Revolt RV 400 Insurance
Revolt RV400 Insurance
The Revolt RV 400 is an electric street motorbike launched by automobile brand Revolt Motors in 2019. The RV 400 became an instant hit with the critics and the public alike. However, due to fuel-based bikes being mainstream, the RV’s reach was limited to six cities. But now, the RV 400 is available in almost 70 Indian cities. The bike has a stellar performance compared to existing players in the electric scooter segment and can give a high mileage in the sports variant. It has an ergonomic design and a sharp, bold exterior that is powerful yet non-aggressive.
Electric bikes are more environment-friendly than regular bikes. They are also safer as they have a lower speed range. However, irrespective of the safety quotient of a bike, it needs a bike insurance policy.
A bike insurance policy provides protection to the riders, their bikes, and third parties. It also provides coverage against property damage, loss, accidents, theft of the insured bike, and natural and man-induced disasters. Further, in India, it is a legal mandate to have at least third-party insurance for 2-wheelers according to the motor vehicle act. But let not the fear of a legal mandate be your motivation to buy a bike insurance policy.
Read on to know how insurance for 2-wheelers can help protect you and your bike.
Revolt RV400 Insurance Renewal/ Buy via Tata AIG
Tata AIG is a company that evolves with time. Nowadays, no one wants to stand in queues or go down to the insurance office to buy a bike insurance policy. The best part is no one has to because everything is available at the touch of a button. Buying two-wheeler insurance is quick, simple, and 100% digital as well with Tata AIG. We have a seamless buying process where you can buy Revolt bike insurance online or carry out your Revolt bike insurance renewal in a few easy steps. You can buy the bike insurance policy offline as well, but why do that when you can do everything from the comfort of your home? In fact, you can get up to 75% discounts on the Revolt bike insurance price by buying Revolt bike insurance online. Visit the Tata AIG website and follow this easy step-by-step guide:
- Go to the Bike Insurance page. Enter your bike registration number.
- Click on ‘Get Price’ for a new Revolt bike insurance policy or on ‘Renew’ for a Revolt bike insurance renewal.
- Fill out the bike insurance form and enter the details prompted on the screen. These will include your name, registration number, policy expiration date, previous claim history and other details.
- Enter the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your Revolt RV 400. The IDV is the current market value of your bike.
- If you don’t have any previous claim history, you will get awarded a no-claim bonus (NCB) up to 50%. An NCB is a discount on the bike insurance policy premiums. At Tata AIG, bike insurance NCBs start from 20%.
- Choose the scope of coverage and type of bike insurance policy – third-party, own-damage, or comprehensive. You can also choose from 7 unique and customisable add-ons/ riders to enhance the insurance coverage of your Revolt RV 400.
- After submitting the required details, you will get a quote for the premiums payable for the Revolt bike insurance renewal or a new bike insurance policy as a first-time buyer.
- You will receive an e-copy of your Revolt bike insurance policy on your email/ number after you complete the payment.
Revolt RV400 Bike Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The Revolt bike insurance price for a renewal or a new bike insurance policy will depend on various factors, including —
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your bike. IDV is the current market value of your bike per industry standards. It is the maximum amount payable under the Revolt bike insurance policy during claim settlement.
- The age, make, and model of your bike. The older your bike is, the lower will the premiums be and vice versa.
- Engine/ cubic (cc) capacity of your bike. The standard rule is higher the cubic capacity, the higher the premiums.
- The type of bike insurance policy and scope of coverage chosen – comprehensive, own-damage, or third party. A third-party or own-damage bike insurance policy will cost less than comprehensive insurance for 2-wheelers.
- Any NCB benefits (up to 50% with Tata AIG) or premium discounts (up to 75% with Tata AIG) for buying the Revolt bike insurance online.
- Your age, driving record, and geographical location of the bike. Generally, small towns have lower premiums than city residents. Younger riders incur more premiums than older ones because they are considered new to riding and less experienced.
- Addition of safety devices or expensive modifications to the bike. This can either lower or increase the premium, depending on whether it adds to the usability or risk quotient of the bike.
To see the factors that influence your Revolt bike insurance price and get an accurate estimate of the premiums payable for your Revolt RV 400, you can use the free bike insurance premium calculator on the Tata AIG website. You can even compare two-wheeler insurance quotes through the calculator and see which one matches your needs and budget best.
