Estonia Visa for Indians
Estonia Visa for Indians
The most northern of the three Baltic states is the nation of Estonia, located in northeastern Europe. There are around 1,500 islands and islets in Estonia; the Saaremaa and Hiiumaa islands, which are the two largest, are located off the west coast of the country. Throughout a large portion of its history, Estonia has been ruled by foreign nations. It became a member republic of the USSR as one of its component republics in 1940. Up until 1991, when it and the other Baltic states proclaimed their independence, Estonia was still a Soviet republic.
Because Estonia is entirely distinctive, it doesn't need to strive to stand out. Although it has a comparable geographical heritage to Latvia and Lithuania, it has a different culture. Despite Estonia being under Soviet authority for 50 years, Finland is its closest linguistic and cultural neighbour. Despite being connected to Russia for the past three centuries, Estonia and Russia share about as much in common as a barn swallow and a bear (their respective national symbols).
Contrary to popular belief, Estonia is a contemporary, well-run, technologically advanced nation with more startups than Silicon Valley. Here, everything is done online!
However, you must buy a travel insurance plan if you really want to relax and take in all that this lovely country has to offer. Considering the health dangers associated with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic threat, purchasing overseas travel insurance is essential since it guarantees financial assistance in the event of an emergency. Additionally, a travel insurance plan offers local trip help, journey coverage, baggage coverage, and other advantages that provide travellers peace of mind.
You might be able to get the best travel insurance for Estonia from Tata AIG. Each of our travel insurance products aims to provide the broadest protection for the lowest premium cost. Additionally, our hassle-free claim settlement procedure enables you to claim travel insurance policy without worrying or panicking. You may purchase our international travel plans for as little as $40.82 per day*. So, prior to departing on your journey to enigmatic Estonia, do not forget to get in touch with Tata AIG.
Estonia Visa for Indians: Everything You Need to Know
Among the Baltic states, Estonia, with its charming capital city of Tallinn, is another stunning former Soviet country. Since Estonia is a member of the Schengen Area, a group of European nations without external border controls, you will require an Estonian Schengen Visa to visit the country for a brief journey of fewer than 90 days. Since Estonia receives comparatively fewer requests for visas and grants 98.4% of them, you have a higher chance of being granted a visa for your trip to Estonia.
If you are a resident of a non-Schengen nation without a visa-free travel accord with the region or if you have been denied visa-free travel, you will require a Schengen Visa if you are visiting Estonia. These short-stay visas can be obtained for family, brief study trips, commerce, tourism, or even medical needs.
There is a regular Estonia visa fees for Indians — a processing charge of €80 for adults and €40 for kids.
Estonia Visa Types for Indian Nationals
Depending on the travel situation, multiple visas are available for Estonia. The most common ones are listed below:
Estonia Transit Visa: A transit visa is considerably distinct from the two visas listed below. While a transit visa might let you enter a nation, you can only do so temporarily. It denotes that it is only granted for a short time, at most a few days. The main goal of obtaining a transit visa is to make travelling easier and more convenient for travellers.
Estonia Long-term National Visa: With a national type visa, you are allowed to stay in Estonia for 91 to 180 days throughout the course of six months. For a variety of reasons, including seasonal employment, temporary employment, research, volunteer work, guest research, and college enrollment, Visa D may be granted.
Estonia Short-term Schengen Visa: You can stay for up to 90 days in any Schengen Member State within a six-month period if you have a Schengen visa. With a Schengen visa, you are able to travel to other Schengen countries in addition to Estonia, including Finland, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France, Lithuania, Belgium, Greece, the Netherlands, Spain, Latvia, Portugal, Iceland, and Denmark. Poland, Malta, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Sweden, Norway, Luxemburg, Slovakia, and Austria. Furthermore, there are no limitations on the period that you are permitted to enter or exit a Schengen member state.
Estonia Work Visa: People from outside the EU, EEA, or Switzerland must apply for a work visa in order to work in Estonia. However, before you intend to apply for a work visa, your company must record your employment with the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board. In the first 3 months of their stay, EU, EEA, and Switzerland residents must apply for an ID card and enrol as residents of Estonia in the Population Register of Estonia.
Estonia Visa: Documents Required
The following papers must be submitted when obtaining an Estonian visa from an Estonian Embassy or Consulate in India:
- A visa application form: The online application must be completed, printed, and signed before submission. Please make sure you complete the application form completely and honestly.
