Kawasaki Ninja 400 Insurance
Kawasaki Ninja 400 Insurance
With sharp new styling and a high-performance engine, the new Kawasaki Ninja 400 is a sports bike that makes heads turn with its thrilling presence. It is the seventh Ninja series bike introduced in the country. The sporty riding position and advanced dynamic rigidity make the Ninja 400 one of the most loved bikes in India. Launched in April 2018, Ninja 400 is equipped with a stronger performance engine than its predecessors and is a perfect fit for those looking for bikes between 300 and 650cc.
If you have bought or planning to buy a Kawasaki Ninja 400, you are definitely a bike enthusiast. Therefore, you would undoubtedly like to protect your Kawasaki Ninja 400 with suitable bike insurance considering its price and value. So, what type of insurance policy for your bike do you need?
Tata AIG offers all three types of bike insurance policies. Third-party bike insurance is mandatory according to Motor Vehicle laws, in the absence of which you may have to pay a hefty fine of ₹2000. While the policy compensates for third-party liabilities, it fails to offer a respite if you or your bike is injured or damaged. So, you must consider buying more than a third-party liability cover.
The other two bike insurance policies are standalone own damage and comprehensive insurance. Standalone own damage insurance allows you to avail of compensation for your own damages. But a comprehensive policy protects your bike from multiple threats like accidents, natural calamities, and riots and also pays any third-party liability.
Find out how to renew or buy suitable insurance for your Kawasaki Ninja 400 with Tata AIG.
Kawasaki Ninja 400 Insurance Renewal/Buy via Tata AIG
Depending on your bike needs, you can buy an insurance policy for your bike with Tata AIG through offline and online modes. You can visit the nearest Tata AIG office to buy a policy offline. But to purchase or renew your 2-wheeler insurance online, follow these steps and get your Kawasaki bike insurance online instantly.
- Visit the Bike Insurance page on the Tata AIG website.
- Enter your Kawasaki Ninja 400 registration number.
- Click “Get Price” if you wish to buy a new policy or “Renew” for a Kawasaki Ninja 400 insurance renewal.
- Fill out the form and get your bike insurance quote.
- Select the correct Insured Declared Value (IDV) from the list.
- Don’t forget to inform Tata AIG about any past claims. If there are no past claims, you can avail of a No Claim Bonus.
- After providing the information about the IDV and past claims, the premium for your Ninja 400 insurance will be displayed.
- To buy extra riders for your Ninja 400, you can pick from the add-on options and proceed with the payment.
- After due payment, Tata AIG will send a soft copy of your Kawasaki bike insurance via email.
Kawasaki Ninja 400 Insurance Cost – Your Premium Amount
The Kawasaki Ninja 400 insurance cost depends on its Insured Declared Value (IDV). IDV is the current market value of a vehicle. It is the amount that the insurance company pays you if the insured bike is stolen or damaged beyond repair. While calculating your Ninja 400’s IDV, Tata AIG considers several factors like its make and model, registration city, type of use and fuel, cubic capacity, etc. You can know your bike’s IDV by using an online two-wheeler premium calculator. This online tool helps you compare different bike insurance policies and buy the most affordable plan to secure your Ninja 400.
You can also visit a local dealer for the purpose. However, the premium rates for third-party bike insurance depend on the IRDAI guidelines. The policy prices are standardised based on your bike’s engine cubic capacity.
Add-ons for Kawasaki Ninja 400 Insurance by Tata AIG
Sometimes, comprehensive insurance may not suffice considering several other risks to your bike. Considering the advanced accessories, rising thefts, etc., you can enhance your bike insurance coverage with the help of add-on covers. Tata AIG offers 12 unique add-on covers that are as follows:
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Repair of Glass, Fibre and Plastic Parts
- Daily Allowance Cover
- Emergency Transport & Hotel Expense Cover
- Key Replacement
- Engine Secure
- Tyre Secure
- Consumables Expense
- Loss of Personal Belongings
- Return to Invoice Cover
[Note: The add-on covers come with additional costs and raise the Kawasaki Ninja 400 insurance premium. So, before adding the riders, you should evaluate your bike’s needs so that you can buy suitable ones. ]
Things Covered and Not Covered under Tata AIG’s Kawasaki Ninja
Tata AIG ensures that its customers make informed decisions. So, before buying a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy, you must know its inclusions and exclusions. Here is a table that will help you understand what is covered and what is not under your Kawasaki bike insurance:
|Things covered under Kawasaki Ninja 400 Insurance||Things not covered under Kawasaki Ninja 400 Insurance|
|Damages to third-party property and third-party death/injury||Normal wear and tear due to depreciation|
|Damages caused by accidents||Damages caused during driving without a driving licence|
|Damages due to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown and consequential loss|
|Damages due to riots, vandalism, or strikes||Damages caused by commercial usage of the bike|
|Theft, burglary or housebreaking damages||Damages caused by driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants|
|Damages caused by terrorist activities||Damages due to racing activities|
|Fire damages due to self-ignition, explosion or lightning.||Damages due to war or nuclear threats|
|Damages caused during transit||Damages caused outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy|
Why is it Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Kawasaki Ninja Insurance?
