RTO Offices In Bangalore
RTO Offices In Bangalore
The capital city of Karnataka, Bangalore, is one of the fastest-growing cities in India. Owing to the strong growth of IT in the country, Bangalore has become the cyber capital of India over the years. All of these factors and more make Bangalore one of the most livable cities in the world.
RTO In Bangalore Overview
This naturally means that there is a significantly high number of cars too. As per statistics, Bangalore has the second-highest number of vehicles in the city rankings. RTO Bangalore is responsible for taking care of all transport-related matters, including road safety, vehicle registration, issuing licenses, and more.
Official website of RTO Bangalore: transport.karnataka.gov.in/english
List of RTO Offices in Bangalore
The RTO Bangalore was established as per the provisions of Section 213 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. RTO offices in Bangalore take care of all transport-related operations as well as maintain the database of drivers and vehicles in Bangalore.
Here is a complete list of all Bangalore RTO office list:
Koramangala RTO KA-01 3rd Block, Bda Shopping Complex, Koramangala, Bangalore -560034 080 - 25533525
Rajajinagar RTO KA-02 Corporation, Shopping Complex, Rajajinagar, Bangalore - 560010 080 - 23324388
Indiranagar RTO KA-03 2ND Floor, BDA Complex, Indiranagar, Bangalore - 560038 080 - 25253726
Yeshwanthpur RTO KA-04 No.3, Corporation Complex, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore - 560022 080 - 23376039
Jayanagar RTO KA-05 Jayanagar Shopping Complex, 4TH Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560011 080 - 26630989
Rajarajeswari Nagar RTO KA-41 No.27/A, 26/2,27/2, Kenchenahalligrama, Jnanabharati, RVCE Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore - 560056 080 - 28602500
Devanahalli ARTO KA-43 Vijayapura Road, Devenahalli - 562110 080 - 27681999
Yelhanka RTO KA-50 2019A,1st Floor, 3rd Cross, Karnataka Housing Board Complex, Sector - B, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore - 560064 080 - 28561366
Electronic City RTO KA-51 83/63, New Central Jail Rd, Opp: New Mico LTD, Chennakeshavanagar, Bangalore - 560100 080 - 25735533
Nelamangala RTO KA-52 1906, 9th Cross, Subhas Road, Nelamangala, Bangalore - 562123 080 - 27726886
KR Puram RTO KA-53 345/4, Bhattarahall, Old Madras Road, K.R.Puram, Bangalore - 560016 080 - 25617959
Shanthinagar RTO KA-57 Regional Transport office, STU and Autorickshaws, Shanthinagar, Bangalore - 560027
All the RTO offices in Bangalore are open from 10 AM till 5 PM.
Bangalore RTO Registration Charges
Below are the registration charges for different vehicles:
Three-wheeler or light motor vehicle (LMV) (Private) 600
Three-wheeler or LMV (Commercial) 1,000
Medium Goods Vehicle (GDV) 1,000
Medium passenger motor vehicle 1,000
Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) 1,500
Heavy passengers’ vehicle 1,500
Imported two-wheeler registration 2,500
Imported motor vehicle registration 5,000
Duplicate registration certificate 50% of the applicable fees mentioned above
Transfer of ownership Address change
Recording alterations in RC
Endorsing lease/hire/hypothecation agreement Two-wheeler- 500 LMV or three-wheeler – 1,500 Medium or heavy vehicle – 3,000
Functions of Bangalore RTO
Bangalore RTO ensure proper enforcement and adherence to the rules and regulations as laid down by the Motor Vehicles Act. The main functions of the Bangalore RTO include issuing or renewing driving licenses, issuing registration certificate, certificate of fitness as well as issuing regular and temporary permits for vehicles. RTO Bangalore also performs vehicle inspections as well as regulates the transport system, manages traffic, and performs other transport-related activities.
Main functions of Bangalore RTO include:
Issue motor vehicle registration certificate: RTO Bangalore is responsible for:
- Issuing temporary and permanent registration certificate
- Transferring the ownership of the vehicle
- Renewing non-transport vehicle registration
- Issuing a duplicate registration certificate
- Cancelling of registration certificate
Grant driving and conductor’s license: Bangalore RTO issues learner’s license, driving license, duplicate license, as well as renews driving license and offers international permits.
