Secure Your Honda Shine Instantly
Honda Shine Insurance
Under government guidelines, all motorised vehicles need mandatory insurance. The estimated cost of insuring your Honda Shine will be Rs 1200–1480*. Read on to find out how to get the super Honda two wheeler insurance.
Honda Shine Insurance Online
The Honda Shine is one of the most popular commuter bikes in the 125cc segment and is available in the price range of Rs. 69,000-75,000 (ex-showroom). Available in two variants, the bike has been among the biggest contributors to Honda's sales figures in India over the years. It continues to do well in its BS6 avatar, which was launched in February this year.
The 5-speed bike comes in four colour options: Black, Geny Grey Metallic, Athletic Blue Metallic, and Rebel Red Metallic. After being updated with an engine that meets BS6 norms, the model now has additional features and some mechanical updates. Let's take a look at the bike, along with the process of getting a Honda bike insurance.
Key features of the Honda Shine Bike
- The Honda Shine is powered by a 4-stroke, BS6-compliant engine equipped with 5 gears. With a 124cc displacement, the HET engine has a maximum torque of 11 Nm at 6000 rpm. The single-cylinder, air-cooled engine delivers 10.59 BHP of power. The addition of a fuel-injection system has led to more precise throttle response.
- The bike also makes use of Enhanced Smart Power technology to increase fuel efficiency through reduced friction. The HET tubeless tyres are also designed for increased fuel efficiency. According to Honda, the upgraded bike with the BS6 engine has a 14% increase in mileage.
- A new feature in this bike's segment is the ACG (Alternate Current Generator) starter motor in the Shine. This reduces gear-meshing sounds and helps you pull away without feeling any jolts.
- You will also find an engine start/stop switch that you can operate with a flick, and an integrated headlamp beam and passing switch.
- With a ground clearance of 162 mm, the bike has a telescopic front suspension and hydraulic type rear suspension and comes with a diamond-type frame.
- This motorcycle comes equipped with a combined braking system. While the Shine Disc BS6 has a 240 mm disc brake in the front, the Shine Drum comes with a 130 mm drum brake. Both have 130 mm drum brakes at the rear.
Insuring your Honda Shine Bike
Buying Honda two wheeler insurance for your Shine would have several benefits. You will be able to breathe easier, knowing that your bike is covered against accident or theft. In the unfortunate event of an accident, the right kind of policy can cover hospital expenses for you and your pillion. What's more, insurance would also come to your rescue in case you have to pay for damages to property or injury or death of a third party in the event of an accident.
There are several insurance products available in the market from various insurance firms. It is important to check and compare bike insurance before making up your mind. Remember to check the various features and benefits of each policy. Also evaluate the company's capability to pay claims, its claim-settlement ratio, and service record.
TATA AIG's comprehensive bike insurance policy covers you against loss or damage to your bike, personal accident cover for you (the owner), and liability to third parties. The policy will cover you against damage to your Honda Shine to factors like natural disasters, terrorist activity, accident, and fire, among others. It will also cover you against bodily harm while driving or riding as pillion, or when getting on or off from your insured bike.
Additionally, a comprehensive insurance policy from TATA AIG will take care of mandatory third-party liability coverage. This will cover damage to property, bodily injury, or death to any third party due to an accident caused by your insured bike.
Your Honda Shine bike insurance policy will be issued against its Insured Declared Value (IDV). The IDV is the selling price of the bike as per the manufacturer - and this is the sum insured. The sum insured will keep changing during the bike's life, due to depreciation of the vehicle due to wear and tear over the years.
To give you a clearer picture, TATA AIG declares the depreciation slabs for its bike insurance policies. Moreover, it offers you add-ons like additional personal accident cover to the registered owner, additional personal accident cover to unnamed persons (for the pillion, driver, or sidecar passenger), and additional third-party damage cover, among others.
You can also avail of a depreciation allowance. Under this, you will be paid the amount of depreciation deducted on the value of replaced parts under own damage claim. There is also a consumables expenses option, under which the cost of consumables required to be replaced due to an accident will be covered.
You can buy Honda bike insurance online; go to the TATA AIG website for a convenient and simple way to get this done.
Registering your Honda Shine
Another mandatory aspect is your vehicle's registration. You will have to register your Honda Shine at your Regional Transport Office (RTO). Charges can vary from state to state and depending on the model. So, it would be a good idea to consult your dealer on the best way to go about registering your Honda Shine. In New Delhi, you will have to spend Rs 8300–8680, which includes road tax.
Alternatives to the Honda Shine
The Honda Shine, which is one of the highest-selling motorcycles in its segment, competes against its peers such as:
- Bajaj Discover 125
- Bajaj Pulsar 150
- Hero Glamour
- Hero Passion Pro
- Hero Super Splendor
If you have decided to buy this bike, choose your Honda Shine insurance policy carefully, complete the due registration process, and get set for a great ride!