- A passport: The passport needs to have two blank pages and be valid for at least three months beyond the return date. provide a copy of any previous visas (if any).
- 2 passport-sized photographs: a photograph of your entire face with a colourful backdrop. The photo must adhere to the Schengen visa photo requirements and have been shot within the last six months.
- Travel insurance policy: Valid health insurance that covers Estonia and the Schengen region with a coverage of at least €30,000.
- Proof of accommodation: Your hotel bookings and return tickets.
- Financial proof: This is a statement from your bank that must attest to the fact that you have at least €100 available each day for the duration of your stay in Estonia.
Estonia eVisa for Indian Application Procedure
You are permitted to stay in the nation for 90 days out of every 180 with a Schengen visa. To remain longer, you must request a national visa at the Estonian Embassy in Delhi. You can do it online from the official website of VFS Global. The offline process is quite simple too. Whether you wish to apply for an Estonia Tourist Visa from India or looking for an Estonia work visa for Indians, here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: First, you need to duly fill up the visa application form, sign it, and provide all the necessary documentation.
- Step 2: You need to visit the Estonia visa application centre or Consulate and apply for the same.
- Step 3: You'll receive a notification through SMS once the application procedure is finished.
- Step 4: Your visa, along with your passport, will be sent to you by courier.
Estonia Visa Processing Time
A visa for Estonia takes 15 to 60 days to process. However, how quickly your case will be processed will depend on when you submit the necessary paperwork. So that there are no delays in the processing of your visa, make sure you complete all the necessary processes.
Estonia Visa Fees for Indian Citizens
When submitting your paperwork, you can complete the visa fee payment at the Estonian embassy or consulate nearby. The cost of an Estonian visa, however, may vary according to the type of visa you need, your age, or your location.
|Visa Type||Fees in Euro|
|A short-stay visa||€80|
|A long-stay visa||€100|
|Airport transit visa||€80|
|Visa for children||€40|
Consulate/Embassy of Estonia in India
All visa applicants are required to submit an online application at the Joint Schengen Visa Application Centre in order to schedule an appointment. Please take note that it is crucial that you keep your appointment. There is no way to predict when you will be able to schedule your next appointment if you miss the first one because availability will depend on available time slots.
|Consulate/Embassy||VFS Global, New Delhi|
|Address||Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place New Delhi- 110001|
|Consulate/Embassy||Estonia Visa Application Centre, Gurgaon|
|Address||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. ILD Trade Centre, 4th Floor, Sector 47 Sohna Road, Gurgaon - 122001|
|Consulate/Embassy||Estonia Visa Application Centre, Mumbai|
|Address||VFS Global Estonia Visa Application Centre Trade Centre, 3rd Floor, ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051|
|Consulate/Embassy||Estonia Visa Application Centre, Kolkata|
|Address||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. Rene Tower, Building No. 1842, Rajdanga Main Road, Rajdanga, Landmark: Near Geetanjali Stadium Kolkata, 700107, India Helpline: +91 22 67866008|
|Consulate/Embassy||Estonia Visa Application Centre, Pune|
|Address||Estonia Visa Application Centre 4th Floor, F core Marvel Edge Near Bajaj Finserv Viman Nagar, Pune 411014|
|Consulate/Embassy||Estonia Visa Application Centre, Hyderabad|
|Address||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd 8-2-700, 3rd Floor, Srida Anushka Pride, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500 034.|
|Consulate/Embassy||Estonia Visa Application Centre, Chennai|
|Address||VFS Global Services Pvt.Ltd. Fagun Towers, Third Floor, No 74, EthirajSalai, Egmore, Chennai - 600 008|
For any kind of information related to an Estonian visa from India, you can get in touch with the VFS Global online: Contact number: +91 22 67866008 Email Id: email@example.com
Post-COVID-19 Mandatory Rules and Regulations
The government has revoked the directive requiring visitors from foreign countries to show a COVID certificate, which serves as a confirmation of coronavirus immunity or recovery or of a test's negative outcome.
According to the Estonian Health Board, it is improbable that there is currently a noticeably higher infection rate among residents of third countries to the point where it would have an effect on Estonia's epidemiological condition.
However, it’s always better to be safe than sorry and hence:
- Always wear a mask in public places and maintain a safe distance from others.
- Carry sanitizers and wash your hands whenever possible.
- In case of any symptoms related to Covid-19 like, like fever, cold, or headache, immediately isolate yourself and take a test from a local hospital.
