Colombia Travel Insurance
Colombia Travel Insurance
Colombia is located in the northwest region of the huge South American peninsula. In the south, it shares its borders with Peru and Ecuador. In the east, it shares the border with Venezuela and Brazil. Panama is located on the northwest border of the country. Most of the population in Colombia stays in the mountainous inland of the country. Spanish is known as the official language of the country. The capital city of Colombia is Bogotá, which is one of the high-altitude cities located in the north of the Andes range.
Colombia is a country that reflects magical realism. The country is home to Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the famous Nobel laureate. The stunning South American country’s ethereal yet contrasting landscape inspires magic in every direction. It is the beautiful land of the mighty Andes mountain range, the lush green Amazon, stunning Caribbean and Pacific coastlines, colonial landmarks, and mythical cultural and archaeological ruins.
If you plan to go to Colombia for a vacation, it is essential that you make a list of all the things to do after your travel to Colombia from India. It is also essential to remember that before your trip to the beautiful country, you would need to apply for a Colombian visa. To travel to Colombia from India, you need a valid visa for Colombia. You can get a visa depending on the reason for visiting the country. So, before you plan to travel, you must get a valid Colombian visa, fulfil any visa requirements, and get a pre-approved Colombian visa for your trip.
Buying travel insurance for Colombia is simple and efficient with Tata AIG. After the submission of all the necessary documents and the travel insurance premium, the policy will be sent to you by mail. Moreover, your policy will include flight cancellation insurance which is essential. If an unfortunate event takes place during your trip, the process to file a claim is also simple. So, buy a Colombia travel insurance plan and make the most of your trip!
Benefits of Purchasing a Suitable Colombia Travel Insurance Plan
Wherever you are travelling in the world, the need for one essential thing is always constant - a suitable international travelling insurance plan. The same applies to your travel to Colombia from India.
Even though the Colombia travel insurance requirements are not compulsory, having a travel insurance plan is always a good idea. If you are looking for a suitable plan, always choose one that has comprehensive coverage with a suitable premium. The travelling insurance plan from Tata AIG can offer you just that.
Here are some of the top inclusions in Colombia travel insurance:
- Coverage for hijack
- Coverage against any delay/loss of baggage
- Coverage against any delay/cancellation of the respective flight
- Personal liability cover
- Coverage against loss of your passport
- Theft coverage
- Coverage against accident and illness/sickness
- Coverage against hospitalisation for treating Covid-19
- Travel assistance cover
- Option to increase the validity of the travel insurance plan for up to 7 days in case your flight is delayed/cancelled, and the international travel insurance plan is almost about to expire.
- Option to increase the validity of the travel insurance plan for a period of up to 60 days if there is an unfortunate event related to sickness, illness or/and hospitalisation, or accident when the international travelling insurance plan is about to expire.
With a suitable Colombia travel insurance plan, you can make the most of your trip without having to worry about financial issues if an unfortunate event happens.
Travel Insurance for Colombia from India
No matter what the reason for your travel is, the uncertainty that comes with travel cannot be ignored. Travelling to another country for work, study, leisure, business, etc., means leaving your own country, which can be stressful, and if anything goes wrong, the stress can get enhanced. To stay free from stress on your travels, buying a travel insurance plan is the right idea.
Although an unfortunate event can occur at any time, and there is no way to prevent it, we can add a layer of protection through the purchase of travel insurance. A travelling insurance plan covers plenty of risks like hospitalisation due to Covid-19 infection, delay or loss of your baggage at the airport, personal liabilities, etc.
When you choose a travel health insurance plan for Colombia, the focus should be on choosing the right plan that offers optimal coverage. The Colombia travel insurance plan from Tata AIG can fulfil all your Colombia travel insurance requirements without taking too much money out of your pocket. If you are looking for the right travel medical insurance plan for Colombia, this is where your search concludes.
Colombia Travel Insurance - Benefits Offered
When you buy a Colombia travel insurance plan, you will realise that there is no one plan that will fit everyone because everyone has different needs. So, when you buy a travelling insurance plan for Colombia from Tata AIG, you have a certain amount of flexibility so that you are able to customise the plan as per your Colombia travel insurance needs.
While purchasing a travelling insurance plan, you can choose a suitable sum insured, and the coverage that you think is required. You are also able to choose to get an extension on your policy if there is a medical emergency or flight delay, or cancellation.
Here are the top advantages offered under the Colombia travel insurance:
Medical coverage: One of the top reasons to choose a travel health insurance plan for Colombia is to get coverage for medical treatments if you are outside India. If you are hospitalised due to an accident or a medical exigency in Colombia, the travel insurance plan will be the financial shield that protects you from the high medical costs of treatment.
Coverage for Covid-19: One of the things that have affected international travel is the Covid-19 pandemic. The risk of contracting the Covid-19 infection and hospitalisation if the infection is severe can cause panic. With a Tata AIG travelling insurance plan, you will be covered for hospitalisation if you contract Covid-19. Thus, you can recover in peace without having to worry about outrageous medical bills.
Baggage cover: Airports are identical to a maze where losing baggage or a delay in the arrival of your baggage is a common occurrence. But, such events can cause problems in your travel arrangements and further plans. With the Tata AIG travel insurance plan, any loss of baggage will be covered. The baggage coverage will pay you for the entire bag(s) or any missing item up to the extent mentioned in the travel insurance policy document.
Journey cover: Any journey is full of risks. A travel insurance plan will protect you from any risks that are related to your journey. Journey risks could lead to financial losses if they were to occur. So, a journey cover will provide coverage against risks like loss of your passport, flight delay/cancellations, cancellation of the bookings of your hotel, etc.
