Netherlands Visa For Indians
Netherlands Visa for Indians
There are so many facets of travelling outside one’s own country that appeal to so many kinds of people. For some, it can be about basking in scenic landscapes, while others might feel pulled to the stories and structures of centuries past. Whatever your reasons for travel, there are few things that take us out of our routines and breathe new life into each day more enjoyably than a visit to another culture.
Home to the world’s most iconic museums, phenomenal architecture, romantic tulip fields, and visionary nightlife, the Netherlands is often a non-negotiable stop along the tour of Europe. The country is a haven of surreal experiences, whether it is standing atop any of the stunning canals of Amsterdam, taking a thrill ride in one of the country’s biggest amusement parks, or losing yourself in the Van Gogh Museum. Biking down the Dutch coastal shores along crisscrossed pathways is also one of the greatest joys of living here, aside from kicking back with drinks and cozy conversations in one of the myriad glorious cafes.
Before experiencing the Netherlands, however, it’s important to make sure your process of getting there is smooth, convenient, and hassle-free. Travelling to Europe from India requires a Schengen visa along with a list of other documents and precautionary measures. This includes a suitable and comprehensive travel insurance plan to keep you and your finances secure throughout the journey.
At Tata AIG, we offer a variety of international travel insurance policies that are easy to customize based on specific needs. Our Schengen travel plans are applicable for any of the 26 countries and start at ₹40.82 per day*. Buying a Tata AIG travel insurance plan online takes only a few clicks and almost no paperwork, so you can have a seamless experience with no hitches on the way.
Why Do You Need A Visa To The Netherlands?
Your process of applying for a Schengen visa will depend on several factors, such as the purpose of your visit, duration of stay, nationality, and so on. Only citizens belonging to the European Union (EU), Switzerland, and European Economic Area (EEA) are exempt from any visa requirements to the Netherlands. This means if you are travelling from India, you will need to follow the application procedure for a relevant visa.
Your purpose of visit can include anything from work and studying to tourism and visiting a friend or relative. Travellers can also apply for a long-stay visa if they decide to stay longer than 90 days. In that case, you may even need a residence permit. Additionally, those who wish to take multiple trips to the country can apply for a multiple-entry visa.
The application process can seem intimidating at first, especially to first-time travellers. However, if you know each step and have your documents in order, you will find it rather straightforward. This page discusses every detail of how to apply for a Netherlands visa from India.
Types of Schengen Visas
The type of visa you need to apply for is determined by the nature of your visit and other circumstances. Every type has its own rules and restrictions that travellers just understand before applying. Here’s a list of the major Netherlands visas for Indians:
Uniform Schengen Visa (USV)
This visa gives you access to any of the Schengen Area Member Countries for a maximum duration of 90 days in a six-month period, which begins on the date of entry. The “A” category visa, or the Airport Transit Visa, is required to pass through the international zone of the country airport but without access to the Schengen Area. The “C” category visa is relevant for short-term stays and allows you to stay in a Schengen area for a specified duration, depending on validity. These can be single-entry, double-entry, or multiple-entry visas.
- A single-entry visa, as the name implies, only allows the holder to enter the Schengen Area one time for a given period of time.
- Double-entry visas allow you to return to the Schengen country two times, granted with certain rules and restrictions.
- Multiple-entry visas are suitable for individuals who wish to travel to the area multiple times, given that they follow the 90/180 rule.
The “D” category visa is designed for those who aim to study, work, or take permanent residence in one of the Schengen territory countries. These can be single or multiple-entry, depending on the purpose of the visit. You can apply for a Schengen visa for any of the following reasons:
- Airport transit
- Visiting family and friends
- Business meetings
- Official purposes
- Medical reasons
- Study requirements
- Cultural, sports, or cinema events
- Others (reasons to be specified)
Netherlands Student Visa for Indians
If you plan to go for higher studies in the Netherlands, you must acquire a student visa. Netherlands student visas for Indian students are offered only after the student gets his or her application accepted at a university. After that, the students need to apply for a Resident Permit or a Long Stay Visa (MVV), which is made specifically for students. Netherlands visa cost for Indian students comes down to 317 EUR or ₹25080*, which they can pay online or through bank transfer at the visa application centre.
Who Should Apply For A Netherlands Visa?
Any person with a legitimate and legal reason to visit the Netherlands can apply for a relevant visa. You might be headed there for work, higher studies, visiting your friends and family, or simply leisure. In these cases, you can apply for a short-stay or national visa, depending on the duration of your stay.
Indian citizens travelling to the Schengen nations will have to get a pre-approved visa. This will be followed by an interview at the pertinent embassy, consulate, or VAC, where you will be submitting all the paperwork and speaking to the embassy representative about your visit. The Netherlands embassy is located in New Delhi, but you can also go to the consulate-general in Mumbai.
While a majority of the world needs a Schengen visa to enter the country, residents of the following countries are exempt from this obligation: Albania, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, New Zealand, Tonga, Singapore, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and a few others.
How To Apply For A Netherlands Visa From India?
The first step of applying for a Netherlands visa involves understanding which type of visa you need. If you’re visiting the country for a small duration, here are the steps to secure your short-stay visa:
- Figure out the relevant embassy, consulate, or visa application centre (VAC) you must apply to.
