The Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Hyderabad is the common stop for all things automotive related. You can visit the office to create or renew your motor insurance.
RTO Hyderabad Overview
The office caters to individuals looking to carry out inspections or attain eligibility to drive by procuring a driver’s license.
Official website of RTO Hyderabad: transport.telangana.gov.in
List of RTO offices in Hyderabad
The city of Hyderabad is home to several RTO offices that you can visit. The offices reside in various corners of the region on the basis of “Zones”. The RTO offices are:
RTO Office Hyderabad-JTC TS-09 JTC, Hyderabad, D.No.6-3-646, Opp. Eenadu Office, Khairtabad, Somajiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500 082 Phone Number: 91-40-23311269
RTO Office Hyderabad-North Zone TS-10 Main Road, Trimalghery, Secunderabad, Telangana - 500 015 Phone Number: 91-40-23311269
RTO Office Hyderabad - East Zone TS-11 D.No.16-11-16/U/52, Street - West Prakashnagar, RTA East Zone Moosarambagh, Malakpet, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500 036 Phone Number: 91-40-23311269
RTO Office Hyderabad- South Zone TS-12 D.No.19-5-28/3/13, Street: Kishanbagh, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500 064 Phone Number: 91-40-23311269
RTO Office Hyderabad- West Zone TS-13 D.No.9-4-86/41, Street: Salarjung Colony, Tolichowki, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500 008 Phone Number: 91-40-23311269
RTO Hyderabad Office timings: 10 AM to 5 PM (Monday to Saturday)
Functions of RTO Hyderabad
The RTO Offices in Hyderabad offer a range of services involved in making people eligible to own and use vehicles. The services provided here range from taxation to registration.
Here is a list of services available at these RTO Hyderabad:
- Driving license: You can legally drive a vehicle after applying for a learner’s license first. After which, you can apply for a permanent license. Renewals and duplicates can also be created here.
- Concerns for the environment: As per the Motor Vehicles Act, the office will issue tests to ensure that your vehicles are not too harmful to the environment.
- Safety on roads: The RTO office also aims to create safer roads by implementing safety policies.
- Motor inspection: You should ensure that the vehicles in your possession comply with road regulations in the Motor Vehicles Act. To do this, you can visit the office for an inspection.
- Motor registration: This is a primary purpose of an RTO. The license plate of your vehicle can only be obtained after registering the vehicle at the RTO office.
- Taxation for roads: The RTO collaborates with the State Government to collect certain taxes.
- The Road Tax is collected by these offices, which you have to pay when registering the vehicle.
Hyderabad RTO Office registration charges
Invalid carriage 50
Imported two-wheeler 5,000
Light motor vehicle (LMV) 600
Medium goods and passenger vehicle 1,000
Heavy good vehicle passenger 1,500
Imported motor vehicle 5,000
Any other vehicle apart from the above 3,000
Light commercial vehicle 1,000
How to Register a Vehicle at Hyderabad RTO?
The Registration process takes place after purchasing the vehicle. It should be mentioned that you will have to first obtain the required insurance and its documents before registering the vehicle.
The process follows the steps given below:
- Obtain and fill out the registration form and send it to the District Transport Office.
- Ensure the submission of all the necessary documents.
- An officer from the RTO office will inspect the vehicle and the form. Upon approval, you will receive a vehicle registration number and a receipt. The officer will ensure that all the documents you submit are in order before approval.
- Finally, you will have to get the registration mark on the vehicle’s number plate in less than a month and receive approval from the registration authority.
It is important to note that you will receive a temporary registration at the dealership. One should then obtain a permanent one from the RTO office.
How to Renew Registration Certificate in Hyderabad?
The registration certificate for vehicles expires after 15 years from the date when it is first obtained. The renewal of an RC involves the following steps:
- Procure Form 25 from the RTO office and fill in all the details.
- Submit the said document to the transport office. The submission should be made to the office under which the vehicle was first registered.
- Payment of taxes at the same office. The RTO will also take place in this location.
- In addition to the tax, you will also have to pay a fee for the renewal.
The documents that are needed to carry out the renewal of an RC are:
- Form 25
- Pollution under Control Certificate from a Government Approved test centre.
- Original RC Smart card or Book.
- Insurance Policy of the Vehicle
- Form 60/61 or copy of PAN card.
- Print of the Engine or Chassis number
- Signature verification of the owner.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Hyderabad
Along with the application, you will also need the following documents to be submitted while registering for a vehicle:
- Form 20
- Vehicle’s Sales Certificate
- Insurance Policy for the Vehicle
- Passport Photos
- Identity Proof
- PAN Card Copy
- Temporary Registration given by the dealer
- Fee Receipt of Registration
- Roadworthiness Certificate (Form 22)
Motor Insurance in Hyderabad
Investing in insurance is a crucial requirement when you own an automobile. The first reason being that insurance documents are required while registering the vehicle. The other advantage is that it offers a safety net during times of unprecedented damage.
Of all the insurance policies available to you, it is essential to invest in the insurance that provides the most coverage for an affordable premium. This is possible when you become a member of the TATA AIG family. TATA AIG car insurance and bike insurance is all-inclusive insurance that provides coverage for almost all the liabilities possible.
The advantages of investing in TATA AIG’s Insurance are:
- Transparent and quick sign up process
- All Depreciation clauses are declared at the initial stages themselves.
- No undisclosed terms and conditions
- Ability to buy online insurance for vehicles
- Round the clock assistance
- Extensive addons
Steps to buy TATA AIG Motor Insurance online:
Step 1 - Visit the TATA AIG website and go to the Motor Insurance page. Step 2 - Fill in your Vehicle Registration Number and click on ‘Get Price’. Step 3 - Submit all the necessary information as per the slots on the screen. Step 4 - Select the type of coverage and the list of add-ons as needed. Step 5 - After completing the online payment process and the verification, your e-policy will be sent to your registered email address.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I download a driving Licence in Telangana?
You will have to register on the Telangana Transport app with the following details:
- Phone number
- Email address
An OTP will be sent to the number, and you can authenticate your identity. The next page allows you to download either your RC or the Driving Licence. Enter the details asked and obtain an E-Copy.
How can I download RC cards online in Telangana?
Download the Telangana Transport App from the app store. Register and authenticate your identity with the following details and the OTP:
- Phone number
- Email address
Click on “Download RC” which will be available on the next page.
How can I renew my learner's license in Telangana?
You can renew your licence online or offline. For the online method, visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways or the RTO website.
Click on online services and select the Driving Licence Related Services option. Fill out the details asked on the page that appears. Pay the fee required. Download the e-copy of the licence.
The offline method involves a visit to the office having the right Hyderabad RTO code after which you will obtain Form 2. This form is used to renew the learner’s licence. Fill the application form and pay the fee. Wait for a few days to receive the licence at your address.
What is the role of the Regional Transport Office?
An important role of the RTO is to ensure that provisions as per the Motor Vehicle Act and central and state government rules are enforced across the country. All vehicles need to be registered with the nearest RTO office. RTO also oversees motor insurance, the issuance and renewal of driver’s license, Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUC) and so on.