Kia Sportage Insurance
Kia Sportage Insurance
The Kia Sportage is a 5th gen SUV set to launch around July 2023 by the South Korean automobile brand and manufacturer Kia. Kia has an impressive presence in India and the global markets. Many models like Kia Seltos and Kia Carens are popular choices for buyers in India. The Kia Sportage is an ambitious new model of the brand that can navigate the most adventurous of terrains. Its highlights include features of a sharp and robust exterior, enhanced engine performance, exclusive new-technology Syntex seating, exclusive X-pro matte black wheels with a stronger grip, and more room and comfort. The all-new tech updates that provide real-time and on-demand assistance make Sportage an interesting offering in the car market.
The vehicle also boasts advanced safety features like 12.3-inch dual panoramic displays, a blind-spot view monitor, a 360-degree surround view monitor, a forward and rear collision avoidance assist, and much more. However advanced the safety and other features of the Kia Sportage are, no vehicle is exempt from the consequences of external forces like accidents, theft, mishaps, and other damage.
To protect a car as robust and impressive as the Kia Sportage, car insurance is a must. A car insurance policy provides financial support in the unforeseen eventuality of accidents, theft, and natural and manmade disasters. However, only a car insurance policy from a trusted insurance company can ensure your four-wheeler receives the promised benefits. Here is where Tata AIG can help.
Kia Sportage Insurance Renewal/ Buy via Tata AIG
Protecting your car with car insurance is a must if you want to drive it for a long time. Tata AIG understands the shared dream of many wanting to own their own car and the effort behind its purchase. This is why we aim to provide the maximum possible coverage in our Kia Sportage insurance policy.
Whether you are buying Kia motor insurance for the first time or doing a Kia insurance renewal for another Kia car, the process of purchase remains simple thanks to our all-digital purchase process. You can avoid the long queues, incessant documentation, and unnecessary meetups with multiple insurance agents to get car insurance. All you have to do is visit our website and:
- Go to the All Products - Motor Insurance – car insurance page section. Once you select car insurance, enter your car registration number. Look at your vehicle number plate or car documents if you have no idea about your registration number. It will start with the state code you reside in - MH for Maharashtra, DL for Delhi, and the like.
- Click on Get Price for a new Kia motor insurance policy or Renew for a Kia insurance renewal.
- Fill out the form that appears on the screen for the respective option – either purchase or renewal. Enter the personal information requested, like your name, number, and email ID.
- Enter the car model and car insurance details like car variant, the insured declared value (IDV), previous claim history, and any no-claim bonuses (NCBs).
- If you’re wondering what IDV is – it is the market value of your car. If you’re wondering what NCBs are – they are no-claim bonuses/ discounts given on premiums for not making any insurance claims in the previous years.
- Once you submit the information, choose the type of Kia insurance you want. We offer 3 types - third-party, own-damage, or comprehensive Kia insurance.
- You can also choose from our extra coverage options of 12 add-ons/ riders to enhance the scope of your Kia insurance policy.
- After submitting the necessary details, you will get a quote for the Kia insurance or Kia insurance renewal cost, aka the premiums payable.
- Pay the requested amount and get a copy of the Kia insurance policy in your inbox.
You can also use our free four-wheeler insurance calculator to calculate the premiums payable.
Kia Sportage Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
Your Kia Sportage insurance cost for a new Kia motor insurance policy or a Kia insurance renewal will depend on various fluctuating factors, including -
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your Kia Sportage. As mentioned above, the IDV is the current market or sale value of a vehicle. Because the price of the Kia Sportage is tentatively around INR 25 lakhs, the current IDV of the SUV will be the same. However, a year or two later after its purchase, the IDV will drop. The applicable IDV of the vehicle will be payable under the Kia motor insurance policy during car insurance claim settlement.
- The age, make, and model of the Kia Sportage. The general rule is that the newer your vehicle, the higher the premiums.
- The cubic capacity (cc) of your car engine - the general rule is the higher the cc, the higher the premiums. For instance, the Kia Sportage Gas variant has a lower cc than the Kia Sportage Hybrid variant, so the premium prices will vary for the two.
- Your age, your driving record, and the geographical location where you buy and intend to drive the car. For instance, the Kia motor insurance cost can be higher in cities than in small towns/ villages due to the traffic conditions, risky road infrastructure, and high living costs.
