Ola S1 Pro Insurance
Ola S1 Pro Insurance
Following the launch of its predecessor, the Ola S1 Pro brings with it more features, more safety and better performance. However, regardless of its many safety features, it still does not negate the fact that it needs to be insured. Like any vehicle, the S1 Pro is just as likely to get damaged during an accident or likely to get stolen.
When this happens, an insurance policy for your bike would be one of the few key assets protecting you financially. This holds true for brand-new vehicles, where in cases of total vehicular damage or theft, it could result in a net loss.
Hence, getting bike insurance should be your first priority after getting the keys to your new scooter.
At Tata AIG, we provide third-party and comprehensive bike insurance plans for E-bikes under our roster, including the Ola electric scooters. This way, if you do end up in an accident or collision while on the road, you are legally and financially covered.
Our plans also provide coverage in cases of theft, natural disasters and emergency medical expenses resulting in personal injury to either you or the third party individual from major road accidents.
Read on to learn more about getting an Ola S1 Pro insurance policy for your new electric scooter from our website.
Purchasing Or Renewing Your Ola Insurance Policy Online With Tata AIG
Visit the homepage on our official Tata AIG website, click 'All Products' on the top tab and select 'Bike Insurance' under Motor Insurance.
Enter your Ola S1 Pro registration number onto the given field, ensuring that it is fully accurate and click
'Get Price' if you are buying a new insurance plan for your Ola S1 Pro.
'Renew' if you are renewing your previous Ola insurance plan.
Note: The renewal terms range between 1 - 5 years, depending on your plan of choice. Remember to renew your plan within the renewal period to avoid your plan from lapsing.
- You will be redirected to an insurance application or renewal form that you must fill in with your KYC details and other supporting information like your Adahar number, PAN card details, etc.
If you are applying for a new insurance policy, you must provide additional information, like your bike cost, the Ola S1 Pro registration number, and the Insured Declared Value (IDV).
If you are applying for an insurance renewal, you must provide your policy expiration date, claims history (if any) and other information regarding your Ola bike insurance renewal.
Note: You may even be eligible for a cumulative No Claim Bonus of up to 50%! if you have not filed any claims during your previous policy terms.
For comprehensive plans, you will be directed to select add-on riders to your Ola scooter if you want extra coverage to protect against specific scenarios. At Tata AIG, we provide 7 unique add-ons to choose from.
After selecting your add-ons and submitting your insurance form, you must pay your Ola S1 Pro insurance cost. This can be done through any net banking facilities like credit/debit cards, UPI, etc.
Once your insurance payment and application have been processed, you will receive a PDF copy of your Ola insurance policy on your registered email ID.
Note: For future reference, ensure you download and maintain your policy certificate, including any insurance payment receipts.
And you're done! You now have a valid Ola S1 Pro insurance policy from Tata AIG under your name!
Ola S1 Insurance Price - Your Payable Premium Amount
Your Ola S1 Pro insurance cost will depend on several factors like bike model, age, driving habits, location, etc. Insurance providers usually consider all of these things to calculate the risk of investment any time someone applies for an insurance plan.
At Tata AIG, we also provide a bike insurance calculator so that you can estimate your premium amounts when you apply for 2-wheeler insurance online. At Tata AIG, the type of insurance plan you choose for your Ola S1 Pro also affects your premium amounts.
- Premiums for Third-Party Insurance: If you choose a third-party policy as your Ola insurance, the premium amounts are decided and standardised by the IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India).
The amount is decided on a yearly basis and also relies on your electric scooter's KW (Kilowatt) engine capacity.
- Premiums for Comprehensive Plans: For comprehensive plans, your location and age, the S1 Pro's IDV, your driving history, its engine KW capacity, and your additional rider plans or add-ons are considered when calculating your insurance premium.
Choosing the right IDV (Insured Declared Value) for your Ola S1 Pro is crucial. It reflects your bike's current market value and will determine your overall insurance payout when your bike is considered a total loss in cases of theft or accidents.
Your IDV is a driving factor that determines the premium amounts for your Ola insurance, so ensure that you declare the right IDV value to strike a balance between adequate coverage and an affordable premium.
