Yamaha MT-15 Bike Insurance
Yamaha MT 15 insurance
The Yamaha brand of bikes is the pinnacle of Japanese excellence and requires no introduction to even non-bike enthusiasts. Yamaha has over a century of experience in the automobile industry and is a household name in every corner of the world. Yamaha came to India in about 1985, and the rest is history. Now, you can see every other person with a bike from the legendary brand. Yamaha’s USP has always been giving its riders the rush of adrenaline but without compromising their safety. Falling in line with its USP is the most recent of its models – the Yamaha MT-15 2.0. The Yamaha MT-15 was launched in March 2019 as a BS-6 compliant bike. BS6 bikes are more environmentally friendly and are a mandate in India as the government has banned BS4 vehicles.
The MT-15 packs powerful and aggressive features like the 155cc engine, aluminium swing arms, and upside-down forks for free movement and ease of swiftly changing direction. It can navigate any terrain in India because its aluminium swing arms have excellent balance. The bike has a sporty, sturdy, and yet lightweight design. But even though the Yamaha MT-15 is strong enough to tackle diverse roads, it is not 100% free from accidents, injuries, and other unforeseen eventualities. Ultimately, irrespective of the bike model or brand, all bikes need a bike insurance policy.
A bike insurance policy, at least a third-party one, is mandatory in India per the prevailing motor vehicle laws. But word from the wise – it is better to get a comprehensive bike insurance policy as it provides holistic and all-rounder protection against theft, damage beyond repair, accidents and injuries arising due to them, loss or damage of car parts, and damage caused due to natural and man-made calamities, among other scenarios. Read on to know how insurance for 2-wheelers, especially with Tata AIG, can help you and how you can renew Yamaha bike insurance online.
Yamaha MT 15 Insurance Renewal
Buying insurance for 2-wheelers is quick and simple with Tata AIG. We have a seamless digital buying process where you can buy Yamaha bike insurance or carry out your Yamaha bike insurance renewal in a few easy steps. You can buy the bike insurance policy offline as well, but why do that when you can get it from the comfort of your home? In fact, buying Yamaha bike insurance online can get you discounts on premiums up to 75%. It can also save you time. Start with visiting the Tata AIG website and:
- Go to the Bike Insurance page. Enter your bike registration number starting with your state code – for instance, MH for Maharashtra.
- Click on Get Price for a new Yamaha bike insurance policy or on Renew for a Yamaha bike insurance renewal.
- Fill out the bike insurance form and enter details like your number, name, the Insured declared value (IDV) of your bike, policy expiration date, and any other details prompted on the screen.
- Enter the information of any previous claim history. If you haven’t filed a bike insurance claim in the previous years, you get awarded a no-claim bonus (NCB). An NCB is a discount on the bike insurance policy premiums.
- You can select the bike insurance policy as it is or choose from 7 unique and customisable add-ons/ riders to enhance the insurance coverage of your Yamaha MT-15. These riders include depreciation allowance cover, return to invoice cover, and more
- After submitting the necessary details, you will get a quote for the premiums payable for the Yamaha MT 15 insurance renewal price or a fresh bike insurance policy.
- You will receive an e-copy of your Yamaha MT 15 insurance policy on your email/ number after you complete the payment for the bike insurance policy.
Yamaha MT 15 Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
Your Yamaha bike insurance renewal price or price for new bike insurance will depend on various factors, including —
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your bike. The IDV is the most crucial factor in determining the premium price. It is the current market value of your bike payable under the Yamaha bike insurance policy during claim settlement.
- The age, make, and model of your bike also influence the IDV. The older your bike is, the lower the premiums will be.
- The type of bike insurance policy and scope of coverage chosen – comprehensive, own-damage, or third party. A third-party bike insurance policy will be cheaper than comprehensive insurance for 2-wheelers.
- Any NCB benefits or premium discounts for buying the Yamaha MT 15 insurance online.
- Your age, your driving record/ performance history, and the geographical location of the bike. For instance, the bike insurance policy prices will be higher in cities due to the traffic and presence of more cars compared to small towns and villages.
- Engine (cubic) capacity of the bike. The higher the cubic capacity, the higher the premiums.
- Addition of safety devices or expensive modifications to the bike.
To see the factors that influence the premiums and get an accurate estimate of Yamaha bike insurance for your Yamaha MT-15, you can use the free bike insurance premium calculator on the Tata AIG website. You can even compare two-wheeler insurance quotes through the calculator and see which one aligns with your needs and budget best.