Add-ons for Revolt Bike Insurance by Tata AIG
Insurance for 2-wheelers, at least third-party two-wheeler insurance, is mandatory per the prevailing Motor vehicle laws in India. A third-party bike insurance policy provides the most basic form of coverage. It only protects third-party riders/ drivers on the road, their vehicle, and their property. If you want to protect yourself and your bike, you should consider getting comprehensive Revolt bike insurance. And if you want to go the extra mile, you should consider add-ons. Add-ons protect your bike against several unforeseen eventualities involving your bike, including accidents, injuries, bike breakdowns, and more.
Add-ons are great to combat the risk factor that comes with riding two-wheelers. Two-wheelers, in general, are riskier to ride as they are more prone to accidents, according to several automobile and roadway reports. Add to this the unpredictable terrains of the country, the potholes, the poor infrastructure, incessant city traffic and the probability of accidents increases. And even though electric bikes are safe, it is best to be responsible in every way. Here is where Tata AIG’s 7 bike insurance add-ons can help. The add-on riders/ covers include:
- Return to invoice cover. This cover reimburses the original invoice/ purchase cost of your bike in case of its theft or total damage.
- Depreciation allowance cover. It pays the original value of your bike parts and negates the depreciation during repair/ replacement.
- Roadside Assistance Cover. It provides immediate mechanic services like replacing flat tyres, dead batteries, fuel, and other mechanical and electrical repairs if your bike breaks down in a remote location.
- Consumables Expense cover. It pays the cost of bike consumables damaged/ lost due to an accident, such as screws, nuts, bolts, clips, bearings, and oils like engine oil, brake oil, and gearbox oil.
- Emergency medical expense cover. It covers the emergency medical expenses of you or the pillion rider due to injuries caused by accident. This includes the cost of moving you and the pillion rider to the hospital/ nursing home.
- Personal accident cover. It provides a predetermined sum to your nominees (chosen family members) in case of your unfortunate demise/ injury due to an accident.
- Third-party property damage cover provides a sum over and above the base sum in the bike insurance policy on the damage of a third party’s property.
Before you choose add-on coverage for your RV400 bike insurance, it is important to know that extra coverage comes at an extra premium. It can significantly increase your Revolt RV400 insurance price.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Revolt RV400 Insurance Online
Never believe the insurers that make tall claims of covering every unpredictable situation in a bike insurance policy. While insurance for 2-wheelers is catered to cover as many possible eventualities involving your bike, not every bad event will get covered. Always do your research and read the fine print and set of terms and conditions of the two-wheeler insurance policy to see what exactly you are getting into. The right insurer, like Tata AIG, will never hesitate to be transparent and honest with you about the terms of their insurance policies. As part of our customer-centric approach and our adherence to transparency, we disclose the exact scope of coverage in our bike insurance policy to our customers. We encourage them to review the details before finalising a bike insurance policy. We also give them a free-look period of 15 days where they can go through every term and get their doubts clarified. We want our customers to make informed decisions, which is where this precise table of coverage of Tata AIG’s bike insurance policy will come in handy.
|What our bike insurance policy covers||What our bike insurance policy does not cover|
|Third-party liability, including damage and loss to their body, vehicle, property||Damage resulting from using your bike for an intended commercial purpose|
|Damage/ loss to your Revolt RV400 from natural calamities like floods, cyclones, and earthquakes||Damage caused to your bike while riding without a valid licence, a helmet, riding in a flood-prone area or under the influence of intoxicants/ alcohol/ drugs|
|Damage/ loss to your bike from man-made disasters like riots, strikes, self-ignition, explosions, terrorist attacks, and other intentional malicious acts.||Damage caused to the bike by being used for racing, speed testing, crash testing, and other reliability trials.|
|Damage caused to your bike in transit through airways, waterways, roadways, and railways||Damage to the bike caused by nuclear perils, mutiny, war, or warlike operations|
|Theft of the bike, in which case you will receive the IDV (current market value) of the bike as a replacement||Damage to the bike caused outside the geographical restraints of India|
|Personal accident coverage up to ₹15 lakhs for injuries caused to you in an accident||Any consequential loss, general wear and tear, ageing, and mechanical and electrical breakdown of the bike|
|Specific add-on coverage from 7 riders like the depreciation allowance cove,return to invoice cover, consumables expense cover, and more .||Damage caused to the bike during a burglary where the insured bike is not stolen but damaged|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Revolt Bike Insurance
Buying and owning a bike, especially a premium-budget electric bike like the Revolt RV 400 is a long-term commitment. To get the most out of your bike and experience its maximum performance potential, it is crucial to give it the timely care and maintenance it deserves. And getting insurance for 2-wheelers is an important part of that. A bike insurance policy will serve as the strong security blanket you and your bike need in the face of unforeseen scenarios. Tata AIG and its team of claim experts care for your bike like it is their own and protect the dream purchase of many enthusiastic riders. With its all-rounder Revolt bike insurance policy, it covers various insurance needs. Here are a few reasons to choose the history-making company Tata AIG and its bike insurance policy:
- We have over 20+ years of experience in the insurance industry
- We have an expert team of 650+ claim agents that provide 24x7 assistance in resolving queries
- We cater to the needs of 5+ crore diverse customers.
