Vespa Scooter Insurance
Vespa has been an evergreen mode of commute for most individuals worldwide for a really long time. Since its launch in 1942, Vespa scooters have continued to woo two-wheeler enthusiasts over the world. With its quirky designs and sassy colour options, the enticing Vespa models have already made a mark on the hearts of each and every scooter lover.
Vespa scooters have literally revolutionised the use of scooters in the country. Riding a Vespa is a ‘cool’ thing for many. However, to protect your Vespa, it’s vital for you to opt for Vespa scooter insurance. Your splendid scooter must have dependable online two-wheeler insurance to help you save your finances. An accident may happen at any point in time. And it’s important for you to safeguard your scooter from any such mishaps by investing in good Vespa bike insurance.
The Motor Vehicles Act 1988 has also made online two-wheeler insurance mandatory for each and every two-wheeler in the country. So, a bike owner must at least opt for third-party bike insurance to keep their vehicle safe on the roads. An accident may come unannounced, and the repairing charges may cost you a bomb! Hence, to keep your pockets safe and your scooter protected, Vespa insurance is a must.
Without valid scooter insurance in place, you can be fined ₹2000 for a one-time offence and ₹4000 for a repeated offence. Also, such insurance will keep off the financial liabilities from your shoulders.
Vespa Scooter Insurance Plan Renewal/Purchase via TATA AIG
If you already have a Vespa scooter insurance policy in place, but its expiry date is nearing, you should renew the policy as soon as possible. At AIG, we recommend our customers renew their online two-wheeler insurance plans at least two weeks prior to the expiration date. Also, if you have recently bought your Vespa and are looking for a Vespa insurance plan online, you can buy it by following a few simple steps on our website. The process will need you to:
- Visit our official website and then go to the Bike Insurance page.
- Type in your Vespa’s registration number and select “Get Price” for renewing your insurance policy or select "Renew" if your existing policy of your Vespa scooter insurance is with Tata AIG.
- Now, you will be able to see the details of the insurance policy that the online bike insurance calculator will show on the screen.
- Next, you will need to select a suitable IDV (Insured Declared Value) for your Vespa from the list of IDVs given.
- You will then have to fill in the past claiming details if you have filed any claim in the past. If not, you can avail of the benefit from the No Claim Bonus discount.
- You will be shown the total Vespa insurance cost payable.
- You will then need to choose one of our digital payment options and make the payment online. Once it’s done,
we will send you the soft copy of your Vespa scooter insurance on your registered email ID.
Vespa Scooter Insurance - Your Premium Amount
Before buying your Vespa scooter insurance online, you should compare two-wheeler insurance prices through our online two-wheeler insurance calculator. This way, it will be easier for you to determine the cost of your Vespa insurance premium cost. And once you are sure of the insurance amount payable, you can choose the right Vespa scooter insurance that will also help you meet your needs without breaking the bank!
The cost of your Vespa scooter comprehensive bike insurance plan will be determined by:
- Your selected Insured Declared Value (IDV)
- The make and model of your Vespa scooter
- Vespa’s registration date
- The add-on covers that you have selected
- The scooter’s engine cubic capacity
- The NCB (No Claim Bonus) discount
- Your location
If you opt for the customary third-party 2-wheeler insurance online with us, your premium costs will be determined by the IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India). It will also depend upon the CC (cubic capacity) of your Vespa’s engine.
However, a third-party Vespa scooter insurance policy will cover only the legal and monetary liabilities arising from any kind of third-party damage to another’s vehicle or property and injury/death to someone else.
So, while choosing Vespa insurance online, it’s better to go for the comprehensive online two-wheeler insurance policy, which is also boosted by different types of add-on plans and offers better coverage. Additionally, you can also customise the comprehensive insurance plan during the policy renewal of your Vespa Scooter.
Things Covered/Not Covered Under TATA AIG’s Vespa Bike Insurance Policy
|Things Covered Under TATA AIG’s Bajaj Vespa Bike Insurance||Things Not Covered Under TATA AIG’s Bajaj Vespa Bike Insurance|
|Loss of the scooter or damages to the Vespa caused due to natural disasters like cyclones, floods, earthquakes, etc.||Damages caused or loss of the insured scooter outside the geographical area as mentioned in the policy (i.e., outside India).|
|Total loss of the insured Vespa due to theft or severe damage to the scooter in an accident.||Damage to the insured scooter due to general wear and tear from regular usage or depreciation and electric/mechanical breakdowns.|
|Damages caused or loss of the insured scooter during a road accident involving a third-party car or bike, and damage to the property or injuries caused to a third party leading to their death or disability.||Damage or loss of the insured Vespa if the rider is under the influence of any intoxicating substances, or if they were not wearing a helmet during the accident, or does not have a valid driving license.|
|Loss or damage of the insured Vespa scooter due to malicious human acts like terrorism, riots, vandalism, etc.||Own Damage or personal accident cover will not be applicable in the case of a third-party Vespa bike insurance plan.|
|Damages caused to the insured Vespa by fire from explosions, lightning, self-ignition, etc.||Damage or loss of the insured scooter if it is used for commercial purposes. Or if it has been used for speed trials, speed racing, adventure sports, etc.|
|Specific losses and certain damages that are covered under your chosen optional rider plans.||Damages to the insured scooters caused during a home break-in and robbery when the Vespa was not stolen.|
|Personal accident coverage of up to ₹15 lakhs for the owner-driver for personal injuries. In case of the owner-driver’s death during an accident, the nominee of the policy will receive the compensation amount.||Damages to the insured Vespa were caused due to invasion or any war or war-like situations in the country.|
|Accidental damage to the insured scooter and damages caused when the Vespa is being transported by airways, waterways, railways, etc.||Damage to the insured scooter if it is used under restricted usage conditions such as in a flood-prone or land-slide prone area.|
Why Is It Important to Have a Vespa Bike Insurance Policy from TATA AIG?
