Secure Your TVS Jupiter Scooter Instantly
TVS Jupiter Insurance
Along with your two-wheeler driving licence and bike registration, a TVS Jupiter bike insurance is also mandatory. Third-party two-wheeler insurance is a basic requirement under government laws. However, comprehensive insurance and choice of additional riders expand the protective cover for the two-wheeler, the rider, and even the co-passenger. Any accidental damage to your TVS Jupiter, physical harm to the rider and the pillion, coverage for hospitalisation, as well as a third-party liability (including damage, injury and death) can all be taken care of by a well-selected policy.
TVS Jupiter Scooter Insurance Overview
Jupiter was the third scooter launched by TVS, back in 2013. In the gearless scooter category, it challenged the domination of the Honda Activa. The scooter has a 110cc single-cylinder engine and offers fuel efficiency of 56 kmpl.
You can buy a TVS Jupiter in Delhi at an ex-showroom price of Rs 64,000 - Rs 71,000, depending on the variant (excluding accessories). From the least costly to the most expensive, the four variants of TVS Jupiter are TVS Jupiter, TVS Jupiter ZX, TVS Jupiter ZX Disc, and TVS Jupiter Classic.
You can choose from 15 colours while buying a TVS Jupiter: Indiblue, Midnight Black, Matte Silver, Pristine White, Mystic Gold, Volcano Red, Matte Blue, Titanium Grey, Walnut Brown, Starlight Blue, Royal Wine, Sunlit Ivory, Autumn Brown, Tech Blue, and Matte Starlight Blue.
Features of the TVS Jupiter
The designs and specifications of the TVS Jupiter have seen some cosmetic changes over the years. Let’s look at some of the standout features of this scooter:
- Its air-cooled engine generates a maximum power of 7.8 BHP at 7500 rpm and a peak torque of 8Nm at 5500 rpm. The smooth power generation is enhanced through Ignition Map Technology.
- The engine is coupled with a CVT transmission - a single-speed automatic gearbox. It generates a top speed of 85 kph with satisfactory pickup for city conditions.
- Jupiter provides good functional use with expansive footboard space and under-seat storage of 21 litres, externally located USB charger, retractable bag hooks, and the highly convenient external fuel tank cap.
- The look and design make the Jupiter well suited for both male and female riders. Distinctive design elements include handle-mounted headlights, apron-integrated indicators, beige panels, and black alloy wheels.
- The instrument cluster displays both economy and power modes along with tell-tale lights.
- The 12-inch wheels have tubeless tyres, which are accompanied by 130mm drum brakes and gas-filled rear suspension.
- An LED tail lamp gives it a sporty look that is perfect for zipping fashionably through the city.
- The vehicle has been upgraded to meet BS6 standards with several mechanical improvements and cosmetic changes.
- The front telescopic forks and preload-adjustable rear springs make the ride comfortable as the vehicle can tackle potholes and bad patches with relative ease.
Insuring your TVS Jupiter smartly
The TVS Jupiter insurance price is between Rs 5300 and Rs 5500, depending on the variant. However, the cost of insurance will differ from insurer to insurer and also on the type of cover selected. If you add several riders to the insurance, the premium will rise further.
TVS Jupiter insurance renewal and fresh purchase can be made through an agent, from the insurer’s office, or online. Jupiter insurance online purchase can also be made from the insurer’s official website or a third-party website. Most third-party websites allow you to compare insurance companies and their products. Apart from the premium, you should also consider the goodwill of the insurance company, the service they claim to provide, their reputation in settling claims, etc.
Leading insurance company TATA AIG offers attractive two wheeler insurance policies that can be ideal for your TVS Jupiter. By associating with the renowned brand, such as TATA AIG, you are assured of best-in-class service, transparent terms and conditions, and reliable claim settlement procedure.
With a comprehensive TATA AIG TVS Jupiter insurance policy, all loss or damages caused due to accident are covered for the insured vehicle. You also get protection from damage due to natural calamities, terrorist attacks, fire, theft etc. It also covers all third-party liabilities. Opting for only third-party insurance will protect you from liability arising out of damage to a third-party vehicle, injury to a third party, or even death.
TATA AIG two wheeler insurance can also be bought as a comprehensive policy plus additional riders such as return to invoice, depreciation allowance, personal accident cover to unnamed persons, third-party property damage, personal accident cover to owner-driver, emergency medical expenses, and consumables cover.
TVS Jupiter RTO charges
While buying your TVS Jupiter, you can ask the dealer to help you out with the registration. Merely buying a vehicle doesn’t make you the owner unless you register it. Registration of all vehicle is mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The new vehicle registration charges may include number plate fee, road tax, state development charge, etc. Together, these charges form a part of the on-road cost of the vehicle. RTO charges can vary from state to state.
Rivals to TVS Jupiter
Traditionally, TVS Jupiter is seen as arch-rival of the Honda Activa, the latter’s current model being named Honda Activa 6G. Honda Dio is another option for buyers who have a similar budget. On the more expensive side, there’s the Suzuki Access 125, Yamaha Fascino 125, and TVS’s own NTorq 125.
If you wish to zip through city traffic, a scooter is a great choice. TVS Jupiter is a trusted name in this segment and offers you all the convenience you need from a city ride. So, hop on one and set the roads ablaze!