Collect motor vehicle tax
Maintain road safety
Enforce traffic rules and regulations
Implement all rules of the Motor Vehicles Act
Provide pollution control and vehicle fitness certificate
Issue no objection certificate (NOC)
How to Register a Vehicle at Bangalore RTO
To register your vehicle at Bangalore RTO, visit the ‘Transport Department’ of Karnataka’s website to fill the registration application form. Submit the completed form and get the Vahan Over Web Identity (VOWID) number. Post this, follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the RTO Form 20 from the official website of the Bangalore RTO.
Step 2: Fill the form and submit it to the nearest RTO along with the VOWID number and acknowledgement slip.
Step 3: Submit necessary documents like certificate of roadworthiness in Form 22, Sale certificate Form 21, Form 22 – Central Motor Vehicle Rules, address proof, temporary registration certificate, etc.
Step 4: The vehicle is transferred to the RTO office for inspection.
Step 5: Once done, the RTO office will release a unique registration number for your vehicle. If your vehicle is imported, you should also submit a custom clearance certificate with a bond and license.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate in Bangalore
To renew a registration certificate in Bangalore, follow these steps:
- Apply for the renewal registration in Form 25 of the RTO in your jurisdiction.
- Pay your due taxes, if any
- Pay the fee as specified in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989
Apart from these, you will also need:
- Pollution certificate
- RC Book
- Fitness certificate
- Certificate of registration
- Proof of payment of road tax
- Vehicle insurance certificate
- Copy of PAN card, Form 60 and Form 61.
- Pencil print of Form 60 and 62
When the documents are submitted, the RTO inspector assesses the vehicle, and the RTO office renews the registration certificate.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Bangalore
To register a vehicle in Bangalore, you need to submit these documents:
- Duly filled RTO Form 20
- Pollution control certificate
- RTO Form 21 - sale certificate as obtained from the dealer
- RTO Form 22 - for roadworthiness from the manufacturer
- ID proof and recent passport size photographs
- Vehicle insurance documents
- Address proof
- Customs bills in case imported vehicle
- RTO Form 22(Part 2), if the vehicle is not body build
- LIC policy/High School Certificate/Electricity Bill/Tax payment receipt, etc.
Motor Insurance in Bangalore
Now that you are aware of all Bangalore RTO rules, you can easily get your new vehicle registered in Bangalore, transfer ownership, renew licenses, and do much more. However, while you are adhering to the registration need for your vehicle, do not forget about the vehicle insurance.
Your vehicle insurance offers you financial backup in times of dire need. Moreover, it is mandatory to have insurance for all vehicles driving in India.
Here are simple steps you can follow to buy or renew your vehicle insurance online in Bangalore:
- Research online and opt for the best insurance coverage for your vehicle. With the internet and growing digitalization, getting information online has never been easier. If you are searching for affordable yet comprehensive vehicle insurance plans, trust TATA AIG insurance to get the policy of your needs.
- For buying Tata AIG Motor Insurance, visit the Motor Insurance Page.
- Enter the Registration Number and click on ‘Renew’ for existing policy renewal or ‘Get Price’ for a new insurance policy.
- Enter the necessary information. Select the nature and extent of your coverage.
- Choose from a list of attractive add-ons – 12 car insurance add-ons and 7 bike insurance add-ons.
- Make the premium payment online.
- Get the soft copy of your vehicle insurance policy in your email.
When you buy a vehicle insurance plan with TATA AIG, you get competitive features at highly pocket-friendly premiums. You also get a reliable brand, quick claim settlement, cashless claims at 7500+ network garages, and so much more!
Frequently Asked Questions
What documents do I need to update my new address in the RC?
- Registration certificate
- Pollution control certificate
- Attested copy of affidavit before the magistrate or notary public as proof of address
Can I get a duplicate RC online?
Yes, you can get a duplicate RC of the vehicle by applying online at your local state/city RTO office.
When do I need a NOC?
You need a NOC when you want to:
- Re-register another state’s vehicle in Karnataka
- Update the transfer of ownership
How can I track my RC smart card in Bangalore?
Log in to VAHAN 4.0 and enter the application number. Your RC smart card will be delivered to your registered address within two months from the day of purchase for the card.
How can I renew my driving licence online in Karnataka?
Fill the RTO Form 25 and submit documents, including the original registration certificate, address proof, passport size photograph, etc., to renew your vehicle registration in Bangalore.
How can I check my RC status in Karnataka?
- Visit: http://parivahan.gov.in, click on – ‘Online Services
- Under Vahan Tab, click on ‘Know your RC Status’
- Enter the vehicle registration number, and you will see your registration status.