At Tata AIG, you can compare bike insurance policies using our online facilities before buying bike insurance to ensure you are getting adequate coverage for the price paid. Doing this also informs you of the different inclusions and exclusions under each insurance policy, ensuring you stay updated on policy terms and preventing any confusion or misunderstandings.
Add-Ons for Your Ola Bike Insurance
Add-ons can be beneficial if you live in a high-risk city or an accident-prone area, as they increase your coverage amount for specific damages. However, the increased coverage does come at the cost of higher premiums.
So when getting add-ons for your Ola insurance, you must ensure that you choose the right add-ons while still ensuring that you keep your overall insurance cost and premiums at a comfortable price bracket.
At Tata AIG, we provide 7 unique, add-on rider plans for comprehensive bike insurance
- Zero Depreciation: This cover ensures that the total cost of repairs for your Ola S1 Pro is covered if your bike sustained any damages during an accident or collision. Simply put, it negates the need for you to pay the depreciation cost when we cover your repair costs.
- Return To Invoice: When you suffer a total loss under a comprehensive plan without this add-on, you are only reimbursed for your S1 Pro’s IDV value. However, with this over, you get paid the total purchase price of your bike, including the registration charges and road tax.
- Medical Emergency Expenses: Adding this cover under insurance for your Ola S1 Pro ensures that you are covered for any emergency hospitalisation or medical expenses that result from major accidents. This add-on covers your hospitalisation and ambulance transport costs.
- Additional Personal Accident Cover For The Owner-Driver: This add-on provides your family with a predetermined sum in the event of your accidental death or permanent disability. The maximum amount is capped at ₹15 lakhs.
- Additional Third-Party Damage Cover: A comprehensive plan coupled with this add-on cover will provide extended third-party liability protection on top of your standard third-party coverage, making your plan more robust.
- Consumable Expenses: This add-on covers the replacement expenses for engine oil, gearbox oil, grease, brake oil, nuts and bolts, etc., lost due to an accident. Fuel loss compensation is not covered under this add-on.
- Roadside Assistance Cover: This cover added to your Ola insurance policy offers 24/7 roadside assistance in case of breakdowns, accidents, fuel replacement services, towing your vehicle to a garage or other emergencies.
Exclusions and Inclusions Under an Ola S1 Pro Insurance Policy
|Inclusions Under Ola S1 Pro Insurance||Exclusions Under Ola S1 Pro Insurance|
|Personal Damage Protection: Insurance policies for bikes include protection against damage caused by accidents, fires, and natural and manmade disasters.||Owner Negligence: A bike insurance policy does not cover damage resulting from owner negligence. For example, your bike policy will not cover repair costs resulting from a lack of vehicle maintenance or regular wear and tear that comes with age and regular usage.|
|Personal Accident Coverage: Your Ola insurance will provide personal accident coverage of up to ₹15 lakhs in case of personal injuries resulting in medical expenses. In cases of accidental death, your family will be paid a death benefit with the sum assured.||Commercial Usage: Your bike insurance will not cover damages sustained from commercial usage of your private vehicle. If you plan to use your Ola S1 Pro scooter for commercial purposes, you are advised to get a commercial bike insurance plan instead.|
|Total Loss Cover: In cases of total vehicular damage or a total loss of goods due to theft, you will be reimbursed your Ola S1 Pro’s IDV value. In cases of a comprehensive plan with a return to invoice cover, you will be reimbursed the total purchase price of your Ola S1 Pro scooter.||Racing or Other Illegal Activities: Your bike insurance policy will not cover repair costs for damages sustained from illegal activities like racing or speed trials. If your vehicle is found to have been involved in any illegal activities, your resulting claims will not be approved or processed, as it is a violation of policy terms.|
|Third-Party Protection: Both third-party and comprehensive plans offer third-party protection in case of accidents. This includes coverage for medical costs or loss of life of the third party in cases of fatal accidents.||Driving Without a Licence Or Helmet: Any repairs or personal injuries resulting from a traffic law violation will not be covered under your Ola insurance policy.|
|Add-On Coverage: Under comprehensive plans, you can opt for additional rider plans to boost your Ola S1 Pro insurance coverage if you live in high-risk or accident-prone locations.||Property Damage from Theft: Any property damage that results from breaking and entering will not be covered. Your Ola insurance plan will only cover vehicular damages or loss of goods related to your Ola S1 Pro scooter in cases of theft.|
Why Choose Tata AIG When Purchasing Ola S1 Pro Insurance?
