Tata Bolt Insurance
Tata Bolt Insurance
Bolt is a hatchback launched by Tata Motors in January 2015. Now discontinued, Bolt came in eight variants and five attractive colours. The car offers a comfortable ride quality, ample interior space and a fuel-efficient engine. Starting from a price of ₹4.20 lakh, Bolt is good value for money and must be taken care of with a suitable car insurance policy considering the rising accidents, crimes and natural mishaps.
Why Do You Need Four-Wheeler Insurance
Four-wheeler insurance is an agreement between a vehicle owner and the insurance provider where the insurer promises to compensate for the losses arising out of third-party or own damages. In return, the vehicle owner has to pay premiums regularly. It is an efficient tool to stay financially secure if your car is damaged or you get injured while driving it. Here’s more about why you need car insurance for your Tata Bolt:
- Helps you comply with the law
- Protects you from third-party liabilities
- Compensates for loss or theft of your car
- Protects against financial liabilities due to car damages
- Protects your car from natural calamities
- Offers a Personal Accident cover
Now let’s discuss the types of four-wheeler insurance policies in brief.
Types of Four-Wheeler Insurance
There are three types of four-wheeler insurance policies that are as follows:
- Third-Party Liability Cover
The most basic car insurance policy is a third-party liability cover, which is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. Third-party motor insurance covers legal and financial liabilities arising out of third-party injuries/death or property damages. It means you can avail of compensation in case you injure a third party or damage his/her property. However, this type of policy fails to offer respite for your car damages or injuries.
- Standalone Own-Damage Cover
Another four-wheeler insurance is own-damage cover where you can avail of compensation for your losses too. This policy covers damages caused due to accidents, vandalism, riots, theft, fire and explosion and damage beyond repair. However, an own-damage policy does not cover third-party damages, damages due to driving while drunk or without a licence, or mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- Comprehensive Insurance
Among all three, only the comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy can have the bundled benefits of both third-party insurance and standalone OD coverage. It provides extensive coverage for your two-wheeler from several damages due to accidents, natural disasters, riots, strikes, vandalism, theft, and much more. While the policy covers financial and legal liabilities arising out of third-party injuries or damages, it also includes a Personal Accident Cover up to ₹15 Lakhs. If your car is stolen or damaged beyond repair, the insurance provider will reimburse the loss based on the car’s IDV (Insured Declared Value).
Things to Consider While Choosing Insurance for a Car
While the process of buying car insurance is free of hassles, researching before it helps you make the best decision for your car. Hence, below are some points you must consider before choosing a Tata car insurance policy:
- Choose a suitable insurance type after evaluating your car needs and budget
- Ensure optimum policy coverage
- Check the availability of add-on covers
- Select the correct Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car
- Check the network of cashless garages of the insurance provider
- Don’t forget to compare car insurance quotes online
- Check the claim settlement ratio and the quality of services of the insurer
With Tata AIG, you can choose from an array of car insurance policies tailored to suit your needs. You can also choose from the 12 unique add-on covers to ensure the maximum security of your Tata Bolt. You can follow the steps below for a Tata Bolt car insurance renewal or a new policy purchase.
Tata Bolt Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
You can buy suitable Tata motors insurance with Tata AIG offline and online. To buy or renew Tata car insurance offline, you can visit the nearest Tata AIG office where an insurance expert will guide you through the process and documentation.
However, for instant purchase or renewal of Tata Bolt insurance without hassle, you can follow the simple steps discussed below.
- Visit the Car Insurance page on the Tata AIG website
- Enter your Tata Bolt registration number
- Click “Get Price” for a new issue or “Renew” for a Tata car insurance renewal
- Fill out the form given to get your Tata car insurance India quote
- Determine Tata Bolt’s insured declared value (IDV) manually or through the calculator. Select the output from the drop-down menu.
- Inform about any past claims (if there are any) to obtain the No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- After providing the required information, the premium for your Tata Bolt insurance will be displayed
- If you want to buy extra riders for your car, pick from the add-on options and proceed with the payment
- Finally, after you pay the premium online using one of the many digital payment options, you will receive a copy of your Tata Bolt insurance in your email.
Tata Bolt Insurance Price – Your Premium Amount
The Tata Bolt insurance price depends on the car’s Insured Declared Value (IDV). IDV is your car’s current value according to which the insurer compensates you if it is stolen or damaged beyond repair.
The table below shows how IDV is calculated after considering a car’s depreciation over the years.
While calculating the IDV of your Tata Bolt, Tata AIG considers several factors like its make and model, its age, registration city, type of use and fuel, cubic capacity, etc.
Now that you know what IDV is, you must also get a quote for your Tata Bolt insurance before buying one. With Tata AIG’s online four-wheeler insurance premium calculator, you can know the Tata motors insurance cost, compare car insurance policies online and buy the most affordable plan. You can also visit a local dealer to know your Bolt IDV.
