Switzerland Visa for Indians
Switzerland Visa for Indians
Get your Travel Insurance plan for Switzerland, starting at just ₹40.82 per day* (with COVID-19 covered).
If you are a Hindi cinema lover, you are inherently a Yash Raj fan. And being a Yash Raj fan, you must also be quite fascinated with the picturesque locales in his romance movies, aren’t you? And did you know that Yash Raj majorly filmed his movies in Switzerland? Well, we can assume that you know that already as well! So, why not plan a trip to this divinely beautiful country soon?
And if you are planning a trip abroad and Switzerland is on your top priority list, you will need to apply for a Switzerland visa soon after booking your tickets. Every Indian traveller to Switzerland will need a valid Switzerland tourist visa to enter the country and be a part of its beauty for a few days. And the visa application process is also quite straightforward.
However, before we get into the details of a Switzerland visa for Indians, let us also tell you that having a robust travel insurance plan is prudent. While touring around this beautiful country, you may fall prey to several trip-related emergencies. For instance, you may fall sick or meet with an accident. You may lose your luggage or passport or miss a connecting flight. And your travel insurance, in such cases, can offer unmatched financial assistance.
With Tata AIG, you can compare travel insurance policies on our website and choose a plan that best suits your requirements. If you’re travelling to Switzerland with your family, you can opt for a family travel insurance plan from us and pay one single premium for extensive coverage benefits.
Our international travel plans offer amazing coverage. Our travel policies for international trips start at just ₹40.82 per day*, and our travel insurance for Switzerland will offer entire journey cover, local assistance, luggage cover, medical cover, and a lot more.
What Exactly Is a Switzerland Visa?
Switzerland is situated in the Western-central part of Europe, and in the recent past, India has become a very important country for them in terms of tourism. Switzerland is a very popular foreign destination for Indian travellers, and if you are planning your first trip to this country soon, you need to understand the few specifications of a Swiss visa.
The Swiss government offers several kinds of visas to Indian visitors. The various types of Switzerland visas for Indians are as mentioned below –
- Switzerland tourist Visa
- Switzerland Work Visa
- Switzerland Business Visa
- Switzerland Visitor Visa
So, if you plan a trip to Switzerland, a Swiss visa India is mandated for you. And it is also advisable to apply for a Switzerland visa as soon as you book your tickets for this beautiful country. Based on your purpose of visit, you must apply for a visa for your trip to Switzerland.
Kinds of Switzerland Visa for Indian Citizens
As mentioned above, there are four different types of Swiss visas for the Indian tourists –
1. Tourist Visa – Indian citizens who wish to visit Switzerland for tourism need to apply for a Switzerland tourist visa from India. 2. Business Visa - Indians travelling to Switzerland to do business should apply for this visa type. The Swiss immigration department needs to approve this visa. 3. Visitor Visa – Indians travelling to Switzerland on the invitation of a friend or a family member needs to apply for this visa. 4. Employment/Work Visa – If anyone wants to work in Switzerland and live there, they need to apply for a Switzerland work visa for Indians.
Who Should Apply for a Switzerland Visa from India?
Every Indian citizen who wishes to travel to Switzerland should apply for a Switzerland visa. Whether you are planning a short-stay trip to this beautiful country or looking forward to a long-term stay in Switzerland, applying for a visa before your trip is a must. Even if you wish to travel for work, you need to apply for a Switzerland work visa from India.
Indian citizens must obtain a valid Swiss visa India from the Switzerland Embassy or Consulate if they plan to visit Switzerland for a longer period. If you are travelling to Switzerland with your family and need to apply for a Switzerland visa, ensure that you buy the right Switzerland tourist visa from India for your family members.
When Should One Apply for a Switzerland Visa for Indians?
It takes a minimum of 15 working days for a Switzerland visa to get processed by the Embassy or Consulate. However, in a few cases, it could take a little longer. Hence, you should plan well ahead of time and apply for your visa accordingly.
