Yamaha bike insurance for YZF-R1
Yamaha R1 Insurance
The Yamaha YZF R1 is the ideal machine for racing, and the reason is incredible high-end features, a powerful engine, excellent handling, and lighter kerb weight. YZF R1’s aesthetic Deltabox frame, sleeky LED headlamp unit, and appealing graphics only add to the bike’s style. If you like sports bikes, this is the one you should have in your garage, only if you are confident in your riding capabilities.
When investing in this two-wheeler, put some money towards comprehensive Yamaha R1 insurance. The policy will act as a financial shield against natural disasters, man-made calamities, and fires that may cause damage to your bike. It also assumes legal liability for any financial loss suffered by a third party as a result of an accident involving your two-wheeler, as well as any injuries sustained during the accident.
Yamaha Bike Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
The YZF R1 is a high-end sports bike that costs a lot of money. The YZF R1 is unquestionably ideal, whether you want to travel intercity by highway or race it on a track. However, your preparations will be for nought if your bike lacks valid two-wheeler insurance. In this scenario, Tata AIG comes in handy with its instant coverage feature. Here are the steps involved in Yamaha R1 insurance renewal.
- Go to Tata AIG's official website and scroll to the two-wheeler insurance section. You will find two options there: renewal and purchase.
- In case you wish to renew bike insurance online, enter your Yamaha registration number and click the 'Renew' option.
- If you are purchasing a policy from Tata AIG for the first time, then after you enter the necessary information, click on the 'Get Price' option.
- Next, fill out the insurance application form with all the relevant information.
- Determine your Yamaha R1 insured declared value (IDV) and pick the same from the drop-down menu.
- If you have previously filed a claim, indicate it on your application; otherwise, use the accumulated no-claim bonus or NCB (applicable only to renewal) to reduce your insurance premium cost.
- After completing the above steps, the premium will appear on your screen. You can also add riders here. But this will increase the premium amount slightly.
- Lastly, choose from different online transaction modes to complete the premium payment.
Following the successful payment, Tata AIG will dispatch your policy documents' softcopy to your email address. Apart from online renewal, Tata AIG offers offline renewal through any of its branch offices or a registered agent.
Yamaha R1 Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
Bike insurers decide on your Yamaha R1 insurance price after evaluating several variables. They look at the model year of your bike, the city of registration, the number of add-ons, and the IDV. The IDV is the most important of all because it is the maximum amount your insurer will reimburse if your bike is irreparably damaged or stolen. IDV and premium are proportional to one another. It means that as the IDV rises, so will the policy cost, and vice versa.
Many bikers declare incorrect IDV to lower their insurance costs. But this action only leads to the rejection of their claim application form. Hence, you must use a Tata AIG insurance premium calculator to calculate the exact IDV. You can also calculate this value manually by subtracting depreciation from the invoice value of your bike.
You can use our bike insurance calculator to calculate your Yamaha bike insurance renewal price.
Add-ons for Yamaha Bike Insurance by Tata AIG
Motor vehicle accidents have become increasingly common over the years. Non-compliance with traffic rules, damaged roads, and pedestrian carelessness is to blame for this. When road mishaps or other uncertainties occur while riding, your comprehensive insurance policy may not always be helpful. For example, if your bike breaks down on a lonely highway and requires immediate mechanical assistance, your standard policy will be ineffective.
To deal with such challenges, Tata AIG offers eight add-ons that go beyond your policy's basic coverage. You can keep your ride financially secure from almost all uneven situations by paying a small additional premium. The available add-ons are –
- Consumable expense cover
- Return-to-invoice covers
- Depreciation allowance
- Personal accident cover
- Emergency medical expenses
- Roadside assistance cover
- Additional coverage for third-party property damage
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Yamaha Bike Insurance
|What is covered?||What is not covered?th>|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused during driving without a driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of the bike|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to racing activities, speed tests, and durability tests|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Yamaha R1 Insurance?
The Yamaha brand is known for its powerful motorcycles, and the YZF R1, its premium model, is no exception. It sports a powerful engine, a strong body, superior safety features, and various cutting-edge technologies to make your ride safe and comfortable on both the street and the race track. But given the high cost of this bike, even minor damage in an accident can be costly. Thus, it is advised to purchase standard insurance for a bike from a reputable insurer such as Tata AIG. Here are the top five reasons why purchasing bike insurance from Tata AIG is a good decision.
- Tata AIG is a well-known name in the insurance industry, with a stellar customer service record of satisfying over five crore people to date. The company's presence in India grows stronger with each passing year.
- The repair and maintenance costs of such an expensive sports bike can be taxing on your wallet. Tata AIG can assist you in this regard by providing cashless repair services at over 8700 network garages.
- You can easily customise your R1 insurance by selecting from eight add-ons and boosting the policy coverage.
- Tata AIG has a simple claim settlement process which only requires the completion of four steps. Moreover, it has the industry's best claim settlement ratio of 98%.
- Tata AIG allows you to save up to 50% on the premium for your policy's own-damage cover. You only have to avoid irrelevant claims to receive this benefit.
Overview - Yamaha YZF R1 Bike Model
Yamaha has discontinued selling the R1 model in the Indian market for the time being, but the company intends to return with an upgraded version of this bike in the first half of 2023. This bike's previous model was notable for its stylish appearance, powerful engine, and numerous high-end technologies. The R1 has a 998 cc four-cylinder engine with a cross-plane layout architecture. The engine further has a digital TCI ignition system and a liquid cooling system.