- The type of car insurance policy and scope of coverage chosen – third party, own-damage, or comprehensive. The more benefits in a car insurance policy, the higher will be the premium prices.
- Any NCB benefits for no previous car insurance claims and any discounts for buying the Kia motor insurance online.
- Addition of safety devices like anti-theft locks, parking sensors, cameras, etc.
- Any modifications to the Kia Sportage like a paint job, stickers, rain guards, and changes to the engine, wheels, and more.
Add-ons for Kia Sportage Insurance by Tata AIG
he new Kia Sportage is big on its safety specs. While the SUV enhances safety and performance levels, it doesn’t guarantee ultimate protection against accidents, thefts, and other unforeseen eventualities against it. In a country like India, ridden with potholes and poor rural and urban road infrastructure, it becomes doubly important to secure your vehicle, yourself, and fellow riders/ drivers on the road as much as possible. And while Kia Sportage car insurance can provide that security, add-ons can go steps ahead and provide more holistic coverage.
Tata AIG add-ons offer extra financial support in car scenarios that often plague us. Choose from our 12 unique add-on riders for a more inclusive Kia insurance cover:
- Return to Invoice– It reimburses you for the car's depreciation paying the original purchase cost, registration costs, and tax payments of the vehicle.
- No-Claim Bonus Protection cover– It allows you to make a car insurance claim in a year without affecting previous NCB discounts (not available with third-party car insurance.)
- Roadside Assistance cover– It provides 24x7 mechanic services for prompt breakdown assistance of the vehicle in a remote location.
- Zero Depreciation cover– It reimburses you for depreciation of the car’s parts by paying the original value of your car (not available with third-party insurance).
- Daily Allowance– It gives you a daily cash benefit for commuting while your car is at the garage for repair.
- Engine Secure cover– It pays the cost of repairing/ replacing the car engine due to damage, except in the case of general wear and tear.
- Tyre Secure cover– It covers the entire cost of repair/ replacement of damaged tyres or tyre tubes after an accident.
- Consumables Expense cover– It covers the cost of car parts like the gearbox oil, engine oil, and air conditioner gas lost/ damaged due to an accident.
- Loss of Personal Belongings cover– It bears the cost of policy-approved personal belongings damaged in an accident.
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts- It funds the one-time repair of glass, fibre, and plastic parts of your car after damage.
- Key Replacement cover– It pays for replacing lost car keys if your keys or car fall under theft.
- Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense cover– It pays for hotel and travel expenses if you need immediate stay or money to travel back home after an accident.
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Kia Sportage Insurance
If you decide to buy the Kia Sportage and are considering Tata AIG as a viable choice, we’d like to do everything in our capacity to help you make a well-researched and informed decision. We encourage you to look through our car insurance policy document to understand the scope of coverage we offer.
But before that, here is a concise table showing exactly what our comprehensive Kia Sportage insurance does and does not cover.
|What our Kia Sportage insurance covers||What our Kia Sportage insurance does not cover|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused during driving without a driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of the bike|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to racing activities, speed tests, and durability tests|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Kia Sportage Insurance?
If you go to our website, one of the first things you will read is ‘Trusted Naam, Fantastic Kaam.’ But as a company that likes to walk the talk, we are going to justify that statement by showing you all the reasons you can trust us to get your insurance needs fulfilled. We will let our performance over the years and the stats of happy customers speak for us. We also understand that buying a car is on the list of dream purchases for many, which is why we strive to provide car insurance that is as inclusive as possible. Here are a few reasons you can trust us:
- We have a long-standing brand name in the industry and have decades of goodwill and industry expertise
- We keep our customers ahead of our needs - our high claim settlement ratio of 98% (in FY 2020-2021) is a testament to that.
- We have a customer-first approach which is why all our processes – buying, renewal, claim settlement are hassle-free and time-efficient.
- We have a network of knowledgeable and prompt 650+ claim experts offering round-the-clock services.
- We have over 5 crore valued customers
- We have a network of 7,000+ garages spanning rural and urban areas.
- We give up to 50% discount on no-claim bonuses and up to 75% discount on car insurance premiums.
- We offer up to 12 riders to enhance the level of coverage of your Kia Sportage insurance.
