RTO Offices in Panvel MH-46
RTO Panvel MH-46
The Panvel RTO office was formulated under the Transport Commissioner and comes under Section 213 of India’s Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The primary goal of Panvel RTO is to maintain a comprehensive database of the motor vehicles listed under its jurisdiction, along with the contact details of their owners. The RTO office also monitors and enforces different regulations under the Motor Vehicles Act.
The official website for RTO Panvel: https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in/1035/Home
Panvel Deputy MH 46 ITO Address
Here is the address, the code, and the contact of the Panvel Deputy RTO office –
|RTO NAME||RTO Code||RTO Address||RTO Contact Details|
|RTO Panvel Deputy||MH 46||Central Facility Building, Steel Market, Kalamboli, Panvel Taluka, Raigad District, Maharashtra - 410218||91-22-27424444|
Panvel RTO registration charges
These are the registration charges for new vehicles under the Panvel RTO.
|Type of Charges||RTO Fees (in ₹)|
|Registration||₹600 – For all types of four-wheelers|
|Hypothecation||₹1,500 – If the vehicle is bought on a loan|
|Number Plate Change||₹230 to ₹400 – Same for HSRP Number Plate|
|Parking Fee or State Development||₹2,000 for the MCD Parking Fees for cars priced under ₹4 Lakh ₹4,000 for MCD Parking Fees for cars priced above ₹4 Lakh|
|Temporary Registration||₹1,200 – ₹1,500 – Temporary Registration for up to 1 month|
|Road Tax Charges (Cars Under 10 Lakh)||CNG – 7%, Petrol – 11%, Diesel – 13%|
|Road Tax Charges (Cars between 10 – 20 Lakh)||Petrol – 12%, Diesel – 14%|
|Road Tax Charges (Cars Above 20 Lakh)||Petrol – 13%, Diesel – 15%|
|FastTAG Charges||₹500 payable on the purchase of a new vehicle|
Functions of Panvel Deputy RTO
The basic functions of the Panvel Deputy RTO office are similar to other RTO offices in the state of Maharashtra.
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, here are some of the regular functions of the Panvel RTO office -
- Issuing learners’ and drivers’ license
- Renewal of drivers’ licenses or duplicate licenses
- Carrying out road safety awareness programmes
- Collection of Road Tax
- Issuing International Drivers’ Licence
- NOCs and other permits
- Permit for goods carriage for commercial vehicles
- Issuing RCs (registration certificate)
- Renewal of RC
- Transfer of motor insurance ownership
- Issuing fitness certificates for vehicles
How to Register a Vehicle at Panvel Deputy RTO?
Once you buy a vehicle, you can get it registered with the RTO office in Panvel with the help of the vehicle seller as well. However, if you wish to do it yourself, the steps are pretty straightforward -
Step 1: Visit the Panvel Deputy RTO office with your new car or bike.
Step 2: Carefully fill in the Application form 20, and do not forget to carry some essential documents like -
- Sale certificate of the ehicle
- A valid address proof
- Temporary registration as issued by the vehicle dealer
- Registration fee
- PAN or Aadhvar card copies
Step 3: The RTO Superintendent will take a look at your documents, review them, and then you will have to pay the registration fees at the office counter.
Step 4: Once the verification processes are done, you will receive a Smart Card, which will work as your vehicle’s Registration Certificate.
How to Renew a Vehicle Registration Certificate in Panvel?
You must always carry your vehicle’s Registration Certificates whenever you are out and about in Panvel with your car or bike. This will save you from paying penalties. Your RC will be valid for fifteen years if you own a private vehicle. For commercial ones, the RC validity is of three years. After the expiry of the RC, you should immediately get it renewed with RTO Panvel office. This process will require you to fill out a form and then submit the same along with a few important documents as stated below:
- RC Application Form 25
- Original Registration Certificate
- Vehicle Pollution certificate
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate
- Valid Car Insurance Certificate
- Proof of tax payments and renewal fee payments
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Panvel
You need to carry the following documents if you wish to register your vehicle in Panvel.
- Application Form 20 for the vehicle registration
- Three passport-sized photographs of the vehicle owner
- Form 21 (sales certificate) that has been issued by the seller of the vehicle
- Identity Proof of the vehicle owner - Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driver’s License, Voter ID.
- Owner’s residential proof
- Form 34 with all details of a vehicle loan (if required)
- Pollution Certificate stating that the vehicle has pollution under control
- Car Insurance certificate from the insurer
- Original sales invoice from the vehicle seller
- Temporary registration number of the vehicle from the seller
- Sales tax clearance certificate if the vehicle has been bought in one state and registered in another
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the RTO if the vehicle has been bought in one state and registered in another
- In the case of imported vehicles, customs bills are mandatory
Motor insurance in Panvel Deputy
According to the 1988’s Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for a vehicle to have at least a valid third-party insurance policy to roam freely on the streets in India. However, if you wish to get better coverage for your vehicle, you must opt for a comprehensive car insurance policy or bike insurance. At Tata AIG, the comprehensive insurance policies are affordable and offer extensive coverage benefits.
Also, buying a car policy online with Tata AIG is hassle-free and absolutely straightforward. All you need to do is –
Step 1 - Visit TATA AIG’s official website and go to the Motor Insurance page. Step 2 – Fill in your Vehicle Registration Number, and click on ‘Get Price’. Step 3 – Submit all the necessary information that you will be asked for on your screen. Step 4 - Choose the kind of coverage options you would require and include the add-ons as per your choice. Step 5 - Finally, you can make the online payment, and once the details are verified by the team, your e-policy will be sent to your registered email address.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is the process of registering a vehicle at the Panvel RTO?
First, you need to visit the Panvel RTO office. Also, you will have to carry a few important documents along to register your vehicle, like your Aadhar card, your address proof, sales receipt of the vehicle, and registration fee. You also need to fill up Application form 20. And once the office superintendent goes through the form and the documents submitted by you, your registration will be processed.
2. What is the MH – 46 RTO name?
The MH-46 is the RTO office code of Panvel Deputy.
3. Is a car insurance plan mandatory to register a car at the Panvel Deputy RTO office?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act in India, insurance for a car is mandatory. So, while registering your vehicle at the Panvel Deputy RTO office, you need to have a valid car insurance plan in place.