Royal Enfield Continental GT Insurance
Royal Enfield Continental GT insurance
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 was launched in 2017 and garnered a lot of acclaim from critics and bike enthusiasts alike. The Continental GT 650 is an ode to the café racer and rock-n-roll culture of the 50s and 60s. It is modelled after the Continental GT 250 and, in terms of appearance, takes after the vintage bikes of the 50s and 60s. However, its contemporary ergonomics with state-of-the-art features make it a vehicle that balances tradition and modernity. The bike has new and updated features that make way for a fun and dynamic riding experience on all terrains.
No bike, however strong, is enough to tackle unexpected emergencies and eventualities, and no vehicle, including the mighty Continental GT 650, is 100% safe from accidents, injuries, and other damages. Ultimately, irrespective of the bike model, brand, or legacy, all bikes need a bike insurance policy.
A (third-party) bike insurance policy is mandatory in India per the prevailing motor vehicle laws of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1961. There are three types of insurance for bikes – third-party, own-damage, and comprehensive bike insurance.
Third-party policies only protect other riders, their bike, and their property. While own damage protects you, your bike, and your property. But comprehensive bike insurance provides all-rounder protection against theft, damage beyond repair, accidents and injuries arising due to them, loss or damage of car parts, and damage caused due to natural and man-made calamities, among other scenarios. It is wise to consider comprehensive insurance for bikes. Read on to know how Tata AIG can help you with your bike insurance needs.
Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 insurance renewal/ Buy via Tata AIG
Buying or renewing bike insurance at Tata AIG is quick, simple, and hassle-free because the process is 100% digital. Instead of buying Royal Enfield Insurance offline, you can buy or renew insurance for bikes with us from the comfort of your home and in a few easy steps. Save yourself the time, effort, and delays of offline purchases. Moreover, you can gain up to 75% in discounts with us on premiums payable and enjoy a lowered Royal Enfield insurance price. Begin with visiting the Tata AIG website and follow the next steps:
- Go to the ‘All Products Section’ and click on Motor Insurance - Bike Insurance. Enter your bike registration number.
- Once you input your registration number, click on ‘Get Price’ for a new Royal Enfield bike insurance policy or on ‘Renew’ for a Royal Enfield insurance renewal.
- Fill out the bike insurance form where you have to enter details like your name, number, policy expiration date, previous claim history, and any other details prompted on the screen.
- Enter the Insured declared value (IDV) of your bike from the list of IDVs or input a custom one. The IDV is the market value of your vehicle and the maximum sum assured/ coverage you can receive under a bike insurance policy.
- If you haven’t filed a bike insurance claim in the previous years, aka have no claim history, you get awarded with a no-claim bonus (NCB) which is a discount on the bike insurance policy premiums.
- You can select the Royal Enfield Insurance policy as it is or choose from 7 unique and customisable add-ons/ riders to enhance the insurance coverage of your Continental GT 650.
- After submitting the requested details, you will get a quote for the premiums payable for the Royal Enfield insurance renewal or a fresh Royal Enfield insurance policy.
- After finalising the bike insurance policy and completing the payment, you will receive an e-copy of your Royal Enfield bike insurance policy on your email/ number.
Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Insurance Cost – Your Premium Amount
Your Royal Enfield insurance price for a new bike insurance policy or a renewal will depend on specific fluctuating factors, including
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your bike or the current market value of your bike. It is the maximum amount payable under the Royal Enfield bike insurance policy during claim settlement per the prevailing market value.
- The age, make, and model of your bike. The standard rule is that the older your bike is, the lower the premiums get because of reduced value.
- The type of bike insurance policy chosen – third-party, comprehensive, or own-damage. A third-party or own-damage bike insurance policy generally costs less than comprehensive insurance for bikes.
- Your age, driving record, and geographical location of the bike. The general rule entails higher bike insurance policy prices in cities/ metropolitans than in tier-2 and tier-3 locations.
- Engine (cubic) capacity of the bike. The higher the cubic capacity, the higher the premiums. The presence of safety devices or modifications to the bike increases its monetary value in the market.
- Any NCB benefits or premium discounts.
To see the factors that influence the Royal Enfield insurance price and get an accurate estimate of bike insurance for your Continental GT 650, you can use the free bike insurance premium calculator on the Tata AIG website. You get to see the price of short- and long-term two-wheeler insurance.