Overview – Kia Sportage Car Model
The Kia Sportage is a 5th-gen premium SUV from the South Korean motor manufacturer and brand Kia. It is slated for release in mid-2023 and boasts modern, high-tech features. The engine details of the Sportage for India haven’t been revealed yet by the brand but the ones released in the US have an impressive engine (cc) capacity. The expected engine capacity is around 1999cc. The SUV gives max torque of around 258bhp. It has a dynamic, sharp, and sleek exterior and robust and spacious interiors. The Sportage aims to be the perfect vehicle for the adventurous driver. It claims to be able to navigate all kinds of challenging terrains, especially rough and slippery ones. It is inbuilt with an array of safety features and a wide range of technology to enhance the user experience of the car.
Kia Sportage Price and Variants
The Kia Sportage is available in 3 variants depending on the colour, design, and transmission options of the car. The variants of the Kia Sportage run on petrol and diesel, and the car is available both in manual and automatic transmission options. The hybrid versions of the car also have an electric engine option. The Sportage’s variants include – Sportage Gas, Sportage Plug-In, and Sportage Plug-In hybrid. It is available in 10+ colours –
- Everlasting Silver
- Ebony Black
- Fusion Black
- Steel Gray
- Glacial White Pearl
- Snow White Pearl
- Sapphire Blue
- Jungle Green
- Dawning Red
- Wolf Gray
- Gravity Gray
- Glacial White Pearl & Ebony Black
- Jungle Green & Ebony Black
- Wolf Gray & Ebony Black
The tentative price of the Kia Sportage is around ₹25 lakhs for all variants. We are yet to see if there are any changes after its launch in 2023.
Unique Selling Points: Kia Sportage Car Features
The Kia Sportage has various unique selling points that have added anticipation to its already slated release for next year. These include:
- An active all-wheel multi-terrain mode driving feature
- 25-inch display for navigation, entertainment, and other uses
- In-class 10-year warranty
- Best-in-class cargo room and more second-row legroom
- Harman Kardon premium audio compartment
- Premium quilted syntex seating
- High utility roof rails
- Panoramic sunroof
- Wireless charging and rear seat charging
- Remote start and climate control
- A find my car feature
- Amazon Alexa and Google assist
- Enhanced safety features like, park distance warning-rear assist, safe exit warning assist, lane following assist, rear cross-traffic collision avoidance assist, blind spot collision avoidance assist, forward collision avoidance assist
Rivals of Kia Sportage
The Kia Sportage is one of the most anticipated South Korean cars to hit the Indian market. However, it is not free from competitor brands. The most popular rivals of the Kia Sportage are:
- Tata Safari
- Tata Harrier
- Hyundai Alcazar
- Honda City Hybrid
- Toyota Fortuner
- Hyundai Tucson
- Hyundai Kona Electric
- Toyota Innova Crysta
- Skoda Kushaq
- MG Gloster
- Jeep Compass
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the max power in the three variants of the Kia Sportage?
The max power in the three variants of the Kia Sportage is as follows:
- Kia Sportage Gas – Max power = 187 horsepower
- Kia Sportage Hybrid – Max power = 227 horsepower
- Kia Sportage Plug-in Hybrid – Max power = 261 horsepower
What does the 360-degree surround view monitor feature do in the Kia Sportage?
The 360-degree surround view monitor feature in the Kia Sportage helps display the surroundings of the car from a 360-degree angle (from all angles) for a better, sharper, and clearer view. The feature uses four exterior-mounted cameras to showcase your surrounding views to enhance the vision and manoeuvrability of the driver.
What are the safety features of the Kia Sportage?
The Kia Sportage boasts several state-of-the-art safety features. These include:
- The Blind spot view monitor helps you avoid potential collisions by projecting a live feed of blind spots and objects you can’t see with the naked eye on the road
- The 360-degree surround view monitor so you can view your surroundings from all angles
- All-wheel drive multi-terrain mode so you can navigate the most diverse of terrains
- A remote door lock and unlock feature so only you can control your car
- Voice assistance and find my car feature that gives you better control of your car
- The downhill brake control feature so you can control your speed levels on slippery, rough, or downhill terrains
What is the launch date of Kia Sportage?
Kia is said to launch Kia Sportage in India in July 2023. You can buy Kia Sportage once the sales start.