Note: Prices of third-party car insurance are based on Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) guidelines that are standardised according to the car’s engine cubic capacity.
Add-ons for Tata Bolt Insurance by Tata AIG
Sometimes, comprehensive insurance may not suffice. So, opting for suitable add-on covers, in addition to your existing comprehensive or standalone OD policy, is a wise step to give your car an added layer of protection. And for those reasons, we offer 12 unique add-on covers:
- No Claim Bonus Protection
The No Claim Bonus Protection allows you to raise a car insurance claim for damages during a policy year while retaining the NCB discount. However, the number of claims you can make under this add-on cover is limited. Also, this add-on cover is available with comprehensive insurance only.
- Zero Depreciation Cover
Zero depreciation cover allows you to avail of reimbursement for the deducted cost of depreciation of the car’s parts when you file a claim. While you can receive a sum insured without deduction of depreciation value, the add-on cover offers this benefit only for the first two claims. Also, this rider is available with a standalone own-damage or comprehensive insurance policy.
- Roadside Assistance Cover
The roadside assistance add-on cover acts as a saviour if you and your car are stuck in a remote location with no help nearby. With this add-on cover in place, you can ensure 24/7 assistance by the insurance provider to refuel, tow or for emergency mechanic service.
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts
This add-on cover allows you to raise car insurance claims for the costs incurred on repairing damaged glass, fibre and plastic parts of your car. With this add-on cover, you can raise one repair claim in a policy year with no effect on the No Claim Bonus.
- Daily Allowance Cover
This add-on cover reimburses for the costs of travelling without your car if it is damaged and has to stay for a while in a garage. The amount is paid for 10-15 days depending on the reason for the car insurance claim.
- Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense Cover
This add-on cover pays you for accommodation expenses and travel charges if your car meets with an accident while travelling to your destination.
- Key Replacement
Replacing a key can cost you more than you can imagine, particularly if the key has sensors in it. A key replacement cover, therefore, is a good choice to have. It reimburses for the costs of replacing lost car keys in case they or the car is stolen.
- Engine Secure
This add-on cover allows you to raise a claim to replace or repair your car’s engine without incurring extra costs. Since comprehensive insurance does not cover your engine, this add-on cover ensures the protection of your car’s most valuable part.
- Tyre Secure**bold text**
Generally, tyres are not covered in the insurance, unless you buy this add-on. It will help you repair or replace your car’s tyres or tubes. However, it is to be noted that this add-on cover compensates for tyre loss or damage caused due to an accident.
- Consumables Expense
This add-on covers the consumables in your car that are lost and need to be replaced after an accident. The consumables include engine oil, air conditioner gas, gearbox oil, oil filter, nuts and bolts, etc. However, the rider doesn’t cover the cost of fuel in the car.
- Loss of Personal Belongings
This add-on helps recover the loss or damage to personal belongings in your insured car like audio tapes, CDs, clothes, etc. However, you must note that this add-on does not cover jewellery, watches, cash, or credit/debit cards.
- Return to Invoice Cover
This add-on allows you to cover the difference between the purchase price and the compensation amount when you file a claim for a stolen or damaged car. Moreover, if there is a new car of the same make and model, the insurer reimburses the difference between the cost of the new car and the claim amount. With this add-on cover, the insurer also pays for the road tax and registration charges you spent on the car.
[Note: Tata AIG believes in transparency and helps its customers make informed decisions. So, you must know that each add-on cover comes with additional costs and raises the car insurance premium. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your Tata Bolt needs.]
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Tata Bolt Insurance
While comprehensive four-wheeler insurance ensures maximum protection of your car, there are certain things that the policy does not cover. Hence, to make an informed decision, you must know the several inclusions and exclusions under your Tata car insurance India.
Here is a table that will help you understand what is covered and what is not under comprehensive car insurance:
|What is covered?||What is not covered?|
|Any damage to your Tata Bolt caused by natural disasters like cyclones, floods, tsunamis, and earthquakes.||carinsurance does not cover electrical faults, mechanical failures, normal wear and tear, or consequential losses.|
|Damage repair bills arising from lighting, fire, explosion, or self-ignition causing damage to your Tata Bolt.||If you drive your Tata Bolt outside the geographical boundary specified in the policy and it sustains damage, you must pay the repair bill out of your own pocket.|
|Your Tata Bolt insurance covers damages caused due to vandalism, riots, and other man-made disasters.||Your Tata Bolt comprehensive car insurance does not accept claims for mutiny, nuclear perils, or war-related car damage.|
|If your Tata Bolt is stolen, the policy will compensate up to the IDV.||If you use your Tata Bolt for speed testing, illegal activities, or racing and it sustains damage as a result of these activities, your policy will not cover the loss|
|If your Tata Bolt car sustains damage while in transit.||Tata AIG will not cover loss to your car if it only has third-party liability insurance and does not have own-damage coverage.|
|Legal liabilities if your insured Tata Bolt damages third-party property or injures them in an accident.||A road mishap involving your Tata Bolt caused by drunk driving or narcotics intoxication is subject to Tata AIG's policy exclusion.|
|If the driver of the Tata Bolt suffers injury/disability or, in the worst-case scenario, dies, then depending on the situation, the insurer will pay the lump sum (as per the policy limits) to the nominee or cover the medical treatment costs.||If the concerned authority discovers you/the driver without a valid driving licence at the scene of the accident involving your car, your claim request will be denied.|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Tata Bolt Insurance?
