Secure Your Hero Passion Pro Instantly
Hero Passion Pro Insurance
Insuring your new Hero Passion Pro is mandatory under the government's rules. Moreover, Hero two wheeler insurance is vital because it provides a safety bubble in case of unfortunate events like theft or accident. It will also take care of hospitalisation expenses for yourself if needed. With the right kind of policy, you can get the same kind of coverage for your pillion.
Hero Passion Pro Insurance Overview
The Passion Pro BS6 is a 113cc motorcycle from Hero, one of India's best-known and most popular bike manufacturers. It's available in the price range of Rs 66,500–68,700 after the latest price revision in November 2020.
The BS6-compliant Passion Pro comes with alloy wheels. This motorcycle is available in five colours: Glaze Black, Sports Red, Moon Yellow, Heavy Grey Metallic, and Techno Blue.
Let's take a look at the bike's key features and how you can get your Hero bike insurance.
Key features of the Hero Passion Pro
- The Hero Passion Pro's new BS6 113cc engine matched to a 4-speed gearbox delivers a power of 9.02 BHP, along with a Torque On Demand of 9.89 Nm at 5000 rpm. This is around 9% more than its predecessor, the Hero Passion XPro. The single-cylinder engine is air-cooled and has xSens with a programmed fuel injection system.
- The new Passion Pro has seen a substantial makeover. It comes equipped with an AutoSail technology that helps to prevent the bike from stalling in traffic, by reducing gear shifts. The bike's i3S sensor stops its engine automatically when it is idle.
- Also used in the Passion Pro BS6 is a throttle position sensor that monitors throttle twist, and a manifold absolute pressure sensor that senses changes to engine load. The latter helps while climbing uphill.
- An intake air temperature sensor monitors the ambient air temperature, to help you start in different weather conditions. A vehicle speed sensor to sense changing load at the rear wheel provides better pulling power for varying loads.
- One can expect a mileage of 60-65 kmpl on this bike.
- The Hero Passion Pro comes with a combined braking system (CBS).
- The BS6 version sees a 15 mm increase in ground clearance, ensuring a smoother ride. The front suspension has been raised by 15 mm.
- The bike also features a brighter headlamp and triple-tone graphics on the fuel tank. The model's instrument cluster is semi-digital.
- The bike comes with a 5-year warranty.
Insuring your Hero Passion Pro
Another important aspect covered by insurance is legal. Third-party insurance cover is mandatory in India. This covers expenses due to any damage to property, injury, or death to a third party arising out of an accident caused by your vehicle.
Compare various bike insurance policies and look at add-ons that you think would matter to you. Insurance companies offer add-ons like
- Zero depreciation cover,
- Add-on passenger cover, and
- Consumables cover, among others.
Spend some time checking out insurance companies before deciding on the right one for you. Apart from going through the policy's features and benefits, it is vital to check the insurance firm's claim payment capacity, claim settlement ration, and service.
Tata AIG offers you a comprehensive bike insurance policy that will cover you against loss or damage to your motorcycle, personal accident cover for you, and third-party liability. It will cover you for natural disasters, terrorist activity, accident, fire and self-ignition, among others. It will also cover you against bodily harm while driving or riding as pillion, or while getting on or off your bike.
This policy will also take care of the mandatory third-party coverage.
Tata AIG offers you a range of add-ons as per your needs. For instance, you can choose an additional personal accident cover for you as the registered owner, additional personal accident cover to unnamed persons – such as pillion or sidecar passenger – and additional third-party damage cover, among others.
You also have the option of choosing a depreciation allowance, or a consumables expenses option. Under the latter, the cost of consumables required to be replaced due to an accident is covered.
Registering your Hero Passion Pro
Apart from getting your Hero Passion Pro bike insurance, another mandatory step would be to get it registered at the regional transport office (RTO). Certain taxes, such as road tax, need to be paid. Registration charges and taxes would vary from state to state and according to the model. So, consult your dealer on the best way to go about registering your Hero Passion Pro. In New Delhi, you will have to spend around Rs 6000 on registration.
Competition for the Hero Passion Pro
The Hero Passion Pro, one of India’s longest-running commuter bikes, first hit the road in 2001. The Hero Passion Pro BS6 competes against the likes of the Bajaj Platina 110 H-Gear, the Honda CD110 Dream BS6, and the TVS Radeon.
If you've set your heart on the Passion Pro, make sure you #ThinkAhead, research your insurance options diligently and embark on a safe ride!
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.