RTO in Vadodara (Baroda)
RTO in Vadodara (Baroda)
The Regional Transport Office (RTO) keeps track of every vehicle that runs on Indian roads. RTO Vadodara comes under the jurisdiction of the Gujarat Transport Department and functions under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
RTO Offices in Vadodara Overview
The RTO office offers a diverse range of vehicular services to drivers and riders, such as vehicle registration and the issuance of licenses, amongst several others. For both these purposes and more, valid vehicle insurance is an important and mandatory document. If you are short of time, you can effortlessly purchase vehicle insurance online to be presented for vehicle registration and issuance of a license.
List of RTO Offices in Vadodara
Gujarat has a mix of 36 ARTO and RTO offices scattered in different locations across the state, with the Vadodara RTO office being one of them. It assumes responsibility for numerous vehicular functions and activities for drivers and riders in the city. RTO offices across the nation are provided with a code that is added to the number plate of every vehicle registered in the state. This code helps identify the jurisdiction it represents. The following table provides contact details and address of the Vadodara RTO office:
RTO Vadodara GJ-06 RTO Office, Near Golden Chokdi NH 8, Darjipura, Vadodara – 390006 0265 – 540016
The Office hours for RTO Vadodara are 10:30 AM to 6 PM (Monday to Saturday). You can avail yourself of the services of RTO Vadodara online. Getting an RTO Vadodara online appointment would help you save time.
Official website of RTO Vadodara: cot.gujarat.gov.in/rto-vadodara.htm
Vadodara RTO Registration Charges
The vehicle registration charges are the fees that the owner of the vehicle is expected to pay at the time of registration. The amount charged varies depending on the vehicle type, the purpose for which it will be used, the seating capacity, and applicable charges. The table below mentions the registration charges at RTO Vadodara:
Three-wheeler, quadricycle, or four-wheeler (private use) ₹600
Three-wheeler, quadricycle, or four-wheeler (commercial, transport, or public use) ₹1,000
Imported motorcycles ₹2,500
Heavy passenger vehicle ₹1,500
Heavy goods vehicle ₹1,500
Medium passenger motor vehicle ₹1,000
Medium goods vehicle ₹1,000
Imported motor vehicle ₹5,000
Other vehicles ₹3,000
Functions of Vadodara RTO
The primary function of RTO Vadodara is upholding the rules and regulations as mentioned in the Motor Vehicles Act. The RTO office in Vadodara shoulders a host of vehicular tasks and functions that can be availed through RTO Vadodara online appointment. Some of its salient operations include:
Driver-related RTO services
- Issuing and renewing learner’s license, driver’s license and international driving permit
- Issuing duplicate driver’s license in case of loss or damage of license
- Adding new vehicles in an existing driving license
- Approving address change
Vehicle-related RTO services
- Issuing and renewing temporary and permanent registration certificate (RC) for commercial and private vehicles
- Granting the transfer of ownership certificate for private and commercial vehicles
- Issuing duplicate RC
- Changing address in the RC
- Issuing NOC (No Objection Certificate)
- Issuing and renewing trade certificate and issuing a duplicate copy of the trade certificate
- Hypothecation, endorsement and termination
- RTO services for diplomatic vehicles
- Granting, renewing and collecting fees for issuing regular and temporary vehicle permits
- Collecting road taxes
- Conducting vehicle inspection at check posts
- Issuing fitness certificate for vehicles
- Providing LPG/CNG conversion
How to Register a Vehicle at Vadodara RTO?
Although you may be excited to cruise the streets with your new vehicle, it will first have to be registered with the RTO office. For registration, you can either seek the help of an agent or get it done yourself by:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the Vadodara RTO office and download Form 20. You can choose the language - English or Gujarati, as per your preference. Step 2: Fill the form and submit it to the nearest RTO along with the relevant documents. Step 3: Generally, the authorized dealer conducts the inspection while selling the car. If not, a trained inspector from the RTO will assess the vehicle. Step 4: Post verification of the details, the RTO office releases a unique registration number for your vehicle.
The Registration Certificate (RC) is sent to your registered address through speed post. In case you have a temporary registration number, you must obtain a permanent one before the temporary registration expires.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate in Vadodara?
A vehicle can only be registered for 15 years, after which it will have to be renewed every five years. This is issued until the department deems your vehicle worthy of roads. The renewal of the RC is concerned with the RTO of the city or the state. The RC renewal process for Vadodara requires approaching the RTO office and submitting the relevant documents for the RC renewal. These documents include:
- The duly filled Form no. 25
- Original Registration Certificate (RC) or the RC book
- Road tax certificate
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
- Certificate of valid insurance policy
- Any of the valid proof of address and
- A document with the signature proof of the owner such as Aadhar Card
Once the aforementioned documents are submitted, the concerned person from the Vadodara RTO office will inspect the vehicle. After everything has been verified, the renewed RC will be provided to the vehicle owner.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Vadodara
For vehicle registration in Vadodara, the vehicle owner has to furnish the below-mentioned documents along with the application form to RTO Vadodara:
- Form 20, duly filled and signed
- Form number 21 or a sales certificate issued by the dealer
- Form number 22 representing the worthiness of your vehicle on the roads
- RTO Form 22 (Part 2) in case vehicle is not body build
- Proof of identity and recent passport-sized photographs of the vehicle owner
- Proof of address
- Valid insurance policy of the vehicle. If you are pressed for time, you can purchase vehicle insurance online.
- If your vehicle is imported, carry your customs bill
- Receipt of the paid tax and
- Age certificate
Motor Insurance in Vadodara
Valid motor insurance is not merely another document asked at the RTO office but has the potential to secure you against possible road risks. The comprehensive Tata AIG undertakes financial liabilities to the third party and also to the own vehicle.
Tata AIG two-wheeler insurance, as well as car insurance, have been curated to offer you complete protection and coverage. The two-wheeler insurance by Tata AIG comes with a choice of seven unique riders that enable all-inclusive protection so you can cruise through the city streets in a worry-free manner. The car insurance policy by Tata AIG offers 12 unique riders, along with a third-party and own-damage cover, to secure your car against major liabilities.
Both the plans provide a personal accident cover that includes compensation for death, loss of limbs or eyesight, and permanent disablement to the owner-driver as well as the pillion.
Tata AIG encourages buying vehicle insurance online and has hassle-free processes that can be easily understood by first-time insurance seekers.
Frequently Asked Question
It is essential to carry your vehicle registration card whether you are driving a car or riding a two-wheeler. Non-adherence to this rule will lead to a huge penalty levied on you if caught by a traffic cop. Additionally, if you encounter an accident, your insurance provider will not cover you if you don’t carry the RC.
For how long can a temporary registration be used in Vadodara?
From the date of delivery of the vehicle, the temporary registration can be used for seven days which can be extended for up to a month. Following this period, however, vehicle owners must seek a permanent registration card.
What are the documents required for new vehicle registration in Vadodara?
The documents required for new vehicle registration in Vadodara are:
- Application form 20
- Vehicle’s sale certificate
- Valid insurance certificate
- Current address proof
- Temporary registration issued by the dealer
- A copy of your PAN card
How to transfer your RC from Vadodara to another state?
If you are shifting to another state for an extended period, then your vehicle will have to be registered at the new RTO. The process for transfer of RC is:
- Cancel your vehicle’s registration from the Vadodara RTO and take the No objection Certificate (NOC)
- Submit the NOC to the RTO of the state you are moving to
- Complete the necessary formalities as per the state’s RTO
- Once these formalities have been completed, a new RC number is provided