Other types of benefits: The other benefits offered by travel medical insurance for Colombia include:
- No need for a medical examination to get a travelling insurance policy
- Travel assistance coverage
- Simple & quick process of purchasing the policy
- Seamless & efficient claim filing & settlement process
- Coverage is provided in USD for travel insurance policies that have been bought in INR
- Affordable Colombia travel insurance
Visa Details for Your Travel to Colombia from India
As an Indian, you need to apply for a Colombian visa to travel to Colombia. The visa needs to be approved before you fly to the country. There are mainly three types of Colombian visas that you can apply for. These include:
- Visitor Visa(V)
A visitor visa for Colombia is issued for many different purposes like medical consultation, tourism, business, transit, exchange programmes, internships, volunteer work, and others. The visa duration is 90 days, and the duration might or might not be extendable. The two major types of visas that fall under this category are business visas and tourism visas. A tourist visa will allow you to travel within the country for tourism purposes, whereas with a business visa, you can do business-related activities within the country.
- Resident Visa(R)
A resident visa allows you to become a temporary resident in the country. There are different types of visas issued under this category. This is mainly for people who wish to study for extended periods in the country, make an investment, or gain employment in the country. The purpose of your stay will decide the duration of your stay in the country.
- Migration Visa(R)
A migration visa includes permanent residence and migration permits. This is issued to people who wish to become permanent residents of the country. The duration of the visa is a lifetime, but the duration might differ depending on the situation.
The laws related to travel have become quite stringent in almost every country because of the pandemic. Thus, it is advisable to submit all the necessary documents and visa applications on time to get your visa as per your travel plans.
Also, while you apply for a Colombian visa, it is necessary to showcase that you have no hostile intention of entering the country. If you submit the visa application and all the required documents, you will receive your visa within 25 to 30 days.
Documents Required for Visa and Travelling to Colombia
Here is the list of documents that you require to travel to Colombia on a Colombian visa:
- An Indian passport with six months validity
- Two passport-size photos
- A travel itinerary to Colombia
- A copy of your pre-approved visa
- Evidence of all the hotel bookings and/or any alternate arrangements for accommodation
- Travelling insurance plan for Colombia
- A copy of the flight return ticket from Colombia
- A letter that states the purpose of the travel to Colombia
- Proof that there are sufficient funds for the trip to Colombia
- Salary slips for three to six months before your travel
- Income tax returns for the previous 3 years
The Indian Embassy in Colombia
Here are the details of the Indian embassy in Colombia
Essential Safety Points for Your Travel to Colombia from India
Here are some of the essential safety points that you need to remember when you travel to Colombia:
- Ensure that you have your passport with you all the time.
- Keep all your important documents and valuables safe.
- Ensure that any Covid-19-related rules and regulations are being followed.
- Do not participate in any kind of protests or demonstrations in Colombia.
- Any laws related to the consumption of alcohol need to be followed.
- Ensure that you have the contact information of the Indian Embassy in Colombia.
- Ensure that your phone is charged and you have the map at all times.
Currency and Foreign Exchange in Colombia
The currency of Colombia is referred to as the Colombian Peso. When you travel to Colombia, ensure that you carry enough currency with you to avoid any hassles later. The exchange rate of INR and Colombian currency keeps on fluctuating, so below is the link to find the latest exchange rate here.
Top Places to Visit and Things to Do When in Colombia
Colombia is a stunning country, and there are a host of things to see and do in the country. The country has contrasting landscapes with ethereal mountains and beaches that will take your breath away. While there are so many things to see and do, you will not be able to cover all of them in a single trip.
Here is the list of some of the best things to do in Colombia:
- Go river rafting with ex-FARC guerillas at the Rio Pato. A bliss for all adventure lovers!
- Tram through dense jungles to see the Ciudad Perdida, also known as the Machu Picchu of Colombia.
- If you love dancing, you are at the right place. You can learn salsa at the dance capital of the nation, Cali.
- The Caribbean coastline of Colombia is paradise. And you can go snorkelling in the coral reefs that surround Providencia.
- If you are a party enthusiast, you can go and have fun at Carnival de Barranquilla.
- To discover the indigenous heritage of the country, Cartagena is the place that you must visit.
- Visit Medellín’s and learn all about the extraordinary transformation of the city.
- To learn more about the national plant of Colombia and get some extraordinary photographs, you can visit Valle de Cocora.
- The museum and art scene in Bogota is a stunning attraction for all art enthusiasts.
- Taste world-class coffee at some of the most amazing cafes in Colombia.
- See the largest collection of religious figures in South America.
- Taste authentic Colombian cuisine and repeat this every day while you are there.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
Does Colombia have a visa on arrival facility for Indians?
No, Colombia does not have a visa-on-arrival facility for Indians. Indians need to apply for a visa with all the necessary documents. Once the visa is approved, you can catch your flight to Colombia and make the most of your trip.
How can I get affordable travel insurance plans for Colombia?
The Colombia travel plans from Tata AIG start from as little as ₹40.82 per day*. You can access the travel insurance premium calculator to understand the premium that you need to pay for the travel insurance policy.
What are the different types of travel insurance plans that I can purchase from Tata AIG?
The types of travel insurance plans available on the Tata AIG website are
- International travel insurance policies
- Travel insurance plans for senior citizens
- Domestic travel insurance policies
- Travel insurance policies for students
What is the Colombia visa fee for Indians?
The Colombia visa fee differs as per the type of Colombian visa that you have applied for. The standard fee for a tourist visa to Colombia is $82. You can check the latest fee on the website of the visa application centre.
Do I have to undergo any medical examination to get Colombia travel insurance?
No, a medical examination is not required to buy a Colombia travel insurance plan from Tata AIG.