Skoda Kushaq Insurance
Skoda Kodiaq Insurance
With its robust engine and spaciousness, the Skoda Kodiaq turns every drive into an adventure. The sophisticated exterior is mated with an interior designed to excel in comfort. The roominess and safety offered by this elegant SUV make it an overall great value for money.
A car built with state-of-the-art technology and a price starting from ₹37.49 lakh thus deserve to be protected with a suitable car insurance policy, especially when incidents of accidents, crimes and natural calamities are increasing.
Benefits of a Four-Wheeler Insurance?
Four-wheeler insurance is an agreement between a vehicle owner and the insurance provider where the insurer promises to compensate for specific losses arising out of third-party or own damages. In return, the vehicle owner has to pay premiums regularly. Hence, four-wheeler insurance is an efficient tool to stay financially secure if your car is damaged or you get injured while driving it.
Here’s more about why you need car insurance for your Skoda Kodiaq:
- Helps you comply with the law
- Protects you from third-party liabilities
- Compensates for loss or theft of your car
- Protects against financial liabilities due to car damages
- Protects your car from natural calamities
- Offers a Personal Accident cover
Now let’s discuss the types of four-wheeler insurance policies in brief.
Types of Four-Wheeler Insurance
There are three types of four-wheeler insurance policies that are as follows:
Third-Party Liability Cover
The most basic car insurance policy is a third-party liability cover, which is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. Third-party motor insurance covers legal and financial liabilities arising out of third-party injuries/death or property damages. It means you can avail of compensation if you injure a third party or damage his/her property. However, you must note that this type of policy fails to offer respite for your car damages or injuries.
- Standalone Own-Damage Cover
Another four-wheeler insurance is own-damage cover where you can avail of compensation for your losses too. This policy covers damages caused due to accidents, vandalism, riots, theft, fire and explosion and damages beyond repair. However, an own-damage policy does not cover third-party damages.
- Comprehensive Insurance
Comprehensive insurance provides extensive coverage for your four-wheeler from damages due to accidents, natural disasters, riots, strikes, vandalism, theft, and much more. While the policy covers financial and legal liabilities arising out of third-party injuries or damages, it also includes a Personal Accident Cover of up to ₹15 Lakhs. Not only this, but if your car is stolen or damaged beyond repair, the insurance provider will reimburse the loss based on the car’s IDV (Insured Declared Value).
With Tata AIG, you can choose from an array of car insurance policies tailored to suit your needs. You can also choose from the 12 unique add-on covers to ensure the maximum security of your Skoda Kodiaq. You can follow the steps below for a Skoda insurance renewal or a new policy purchase from Tata AIG.
Skoda Kodiaq Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
You can buy suitable Skoda Kodiaq insurance with Tata AIG offline and online. To buy or renew Skoda car insurance offline, you can visit the nearest Tata AIG office where an insurance expert will guide you through the process and documentation.
However, for instant purchase or renewal of Skoda Kodiaq insurance without hassle, you can follow the simple steps discussed below.
- Visit the Car Insurance page on the Tata AIG website
- Enter your Skoda Kodiaq registration number
- Click “Get Price” for a new issue or “Renew” for a Skoda insurance renewal
- Fill out the form given to get your Skoda Kodiaq insurance quote
- Choose the appropriate IDV or Insured Declared Value from the list
- Inform us about any past claims, in the absence of which you can benefit from the No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- After providing the required information, the premium for your Skoda car insurance will be displayed
- If you want to buy extra riders for your car, pick from the add-on options and proceed with the payment
- You will be sent a soft copy of your Skoda insurance policy via email once the payment is received.
Skoda Kodiaq Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The Skoda insurance cost depends on the car’s Insured Declared Value (IDV). IDV is your car’s current value, according to which the insurer compensates you if it is stolen or damaged beyond repair.
The table below shows how IDV is calculated after considering a car’s depreciation over the years.
|Less than six months||5%|
|More than 5 years||Decided by the insurance provider and car owner|
While calculating the IDV of your Skoda Kodiaq, Tata AIG considers several factors like its make and model, its age, registration city, type of use and fuel, cubic capacity, etc.
