Honda CB Twister Insurance
Honda Twister Insurance
The Honda CB Twister was launched more than a decade ago in 2010 and got discontinued in 2015. In the five years of its running, it raked massive sales and was a popular buy among riders. The CB Twister is quite an old version, and the brand has released many new models ever since, including the Honda CB Twister 250 in 2018. But because it is from the line-up of Honda bikes, which is a reputed and trusted brand in India, it is a classic. It is no longer for sale in Honda dealerships or on the brand’s official website, but you can source it from a second-hand shop or collector of classic bikes. The Honda CB Twister offers a lot of simplicity to the rider. Its design and finish give it a sporty, playful, bold, and masculine appearance. It has a decent 110cc engine that reaches a speed of 89kmph and gives a mileage of 70kmpl. But irrespective of the well-rounded performance of the bike, every bike needs a two wheeler insurance policy. An insurance policy for bikes is a contract between an insurance provider and a bike owner to protect the owner-rider, their bike, and third parties from damage, loss, and injuries of any kind arising from the owner-driver's bike. Insurance policy for bikes, at least third-party bike insurance, is a legal mandate in India, per the Motor Vehicle Laws. But it is wise to get comprehensive Honda Twister insurance for your Honda CB Twister as it provides more all-rounder protection. Tata AIG offers comprehensive, own-damage, and third-party 2-wheeler insurance online or offline.
Honda CB Twister Insurance Renewal/ Buy via Tata AIG
Nowadays, it is very easy to buy insurance of any type, including bike insurance. The days of visiting the insurance office and spending time in queues are almost gone. You can easily buy 2-wheeler insurance online in a matter of minutes. Or, if you already have an existing Honda Twister insurance policy, you can carry out a Honda bike insurance renewal in a few simple steps. All you have to do is visit the Tata AIG website and:
- Go to the Bike Insurance page. Enter your bike registration number starting with your state code in the empty box provided. For instance, if your bike is from Maharashtra, your registration number will start from MH.
- Click on ‘Get Price’ for a new Honda Twister two wheeler insurance policy or on the ‘Renew’ button for the Honda CB Twister insurance online.
- Once you click on either option, you will have to fill out a bike insurance form. Enter details like your number, the Insured declared value (IDV) of your bike, and any other details prompted on the screen.
- Enter the information of any previous claim history and the bike insurance policy expiration date. If you haven’t filed a bike insurance claim in the previous years, you get awarded a no-claim bonus (NCB), which is a discount on the Twister insurance premiums.
- After submitting the necessary details, you will get a quote for the Honda bike insurance price and the premiums payable.
- You can select the insurance policy for your bike as it is or select any add-ons/ riders to enhance the protection of your Honda CB Twister. We offer 7 unique riders for 2-wheeler insurance online.
- You will receive a soft copy of your Honda insurance policy on your email/ number after you complete the payment.
Honda Twister Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
Your Honda bike insurance price will depend on various crucial factors, including —
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your bike. The IDV is the market value of your bike payable under the Honda bike insurance policy during the claim.
- The age of your bike that also influences the IDV
- The make and model of your bike
- The coverage and type of bike insurance policy chosen – comprehensive, own-damage, or third party
- Any NCB benefits applicable to your Honda insurance policy
- Your age and your driving record/ history
- The geographical location of the bike
You can use the free bike insurance premium calculator on the Tata AIG website to get an estimate of Honda two-wheeler insurance policy for your Honda CB Twister. You can even compare bike insurance quotes through the calculator.
Add-ons for Honda Insurance Policy by Tata AIG
Did you know that India has the highest number of road accidents? Two-wheelers, in fact, are more prone to accidents than four-wheelers. So, it becomes double the responsibility to take care of yourself, your bike, and fellow riders on the road. Why settle with third-party bike insurance when you can get comprehensive bike insurance? And if you want to go the extra mile in protecting your bike against several unforeseen scenarios, we offer 7 add-ons for your Honda bike insurance policy. These riders offer far more inclusive insurance coverage. They include
- Depreciation allowance that covers the depreciation of your bike’s parts during repair/ replacement. This cover ensures you receive the original value of your bike parts and not the depreciated current market value. It also goes by the Zero Depreciation, NIL Depreciation, or bumper-to-bumper cover.