Importance of Travel Insurance Plan for Estonia Visa
Every year, about 4 million tourists travel to Estonia. While some tourists who have a lot of time on their hands frequently visit the theatre and other locations outside of Tallinn, others shop. The number of visitors from Germany and Sweden is regularly increasing. After cities like Copenhagen, Stockholm, and St. Petersburg, the capital city is a popular cruise destination on the Baltic Sea for tourists from throughout the world.
Unexpected circumstances could completely ruin your vacation and leave you in chaos. Consequently, it's important to consider unforeseen circumstances when making travel plans to Estonia. Due to this, buying overseas travel insurance is a wise choice. Estonia strictly adheres to Schengen rules as a member state. When visiting Estonia, you must have current travel health insurance in order to enter the country. Foreign nationals are required to get travel insurance, and their plan must offer at least €30,000 in coverage.
You will be required to provide proof of travel insurance purchase at the border as well as your passport, an approved Schengen visa, and other important papers when entering this gorgeous Schengen region.
A robust travel medical insurance policy can protect you and your family from a range of issues that could occur while you're visiting Estonia. Additionally, you must check that the insurance plan you buy contains COVID-19 coverage. This will guarantee that you will receive appropriate financial support should you become ill while visiting the country.
Therefore, it is essential that you plan your trip with proper travel insurance in place. This will safeguard you from issues abroad and guarantee a trouble-free entry and stay in Estonia.
To keep you financially secure in the event of an unforeseen accident, Tata AIG offers excellent international travel insurance products. Our customers can get complete coverage for their foreign travel arrangements from us for just $40.82 per day*.
- With our flight cancellation insurance benefit, you can get compensated in case you miss your flight, or it is cancelled due to bad weather.
- The insurance plan ensures your safety against any illnesses or unforeseeable mishaps that might occur while you're visiting Estonia.
- The plan will protect you from coronavirus-related emergencies in the event that you test positive for COVID+ and require hospitalisation while visiting the country.
- Without having to undergo a medical checkup, you can purchase travel medical insurance from home or the office.
- You can pay in Indian Rupees, or INR, to get the insurance coverage in Euros.
- The plan also covers the loss of a passport, delayed or lost luggage, trip cancellation, and much more.
How Long Are You Permitted to Stay in Estonia on a Visa?
You may enter Estonia on a short-stay visa for a period of 90 days or on a long-stay visa for a period of one year, depending on how long you want to stay there and the type of visa you apply for.
A Few Interesting Facts About Estonia
Before you travel to Estonia, know these interesting facts about the country that will make your trip all the more memorable:
- Few people live in Estonia because the majority of its territory is covered by forest. It also means that some animals regard Estonia as their native land.
- Estonia is renowned for having Kuressaare, a town with more than 1,200 spa beds, which is widely known as the world's spa capital.
- With approximately 133,000 songs, Estonia has the world's largest collection of national folk music.
- Both men and women from Estonia are ranked third tallest in the world.
- In the Estonian sport of "Wife Carrying," male competitors traverse obstacle courses while carrying a female partner on them.
- Estonia is renowned for having the most supermodels per capita worldwide.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
Is having an Estonia Visa mandatory for a trip to the country?
Estonia is a member of the Schengen Area, which is made up of 26 countries right now and allows visa-free travel between them. Many other nations have agreements with the Schengen Area that allow travel without a visa; however, those who do not will need a Schengen Visa. For Indian travellers, therefore, a Schengen Estonia visa is mandatory.
When is the correct time to apply for an Estonia visa from India?
A request for the visa must be submitted at least 15 days, but no more than 3 months, before the proposed visit to this beautiful Schengen country.
Is a travel insurance policy necessary for a trip to Estonia?
Purchasing travel insurance ahead of your journey is recommended. By purchasing travel insurance, you can relax and enjoy your trip rather than worrying about potential problems. Additionally, it gives you a simple approach to handling any crises that can happen while you're travelling.
What is the procedure for an Estonian visa extension?
For stays of more than three months in Estonia, you can:
- Get a long-stay visa - You can stay in Estonia for a year if you have a long-stay visa. With a long-term visa, you are permitted to work, study, and reside in Estonia.
- Submit an application for a Schengen visa extension – Only for specific circumstances, such as those involving humanitarian grounds, will the consulate or embassy allow for the extension of a Schengen visa.