RTO Offices in Thane
RTO Offices in Thane
Thane is a metropolitan city in the state of Maharashtra. It is an immediate neighbour of Mumbai city and comes under the Mumbai metropolitan region. Thane RTO comes under the Maharashtra State Department’s jurisdiction.
Regional Transport Functions Number, Offices, Address & Timing
Because of industrial development, there is high pressure on the transport services. Motor Vehicle Departments like RTO offices are built to handle the tasks of enforcing the rules and laws under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
Official website of RTO thane: transport.maharashtra.gov.in
List of RTO Offices in Thane
The RTO offices in Thane come under the Maharashtra State Vehicles Department. They are headed by the Commissioner of Transport, Thane. The primary function of the Thane RTO is the implementation of different laws.
MH-04 RTO Office in Thane MH – 04 Opposite Central Jail, Thane, Maharashtra - 400601 91-22-25343580, +91-22-25363838, +91-22-25442555
MH-04 Deputy RTO Office in Thane MH – 04 Eastern Express Highway, Near LIC Building, Murphy Company, Thane(West), Maharashtra - 400604 91-22-25823400
RTO Thane Registration Charges
Invalid carriage 50
Imported two-wheeler 5,000
Light motor vehicle (LMV) 600
Medium goods and passenger vehicle 1,000
Heavy good vehicle passenger 1,500
Imported motor vehicle 5,000
Any other vehicle apart from the above 3,000
Light commercial vehicle 1,000
Functions of RTO Thane
Thane is one of the most inhabited cities in the country, and there is a requirement for speedy services offered by the RTO to enforce specific laws to maintain a smooth transit of vehicles. Some of the functions that the RTO offices in Thane enforce are:
- Conducting driver’s test
- Issuing a learner’s license
- Renewing driver’s license
- Issuing international driving license
- Issuing duplicate driving license
- Renewal of international drivers license
- Registration of a new vehicle
- Transferring ownership
- Renewing RC (Registration Certificate)
- Tourist permits for vehicles
- Renewal or issuing license for radio cabs
- Permit for goods carriage
- Collecting road taxes
- Issuing NOC
How to Register a Vehicle at RTO Thane
You can register your vehicle online at the official website of the Government of Maharashtra, Transport Department’s website or visit the closest RTO for registration. In either case, you will need to submit relevant documents along with the application form and pay your vehicle registration fee.
For permanent registration, you must register the vehicle within seven days of purchase, apart from the days of temporary registration.
If you wish to register a vehicle at Thane RTO, you must follow the steps listed below:
Step 1: Visit the RTO office nearest to you and fill out Application Form 20 in either English or Marathi. You can also find and fill the form through the official website.
Step 2: Provide all the necessary documents, such as Form 21, Form 22, Temporary Registration, etc., along with Form 20.
Step 3: Pay the applicable registration fee so the officials can start processing the application.
Step 4: After all documents are submitted and payments are made, the vehicle will be inspected by an official at RTO Thane.
Once approved, you will be sent the RC Card bearing the registration number of your vehicle and other details. Keep the active RC Card with you at all times while driving the vehicle.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate at RTO Thane
It is mandatory to carry a valid RC to drive in Thane without any penalty. Hence, you will need to renew your RC if it expires. For private vehicles, the RC is valid for 15 years, and for commercial vehicles, the RC is valid for 3 years.
To renew a registration certificate at Thane RTO, you will need to provide these documents:
- Obtain Form 25 and fill in the necessary information asked in the application form.
- Submit the filled-in application form with the original RC book and required documents to the Registering Authority (RA) with the respective jurisdiction.
You will need the documents listed below for renewing the RC:
- Form no. 25/application form for renewing the RC.
- Original RC (registration certificate).
- Valid insurance policy of vehicle.
- Renewal fee.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle at RTO Thane
The documents you will need for registering your vehicle in Thane are listed below:
- Form 20 for registering the vehicle.
- Form 21 obtained from the dealer notifying about the purchase.
- Form 22 is a roadworthiness certificate of the vehicle obtained from the manufacturer, which will state the vehicle meets all requirements for being driven on Indian roads.
- Form 34 is needed for loan hypothecation.
- Invoice from the dealer.
- Insurance copy of the vehicle.
- Identity and address proof of owner.
- STA approval of the design if it is a trailer or semi-trailer vehicle.
- Manufacturer’s certificate for registering a commercial vehicle.
- Temporary RC number if the vehicle is registered temporarily.
- Sales tax clearance certificate if the vehicle was bought from another state.
- Road tax payment proof.
- Applicable vehicle registration fee.
- Passport-sized photos.
Motor insurance in Thane
Getting motor insurance for your vehicle in Maharashtra is one of the most optimum ways of ensuring financial security for any unforeseen events. The insurance policy will protect you from any legal liabilities arising from third-party damage, accidental damage, natural or man-made calamities, etc. With automobile insurance policies, you can mitigate the financial burden.
You can choose from two types of insurance policies available:
- Third-party insurance
- Comprehensive insurance
Tata AIG vehicle insurance offers comprehensive insurance policies for both two-wheelers and four-wheelers. Get protection against the financial liabilities arising from third-party claims, damages to the bike, theft of the bike, along with personal accident cover for the owner-driver. You can further enhance the coverage with a choice of add-ons, such as NCB protector, Zero Depreciation, roadside assistance, etc. You can purchase the most suitable plan for you by visiting the Tata AIG official website. Use the free Tata AIG bike insurance calculator and car insurance calculator to determine your premium cost.
To purchase the plan online, you must follow the steps listed below:
- On our website, visit the ‘Motor Insurance’ page.
- Input the Registration Number of your vehicle and proceed.
- Choose the type of policy and coverage needed, including the necessary add-ons.
- Fill out the information required and make the payment.
- After making the payment, we will verify the information provided. On successful verification, you will get a soft copy of your policy on your registered email ID.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I renew my driving license online in Maharashtra?
To renew your driving license online in Maharashtra, first visit the official RTO website: parivahan.gov.in/parivahan
Move to Online Services and click on ‘Driving License-related Services’. After this, select ‘Apply Online’ and click on ‘Services on Driving License’.
Follow the listed instructions for application submission and click Continue. When you follow these steps, you’ll have the option for ‘Renewal’, where you must enter the required information. After following this process, you will get your renewed license.
How can I check the owner of a vehicle?
To check the owner of a vehicle, you must go to the official website of RTO at: https://parivahan.gov.in/
You must enter the registration number of the vehicle for the vehicle and check the ownership details.
What city is MH-04 in?
The MH -04 code is for the vehicles registered by the RTO offices in Thane. Any vehicle with the registration number beginning with MH – 04 is registered in Thane, Maharashtra.
How can I track my RC book?
Open the Parivahan portal and click on the ‘Menu’ option and opt for ‘Online Services’. Under the Vahan tab, you must click on the ‘Know your RC status’ and provide your vehicle registration number in the box. After you follow these steps, your registration status is shown.