The Motor Vehicles Act mandates that all two-wheeler owners insure their vehicles with at least a third-party bike insurance policy if they wish to drive on Indian roads. Since it is a legal mandate, if you are caught riding your Ola S1 Pro without an insurance policy, you can be levied several fines and penalties by traffic authorities.
Moreover, in cases of an accident, you are more likely to face legal trouble and need to handle all the repair costs out of pocket without a bike insurance policy. Therefore, getting your bike insured should be your top priority after purchase.
At Tata AIG, we provide several plans for two-wheelers you can get for your S1 Pro that will provide adequate protection at any price range. Here are some benefits you get access to when you choose to buy 2-wheeler insurance online on our website:
- Brand Reputation: We are an IRDAI-approved insurance provider with a solid presence in the insurance sector. We have helped numerous clients over the years when faced with emergencies. You can count on us to receive excellent support and reliable services when you choose to partner with us.
- Comprehensive Coverage: With Tata AIG, you get comprehensive coverage from risks, accidents, third-party liabilities, theft and even natural disasters.
- Unique Add-ons: Opting for a comprehensive bike insurance plan for your Ola scooter gives you access to 7 unique add-ons. These include a zero depreciation cover, emergency medical assistance and a return to invoice cover in case of total vehicular loss.
- Affordable Premiums: To help accommodate your financial situation, we provide a wide array of discounts and insurance plans to fit any price range. You will have no problem finding a plan suited to budgetary needs.
- Convenient Online Facilities: Our digital infrastructure supports various online processes like online insurance purchases, plan renewals, and a quick claims settlement process. As a result, we can provide quick and transparent processes to our clients at any time.
- 24/7 Customer Support: We provide 24/7 customer support to our clients so you get assistance with your policy claims or any other issues you are facing to ensure a stress-free experience when you opt for any of our services.
For example, Any queries regarding your insurance plans can be directed to your insurance agent. You can also contact our customer support helpline, so we can help put you in contact with one of our agents to assist you with any issues regarding your plan.
Ola S1 Pro – An Overview And USPs
Available in almost every shade and finish you can think of, the S1 Pro is the perfect electric scooter for anyone looking for eco-friendly alternatives. It is a step up from its predecessor - the S1- and packs higher specs, more features and more colour options.
The Ola S1 Pro is a premium variant of the S1 electric scooter range under Ola Electric. Here are some of its USP features that differentiate it from the S1.
- High- r Speed and Range: Unlike the base model, the S1 Pro packs a top speed of 116 kmph and a range of 181km per full charge, making it better for longer distance commutes.
- Faster Charging: The S1 Pro promises a faster charging time for a range of 75 km in 18 minutes with its 3.97kWh battery pack and a total charging time of 6 and a half hours.
- Fresh New Look: The S1 Pro variant comes with 12 new colours and finishes and provides a sleek exterior featuring curvy side panels, a sleek LED taillight, an external charging port at the rear, and a split-style pillion grabrail.
- More Drove Modes: The S1 Pro features four driving modes - Eco, Sports, Normal and Hyper; whereas the S1 only featured three.
- Spacious: Both the S1 and S1 Pro feature a spacious 36-litre under-seat storage space that can fit two open-face helmets.