How Can Indian Nationals Apply for a Switzerland Visa?
The Switzerland visa application process is simple and hassle-free. Due to the relative rush of Indian visitors to Switzerland in the past few years, it’s not even tough to get a visa processed for an Indian traveller. You can apply for a Swiss visa India either in person or through the help of a travel agent at the Switzerland Visa Application Centre, New Delhi. You cannot apply for a visa for your Switzerland trip through courier or post.
If you wish to apply for a Switzerland visa from India, follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Schedule an interview appointment at the Switzerland visa application centre.
- Before applying for the same, you need to choose the right visa category in your visa application.
- You will receive a date of the interview, and you will have to visit the embassy on the said date.
- You need to carry all the necessary documents and submit the same with your duly filled visa application form at the centre.
- Pay the Switzerland visa fees once the interview is over, and wait for that stamping on your passport.
Documents Needed to Apply for Switzerland Visa for Indians
If you plan to visit Switzerland anytime soon, you need to keep a few documents handy to make your visa application process smooth. Here's a list of all the necessary documents that you will need to submit along with your Switzerland visa application form to get a valid visa for your Swiss trip:
- A valid Indian Passport with a validity of a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Switzerland.
- Duly filled Switzerland visa application form.
- Two photographs of the applicants with a dimension of 35X45 mm in matt finish and white background.
- A cover letter mentioning travel details.
- Copy of a Travel Insurance plan for Switzerland.
- Return tickets for your Switzerland trip.
- A complete itinerary of your Swiss trip.
- Proof of accommodation; hotel or Airbnb booking details in Switzerland.
- Income Tax Returns (ITR) for the last 3 years.
- Last 6 months’ Bank Statement.
- Salary Slips for the last 3 months.
Switzerland Visa Fees
Switzerland visa fees are different for the different types of visas. All applicants applying for a Switzerland visa have to pay a certain amount as a visa fee while submitting the visa application form and the necessary documents. The following table shows the Switzerland visa fees payable by applicants based on their visa type:
|Types of Switzerland Visa||Embassy/Consulate Fees|
|Single Entry Switzerland Visa for Adults||₹6683|
|Single Entry Switzerland Visa for Children (6-12 years)||₹4683|
|Single Entry Switzerland Visa for Children (0-6 years)||₹1683|
Switzerland Visa Application Centres in India
*For Delhi *–
|The embassy of Switzerland||Nyaya Marg, Chankya Puri, New Delhi-110021, India||011 4995 9500/ 9510/ 4995 9520|
For Mumbai –
|The Consulate General of Switzerland||102 Maker Chambers IV, 10th Floor, 222, Jamnalal Bajaj Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021 India||022 2288 4563 / 64 /65 , 2283 1738, 6632 4161|
For Kolkata –
|The Consulate General of Switzerland||Titagarh Wagons Ltd., Premlata Building, 4th Floor, 39, Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata - 700 017||033 2283 4467|
For Chennai –
|The Consulate General of Switzerland||I-6 Dr. V.S.I. Estate, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai - 600 041||044 4207 4838|
For Bangalore –
|The Consulate General of Switzerland||Crescent Park, No 26/7 Rest House Crescent, Bangalore - 560 051||080- 4113 0905|
Travel Insurance Policy for Switzerland Visa
As a tourist in Switzerland from India, one of the common issues that you may face is the high cost of living there. In Switzerland, you cannot afford bottled water. However, the tap water is so clean and safe that you do not even need to buy water there! But if a simple bottle of water can cost so much there, can you imagine the healthcare costs in Switzerland?
From costly meals to stay, there is a reason why Switzerland is considered to be a paradise. And this is exactly why you would need a travel insurance plan while touring there. Travel insurance for Switzerland will keep your pockets safe by covering the costs of some of the major unforeseen circumstances.