Choosing the right insurance provider is crucial to ensure quality care of your car along with a seamless car insurance claim. Hence, choose Tata AIG for the following reasons:
- Tata AIG believes in providing quality services to its customers and helping them make the best choices for their prized possessions
- Trusted by 5 crore happy and satisfied customers, we are preserving millions of dream vehicles for more than 20 years
- At Tata AIG, you can purchase/renew suitable car insurance policies in a hassle-free manner and also pick from the riders to enhance the policy coverage
- Also, by purchasing Tata car insurance from Tata AIG, you can ensure a hassle-free and quick claim settlement process through our extensive network of cashless garages
- We are supported by over 650 claim experts across the country and are proud to have a 98% claim settlement ratio for FY 2020-21.
Tata Bolt Price and Variants
Tata Bolt has eight variants that are as follows:
|XE Petrol||₹5.25 lakh|
|XM Petrol||₹5.87 lakh|
|XMS Petrol||₹6.11 lakh|
|XE Diesel||₹6.58 lakh|
|XT Petrol||₹6.78 lakh|
|XMS Diesel||₹7.16 lakh|
|XT Diesel||₹7.85 lakh|
Tata Bolt has five different colours that include: Pristine White, Venetian Red, Platinum Silver, Titanium Grey and Sky Grey
Unique Selling Points: Tata Bolt Car Features
You may have some more questions about the Tata Bolt and its insurance process. So, we have enlisted the frequently asked questions in the later part of this article that will help you buy, renew or claim your Tata car insurance easily. But before we get to that part, let us talk about some of the top selling points of Tata Bolt.
The Bolt’s height is accompanied by perfect dimensions that offer a mature stance to the hatchback. The wide air intake, honeycomb grille, fog lamps, and headlamps provide a dynamic look to the Bolt making it look like a premium version of Vista. Moreover, the floating roof spoiler gives a sporty touch to the hatchback which is further aided by the massive chrome number plate.
The interior quality of the Bolt is never seen in previous Tata cars. While the overall interior is pleasing and stylish, the instrument panel is set at right angles accommodating multiple infotainment and connectivity features. Apart from this, the driver’s seat offers great visibility while allowing you to control the steering wheel according to the driving position.
The Bolt is a perfect fit if you are looking for a car for daily commuting and highway ride. The drive quality of this Tata hatchback is excellent which is accompanied by quality interiors, a multi-drive system and stability control. The multi-drive system (City, Eco and Sport) allows you to switch driving modes according to your driving skills and terrain. While the eco mode helps save fuel and optimise engine performance, the sport mode provides enhanced throttle response and the city mode offers balanced driveability between the eco and sport drives.
Rivals of Tata Bolt Car
Some of the cars that compete with Tata Bolt are as follows:
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Hyundai Santro
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Renault Kwid
- Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
- Tata Tiago NRG
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
Frequently Asked Question
How to use a four-wheeler insurance premium calculator?
To calculate the premium for your four-wheeler insurance, you must follow the steps below:
- Visit the Four-Wheeler insurance page on the Tata AIG website
- Provide your car registration number in the calculator
- Click “Get a Price” for a new policy issue or “Renew” for a car insurance renewal
- Provide the information requested and click “See Price”
- The four-wheeler insurance calculator will now display the correct premium for your car insurance
What is the process for a Tata car insurance claim?
For a Tata car insurance claim, follow the simple steps:
- Call on 1800- 266-7780 or visit the “Claims Support” page on the Tata AIG website
- Now fill in the required information
- You will receive a link on your registered mobile number for self-inspection
- Fill in the correct details about the car damages in the self-inspection form
- A surveyor will also visit to inspect the car
- Make a cashless claim at the network garages or ask for reimbursement for the damages
- While filing a claim, you may need these documents: the claim form, the FIR copy (if needed), insurance policy documents, and address and identity proofs
- You can also track the claim settlement process online
- Once the company examines your car insurance claim, it will be approved and settled