- Return to invoice cover that reimburses the original cost of your bike in case of its theft or total damage.
- The Emergency medical expense cover that reimburses the emergency medical expenses associated with the treatment of you or the pillion rider due to injuries caused by accident.
- Personal accident cover for owner-riders that provides a pre-determined sum to your nominees/ family members in case of your unfortunate demise or the development of serious injuries due to an accident.
- Third-party property damage cover for additional protection over and above the base coverage.
- Roadside Assistance Cover that provides immediate assistance and mechanic services if your Honda CB Twister bike breaks down in a remote location. The services provided can take care of issues like a flat tyre, dead battery, fuel replacement, and other on-the-spot repairs.
- Consumables Expense that covers the cost of bike consumables damaged/ lost due to an accident. These include screws, nuts/ bolts, bearings, clips, engine oil, gearbox oil, brake oil, grease, lubricants, etc.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Insurance Policy for bike
We, at Tata AIG, do not take customer-centricity lightly and adhere to our principles of honesty, integrity, and transparency 100%. We want our customers to make informed decisions, so we disclose every term and condition to them, even though they might not like what they see. We believe that a bike is not a one-time purchase but an investment that requires timely care. This is why, when it comes to picking Honda two-wheeler insurance, we disclose every piece of information to our customers. This table represents exactly what Tata AIG’s comprehensive and standalone own damage bike insurance policy covers and does not cover.
|What we cover||What we do not cover|
|Damage and loss to your bike from natural and man-made calamities, including – Floods, cyclones, earthquakes, lightning Riots, strikes, self-ignition, explosions, and terrorist attacks||Damages caused due to the driver’s own negligence, including – Absence of a licence Riding without a helmet Riding under intoxicants/ drugs Riding in a flood-prone area Using your bike for commercial use|
|Damage caused to your bike in transit through airways, waterways, roadways, and railways||Damage caused to the bike by being used for racing, speed testing, reliability trials, etc.|
|Theft of the bike in which you will receive the IDV of the bike||Damage to the bike outside the limits of India|
|Damages caused to third parties, their vehicle, and property (including death)||Any general wear and tear, ageing, and mechanical and electrical breakdown of the bike|
|Medical expense coverage up to ₹15 lakhs for injuries caused to you/ owner-driver by an accident and||Damage to the bike caused by nuclear perils, mutiny, war, or warlike operations|
|Specific add-on coverage from 7 riders||Own-damage or personal accident coverage in case of third-party coverage|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Honda two-wheeler insurance?
Buying and owning a bike is one of the first experiences for many. For many, it is the first tryst with navigating Indian roads and experiencing freedom. It is crucial that you get insurance from someone who understands the effort and value of your purchase, irrespective of its price. Which is where we can help. We at Tata AIG can understand a bike is a lifelong dream come true for many and requires earnest maintenance and protection. We are committed to securing your bike like it is our own by providing all-rounder 2-wheeler insurance online and offline. Here are a few guaranteed features of Tata AIG’s insurance policy for bikes:
- We have over 20+ years of assorted and adaptable experience.
- We have a dedicated team of 650+ claim experts at your service round-the-clock.
- We have settled over 98% of our bike insurance claims in FY 2020-2021 – a number that goes to show our commitment to our customers’ happiness.
- We prioritise the unique needs of more than 5 crore diverse customers.
- As part of our customer-first approach, we have a hassle-free and time-efficient claim settlement process to make claim settlement a breeze.
- We have a wide-ranging and expert network of over 8,700 trusted garages.
- We have a quick and easy 3-step renewal process and 6-step claim settlement process – so rest assured you will receive the support needed in a matter of minutes.
- We give up to 50% discount in no-claim bonuses and up to 75% discount on premiums to our policyholders.
- We offer up to 7 unique and customisable add-ons to enhance the level of coverage of your Honda insurance policy.