Now that you know what IDV is, you must also get a quote for your Skoda car insurance before buying one. With Tata AIG’s online four-wheeler insurance premium calculator, you can know the Skoda insurance cost, compare car insurance policies online and buy the most affordable plan. You can also visit a local dealer to know your Skoda Kodiaq’s IDV.
Note: Prices of a third-party car insurance policy are based on Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) guidelines that are standardised according to the car’s engine cubic capacity.
Add-ons for Skoda Kodiaq Insurance by Tata AIG
Comprehensive insurance may not suffice for your dream car considering the expensive accessories and rising crimes. So, buying suitable add-on covers is a wise step to give your car an added layer of protection. Tata AIG offers 12 unique add-on covers that include:
1. No Claim Bonus Protection
The No Claim Bonus Protection allows you to raise a car insurance claim for damages during a policy year while retaining the NCB discount. However, the number of claims you can make under this add-on cover is limited. Also, this add-on cover is available with comprehensive insurance only.
2. Zero Depreciation Cover
This add-on cover allows you to avail of reimbursement for the deducted cost of depreciation of the car’s parts when you file a claim. While you can receive a sum insured without deducting depreciation value, the add-on cover only offers this benefit for the first two claims. Also, this rider is available with a standalone own damage or comprehensive insurance policy.
3. Roadside Assistance Cover
The roadside assistance add-on cover acts as a saviour if you and your car are stuck in a remote location with no help nearby. With this add-on cover in place, you can ensure 24/7 assistance by the insurance provider to refuel, tow or for emergency mechanic service.
4. Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts
This add-on cover allows you to raise a car insurance claim for the costs incurred on repairing damaged glass, fibre and plastic parts of your car. With this add-on cover, you can raise one repair claim in a policy year with no effect on the No Claim Bonus.
5. Daily Allowance Cover
Having this cover will reimburse for the costs of travelling without your car if it is damaged and has to stay for a while in a garage. The amount is paid for 10-15 days depending on the reason for the car insurance claim.
6. Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense Cover
This add-on cover pays you for accommodation expenses and travel charges if your car meets with an accident while travelling to your destination.
7. Key Replacement
Key replacement cover reimburses for the costs of replacing lost car keys in case they or the car is stolen.
8. Engine Secure
Engine secure add-on cover allows you to raise a claim to replace or repair your car’s engine without incurring extra costs. Since comprehensive insurance does not cover your engine, this add-on cover ensures the protection of your car’s most valuable part.
9. Tyre Secure
Tyre secure add-on helps you repair or replace your car’s tyres or tubes. However, it is to be noted that this add-on cover compensates for tyre loss or damage caused due to an accident.
10. Consumables Expense
This add-on covers the consumables in your car that are lost and need to be replaced after an accident. The consumables include engine oil, air conditioner gas, gearbox oil, oil filter, nuts and bolts, etc. However, the rider doesn’t cover the cost of fuel in the car.
11. Loss of Personal Belongings
This add-on helps recover the loss or damage to personal belongings in your insured car like audio tapes, CDs, clothes, etc. However, you must note that this add-on does not cover jewellery, watches, cash, or credit/debit cards.
12. Return to Invoice Cover
This add-on allows you to cover the difference between the purchase price and the compensation amount when you file a claim for a stolen or damaged car. Moreover, if there is a new car of the same make and model, the insurer reimburses the difference between the cost of the new car and the claim amount. With this add-on cover, the insurer also pays for the road tax and registration charges you spent on the car.
[Note: Tata AIG believes in transparency and helps its customers make informed decisions. So, you must know that each add-on cover comes with additional costs and raises the car insurance premium. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your car’s needs. ]
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Skoda Kodiaq Insurance
While comprehensive four-wheeler insurance ensures maximum protection of your car, there are certain things that the policy does not cover. Hence, to make an informed decision, you must know the several inclusions and exclusions under your Skoda Kodiaq insurance.
Here is a table that will help you understand what is covered and what is not under comprehensive car insurance:
|Things covered under Skoda Kodiaq Car Insurance||Things not covered under Skoda Kodiaq Car Insurance|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused during driving without a driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of the bike|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to racing activities, speed tests, and durability tests|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Skoda Kodiaq Car Insurance?