For more than 20 years, Tata AIG has been preserving millions of dream vehicles, ensuring maximum protection. Here are more reasons to choose Tata AIG to secure your Kawasaki Ninja bike:
- With Tata AIG, you can buy 2-wheeler insurance online hassle-free.
- Dedicated to satisfying its customers with its quality service, Tata AIG is a trusted brand which is proud to have 5 crore satisfied customers.
- With Tata AIG, you can buy tailored insurance policies according to your bike needs.
- The 12 unique riders complement comprehensive insurance and help enhance your bike’s protection.
- Being a performance-driven brand, Tata AIG ensures a hassle-free claim settlement process for its customers and offers an extensive network of cashless garages for seamless and quick claim settlement service.
- Due to its dedication to service, the company is proud to have a 98% claim settlement ratio for FY 2020-21.
Overview –Kawasaki Ninja 400 Bike Model
With a price starting from ₹4,99,000, Kawasaki Ninja offers ease of riding with its lightweight and high performance. According to Kawasaki Motors, Ninja 300 is suitable for beginners, and Ninja 650 gains popularity among experienced riders. But Ninja 400 offers a choice to bike lovers looking for an engine capacity between 300-650cc.
Other technical features of Kawasaki Ninja 400 include:
- 399 cc engine
- Liquid-cooled, four-stroke parallel twin engine
- Maximum Power 45PS at 10000rpm
- Maximum Torque 37Nm at 8000rpm
- BS 6 emission standard
- 5 kmpl mileage
- Digital Tachometer
- Disc Brakes in front and rear along with dual channel ABS
- Telescopic forks in front and mono-shock at the rear
- Kerb weight of 168kgs
- Tubeless tyres with alloy wheels
- Fuel Tank Capacity of 14 litres
- LED Tail light
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Anti-locking brake system
Kawasaki Ninja 400 Price and Variants
Kawasaki Ninja 400 is available in only one variant with a price starting from ₹4,99,000.
Unique Selling Points: Kawasaki Ninja 400 Features
Kawasaki Ninja 400 is a small-capacity sports bike with fresh graphics. Being the most affordable bike from Kawasaki’s sports bike range, Ninja 400 has a 399cc twin-cylinder engine that propels higher power and excellent controllability. The high performance is due to the new downdraft intake and a larger airbox with high intake efficiency. The low-end torque helps in throttle control for the riders. The bike’s advanced dynamic rigidity analysis ensures superb rigidity along with light weight. Also, the new Ninja 400 is featured with Swingarm Mounting Plate that helps provide stability.
Kawasaki Ninja is equipped with the largest disc brakes in the segment. Also, the sporty riding positions and more rigid front fork make Ninja 400 unique. With a radiator fan cover, the manufacturer ensures the engine heat is pulled away from the rider, providing riding comfort.
Rivals of Kawasaki Ninja 400
Some of the rival bikes of Kawasaki Ninja 400 are —
- Yamaha YZF-R3
- Benelli 302R
- KTM RC 390
- Kawasaki Ninja 300
- CFMoto 450SR
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
How to raise a claim for bike insurance?
How to raise a claim for bike insurance?
To claim your bike insurance, follow the simple steps:
- Call on 1800- 266-7780 or visit the “Claims Support” page on the Tata AIG website.
- Now fill in the required information.
- You will receive a link on your registered mobile number for self-inspection.
- Fill in the correct details about the bike damages in the self-inspection form.
- A surveyor will also visit to inspect the insured bike.
- Make a cashless claim at the network garages or ask for reimbursement for the damages.
- Submit the following documents to file a claim: Claim form, FIR if present, address and identity proofs, and insurance policy documents.
- You can also track the claim settlement process online.
- After examining your claim, Tata AIG will approve and settle it.
How is the IDV of a bike calculated?
Insured Declared Value is the market value of your bike that the insurance company pays in case of its theft or total damage. The table below shows how IDV is calculated after considering the depreciation of the bike over the years.
Other factors that determine the Kawasaki Ninja 400’s IDV are as follows:
- Make and model
- Age of the bike
- Registration date and city
- Type of fuel
- Type of insurance policy
- Policy duration
What are the available colours in Kawasaki Ninja 400?
Kawasaki Ninja 400 is available in one variant and two-colour schemes. The two-colour schemes include lime green and black and black and grey.
What is the process for Kawasaki bike insurance renewal?
To renew your bike insurance, visit the Bike Insurance page on the Tata AIG website and follow the steps:
- Enter the bike’s registration number and click the “Renew” option.
- Fill out the form with the correct details about the bike.
- To get the premium amount, select the correct IDV of your car.
- Notify the insurance company about the previous claims to avail of the No Claim Bonus.
- Add suitable riders if you wish to enhance your bike’s insurance coverage.
- Choose any digital payment option to make the payment, after which you will receive a soft copy via email.