RTO Offices in Andheri MH-02
The Andheri RTO office, or the Regional Transport Office in Andheri West is the department headed by the commissioner of state transports. The Andheri RTO was established in accordance with the Motor Vehicles Act 1988’s section 213 (1). The office provides different services and executes various activities to ensure the road safety measures and the safety regulations of the people under the jurisdiction. The Andheri RTO also issues various licenses and certificates, including the Certificate of Registration of a vehicle and driving license issuances, along with other necessary documents and forms for buying and renewal of car insurance.
The official website for RTO Andheri West: https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in/1035/Home
List of RTO Offices in Andheri West
MH-02 Andheri RTO Office - Western Suburb Mumbai Address
|RTO NAME||Timings||RTO Address||RTO Contact Details|
|Andheri MH 02 RTO||10 AM – 5 PM||Regional Transport Office, D/111, Ambivali Village, Versova Road, Near Manish Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai - 400053||91-22-6362252, +91-22-26366957, +91-22-26319821, +91-22-26323315|
Andheri RTO Registration Charges
These are the registration charges for new vehicles under the RTO:
|Type of Charges||RTO Fees (in ₹)|
|Registration||₹600 – For all types of four-wheelers|
|Hypothecation||₹1,500 – If the vehicle is bought on a loan|
|Number Plate Change||₹230 to ₹400 – Same for HSRP Number Plate|
|Parking Fee or State Development||₹2,000 for the MCD Parking Fees for cars priced under ₹4 Lakh ₹4,000 for MCD Parking Fees for cars priced above ₹4 Lakh|
|Temporary Registration||₹1,200 – ₹1,500 – Temporary Registration for up to 1 month|
|Road Tax Charges (Cars Under 10 Lakh)||CNG – 7%, Petrol – 11%, Diesel – 13%|
|Road Tax Charges (Cars between 10 – 20 Lakh)||Petrol – 12%, Diesel – 14%|
|Road Tax Charges (Cars Above 20 Lakh)||Petrol – 13%, Diesel – 15%|
|FastTAG Charges||₹500 payable on the purchase of a new vehicle|
Functions of Andheri RTO Office
The Andheri West RTO performs a few duties as mandated by the Motor Vehicles Act. The main function of this RTO office is to ensure that the people under its jurisdiction are following the law while riding their bikes or driving their cars. Also, the Andheri RTO performs certain other duties like-new vehicle registration, issuance of driving licenses, collection of road tax, and so on. The office is also assigned the right to levy charges as a penalty whenever a person goes against the law.
Here is a list of a few other functions performed by the RTO office in Andheri West, Mumbai:
- Reviewing applications for issuing and renewing driving licenses.
- Collecting road taxes and penalties on behalf of the Maharashtra Government.
- Issuing vehicle registration services, NOCs, transportation permits, etc.
- Facilitating the vehicle owners with online and offline driving license applications with the help of the government portal called Sarathi Portal.
- Ensuring that the licenses of all the vehicles are valid and are in accordance with the law mandates.
- Functioning as the sole provider of 31 different types of permits & licenses based on different applications from people as deemed fit.
- Offering temporary and permanent registrations for vehicles.
- Conducting driving tests for the ones applying for a driver’s license.
- Transferring of vehicle ownerships.
- Issuing duplicate licenses in case of loss, damage, or theft upon verification.
- Granting tour permits for commercial vehicles.
How to Register a Vehicle at Andheri RTO?
Although you can register your vehicle with the help of the seller, you can also do it yourself by visiting the Andheri RTO office directly. Follow these steps to get it done in a jiffy:
Step 1. Visit the Andheri RTO office along with your new vehicle.
Step 2. Duly fill in all the details on the Application form 20, and carry the necessary documents along (detailed below):
- Duly filled Application form CV20.
- Sale Certificate of the vehicle.
- Valid Address Proof of the vehicle owner.
- Temporary Registration issued by the seller.
- Registration Fee.
- Copy of the PAN Card.
Step 3. The RTO Superintendent will go through your application form and the documents. Once it’s done, you will have to pay the registration fees at the counter.
Step 4: Once the verification is over, you will receive a Smart Card that will act as your vehicle’s Registration Certificate.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate in Andheri West?
To avoid penalties, you must always carry your vehicle’s Registration Certificates while travelling. For private vehicles, the RC will be valid for fifteen years. Whereas, for commercial vehicles, the Registration Certificate will be valid for three years. And once it’s expired, you need to get the certificate renewed as soon as possible with the RTO office. To do this, you will need to submit a form along with a few essential documents.
Once you submit all the documents, you will have to take your vehicle to the RTO office for inspection. Upon verification of your vehicle, your RC will be renewed by the Andheri RTO office.
These are the documents that you need to produce to the RTO office to get your vehicle’s RC renewed:
- Duly filled Application Form 25
- Original Registration Certificate
- Pollution certificate
- Vehicle’s Fitness Certificate
- A Valid Car Insurance Certificate
- Proof of road tax and renewal
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Andheri
These are the documents that you should have in place to register a new vehicle in Andheri West:
- Application Form 20 for new registration of the vehicle.
- Minimum three passport size photographs of the vehicle owner.
- Sales certificate as issued by the seller of the vehicle.
- Identity Proof of the owner - Pan Card, Passport, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driver’s License.
- Residential proof of the owner.
- If you have bought the vehicle with a loan, then Form 34 with loan details.
- Certificate of Pollution Under Control.
- Car Insurance certificate from the vehicle seller.
- Original sales invoice from the vehicle seller.
- Temporary registration number of the vehicle.
- Sales tax clearance certificate in case the vehicle is registered in a different state and bought in one state.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the respective RTO office if the vehicle has been bought in one state and registered in another state.
- In case of imported vehicle registration, customs bills.
Motor Insurance in Andheri
According to India’s Motor Vehicles Act 1988, it is mandatory for every vehicle to have a valid insurance plan in place. Car insurance will keep your car safe on the busy streets of Andheri. Also, you will be saved from paying hefty traffic fines. If, God forbid, you get into an accident; your valid motor insurance will pay for all the repairing costs. This way, you will not have to break the bank while repairing the same.
Even though third-party insurance of four-wheeler and two-wheeler is mandated by the law, it’s better to opt for a comprehensive insurance plan for your vehicle in Andheri. The latter will offer extensive insurance coverage benefits in case of any mishap. With some reputable companies in India like Tata AIG, you will get the right kind of comprehensive bike and car insurance cover benefits that would pay for both third-party liabilities and damages to your own vehicle. Thus, our insurance plans are not only reasonable but also quite beneficial for the vehicle owners.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is the RTO office code of Andheri West?
The RTO office code is MH – 02 for Andheri West.
2. What documents are needed to register a new car at the Andheri RTO office?
These are the documents needed for registering a new car at the Andheri RTO:
- Address Proof of the owner like Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill, Passport, etc.
- Past 6-month’s Bank Statement
- Photo ID Proofs like PAN Card, Driving Licence, Aadhar Card.
3. What are the office timings in the Andheri RTO office?
The Andheri RTO office timings are – 10 AM – 5 PM.