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance’s financial protection, you can be assured of not breaking the bank! Illnesses and accidents may arise at any point during your stay in Switzerland. Also, you may lose your passport, baggage or other essentials. Your connecting flights may get delayed or cancelled suddenly, or you may miss a flight. And during such a worrying time, you will not know whom to approach for help in an unknown land.
At Tata AIG's official website, you can compare travel insurance policies online. This way, you will know the different policy charges and then pick the most-suited plan for your budget. With our travel insurance premium calculator, your policy purchase can get a lot easier.
Switzerland Visa - Post-COVID Mandatory Documents
The ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic has altered the way people travel overseas. However, the virus is losing its grip over our lives, and hence, entry restrictions are also slowly getting lifted by the Swiss government for its international travellers. But before booking your tickets for Switzerland, you must check the travel restrictions in Switzerland.
Reasons for the Rejection of Switzerland Visa Application
Your application for a Switzerland visa may be rejected because of the following reasons:
- Submission of inaccurate/incomplete visa application form
- History of immigration crimes or involvement in criminal activities
- No clear proof of one's plans and purpose from going or returning from Switzerland
- Insufficient documentary evidence required to prove your visa application
Things to Know About Switzerland
- Swiss people consider guinea pigs to be very social animals and hence, the locals keep guinea pigs as pets.
- A large part of the mountains in Switzerland has hollowed out bunkers for the protection of the army and civilians in the event of an attack.
- Switzerland is a beautiful country of towering mountains and glistening lakes but has no coastlines.
- Switzerland has 26 cantons and four official languages.
- Sundays are special in Switzerland, and the law prohibits several everyday activities.
- Swiss chocolates are famous all over the world. However, the locals love their chocolates and hence, they have been perfecting the art of making chocolates since time immemorial.
- A trip to Switzerland is incomplete without tasting their cheese and fondues.
What Should One Explore When They Arrive in Switzerland?
- Get the adrenaline rush by experiencing boating at Rhine Falls.
- If you are a history buff, then a visit to the Chillon Castle is necessary.
- In Zurich, try sky dining as it is one of the most basic things to do in Switzerland.
- Experience the true beauty of Switzerland in the Bernina Express Ride.
- Experience the thrill of skiing in the heart of Grindelwald.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Why do Indians need a visa to travel to Switzerland?
You need to apply for a Switzerland visa to enter the country, whether as a tourist, scholar, business, or medical. You need to apply for a Switzerland visa well in advance and should know the exact type of visa as per your travel plans before applying for the same.
2. Is it easy to get a Switzerland visa from India?
Applying for a Swiss visa India is pretty hassle-free and straightforward. You can visit the Switzerland embassy or consulate to apply for a Swiss visa for your upcoming trip to this beautiful nation.
3. What happens to the application fees if the Switzerland tourist Visa is rejected?
There is no option of refunding application fees even if the visa application is rejected. Hence, it is advisable to carefully follow every guideline before submitting the documents and applying online to avoid such circumstances.
4. How can one purchase travel insurance for Switzerland?
With Tata AIG, one can easily buy a Travel Insurance Plan for Switzerland by following the steps mentioned below:
- One needs to open Tata AIG's official website and visit the Travel Insurance page.
- In the tab named 'Travelling to', enter Switzerland as your preferred travel destination
- One needs to enter the starting and ending date of their Swiss trip.
- Select the 'Get Plan' option to fetch the Tata AIG Swiss Travel Insurance Plans that they can pick from.
- One must submit the essentials and particulars like name, contact details, address, etc.
- Select the 'Get Quote' option to receive the travel insurance quote.
- One needs to pay the premium charges online if they feel the quote is suitable.
- Download their Tata AIG Swiss Travel Insurance Plan copy by their registered email ID.
5. What does Tata AIG's Travel Insurance for Switzerland Plan Cover?
Tata AIG Travel Insurance Switzerland Plan puts forward the following covers:
- Journey cover
- Medical cover
- COVID-19 cover
- Hijack cover
- Luggage cover
- Personal Liability cover
- Cover against Sickness and Accidents