The Regional Transport Office (RTO) Jaipur was instituted under the purview section 213 of the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Since it is mandatory for all vehicle owners to hold valid vehicle insurance, purchasing vehicle insurance at your convenience is paramount.
RTO Jaipur Overview
You can purchase vehicle insurance online if you have recently gotten a new vehicle, or you can visit your nearest RTO office to transfer the existing insurance to a new or second-hand vehicle.
Official website of RTO Jaipur: transport.rajasthan.gov.in/content/transportportal/en.html
List of RTO offices in Jaipur
The main aim of the RTO office in Jaipur is to implement all the rules and regulations made under the Motor Vehicles Act. Apart from this, the Jaipur RTO office also presents an ordered public transport policy in the pink city - Jaipur.
Mentioned below is a list of all RTO offices in Jaipur that include details like RTO name and address along with Jaipur RTO number.
RJ-14 RTO Office Jaipur RJ-14 The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Jaipur, Rajasthan - 302001 Phone Number: 044-26745959
RJ-45 RTO Office Jaipur - North RJ-45 The Regional Transport Officer ( RTO ), Parivahan Bhawan, Sahkar Marg, Jaipur, Rajasthan - 302005 Phone Number: (91)-141-2740021 / 2740023
RTO Jaipur Office Timings: 10 AM to 6 PM (Monday to Saturday).
Jaipur RTO registration charges
Vehicle registration in Jaipur RTO can be easily obtained by paying the registration charges mentioned below:
Non-Transport RC’s - Two Wheelers ₹300
Non-Transport RC’s - Except Two Wheelers ₹600
Transport Registration Certificate Jaipur RTO Registration Fees
3 Wheeled Passenger Auto Rickshaws or Quadricycle ₹1000
Other commercial vehicles other than 3 Wheeled Passenger vehicles ₹1500
All other vehicles not mentioned above ₹3000
Functions of Jaipur RTO office
The RTO office in Jaipur performs a myriad of functions like issuing vehicle registration, driving licence and many more. Apart from this, the RTO in Jaipur also ensures all the rules made in accordance with the Motor Vehicles Act are properly and religiously followed. It further holds power to charge penalties from any offenders who break these set laws. Mentioned below are a few significant functions of the Jaipur RTO office:
*Issuance of Driving License * The primary function of the RTO office in Jaipur is to issue a 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler learning and permanent driving license to the public driving vehicles in the city. Apart from the issuance, the Jaipur RTO further performs the function of License Renewal and can make all sorts of corrections for licenses.
Issuance of Vehicle Registration Certificate Issuing the vehicle registration certificate is another function that is performed by Jaipur RTO. These registration certificates primarily include trade certificate, ownership transfer certificate and vehicle RC.
Issuance of PUC and Fitness certificate To curb the increasing pollution in the city, the Jaipur RTO further issues a Pollution Under Control certificate and fitness certificate to the vehicles.
Tax and penalty collection Another function performed by the Jaipur RTO is to collect various vehicle taxes like border tax, green tax etc., along with levying fines from offenders.
How to Register a Vehicle at RTO Jaipur?
Once you purchase a new or second-hand vehicle, the two foremost things are to get motor insurance and register the vehicle to the nearest RTO.
You can easily register your vehicle at the Jaipur RTO by following the steps mentioned hereunder:
- All the novel vehicle registrations in Jaipur RTO can be done by receiving and filling out Form 20. You can either fill and submit this form online or visit your nearest RTO to submit a physical copy.
- After filling the Form 20, make sure you submit all the relevant documents mentioned in the form.
- After a thorough inspection by the Jaipur RTO, your vehicle will be allotted a registration number.
- If you have not applied for a special vehicle number, the vehicle number will be automatically generated online, and you will receive the hard copy of this registration via post.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate through RTO Jaipur?
If you have recently purchased a vehicle and obtained a registration certificate, you must note that this certificate is not valid for a lifetime, and you have to get this certificate renewed after every 15 years. Mentioned below are the steps as to how you can renew a registration certificate in Jaipur.
You must start the renewal process by filing Form 25 either online or by visiting your nearest Regional Transport Office (RTO).
Always ensure that you submit all the documents mentioned in Form 25. These documents include the previous Registration Certificate, Completely filled Form 25, Insurance policy of your vehicle, an approved Pollution Under Control certificate either issued by the RTO or any other authorised agent, a copy of the chassis (engine) number and PAN card.
Once you are done with submitting Form 25 and all the above-mentioned documents, you will be asked to pay a renewal fee, after which your registration will be renewed.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Jaipur
Mentioned below is the list of documents that need to be submitted at the time of vehicle registration in Jaipur.
- RTO Form 20 for vehicle registration
- Form 21 sale certificate by the dealer specifying the purchase
- Form 22 roadworthiness certificate from the manufacturer
- Form 22-A in case the body of the vehicle is fabricated
- Invoice of the vehicle
- Temporary registration
- Motor insurance documents
- Address proof
- Customs bills in case of an imported vehicle registration
- STA approval for trailer or semi-trailer vehicles
- Manufacturer’s certificate for commercial vehicles or carriage
- Road tax receipt if the vehicle is purchased from another state
Motor Insurance in Jaipur
Due to an increased number of road accidents, the Indian Government has made it mandatory for all vehicle owners to hold valid two and four wheeler insurance. This vehicle insurance assures that your vehicle remains protected from all third-party road accidents and damage claims. If you have lately purchased a car and are now looking for vehicle insurance that presents you with the widest range of coverage, then TATA AIG insurance is at your service.
TATA AIG always presents the insurer with an extensive coverage option and instant insurance claims.
Steps to buy TATA AIG vehicle insurance online
TATA AIG has made it effortless for people to purchase vehicle insurance online:
Step 1 - Visit the TATA AIG website. Navigate to the Motor Insurance page. Step 2 - Input your Vehicle Registration Number. Click on ‘Get Price’. Step 3 - Submit all the necessary information as displayed on the screen. Step 4 - Select the type of coverage and the list of add-ons needed. Step 5 - Complete the online payment process. On successful verification, your e-policy will be sent to your registered email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I track my RC order in Rajasthan?
You can easily track your Registration Certificate Order in Rajasthan by visiting the website of the Regional Transport Office of your city. For example, if you live in Jaipur, Rajasthan you can visit the Jaipur RTO website and easily track your RC order.
How can I renew my driving licence online in Rajasthan?
You can renew your driving license online in Rajasthan by following the steps that are mentioned below:
- You must initially start by visiting the government authorised Rajasthan Government website www.transport.rajasthan.gov.in.
- Right after entering the website, tap on the button that says ‘E-services’. Once you click on that, you should click on the option that provides an online application for services.
- After selecting the online application for services option, click on the button that states ‘Apply’.
- Out of all the distinct city options mentioned in the dropdown, choose Rajasthan and then click on the driving license alternative.
- Upload your existing license along with all other required documents and click on the button that states ‘ Renew’.
- Right after clicking on this button, you will be taken to the payment gateway, where you can make payment and get done with the license renewal.
What if I miss the last date of renewal of the Registration Certificate?
It is essential to renew your RC on time if you want to avoid penalties on the road. For private vehicles, permanent RC is valid for 15 years and should be renewed after that time period. If your RC is invalid, your insurance company cannot settle any claims on your behalf. Be careful about the renewal date if you want to avoid these hassles.
Do I need to produce the vehicle at the time of registration?
While registering a vehicle at the RTO office, there is a thorough vehicle inspection carried out. It is necessary to get the vehicle to the RTO office.