RTO Ghaziabad is one amongst the 19. RTO Ghaziabad was established to uphold the mission of the Motor Vehicles Act to provide an organised and systematic transport facility across the city. Every state is entrusted with a code that is included in the number plate of all the vehicles in the state representing its jurisdiction. The RTO office also maintains the database of drivers and vehicles in Ghaziabad.
Here are the details of the RTO office in Ghaziabad:
RTO Ghaziabad UP – 14 B35, Block B, Industrial Area, Bulandshahr Road Industrial Area, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh 201001 0120 270 3888
The timings for the RTO Office in Ghaziabad are from 10 AM to 5 PM (Monday to Saturday).
RTO Ghaziabad Registration Charges
The registration charges depend on the vehicle type, the purpose for which it will be used, the seating capacity, and applicable taxes. The table below mentions the vehicle registration charges at RTO Ghaziabad:
Three-wheeler, quadricycle, or four-wheeler (private use) ₹600
Three-wheeler, quadricycle, or four-wheeler (commercial, transport, or public use) ₹1,000
Imported motorcycles ₹2,500
Heavy passenger vehicle ₹1,500
Heavy goods vehicle ₹1,500
Medium passenger motor vehicle ₹1,000
Medium goods vehicle ₹1,000
Imported motor vehicle ₹5,000
Other vehicles ₹3,000
Functions of RTO Ghaziabad
The primary objective of RTO Ghaziabad is to ensure a safe, effective, and economical transport system and enforce the regulations specified under the provision of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Some of its salient tasks include issuing and renewing driving licenses, providing the registration certificate, granting a certificate of fitness, and giving regular and temporary vehicle permits. Aside from this, the Ghaziabad RTO office inspects vehicles to determine whether they are fit for use, supervises traffic rules, amongst performing various other vehicular operational tasks.
Driver-related RTO services:
- Issuing a learner, permanent, duplicate, or international driving license
- Conducting driving tests
- Approving a change of address
- Including the purchase of new vehicles under the existing driver’s license
Vehicle-related RTO services:
- Issuing and renewing registration certificates (RC) to commercial as well as private vehicles
- Granting transfer of vehicle ownership certificate
- Issuing a duplicate RC
- Change of address in the RC
- Issuing a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for vehicles transferring to a different state
- Permits for goods carriage
- Issuing national permits
- Inspecting vehicles at check posts
- Issuing trade certificates and their duplicate
- Hypothecation, endorsement, and termination
- Issuing fitness certificates to vehicles
- Collection of road taxes and penalties
- Providing LPG or CNG conversion
How to Register a Vehicle at RTO Ghaziabad
The Transport Department of Uttar Pradesh entrusts its RTOs with providing an efficient transport facility, and registering every vehicle is a significant part of the process. Owners have the option to get a permanent or temporary vehicle registration. The latter is valid for not more than a month, following which a permanent registration is mandatory. A temporary RC is pre-registered by the dealer of your vehicle. Here is a step-by-step guide for permanent registration of your vehicle with RTO Ghaziabad:
Step 1: Download and duly fill the form number 20 available on the official RTO Ghaziabad website. You have the provision to choose the language of your preference.
Step 2: Submit the form along with the necessary documents to the RTO office of Ghaziabad
Step 3: Your vehicle will be assessed by the RTO Ghaziabad Superintendent
Step 4: Once the verification is completed, the RTO office provides you with a unique registration number for your vehicle.
After the aforementioned steps are completed, a Smart Card is delivered to the owner of the vehicle at their registered address.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate in Ghaziabad?
The validity of any vehicle’s registration is 15 years, following which vehicles have to be renewed every five years. The expiry of your RC invites heavy penalties if caught without one. Additionally, if you encounter an accident, your insurance provider will not cover you if you don’t carry the RC. To obtain the revised registration certificate, ready the following documents:
- A duly filled Form no. 25
- Original Registration Certificate (RC) or the RC book
- Professional tax certificate
- Certificate of valid insurance policy
- Any of the valid proof of address and
- A document with the signature proof of the owner such as Aadhar Card
After these documents are handed over, a concerned person from the RTO office will assess the vehicle. Once everything has been verified, the renewed RC will be provided to the vehicle owner.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Ghaziabad
For vehicle registration in Ghaziabad, the following documents along with the relevant application form need to be presented before RTO Ghaziabad:
- Form number 21 or a sales certificate issued by the dealer
- Form number 22 representing the worthiness of your vehicle on the roads
- Proof of identity and recent passport-sized photographs of the vehicle owner
- Proof of address
- Valid motor insurance policy of the vehicle. If you are pressed for time, you can purchase online insurance for the vehicle.
- If your vehicle is imported, your customs bill
- Receipt of the paid tax and
- On certain occasions, an age certificate of the vehicle is required
Motor Insurance in Ghaziabad
Having valid motor insurance is not only mandated by law but is essential as it protects drivers while on the roads. With India ranking highest in road accidents, motor insurance covers your financial liabilities arising out of unforeseen contingencies. Aside from undertaking the liabilities for your own car, comprehensive motor insurance compensates for third-party liabilities, including damages to their property, vehicle, and person.
Insurance for a vehicle by Tata AIG promises wholesome protection of yourself and your vehicle through comprehensive protective plans. With Tata AIG, you can get online insurance for your vehicle with minimal documentation and experience a hassle-free way of insurance purchase. Tata AIG comes with the promise of transparency and provides a comprehensive cover at pocket-friendly premiums. Even the claim settlement of your motor insurance is a simple process.
To get online insurance for your vehicle by Tata AIG, visit the website and:
- On the Motor Insurance page, fill the online form to get a quick quote
- Choose the nature and extent of coverage and select from a host of riders to strengthen your motor insurance
- Once you pay for the selected policy, a soft copy of the insurance is provided to you on your email
- Motor insurance with Tata AIG comes with a host of benefits such as quick and hassle-free claim settlements, cashless claims, policy customisation, all-inclusive coverage, and much more.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the process for RTO Ghaziabad online driving license?
The process for obtaining RTO Ghaziabad online driving license is an easy one:-
- Visit the official website of RTO Ghaziabad
- Select the option to secure a driving license
- Fill out the application form with the relevant details and submit it online
- Upload the relevant documents
- Once this is done, you will have to visit the RTO office with the documents and take a driving test. After you pass the test, a license is delivered to you at your registered address.
What is the eligibility of issuing a driving license in Ghaziabad?
The eligibility criteria for a driving license is as follows:-
- For un-geared bikes with maximum 50 cc: 16-18 years with the written consent of parents/guardian
- For non-transport vehicles: 18 years and above
- For transport vehicles: 20 years and above
How to transfer the ownership of your vehicle in Ghaziabad?
To transfer the ownership of your vehicle, visit the RTO office of Ghaziabad and inform them about the sale of your vehicle. You will have to pay a transfer fee and submit the following documents to the new owner:
- RTO form numbers: 28, 29, and 30
- Valid motor insurance policy
- PUC certificate
- National Crime Records Bureau Certificate
What is the validity of temporary registration?
The temporary registration certificate lasts for a maximum of a month, following which you have to get a permanent registration done for your vehicle.
Are an RC book and RC card the same or different?
Previously, vehicle registration certificates were called RC books. Now, as they come in the form of a smart card, they are referred to as RC or RC cards.