Ola S1 Pro Features and Specifications
|Drive Modes||Eco, Sports, Normal and Hyper|
|Motor Power||Rate Power: 5.5 KW Max Power: 8.5 KW|
|Top Speed||116 kmph|
|Range||170 km per charge|
|Charging Time||6.5 hours|
|Average Ex-Showroom Price||₹1,39,828|
|Ola S1 Pro Insurance Coverage Options||Third-party and/or Comprehensive Coverage|
Ola S1 Vs Ola S1 Pro Comparison
|Category||Ola S1||Ola S1 Pro|
|Colours||10 colours available||12 colours available|
|Weight||121 kg||125 kg|
|Drive Modes||Eco, Normal and Sports||Eco, Normal, Sports and Hyper|
|Motor Power||8.5 KW||8.5KW|
|Top Speed||95 kmph||116kmph|
|Range||121 km per charge||170 km per charge|
|Charging Time||4 hours||6.5 hours|
|Average Ex-Showroom Price||₹99,827||₹1,39,828|
Top 5 Competitors of the Ola S1 Pro
|Bike/Scooter Model Name||Average Ex-Showroom Price|
|Hero Vida V1||₹1,17,311|
|Ola Electric S1 Air||₹84,999|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does Tata AIG provide insurance for Ola S1 Pro?
We do provide e-bike insurance plans for Ola scooters under our portfolio. You can choose either a third-party or comprehensive insurance plan for your Ola S1 Pro when selecting your bike insurance policy.
2. What does an Ola S1 Pro insurance cover?
Depending on your insurance plan of choice, you get access to third-party coverage, personal accident coverage, total loss coverage, and add-on rider plans under a comprehensive Ola S1 Pro insurance plan.
3. Do I need to purchase add-ons for my Ola bike insurance?
Add-ons are not mandated when purchasing a comprehensive Ola insurance plan from our site. However, we recommend getting zero depreciation, and additional personal accident covers for your plan to get more robust coverage.
4. How do I file a claim for my Ola S1 Pro insurance?
*To file an insurance claim for your Ola S1 Pro scooter: *
You can visit our claims page or contact us through our toll-free number: 1800 266 7780, through our help desk page.
You must initiate your claims process and provide the necessary documents, like an FIR, your registration certificate and Ola insurance policy copy, and other requested documents specific to your claim.
You will be put in contact with an insurance agent who will guide you through the process.
Once your claim has been processed and approved, we will settle the claim amount directly to your bank account.
5. What documents do I need to get insurance for my Ola S1 Pro?
You must present your KYC documents, the Ola S1 Pro registration certificate, driver's licence, and previous insurance policy details (if any) to purchase an Ola S1 Pro insurance policy.
Disclaimer: All the prices and other information listed above pertain to a specific city and vehicle model. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest information before purchasing a vehicle or an insurance policy.
Reference links used:
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How to Claim Honda Bike Insurance?
To claim your Honda bike insurance, visit the Tata AIG website follow the steps given below:
Go to the Claims page. Click on ‘Initiate Claim’.
Provide the registered mobile number and click on Confirm to file your claim.
Enter your policy number, FIR details, driver information, personal contact information, etc. and submit your claim.
After receiving the required information, Tata AIG will review the claim and send the bike to a network garage for repairs, if required.
A claim settlement will be processed based on the damage caused to the bike.
The bike will be repaired and returned to you.
How To Renew Honda Bike Insurance?
To renew your Honda bike insurance, visit the Tata AIG bike insurance page. Enter the bike registration number in the calculator and click on Renew.
The calculator will populate the necessary bike details. Input other details like No Claim Bonus (NCB), change in add-ons, etc. The calculator will display the exact renewal premium amount for your Honda insurance policy. Make the payment.
Once the payment has been received, your Honda bike insurance policy will be renewed.
Keep in mind that there is a 90-day grace period for Tata AIG bike insurance after your policy has lapsed within which you can renew it without losing any benefits, such as NCB discounts.
What is the price of a Honda Bike?
The price range for a Honda Bike can be between ₹64,000 and ₹39 lakhs.
What are the available variants in Honda Bike?
Here are some models that you can consider:
- Honda Activa 6G
- Honda Dio
- Honda Shine
- Honda SP 125
- Honda Hness CB350
- Honda Activa 125
- Honda Livo BS6
- Honda XBlade
- Honda CD 110 Dream
- Honda Grazia BS6
- Honda CB350RS
- Honda Gold Wing
- Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin