Bajaj Boxer Insurance
Bajaj Boxer Insurance Online
One of the most popular bikes of its time, the Bajaj Boxer is known for its strength, ruggedness, endurance and durability. Apart from its Indian popularity, Bajaj Boxer has been the largest-selling bike in the African continent and is used as a moto-taxi in more than 30 countries across Africa.
So, a precious and reliable bike like Bajaj Boxer must be protected with a suitable insurance policy considering multiple threats. But before you opt for an insurance policy for your bike, understand the types of motor insurance available. You must also remember to compare two-wheeler insurance online to make the best choice.
The types of insurance policies in India include a third-party liability cover, standalone own damage policy and comprehensive insurance. Third-party liability cover protects you from financial liabilities arising from third-party injury and damage. On the other hand, standalone own damage compensates for its own damage as well. As the name suggests, comprehensive insurance offers comprehensive protection to your bike from threats like theft, vandalism, natural calamities, accidental damage, etc.
With Tata AIG, you can buy the above-mentioned bike insurance policies tailored to meet your needs. The add-on covers allow you to enhance your policy coverage and give your Bajaj Boxer maximum care. For the purchase of a suitable Bajaj Boxer insurance policy, the step-by-step procedure is discussed below.
Bajaj Boxer Insurance Renewal/New Purchase via Tata AIG
To purchase Bajaj bike Insurance online, you can either visit the nearest Tata AIG office to buy the policy offline or Tata AIG’s website to buy the policy online. While purchasing Bajaj Boxer insurance online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Bike Insurance page on Tata AIG’s website.
- Enter your bike registration number in the space provided.
- Click “Renew” for renewing your bike insurance policy or “Get a Price” for a new issue.
- Fill out the form displayed to get a quote for your Bajaj bike insurance.
- Select the suitable Insured Declared Value (IDV) from the list.
- Notify the insurance provider about past claims, as you can benefit from a No Claim Bonus if you have not filed any claim in the past.
- After providing all the required information, you would know the premium for your bike insurance policy.
- To enhance your Bajaj Boxer insurance coverage, you can pick from 12 unique riders offered at extra costs.
- Make the payment by choosing from the digital payment options, after which you will be sent a soft copy of your Bajaj two-wheeler insurance through an email.
Bajaj Boxer Insurance Price - Your Premium Amount
The Bajaj Boxer insurance cost is calculated using the bike’s Insured Declared Value which is the amount paid by the insurance company in case of the bike’s total loss or damage. The IDV of the bike is determined using several factors like the make and model, location, cubic capacity, ex-showroom price, and type of use of the bike. You can also know the IDV of your Bajaj Boxer with the help of the two-wheeler insurance premium calculator online or by visiting a nearby local dealer.
Add-ons for Bajaj Boxer Insurance by Tata AIG
A comprehensive insurance for 2-wheelers is better than a third-party bike insurance policy. Still, it may not suffice considering the increase in accidents, crimes and natural disasters. Therefore, enhancing your policy coverage by adding suitable add-ons can be a wise step. With Tata AIG, you can pick from the 12 unique riders that are as follows:
- Key Replacement
- Engine Secure
- Tyre Secure
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expense Cover
- Consumables Expense Cover
- Return to Invoice cover
- Loss of Personal Belongings
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts
- Daily Allowance cover
Before purchasing insurance for your bike, keep in mind that opting for add-on covers will give you added benefits, but your Bajaj Boxer insurance cost will shoot up. Therefore, we recommend you carefully assess your requirements before selecting add-on covers.
Things Covered/Not Covered Under Tata AIG’s Bajaj Boxer Bike Policy
While buying insurance for your Bajaj Boxer, you must also know about the inclusions and exclusions under the policy. This helps you make an informed decision. The table below gives a simple overview of several inclusions and exclusions under Bajaj Boxer insurance.
|Things covered under Bajaj Boxer Bike Insurance||Things not covered under Bajaj Boxer Bike Insurance|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused during driving without a driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism, or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of the bike|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to racing activities|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Why Is It Important to Have Tata AIG for your Bajaj Boxer Insurance Online?
Tata AIG offers an array of bike insurance policies that include third-party, standalone own damage and comprehensive insurance that are tailored to suit your vehicle requirements. Below are the reasons why you should buy insurance for your Bajaj Boxer from Tata AIG:
- Tata AIG has been protecting people’s dream vehicles for more than 20 years. Known for its high customer satisfaction, the company has over 5 crores happy customers.
- With an extensive network of cashless garages, Tata AIG offers a seamless and cashless claim process.
- With Tata AIG’s unique riders or add-ons, you can tailor your bike insurance according to your needs at extra premiums. The 12 unique riders complement your bike insurance and ensure your bike’s maximum protection.