- We have a family of over 5,000+ network garages that are experts
- Our founding fathers include a prestigious list of entrepreneurial names like Ratan Tata and Jamshetji Tata
- Our unique array of insurance products, and dedicated services are reasons for our long-standing goodwill with our clientele.
- In FY 2020-2021, we settled over 98% of our bike insurance policy claims - a number that goes to show we honour fair claim settlements and customer-centricity.
- Our claim settlement, renewal, and buying process is seamless and digital.
- You can get up to 50% discount on no-claim bonuses and up to 75% discount on premiums with us.
- Our unique 7 add-ons enhance the protective quotient of your Revolt bike insurance
Overview – Revolt RV400 Bike Model
The Revolt RV 400 is a fantastic electric street bike launched by Revolt Motors. The bike is the first AI-powered electric bike in India and has various state-of-the-art digital features. These include a fully digital instrument cluster, a geo-fence and battery power reminder, and an inbuilt app. It has a lithium-ion battery that has a voltage of 72V and a wattage of 3.24kwh.
It comes in two variants and has three modes – Eco, Normal, and Sports. The Eco mode can give a range of 150kms at a top speed of 45kmph. The Normal mode can give a range of 100kms at a top speed of 64kmph, and the Sports mode can give a range of 80kms at a top speed of 85kmph. The outer design of the RV 400 is bold and powerful yet sleek and minimalistic.
Revolt RV 400 Price and Variants
The Revolt RV 400 is available in 2 variants, based on its top speed (mileage) and features. The starting price of the Revolt RV 400 is ₹1,16,000, and the ending price is ₹1,24,000 – the exact price will vary in showrooms from city to city. The bike is available in Black (Cosmic Black), Red (Rebel Red), and Black-Grey (Mist Grey) colours.
Unique Selling Points: Revolt RV 400 Bike Features
The RV 400 gives intense competition to other existing players in the electric motorbike department by introducing some contemporary features. Here are the core USPs of the RV 400:
- Adjustable mono-shock suspension
- Combination braking system (CBS)
- Lightweight frame for more stability and agility
- 100% charging in 4 hours
- LED headlamps, tail lamps, and indicators
- Comfortable prop-up seat for the ideal seat posture
- Keyless power button/ remote
- Muscular tank
- Ground clearance of215mm
- MRF zapper tyres for a superior grip
- Digital instrument cluster
- 6 years of battery warranty
- 2 years of charger warranty
- 5 years of product warranty
Rivals of Revolt RV 400
Some of the most prominent competitor bikes of the Revolt RV 400 are:
- Honda X-blade
- Tork Kratos
- TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- TVS Apache RTR 160
- Yamaha FZ FI
- Hero Xtreme 160R
- TVS Apache RTR 180
- Joy e-bike monster
- TVS iQube Electric
- Ather 450X
- Bajaj Chetak
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
Are electric bikes as fast and powerful as regular bikes?
Electric bikes have a fast pickup and accelerate faster than bikes that run on fuel/ gas. They also run quieter and produce less vibration and noise in general. However, they are not as fast and powerful as regular bikes and have a lower mileage (kmph capacity). They need longer charging and run for a lesser time than regular bikes. This is because regular bikes run on fuel like petrol and diesel, which are more energy-efficient and potent than electric batteries.
What are the charging capabilities of the Revolt RV 400?
The charging capabilities of the Revolt RV 400 are as contemporary and state-of-the-art as electric bikes could get. The RV 400 has a lithium-ion battery, a voltage of 72V, and a wattage of 3.24 kwh. It takes around 3 hours to charge up to 75% and 4 hours to charge up to 100%.
How to charge the Revolt RV 400?
Revolt has made it very convenient and easy to charge the Revolt RV 400. The first charging option is to charge your bike at the nearest petrol pump or plug the Revolt battery charger into a standard 15amp power socket. The Revolt charger is portable, lightweight, and weather-proof. It can withstand any weather, is touch-safe, and is extremely durable. The best part is that the battery is removable, and you can also charge it within the comfort of your home with the prescribed power source.