Add-ons for Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 insurance by Tata AIG
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 has a very powerful and torquey engine of 648cc. With an engine and pick-up speed as fast and powerful as this, it is only prudent to take precautions to protect yourself, your bike, and your fellow riders/ drivers on the road. And you can do this with bike insurance. Bike insurance, in particular, comprehensive bike insurance will protect all three factors from danger or damage. If you are still confused about the importance of bike insurance, you should know that it is a necessity in India as India is one of the most accident-prone countries. In fact, it ranks first in accidents due to the unpredictable terrains, multiple potholes, narrow highway lanes, same lanes for big and small vehicles, and poor infrastructure of the country. Stats also suggest that two-wheelers contribute more to accidents than four-wheelers. Moreover, it is also a legal mandate to get at least third-party bike insurance in India per the prevailing motor vehicle laws. But instead of only getting third-party bike insurance, why not opt for comprehensive insurance for bikes? You can even consider extra protection with add-ons/ riders that will protect your bike against several unforeseen eventualities. Tata AIG offers 7 add-ons for your Royal Enfield bike insurance policy:
- Personal accident cover that provides a predetermined sum to your nominees (chosen family members) in case of your unfortunate demise/ physical injury due to an accident.
- Depreciation allowance cover that covers the depreciation of your bike parts and pays their original value during repair/ replacement.
- Return to invoice cover that reimburses the original purchase/ invoice cost of your bike in case of its theft or total damage.
- Emergency medical expense cover that pays for the emergency medical expenses of you or the pillion rider in the aftermath of injuries due to an accident.
- Roadside Assistance Cover that provides immediate mechanic services on the breakdown of your Continental GT 650 in a remote location.
- Third-party property damage cover that provides a sum over and above the base coverage under the bike insurance policy on the damage of a third-party’s property.
- Consumables Expense cover that covers the cost of replacing bike consumables damaged/ lost due to an accident.
Bear in mind that opting for additional coverage can spike your Continental GT 650 Insurance Cost. Therefore, carefully assess the requirement of add-ons.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s insurance for bikes
Ever since its inception, Tata AIG has adopted a customer-first approach in all its dealings. We can attribute most of our success and goodwill to our honest and transparent approach to our customers and our adherence to integrity. Even in today’s fast-paced world of quick decisions and compulsive buys, we make sure our customers stop to look at a product’s offerings in detail and decide whether it fits their needs and budget. We have a 100% disclosure practice where we disclose every T&C of our Continental GT 650 Insurance policy. We offer our customers a free-look period of 15 days where they can peruse the policy wordings in detail before finalising a GT Insurance insurance policy with us. We want our customers to make informed decisions, so we encourage them to go through this table of coverage of what Tata AIG’s bike insurance policy covers and does not cover.
|What Tata AIG Continental GT 650 Insurancecovers||What Tata AIG Continental GT 650 Insurance does not cover|
|Damage and loss to your Continental GT 650 from natural calamities like floods, cyclones, and earthquakes.||Damage to your Continental GT 650 due to nuclear perils, mutiny, war, or other warlike operations|
|Damage and loss to your bike due to man-made disasters like riots, strikes, explosions, terrorist attacks, and other malicious man-induced acts||Damage caused to your bike during a burglary/ breaking and entering|
|Damage caused to your bike through travel in railways, airways, waterways, and roadways||Damage caused to your bike due to its use for racing, speed/ crash testing, and other reliability checks|
|Theft of the bike and damages or death caused to third parties, damage to their vehicle and property||Damage to the bike caused outside the geographical territory of India|
|Medical coverage up to ₹15 lakhs for physical injuries caused to you by an accident||Any time-borne loss, ageing, general wear and tear, and mechanical and electrical breakdown of the bike|
|Add-on covers like the: Depreciation allowance cover Return to invoice cover Personal accident cover for owner-driver Third-party property damage cover Consumables expense cover Emergency medical expenses cover Roadside assistance cover||Damages caused to the bike due to your own negligence including instances where you: Ride without an active licence Ride without a helmet Ride under the influence of intoxicants/ alcohol/ drugs Ride in a flood-prone/ natural calamity area Give your bike for commercial use|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Insurance insurance?
Buying a bike is very different from caring for a bike. When you buy a bike with the intention of giving it the best care and treatment, it should naturally involve getting insurance for bikes. Especially for a premium budget bike like the Continental GT 650. Any vehicle is a valuable investment, and to reap the most benefit from it, you must give it timely attention. You need insurance from someone who knows how valuable your bike is to you and goes all the way to secure it.
Tata AIG and its team of claim experts understand the effort behind any purchase and the financial security a two-wheeler requires. We know a bike is a lifelong goal for many and that in the pursuit of the dream, rider-owners can often forget that no bike, however expensive or durable, is free from unexpected accidents and injuries. We aim to serve bike owners by providing all-rounder bike insurance online and offline. Here are a few reasons to trust and consider us for your bike insurance needs:
- We have over 20+ years of experience in the insurance industry and have established trust and goodwill with our clientele due to our consistent performance over the years.