Add-ons for Yamaha MT 15 insurance by Tata AIG
If you are on the fence about getting insurance for 2-wheelers, you should know that there is a good reason for you to consider it a necessity. Apart from the fact that it is a legal mandate to have at least third-party insurance for 2-wheelers in India, it is essential to get insurance because India has the highest number of road accidents. Part of this is due to the diverse and unpredictable terrains of the country, including potholes, the same lanes for big and small vehicles, poor infrastructure, and trafficked metropolitans. Two-wheelers, in fact, contribute more to accidents than four-wheelers, and evidence suggests that the smaller the wheels, the more cautious you should be.
So, with a two-wheeler, especially as powerful and torquey as the Yamaha MT-15, it becomes double the responsibility to take care of yourself, your bike, and fellow riders on the road. Instead of only getting third-party or comprehensive insurance for 2-wheelers, why not go the extra mile and consider add-ons/ riders? Add-ons protect your bike against several unforeseen scenarios, including medical expenses, breakdowns in a remote location, and more. Tata AIG offers 7 add-ons for your Yamaha bike insurance policy:
- Return to invoice cover that reimburses the original invoice cost of your bike in case of its theft or total damage. The invoice cost is the purchase cost of the bike at the time of its purchase.
- Emergency medical expense cover that covers the emergency medical expenses of you or the pillion rider due to injuries caused by accident.
- Roadside Assistance Cover that provides immediate mechanic services like replacing flat tyres, dead batteries, fuel, and so on, on the breaking of the bike in a remote location.
- Depreciation allowance that pays the original value of your bike parts and nullifies the depreciation of your bike’s parts during repair/ replacement.
- Personal accident cover that provides a pre-fixed sum to your nominees/ family members in case of your unfortunate demise/ injury due to an accident.
- Consumables Expense that covers the cost of bike consumables damaged/ lost due to an accident.
- Third-party property damage cover that provides a sum over and above the base coverage on the damage of a third-party’s property.
Since add-on covers charge an extra premium, carefully assess your need for add-on covers. Additional covers can significantly influence your Yamaha MT 15 insurance price.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Comprehensive Insurance for 2-Wheeler
As part of our customer-centric approach and strict ethical code of integrity, honesty, and transparency, we have a 100% disclosure policy. Before finalising a bike insurance policy, you will get a free-look period of 15 days, where you can go through the fine print of our insurance for 2-wheelers. We want our customers to make informed decisions, so we encourage them to go through the terms and conditions in detail. This table of coverage represents exactly what Tata AIG’s comprehensive bike insurance policy covers and does not cover so that our customers can see if we are the right fit for them.
|MT 15 insurance covers||MT 15 insurance does not cover|
|Damage and loss to your Yamaha MT-15 bike from natural calamities like floods, cyclones, and earthquakes to man-made disasters like riots, strikes, self-ignition, explosions, terrorist attacks, and other acts of malice.||Damages caused due to your own negligence such as Riding without a valid licence Riding without a helmet Riding under the influence of intoxicants/ alcohol/ drugs Riding in a flood-prone area Using your bike for commercial use|
|Damage caused to your bike in transit through airways, waterways, roadways, and railways||Damage caused to the bike by being used for racing, speed testing, crash testing, and other reliability trials.|
|Theft of the bike, in which case you will receive the IDV (current market value) of the bike||Damage to the bike caused outside the geographical restraints of India|
|Damages or death caused to third parties, damage to their vehicle and property||Any consequential loss, general wear and tear, ageing, and mechanical and electrical breakdown of the bike|
|Medical expense coverage up to ₹15 lakhs for injuries caused to you by an accident||Damage to the bike caused by nuclear perils, mutiny, war, or warlike operations|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Yamaha MT 15 Insurance?
Buying and owning a bike, especially a premium budget bike like the Yamaha MT-15, is a valuable investment. Apart from requiring timely care and maintenance, your bike needs a strong security blanket from an insurer committed to caring for your bike. Because no bike, however premium or sturdy, is free from accidents and accidental damages.
Tata AIG and its team of claim experts understand the effort behind any purchase, irrespective of its price. We know a bike is a lifelong dream come true for many, which is why we aim to provide all-rounder Yamaha bike insurance online and offline. Here are a few guaranteed features of Tata AIG’s bike insurance policy and why you should consider us for your insurance needs:
- We have over 20+ years of experience in the industry and have long-standing goodwill with our clientele.
