RTO In Gurugram
RTO In Gurugram
To streamline the transport facility in the city, the RTO office in Gurugram was established under the jurisdiction of the Haryana Transport Department. The department functions under the provisions of Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
RTO In Gurugram Overview
The major function of RTO Gurugram is to maintain an environmentally friendly and efficient transport system. Its additional functions include looking after the development and changes in the road transport technology, examination of valid motor insurance at the time of issuing the driving license and vehicle registration (RC), and improving techniques for management of motor vehicles in the city.
Official website of RTO Gurugram: haryanatransport.gov.in
List of Gurugram RTO Offices
The state of Haryana has an extensive list of RTO offices, with the number going up to approximately 95. Amongst these, three RTO offices are located in Gurugram. The Gurugram RTO office maintains a database of drivers and vehicles in the city. Here are the details of RTO Gurugram
Gurgaon HR – 55 RTO, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001 91-124-222 4444
North Gurgaon HR – 26 RTO, SDM (North) Gurgaon, Ground Floor Mini Secretariat, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122018 91-124-2321808 / 2224444
HR - 72
The Regional Transport Office, SDM Gurgaon, Vikas Sadan, Opposite Mini Secretariat, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122018
Office Timings: 9 AM to 5 PM (Monday to Saturday). Kindly confirm the timings before visiting.
Gurugram RTO Registration Charges
Every vehicle running on the roads of Gurugram needs to be registered with the Gurugram RTO office. For the registration of the vehicle, they are charged a fee. The registration charges depend on the vehicle type, the purpose for which it will be used, the seating capacity, and applicable taxes. Appended are the vehicle registration charges at the RTO office of Gurugram:
Functions of RTO Gurugram
As the number of vehicles on the road increase, there is a need for an efficient infrastructure to sustain them. If these operational duties are not taken care of, the transport facility of a city would be in a chaotic state. To prevent this from happening, an RTO office of every city is entrusted with several essential vehicular tasks to streamline motor vehicle laws and regulations. Some of its primary functions include: Driver-related RTO services:
Issuance of driving license:
- Learner’s license
- Permanent driving license
- Duplicate driving license in the event of loss of the original one
- International driving license
- Conducting driving tests
- Approving a change of address
- Including the purchase of new vehicles under the existing driver’s license
Vehicle-related RTO services:
- Issuing and renewing registration certificates (RC) to commercial as well as private vehicles
- Granting transfer of vehicle ownership certificate
- Issuing a duplicate RC
- Change of address in the RC
- Issuing a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for vehicles transferring to a different state
- Permits for goods carriage
- Issuing national permits
- Inspecting vehicles at check posts
- Issuing trade certificates and their duplicate
- Hypothecation, endorsement, and termination
- Issuing fitness certificates to vehicles
- Collection of road taxes and penalties
- Providing LPG or CNG conversion
How to Register a Vehicle at RTO Gurugram?
The Transport Department of Haryana envisions an efficient transport facility for enforcing the traffic laws, and registering every vehicle is a significant part of the process. Vehicle owners can get permanent or temporary vehicle registration from RTO Gurugram. As a temporary registration certificate is only valid for a maximum of up to a month, having a permanent registration done is mandatory.
Here is a step-by-step guide for permanent registration of your vehicle with the RTO office of Gurugram:
Step 1: Download and duly fill the form number 20 available on the official RTO Gurugram website. You have the provision to choose the language of your preference. Step 2: Submit the form along with the necessary documents to the RTO office of Gurugram Step 3: Your vehicle will then be assessed by the Superintendent of the RTO office Step 4: Once the verification is completed, the RTO Gurugram provides you with a unique registration number for your vehicle.
After the aforementioned steps are completed, the Registration Certificate Smart Card is delivered to the owner of the vehicle at their registered address.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate at RTO Gurugram?
The validity of any vehicle’s registration is 15 years, following which vehicles have to be renewed every five years. This is done until your vehicle is deemed worthy of roads by the RTO office. If your vehicle registration expires and you don’t renew it, you are levied with heavy penalties. To renew your registration certificate, you will require the appended list of documents:
- A duly filled Form no. 25
- Original Registration Certificate (RC) or the RC book
- Professional tax certificate
- Certificate of a valid motor insurance policy. If you are short on time, purchasing online insurance for your vehicle is a quick and hassle-free process.
- Current address proof and
- A document with the signature proof such as Aadhar Card
After these documents are handed over, a concerned person from the RTO office will inspect your vehicle. After the verification, the renewed RC will be provided to the vehicle owner.
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Gurugram
For vehicle registration in Gurugram, the following documents along with the relevant application form need to be presented before the Gurugram RTO office:
- Form number 21 or a sales certificate issued by the dealer
- Form number 22 representing the worthiness of your vehicle on the roads
- ID Proof and recent passport-sized photographs of the vehicle owner
- Address proof
- Valid motor insurance policy of the vehicle.
- A customs bill if your vehicle is imported
- Receipt of the paid tax and
- On certain occasions, an age certificate is asked for
Motor Insurance in Gurugram
India ranks highest among road accidents worldwide which is attributed to various factors, such as human error, unfavourable road conditions, and poor weather conditions. Additionally, two-wheelers are at a greater risk as they are more exposed as compared to a car. Whatever be the reason, having comprehensive motor insurance can act as a protective cover so that you are afforded peace of mind while on the roads.
Tata AIG motor insurance provides a comprehensive, third-party, and own damage cover at pocket-friendly premiums. Considering the preferences of the rushed insurance-seeker of today, Tata AIG has made it exceptionally easy to buy online insurance for any vehicle – two-wheeler and four-wheeler.
Every need, right from buying/renewing Tata AIG bike insurance or Tata AIG car insurance to seamless claim settlement, we have got you covered. Motor insurance with Tata AIG comes with a host of benefits such as quick and hassle-free claim settlements, cashless claims, policy customisation, all-inclusive coverage, attractive add-ons and much more.
To get online insurance for your vehicle by Tata AIG, visit the Motor Insurance page and:
- Fill the online form to get a quick quote
- Choose from a host of riders to strengthen your motor insurance and
- Once you pay for the selected policy, a soft copy of the insurance is provided to you in your email.
Frequently Asked Questions
To help you get acquainted with the services provided by the RTO office, we have collated some commonly asked questions:
What are the documents required to obtain an RTO Gurugram driving license (DL)?
Aside from the application form, here is the list of documents required to obtain an RTO Gurugram driving license:
- Passport Size Photographs
- PAN Card
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Proof of Address
- Birth Certificate
- Learner's License
- Challan stating DL fees paid
What happens if you drive without a registration certificate in Gurugram?
It is essential to carry your vehicle registration card whether you are driving a car or riding a two-wheeler. Non-adherence to this rule will lead to a huge penalty levied on you if caught by a traffic cop. Additionally, if you encounter an accident, your insurance provider will not cover you if you don’t carry the RC.
How many RTO offices are actively functioning in Gurugram?
Gurugram has three RTO offices. The HR-55 RTO Office in Gurgaon only provides services for commercial vehicles, whereas HR-72 RTO Office in South Gurgaon provides services associated with private vehicles.
For how long can a temporary registration be used in Gurugram?
From the date of delivery of the vehicle, the temporary registration can be used for seven days which can be extended for up to a month. Following this period, however, vehicle owners must seek a permanent registration card.