- To reiterate the point above, in FY 2020-2021, we settled over 98% of our bike insurance claims.
- We have an expert team of 650+ agents that provide 24x7 assistance to 5+ crore diverse and happy customers.
- We have a seamless, digital, and time-saving claim settlement, renewal, and buying process. We have a quick turnaround time for settling insurance claims.
- You can use your smartphone to carry out self-inspection with us from anywhere in the country.
- Our network of over 8,700 trusted garages reaches even the remotest of locations.
- You can get up to 50% discount in NCBs and up to 75% discount on premiums with us.
- We offer 7 add-ons to enhance the protection of your bike.
Overview – Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 bike model
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 is a perfect mix of vintage classic and modern-day appeal. It honours the fun and adventurous café’ racer culture of the 50s and 60s in London through its retro appearance but lives up to the demands of today with its contemporary build, performance, and features. The Continental GT 650 has a potent 648cc engine, twin-piston Bosch dual-channel ABS, and a dynamite chassis and suspension. It has an excellent throttle response and can cruise effortlessly on any terrain. The bike offers smooth riding, unparalleled agility, and superior balance.
Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Variants
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 is available in 5 variants, based on its colours. The starting price of the Continental GT 650 is ₹2,98,000, and the ending price is ₹3,20,000 – the exact price varies in showrooms from city to city. The bike is available in Rocker Red, British Racing Green, Ventura Storm, Dux Deluxe, and Mr Clean. These names don’t give a clear indication of the exact colours, but you can see what each colour looks like on the Royal Enfield website.
|Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 British Racing Green||₹2,98,000|
|Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Rocker Red||₹2,98,000|
|Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe||₹3,06,000|
|Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Ventura Storm||₹3,06,000|
|Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Mr Clean||₹3,20,000|
Unique Selling Points: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Features
Because the Continental GT 650 pays homage to its predecessor’s style yet serves the fast-paced demands of today’s rider, it has many unique selling points (USPs). They include:
- A BS-6 compliant, fuel-injected, 648cc engine built for real-world riding on diverse terrains
- Shining, sculpted, and hand-polished alloy-rimmed wheels
- Twin-piston Brembo derived callipers
- Six-speed gearbox with assist/ slipper clutch
- Twin-pod cluster with analogue, and digital pods
Rivals of Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
Some of the most popular rival bikes of the Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 include:
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250
- KTM 390 Adventure
- KTM 390 Duke
- KTM RC 390
- Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Kawasaki Ninja 300
- Harley Davidson Street 750
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Can you add riders/ add-ons to a third-party bike insurance policy?
Can you add riders/ add-ons to a third-party bike insurance policy?
No, you cannot add riders/ add-ons to a third-party bike insurance policy as it is a standard/ basic bike insurance policy that only protects third parties, their vehicles, and their property from damage. For riders, you must opt for a comprehensive bike policy.
What is better – third party, own damage, or comprehensive bike insurance?
Each type of bike insurance policy offers its own benefits to the policyholder and has its pros and cons. A third-party policy will provide basic coverage but is cheaper than comprehensive bike insurance. Comprehensive bike insurance will provide holistic coverage but is heavier on the pocket. The ultimate decision will depend on your exact needs and budget.
How to claim your Continental GT 650 insurance online?
Tata AIG offers a seamless 6-step claim filing process for your Continental GT 650 insurance policy. All you have to do is:
- Visit the bike insurance page and click on the claim option. Register your insurance claim on the claim form.
- Submit details like your insurance policy number, FIR, trace report, and other personal info. Note the claim registration number after submission of the claim form.
- You will receive a self-inspection link where you have to upload photos of the damaged bike. This will not apply in the case of a stolen Royal Enfield bike. Additionally, we will send a surveyor to your bike to inspect the scope of damage and prepare a damage report.
- Once your claim gets approved, you can choose a network or a non-network garage to send your bike to.
- Choose between cashless claim settlement or reimbursement. In cashless claim settlement, we will send your bike to the chosen network garage for repair and directly take care of all the expenses. In reimbursement mode, you can send the Royal Enfield bike to any garage of your preference, pay the expenses, and send the receipts to us.
- Once your bike gets repaired, we will settle the claim through cashless claim settlement or reimbursement.
Once the bike finishes repair, you will receive it, and the claim process will stand completed.
How much will Continental GT 650 insurance be?
The cost of the Continental GT 650 insurance will depend on the IDV of the bike. The IDV is the current market value of a vehicle, which in turn, depends on factors like the age of the bike, its make and model, engine type and cubic capacity, and others.