- Proud to have a claim settlement ratio of 98% in the financial year 2020-21, Tata AIG offers an easy claim settlement process without
You can trust Tata AIG and choose us not only for your Bajaj Boxer but also for any Bajaj two-wheeler insurance.
Overview – Bajaj Boxer Bike Models and Price
- Bajaj Boxer
Bajaj Boxer has a 4-stroke, oil-cooled, single-cylinder engine with a 100cc capacity. The powerful bike churns a 7.7bhp power and is equipped with a 10-litre fuel tank that provides up to 65kmpl of mileage. With a 4-speed transmission, the commuter bike has a twin fork telescopic suspension in the front and a rear hydraulic suspension.
- Bajaj Boxer 150
Bajaj Boxer 150 comes with a 144.80 cc engine displacement delivering 12bhp power and 12.26Nm of torque. With a 4-stroke air-cooled engine and 11 litres of fuel capacity, the bike offers mileage up to 58 kmpl. Bajaj Boxer 150 is equipped with a fork travel suspension in front and rear SNS suspension, ensuring a smooth riding experience.
Bajaj Boxer CT Deluxe
Bajaj Boxer CT Deluxe has a 4-stroke air-cooled single-cylinder engine with a 99.27cc capacity. With a 4-speed transmission, the bike churns 8.2bhp power and 8.05Nm of torque. The commuter bike has a telescopic front suspension and a hydraulic rear suspension. With a 9.3-litre fuel tank, the bike offers a top speed of 90kmph.
Now discontinued in India, the price of a Bajaj Boxer ranged from ₹42,000 - ₹45,000.
Unique Selling points: Bajaj Boxer Bike Features
Bajaj Boxer is an excellent combination of fuel efficiency and power, which makes it suitable for all types of terrains. While the naturally cooled engine ensures the engine doesn’t overheat on long rides, the ExhausTEC feature with Torque Expansion Chamber enhances the bike’s riding experience by providing maximum fuel efficiency. With the SNS (Spring Inside Spring) rear suspension, the bike offers a comfortable and smooth ride. Due to its high demand, Bajaj Boxer is the most exported bike from India and is used widely in African countries.
Rivals of Bajaj Boxer
Some of the rival bikes of Bajaj Boxer are as follows:
- Hero Splendor Plus
- Bajaj CT 110 ES
- Bajaj Platina 110
- Suzuki Supra
- TVS Radeon
- TVS Star City Plus
- TVS Sport
- Hero HF Deluxe
Frequently Asked Question
1. How to Renew Bajaj Boxer bike Insurance?
For Bajaj bike insurance renewal, follow the simple steps below:
- Visit the Bike Insurance page on the Tata AIG website.
- Enter your Bajaj Boxer’s registration number and click the “Renew” option.
- Fill out the form given with the correct details about your bike.
- To get a suitable premium amount, select the correct IDV of your bike.
- Notify the insurance company about the previous claims to avail of the No Claim Bonus.
- You can choose from the add-on options if you wish to enhance your policy coverage.
- Choose any digital payment option to make the payment, after which you will receive a soft copy via email.
2. How to make a bike insurance claim?
The claim settlement process of bike insurance includes the following steps:
- You can file a claim by either calling on 1800- 266-7780 or visiting the “Claims Support” page on the Tata AIG website.
- Now fill in the required information.
- You will receive a link on your registered mobile number for self-inspection.
- Ensure to fill in the correct details about the bike’s damages in the self-inspection form.
- A surveyor will also visit to inspect the bike.
- You can either make a cashless claim at the network garages or ask for reimbursement for the damages.
- To file a claim settlement, you need to submit the following documents: Claim form, FIR if present, address and identity proofs, and insurance policy documents.
- You can also track the claim settlement process online.
- Once the company examines your claim, it will be approved and settled.
3. Is Bajaj Boxer available?
Bajaj Boxer has been discontinued and is no longer available for sale in India.
4. Which bikes rival Bajaj Boxer?
Some of the rival bikes of Bajaj Boxer are Bajaj CT 110 ES, Bajaj Platina 110, Suzuki Supra Hero Splendor Plus, TVS Radeon, TVS Star City Plus, etc.
5. How is the IDV of the bike calculated?
IDV is the value of the bike, which is paid by the insurance company if your bike gets stolen or damaged beyond repair. The table below shows how IDV is calculated after considering the depreciation of the bike over the years.
Other factors that determine the IDV of the bike are as follows:
- Make and model of the bike
- Age of the bike
- Registration date and city
- Type of fuel
- Type of insurance policy
- Policy duration