The YZF R1 has a top speed of 299 km/h and can reach 100 mph in 5.73 seconds. In terms of styling, the R1 has LED headlamps and DRLs to give the front a more aggressive appearance. Another eye-catching feature of this bike is the graphics and colour scheme.
Technical features of Yamaha YZF R1
- Users reported mileage of 16 kmpl
- Engine displacement of 998 cc
- Maximum torque of 112.4 Nm @ 11,500 rpm
- Maximum power of 194.3 bhp @ 13,500 rpm
- Fuel capacity of 17 litres
Yamaha YZF R1 Bike Price in India and its Variants
In India, Yamaha has ceased the manufacturing of YZF R1. The bike was previously available in a single version and two different colours – Yamaha Blue and Tech Black. The last known ex-showroom price of the YZF R1 two-wheeler was Rs 19,83,531, and it does not include road tax, registration charges, and insurance costs. However, this bike is available for a much lower price on the used two-wheeler market. If you want this bike’s new and upgraded version, you may have to wait until the first half of 2023.
|Variants||Price (on road)|
|YZF R1 (older version)||₹19,83,531|
|YZF R1 (newer version)||₹20,39,000 (expected price)|
Unique Selling Points: Yamaha YZF R1 Bike Features
The YZF R1 is a class sports bike with almost every advanced feature one could want in a dream bike. The lower kerb weight, better ground clearance, comfortable seat height, and larger wheelbase ensure that you never feel disappointed on the racetrack. The bike's other distinguishing features are listed below.
- Yamaha has integrated a new Quick Shift System in the R1 that enables clutch-free downshifting. It also includes an advanced Lift Control System to help you maintain proper balancing on the racetrack.
- The electronic safety features of the YZF R1 include anti-wheelie control, banking-sensitive traction control, a unified braking system, and slide and launch control.
- The advanced features of this bike include a lap timer, digital tachometer, track and street ride mode, TFT instrument cluster, ride-by-wire throttle system, and a few more.
Rivals of Yamaha YZF-R1 Bike
The YZF R1 belongs to the class sports bikes category, which is still uncommon in India and is mostly found in the garages of bike diehards. In addition, you will find only a handful of R1 competitors on the market. These are –
- BMW S 1000 R
- Ducati Panigale V2
- Aprilia Tuono V4
- BMW R 1250 GS
- Triumph Tiger 1200
- Ducati Xdiavel
- Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250
- Ducati Diavel 1260
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I file a Yamaha YZF-R1 Insurance claim?
Raising your claim for Yamaha insurance is simple if you have coverage with Tata AIG. Here are the four steps involved in the claim process.
- Browse the Tata AIG website and navigate to the bike insurance section to complete the claim form. Submit your personal details, policy number, and FIR information.
- Following your claim application submission, the insurer will send a surveyor to the accident scene to assess the extent of damage to your vehicle.
- After the survey, you can tow your YZF-R1 to the service centre for repairs.
- Next, the Tata AIG claim team will review the inspection report. And, if the policy covers the nature of the damage, the claim will be processed.
If it is a reimbursement claim, the claim amount will be credited to your account within a few days. In the case of a cashless claim, the repair bill will be settled directly with the garage owner.
What factors influence the cost of Yamaha's two-wheeler insurance?
Every factor that increases the insurer's liability or raises the likelihood of a claim affects your premium. These include –
- Manufacturing year
- Model and variant
- Sum-insured amount
- Place of registration
- Voluntary deductible amount
- Number of add-ons chosen
- Mode of policy purchase/renewal
How can I reduce the cost of my Yamaha insurance?
You can reduce your policy premium by working on factors that reduce the insurer's liability during the claim process. These include –
- Installation of anti-theft device. This reduces the likelihood of your bike being stolen.
- Ride carefully and avoid filing frivolous claims. This will help you earn NCB rewards, which you can use to lower your premium by 50%.
- Increase voluntary deductible amount. This reduces the insurer's liability but increases your out-of-pocket costs during repairs.
- Avoid aftermarket modifications. Most alterations are illegal, while others simply increase your premium while degrading performance.
Is the Yamaha YZF-R1 a good bike?
Yes, if you are looking for a two-wheeler in the sport bike segment, the Yamaha R1 is an excellent choice. It has excellent mileage even with a larger displacement engine, a lighter kerb weight, and several high-tech features. If you have this bike in your garage, purchase comprehensive insurance to protect it from financial loss in the event of an accident.
How can I renew my Yamaha YZF-R1 bike insurance with Tata AIG?
Yamaha R1 insurance renewal can be done both online and offline. You must connect with a Tata AIG registered agent or visit the company's branch office to renew your policy offline. For online renewal, visit Tata AIG's official website. Furthermore, because there is no mediator involved in the online process, the premium is much lower.
How much does the Yamaha YZF R1 base model cost?
The previous model of Yamaha R1, which has been discontinued, was only available in a single variant but in two distinct colours. However, the company intends to launch an upgraded version of this bike in the first half of 2023, with an exclusive showroom price of around ₹20,39,000.
Is it mandatory to purchase Yamaha YZF R1 insurance?
Yes, the Motor Vehicle Act requires you to have third-party liability insurance on your Yamaha motorcycle before you hit the road. But, this policy does not cover damage to your Yamaha motorcycle. Thus, you must purchase an own-damage cover or comprehensive insurance. You can also purchase optional riders to broaden the scope of your policy coverage. But for that, you must pay a bit extra on premium.