Overview – Honda CB Twister bike model
The Honda CB Twister offers riders a very nostalgic and simplistic riding experience. It has a sporty and aggressive outer appearance and delivers performance in line with its exterior finish. It has a 109cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces a max power of 9bhp at 8000rpm and max torque of 8.97Nm at 6000rpm. It has a telescopic suspension at the front wheel and a spring-loaded hydraulic shock absorber at the rear wheel. It has a 4-speed manual suspension and a fuel tank capacity of 8 litres and can give an average mileage of approx. 60-70 kmpl. The bike weighs 108 kg. It might not have the most contemporary features considering it is more than ten years old in technology, performance, and design, but given the price and durability, it is ideal for daily use.
Honda CB Twister Bike Price and Variants
The Honda CB Twister is available in 3 variants – CB Twister Kick Start, Self Start, and Self Start with Disc brake. The starting price of the CB Twister is ₹45,159, and the ending price is ₹53,231 – the exact price will vary from city to city. The bike is available in Electric Yellow Metallic, Heavy Grey Metallic, Sports Black and Red.
|CB Twister Kick Start||₹45,159|
|CB Twister Self Start||₹50,002|
|CB Twister Self Start with Disc Brake||₹53,231|
Unique Selling Points: Honda CB Twister Bike Features
The Honda CB Twister can qualify almost as a relic because, since its launch, many new bikes have been introduced in the two-wheeler segment. However, the bike still has some impressive features that make it convenient to own and ride the roads. These include:
- A modern design in comparison to other commuter two-wheelers
- A well-cushioned seat that provides ample space for the rider and pillion
- Good grip on Indian roads
- Tubeless tyres to enhance the ride quality
- Good mileage and better pickup
- Masculine fuel tank, raised tail, stylish headlamp design
Rivals of Honda CB Twister
The Honda CB Twister has been discontinued and is not for sale since 2015. However, that does not mean its second-hand or previously owned variants are free from competition. Some of the most popular rival bikes of the Honda CB Twister include:
- Yamaha FZ25
- Honda CB Twister 250
- Bajaj Platina 100
- Bajaj CT 110
- Hero HF Deluxe
- TVS XL Comfort
- TVS XL 100 Heavy duty
Frequently Asked Question
When was the Honda CB Twister discontinued?
Honda launched the CB Twister in 2010. It ran its course for five years before it got discontinued in 2015. You can only get the Honda CB Twister from a previous owner or second-hand garage.
How much will Honda CB twister insurance cost?
The cost of the Honda bike insurance for the CB Twister will depend on the IDV of the bike. The IDV is the current market value of a vehicle, which in turn, depends on factors like the age of the bike, its make and model, engine type and cubic capacity, and others.
How to do Honda Twister insurance renewal online?
Nowadays, it is very easy to renew Twister insurance online. Tata AIG has a quick and seamless 3-step renewal process. All you have to do is visit our website and:
- Click on the bike insurance page
- Enter your vehicle registration number and click on Renew existing Tata AIG policy.
- Submit the necessary details like name, contact number, and others requested in the renewal form
- Make the payment for renewal and receive the soft copy of the renewed insurance policy for the bike on your mail/ number.
How to claim your Honda Twister insurance policy online?
Tata AIG offers a seamless 6-step claim filing process for your Honda Twister insurance policy. All you have to do is:
- Visit the bike insurance page and click on the claim option. Register your insurance claim on the claim form.
- Submit details like your insurance policy number, FIR, trace report, and other personal info. Note the claim registration number after submission of the claim form.
- You will receive a self-inspection link where you have to upload photos of the damaged bike. This will not apply in the case of a stolen Honda bike. Additionally, we will send a surveyor to your bike to inspect the scope of damage and prepare a damage report.
- Once your claim gets approved, you can choose a network or a non-network garage to send your bike to.
- Choose between cashless claim settlement or reimbursement. In cashless claim settlement, we will send your bike to the chosen network garage for repair and directly take care of all the expenses. In reimbursement mode, you can send the Honda bike to any garage of your preference, pay the expenses, and send the receipts to us.
- Once your bike gets repaired, we will settle the claim through cashless claim settlement or reimbursement.
Once the bike finishes repair, you will receive it, and the claim process will stand completed.