- With Tata AIG, you can get a wide variety of 2-wheeler insurance plans for your Vespa scooter. Whether you are looking for a tailor-made, customisable, comprehensive bike insurance plan, a standalone own damage cover, or a compulsory third-party liability plan, with us, you can find it all in one place.
- With more than 20 years of experience in the insurance sector in the country, the whole team of Tata AIG thrives every single day to gain the immense support and trust of more than 5-crore patrons around the country. The brand of Tata is in itself enough to offer a sense of reliance and trust amongst the individuals.
- We have a seamless and simple 3-step claiming procedure online. With the support of more than 650 claim experts across the nation, we ensure effective and fast claim settlement every time. We are also proud to declare that we have a claim settlement ratio of 98% for FY 2020-21.
- With our wide network of 3300+ cashless garages pan India, you can get your damaged Vespa scooter repaired without having to worry about paying the cash on the spot.
- Our quick and hassle-free Vespa bike insurance online purchase and renewal process can be carried out at ease from the comfort of your place.
Vespa is an iconic scooter in the world. Since the 1940s, Vespa has been considered a very cool mode of transport for people worldwide. With a clean and sophisticated design, Vespa has been continuously mesmerising people everywhere. Particularly popular with hipsters, even the ones who are fond of a retro look and feel in commute, consider Vespa as the best option. Apart from its cool looks, Vespa is also well-equipped with a powerful engine. This one is also a unisex commuting option and hence, is unparalleled in the two-wheeler market in the country.
In case you are looking for a stylish scooter whose legacy dates back to the 40s, Vespa could be the best bet. There are several variants available in the Indian market, and each of them boasts modern features and classy looks.
Vespa Scooter Variants and Prices
|Variants||New Delhi Ex-showroom Prices (may differ as per different cities)|
|Vespa VXL 150||₹1.39 - 1.40 Lakh|
|Vespa Notte 125||₹93,144|
|Vespa LX 125||₹96,606|
|Vespa SXL 150||₹1.31 - 1.37 Lakh|
|Vespa Notte 125||₹93,144|
|Vespa SXL 125||₹₹1.18 - 1.24 Lakh|
|Vespa Elegante 150||₹1.39 Lakh|
|Vespa VXL 125||₹1.15 - 1.27 Lakh|
|Vespa ZX 125||₹1.04 Lakh|
|Vespa Urban Club 125||₹96,600|
|Vespa Elettrica (expected launch July 2022)||₹90,000|
Unique Selling Points: Vespa Scooter Features
Here are a few specifications of Piaggio Vespa scooters that you must know before buying one –
- Vespa is powered by a single-cylinder, with an air-cooled feature, 125 cc engine, which generates a max power of 9.78 bhp at 7500 rpm and a peak torque of 9.6 Nm at 5,500 rpm.
- Both the front and the rear end of the Vespa scooter consists of drum brakes and are armed with the Combi-braking system, weighing 114kg.
- In the Vespa Notte, there is absolutely no comparison in terms of fit and finish. It has a classy matte black finish which looks premium and gives the scooter a rather royal look.
- The initial pickup of Vespa is very refined and feels smooth on the road. For up to 60 kmph, the engine runs effectively without any difficulty. However, the scooter runs best in the midrange of 40 kmph-50kmph.
Now that you are aware of the features of the Piaggio Vespa scooter, and as you are all set to buy one in the near future, you should also know that any unexpected damage befalling your scooter could be quite expensive to repair. Hence, a Vespa bike insurance policy by Tata AIG can help you protect your pockets from paying for such accidents.
Top 3 Rivals of Vespa Scooter
- Aprilia SR 160
- Bajaj Chetak
- Honda Activa
Frequently Asked Question
How to Claim Vespa Bike Insurance Policy Online?
For filing your Vespa Bike Insurance claim online, you can follow these easy steps on the official Tata AIG website –
- Go to the Claims section and click on “Initiate Claim”.
- Fill in your registered mobile number and click “Confirm”.
- Fill in the details with your scooter’s registration number, the FIR details, and some other significant information on the online form for registering your claim with us.
- After our team evaluates the claim and examines the damages caused to your Vespa, the scooter will be sent to one of the closest network garages for repairs.
- During this time, we will initiate the claim settlement process from our end.
- Once the claiming process is completed, your repaired Vespa scooter will be handed over to you.
How To Renew Your Tata AIG Vespa scooter insurance online?
At Tata AIG, you can complete your Vespa scooter insurance policy renewal through a quick online process on our official website -
- Visit the bike insurance page on our website and fill in your Vespa’s registration number in the online bike insurance calculator. Click “Renew” to proceed with your Vespa online insurance renewal.
- Once our online calculator draws other details of your Vespa, you will be prompted to fill in further information as requested.
- Mention your past claiming history details, or you can choose the No Claim Bonus discount if you haven’t filed any claims earlier.
You can check the Vespa insurance cost online. Once the payment is made, your policy will be renewed.
What is the lowest-priced variant of the Piaggio Vespa?
The lowest-priced variant is the Vespa Notte 125, which is available for ₹93,144.
Disclaimer: All the bike/scooter prices and other information listed above pertain to a specific city and vehicle model. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest information before purchasing a vehicle or an insurance policy.