Choosing the right insurance provider is crucial to ensure quality care of your car along with a seamless car insurance claim. Hence, choose Tata AIG for the following reasons:
- Tata AIG believes in providing quality services to its customers and helping them make the best choices for their prized possessions
- Trusted by 5 crore happy and satisfied customers, we are preserving millions of dream vehicles for more than 20 years
- At Tata AIG, you can purchase/renew suitable car insurance policies in a hassle-free manner and also pick from the riders to enhance the policy coverage
- Also, by purchasing Skoda car insurance from Tata AIG, you can ensure a quick claim settlement process through our extensive network of cashless garages
- We are supported by over 650 claim experts across the country and are proud to have a 98% claim settlement ratio for FY 2020-21.
Overview –Skoda Kodiaq Car Model
The Skoda Kodiaq is available in the country through CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route and is powered by a 1984cc petrol engine mated with seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Other features of the Kodiaq include:
- Turbocharged petrol engine
- Maximum power of 187. 74bhp at 4200-6000rpm
- Maximum torque of 320Nm at 1500-4100rpm
- BS-VI emission standard compliant
- Fuel tank capacity of 58 litres
- Ground clearance of 192mm
- Mileage of 12.78kmpl
- Anti-lock braking system
- Seating capacity of seven
- 270 litres of boot space
- Multi-function steering wheel
- 9 airbags
- Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
Skoda Kodiaq Price and Variants
The Skoda Kodiaq is available in three variants that are as follows:
|Kodiaq Style||₹37.49 lakh|
|Kodiaq Sportline||₹38.49 lakh|
|Kodiaq Laurin & Klement||₹39.99 lakh|
The Skoda Kodiaq is available in six different colours that include Moon White Metallic, Graphite Grey Metallic, Steel Grey Metallic, Race Blue Metallic, Lava Blue Metallic and Magic Black Metallic.
Unique Selling Points: Skoda Kodiaq Car Features
The Skoda Kodiaq offers the following standout features:
- Hill Descent Control
- Cruise Control
- Differential Lock
- Electronically adjustable front seats with three memory pre-sets
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Automatic Headlamps
- Active Cornering Headlights
- Foot-triggered boot lid opening
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Electronic Stability Program
- Voice Command
Rivals of Skoda Kodiaq Car
The Skoda Kodiaq competes not only with five-seater SUVs but also with ones with seven seating capacities. Some of the cars that compete with Skoda Kodiaq are as follows:
- Toyota Fortuner
- Jeep Compass
- Hyundai Tucson
- Citroen C5 Aircross
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- MG Gloster
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
What are the factors to consider before buying four-wheeler insurance?
What are the factors to consider before buying four-wheeler insurance?
While the process of buying car insurance is free of hassles, researching before it helps you make the best decision for your car. Hence, below are some points you must consider before choosing a Skoda car insurance policy:
- Choose a suitable insurance type after evaluating your car needs and budget
- Ensure optimum policy coverage
- Check the availability of add-on covers
- Select the correct Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car
- Check the network of cashless garages of the insurance provider
- Don’t forget to compare car insurance quotes online
- Check the claim settlement ratio and the quality of services of the insurer
How to use a four-wheeler insurance premium calculator?
To calculate the premium for your four-wheeler insurance, you must follow the steps below:
- Visit the Four-Wheeler insurance page on the Tata AIG website
- Provide your car registration number in the calculator
- Click “Get a Price” for a new policy issue or “Renew” for a car insurance renewal
- Provide the information requested and click “See Price”
- The four-wheeler insurance calculator will now display the correct premium for your car insurance policy
What is the process for a Skoda Kodiaq car insurance claim?
For a Skoda Kodiaq insurance claim, follow the simple steps:
- Call on 1800- 266-7780 or visit the “Claims Support” page on the Tata AIG website
- Now fill in the required information
- You will receive a link on your registered mobile number for self-inspection
- Fill in the correct details about the car damages in the self-inspection form
- A surveyor will also visit to inspect the car
- Make a cashless claim at the network garages or ask for reimbursement for the damages
- To file a claim, you need the Claim form, address and identity proofs, FIR (if present), and insurance policy documents
- You can also track the claim settlement process online
- Once the company examines your car insurance claim, it will be approved and settled