- In FY 2020-2021, we settled over 98% of our bike insurance policy claims - a number that goes to show our commitment to fair claim settlements.
- We have an expert team of 650+ claim agents that provide 24x7 assistance to 5+ crore diverse customers.
- We have a seamless and time-efficient claim settlement, renewal, and buying process to make every process a breeze.
- We have a wide-ranging network of over 5,000 trusted garages, even in the remotest of locations.
- You can get up to 50% discount on no-claim bonuses and up to 75% discount on premiums on getting insurance with us.
- We offer 7 add-ons to enhance the protective quotient of your Yamaha bike insurance
Overview – Yamaha MT15 bike model
The Yamaha MT-15 is a variant of the MT-15 series. It has a very bulky, masculine, and edgy appearance, but in contrast, it runs with the light-weightiness on the road. The bike has a powerful liquid-cooled 4-valve FI 155cc engine that generates a max power of 18.4 PS and max torque of 14.1nm. The MT 15 has the Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) technology that, along with the Assist and Slipper clutch, churns out powerful on-road performance.
|Yamaha MT-15 Metallic Black||₹1,63,000|
|Yamaha MT-15 Ice Fluo Vermillion||₹1,64,000|
|Yamaha MT-15 Cyan Storm||₹1,64,000|
|Yamaha MT-15 Racing Blue||₹1,64,000|
|Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Edition||₹1,65,000|
In terms of design, the MT-15 is sporty, aggressive, and a fine blend of rounded and sharp – its features are in line with the tagline of ‘Unleash your Dark’. Overall, the MT-15 makes for a phenomenal riding experience.
Yamaha MT-15 Price and Variants
The Yamaha MT-15 is available in 5 variants, based on its colours. The starting price of the Yamaha MT-15 is ₹1,63,000, and the ending price is ₹1,65,000 – the exact price will vary in showrooms from city to city. The bike is available in Metallic Black, Ice Fluo Vermillion, Cyan Storm, Racing Blue, and an all-black Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Edition variant.
Unique Selling Points: Yamaha MT-15 Bike Features
The Yamaha MT-15 and MT-15 2.0 are packed with new and enhanced features that add to Yamaha’s USPs. Here are the core USPs of the Yamaha MT-15:
- Upside-down forks for ample free movement
- Aluminium swingarm for zooming through any terrain
- An assist and slipper clutch provides the low-stress shifting and smooth downshifts
- Ample seat room with grab bars for the pillion rider
- Raised LED tail lights with a sleek and sharp design
- Front disc with Anti-lock braking system (ABS) from Bosch
- Radial rear tyres with a better grip on the roads
- All-digital instrument cluster screen
- Yamaha’s very own Y-connect app with state-of-the-art tech features like
- Fuel consumption tracker
- Maintenance recommendations
- Revs dashboard
- Malfunction notifications
- Lost parking assist
Rivals of Yamaha MT-15
Some of the most popular rival bikes of the Yamaha MT-15 include:
- KTM 125 Duke
- Bajaj Pulsar RS 200
- Dominar 250
- TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- Yamaha R15S
- Bajaj Dominar 250
- Suzuki Gixxer 250
Frequently Asked Question
How does the age of the bike influence the bike insurance premium price?
The age of the bike influences the bike insurance premium price or the IDV inversely. The standard rule is that the older the bike is, the lesser its market value and the lower the premiums are.
Can you transfer NCBs from one insurer to another?
Yes, you can transfer NCB benefits from one insurer to another at the time of buying or renewing the bike insurance policy. You just have to furnish the NCB certificate from the old insurer to the new one.
How to calculate the bike insurance premium for Yamaha bike insurance?
The price of every bike insurance policy varies depending on various factors, including the bike model. The same factors will go into calculating Yamaha bike insurance. You can use a bike insurance calculator to get an estimate of the premium cost. All you have to do is:
- Visit the insurer’s website and enter the details prompted on the screen.
- Enter the bike’s details like its registration number, make and model, and age.
- Specify if there are any modifications or safety devices attached to the bike.
- Enter the IDV from the list of IDVs and any previous claim history NCB benefits.
- Submit the details and click on get price. You will instantly get the premium quote.