Devanahalli RTO Office
The Transport Department of the State of Karnataka established the Devanahalli RTO office, under the jurisdiction of the Karnataka State RTO, as per the provisions laid down in Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Led by the Transport Commissioner, the RTO office in Devanahalli is responsible for implementing the RTO regulations and conducting related operations as outlined under the Motor Vehicles Act.
RTO of Devanahalli is also called the KA-43 RTO as the vehicles registered with this office are assigned the KA-43 registration number.
Official website of Devanahalli RTO-
List of Devanahalli RTO Office
The following table contains the address, contact details and other information about the KA-43 RTO of Devanahalli:
|RTO NAME||RTO Code||KA-43 RTO Address||RTO Contact Number||Office Timings|
|Devanahalli RTO||KA-43||Regional Transport Office Vijayapura Road, Devenahalli, Bangalore - 560300||080 – 27681999||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday to Saturday|
The RTO office in Devanahalli remains closed on Sundays and major holidays.
Devanahalli RTO Registration Charges
|Class of Vehicle||KA-43 RTO Registration Fees (in ₹)|
|Light motor vehicle (LMV)||600|
|Medium goods and passenger vehicle||D1,000||Heavy good vehicle passenger||1,500||Imported motor vehicle||5,000||Any other vehicle apart from the above||3,000||E-rickshaw/E-cart||1,000||Light commercial vehicle||1,000|
Functions of Devanahalli RTO Office
Every Regional Transport Office (RTO) in India is expected to perform a given set of tasks in its respective city, state or union territory.
The RTO Devanahalli KA-43 has three primary functions:
- To guarantee that the rules of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, the Central Motor Vehicles Rules of 1989, and Karnataka’s state motor vehicle recommendations are appropriately implemented.
- To levy and collect revenue as per the guidelines under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
- To manage relevant permissions to allow the expansion and advancement of road transportation.
The other functions of the Devanahalli RTO office are:
- Issuing temporary and permanent learners' licenses.
- Renewing drivers' licences and registration certificates.
- Issuing duplicate licences, hypothecation certificates, and registration certificates.
- Monitoring pollution and collecting road tax.
- Tracking the status of the registration certificate.
- Tracking all violations committed by registered automobiles.
- Penalising violations of traffic laws.
- Ensuring and promoting road safety to reduce the likelihood of an accident.
How to Register a Vehicle at Devanahalli RTO?
Although you can conveniently register your vehicle through your car dealer, you can also register it yourself at the Devanahalli RTO office.
Step 1: Bring your new car to the RTO office in Devanahalli.
Step 2: Fill out Application Form 20 and include all required documents (detailed below)
- Interim Registration provided by the Dealer
- Certificate of the Vehicle
- CV20 Sale Application Form
- Valid Address Proof
- Duplicate of the Pan Card
- Registration Fee payment proof
Step 3: The RTO Director will check, verify and approve your form and the attached documents.
Step 4: You will be directed to the payment counter to pay the registration costs.
Step 5: You will receive a Smart Card (Registration Certificate) at your registered address a few days after completing the validation procedure.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate in Devanahalli RTO?
You must carry an active RC while driving in any part of the country, including Devanahalli. Additionally, apply for the RC renewal prior to the expiry date. You can renew your RC for a personal vehicle for 15 more years and for a commercial vehicle for 3 years.
*For RC renewal at RTO Devanahalli, *
- Fill out application form number 25 for RC renewal, attach the relevant documents and submit them to the RTO.
- The car should be submitted to the RTO for inspection.
- After due inspection and verification, the Devanahalli RTO will issue a new registration certificate.
You will have to submit the following documents when renewing your registration certificate:
- Road Tax payment proof
- Application Form 25
- Valid car insurance
- Pollution Certificate
- Applicable renewal fee
- Registration certificate of the vehicle
- Fitness certificate
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle at RTO Office in Devanahalli
The documents you need to present in the Devanahalli RTO office are:
- Original sales invoice from the seller
- Form 20 - Vehicle Registration
- Form 21 - Sales Certificate (from the seller of the vehicle in the case of second-hand vehicles)
- Temporary registration number for new vehicles
- Identity Proof - Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driver’s License, Voter ID.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the RTO of the place of purchase if the vehicle has been bought in one state and registered in another
- Sales Tax Clearance Certificate if the vehicle has been bought in one state and registered in another
- Form 34 with loan details (if required)
- Three passport size photographs of the vehicle owner.
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- Motor Insurance Certificate
- Customs bills in case of an imported vehicle registration
Car Insurance Policy in Devanahalli
The Motor Vehicle Act of 1988 requires you to get a valid car insurance policy for your car. Driving without an active four-wheeler insurance policy will result in fines and/or imprisonment.
Having a car insurance policy should be considered as more than just following the law; it should also be seen as a way to reap the rewards of car insurance. The advantages of a car insurance policy are not limited to covering third-party liabilities. A comprehensive car insurance plan will offer an own-damage cover for the insured car as well as a personal accident cover for the owner-driver.
You can seamlessly purchase a Tata AIG car insurance policy online on our official website. Get access to more than 5400 network cashless garages and quick car insurance purchase and renewal processes. Additionally, with a 98% claim settlement ratio in FY 2020-21, we offer a hassle-free car insurance claim settlement process.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is KA-43 RTO passing?
KA-43 RTO passing implies getting your vehicle registered under the Devanahalli RTO.
2. Can I get my registration certificate at the Devanahalli RTO?
Yes, you can get your registration certification by visiting the Devanahalli RTO.
3. What days is the RTO office in Devanahalli open?
The Devanahalli RTO office is open from Monday to Saturday (10 AM to 5 PM), barring major public holidays.
4. How many RTO offices, including Devanahalli, are there in Bangalore?
Bangalore has 13 RTO offices, including the Devanahalli RTO office.