- Read the guidelines on the visa application portal and complete the application form. This should take around 30 minutes as you need to provide information about your travel dates, documents, the purpose of the visit, accommodation, and so on.
- After submitting, print and sign the completed form to take along for your interview.
- Keep all the documents you need for your Schengen visa organised and prepared.
- You will receive an interview date at an embassy or VAC in India.
- Carry the requisite documents for your interview appointment.
- Pay the visa fees and wait approximately 15 days for it to be processed.
Eligibility Criteria For Netherlands Visa
Here’s a snapshot of the mandatory requirements you need to step foot inside the Netherlands:
- The completed applications form
- A valid passport that exceeds the duration of your visa by at least three months and has two blank pages remaining
- Proof of accommodation, flight tickets, and an itinerary for the duration of your stay
- Proof that you are financially secure enough to stay and travel in the country to prevent any liabilities to the government
- Recent bank and income statements, as well as a copy of your return flight tickets
Documents Required To Apply For A Netherlands Visa
This friendly guide details every single piece of document you need to ensure your visa application is in order:
- Completed and signed printout of the Netherlands visa application form
- Two passport-size photographs against a white background taken in the last six months
- Your passport (which cannot be older than ten years and must have at least two blank visa pages)
- Proof of legal residence (passport, old visas, residence permit, etc.)
- Copy of your passport’s front page with all your personal details
- Proof of return flight tickets and accommodation in the Netherlands
- Complete travel itinerary, including a return travel reservation to the Schengen territory
- Work permit, if applicable
- Document form your employer stating the conditions of your employment as well as the purpose of visit
- Recent bank statements as evidence of sufficient funds to sustain your stay in the country
- Copy of your health and travel insurance for the Schengen area
Documents To Carry For Netherlands Visa Interview
Like most visa application procedures, applying for a Dutch Schengen visa also entails sitting for an interview at the embassy, consulate, or VAC you are using. The questions are rather general and focus on the reasons you are visiting as well as some basic facts about the country. Before the appointment, you’ll be required to submit a list of documents, which includes:
- Valid passport (with a continued validity of at least six months)
- Most recent passport-size photographs
- Birth certificate and marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of residence and income
- Recent financial statements to ensure adequate funds
- Proof of admission at school, college, or university (if applicable)
- Job offer letter or work permit (if applicable)
- Information related to flight tickets and accommodation
- Any other documents specified by the embassy or consulate
Key Facts About The Netherlands Visa Application Process
Travelling to a new country can be overwhelming. Here are some major facts you need to know before going to your visa application centre:
- You must pay a visa fee at the time of your interview appointment, subject to the latest Dutch travelling guidelines. The Netherlands visa cost for Indians depends on various factors.
- You must have adequate funds in your bank account for the entire duration of your stay.
- You must have comprehensive health and travel insurance that is valid throughout the Schengen area. Travellers are expected to have coverage of at least €30,000 in case of medical emergencies.
- There are additional visa requirements for minors, such as a declaration from their school, a consent form signed by both parents or guardians, a birth certificate, and so on.
- You can only apply for a Netherlands visa six months prior to your date of travel.
- You must apply for the visa at least fifteen days before the date of travel.
- While it usually takes around 15 days to process most visa applications, sometimes it may take up to 45 days.
- The Netherlands embassy in India is situated in New Delhi, and the consulate-general is in Mumbai.
Simple Steps To Apply For A Netherlands Visa
Like most international travel procedures, applying for a visa to the Netherlands can be quite intimidating without the right guidance. Here, we tell you how simple, painless, and straightforward the process really is.
- Read and complete the visa application form using a relevant online portal. You can also get it done offline by visiting the Dutch embassy in India, located in New Delhi.
- Answer each question with complete honesty and make sure there are no errors.
- Take a printout of your completed and signed form.
- You will be given a date and time for your visa interview appointment.
- Head to the Visa Application Centre for the interview with your form, relevant documents, and visa fees.
- Wait for at least 15 days before checking the status of your application.
Reasons For Netherlands Visa Rejection
The purpose of a visa application process is to ensure national safety and security while protecting travellers from financial liabilities in a new country. Obtaining a visa is not too difficult, but some applications might be rejected based on the discretion of the Dutch embassy. Here are a few reasons why this might happen:
- Falsified or incorrect travel documentation
- Criminal record in the past or present
- Unsatisfactory explanation of the nature of the visit
- A damaged or invalid passport
- No travel itinerary or confirmed flight tickets
- Insufficient funds in your bank account
- Invalid or inadequate travel insurance
- No proof of accommodation
How To Check The Status of Your Netherlands Visa Application?
When you submit your visa application form, you will receive a reference number that allows you to track the status of your request. If you don't receive an update on your registered email ID within 15 days of applying or are unable to access your email account, you can call or make an appointment with the embassy. Some online portals allow you to track the application through your reference number, making it easier to get your visa in a timely manner.
Travel Insurance For Netherlands Visa
Travelling to a whole new country is one of the most thrilling experiences to sign up for. However, not being on home turf also means you need to shield yourself and your finances against unpredictable circumstances, such as an accident, medical emergency, or travel-related hassles. This is especially true in the era of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is why Tata AIG offers extensive coverage against COVID-19 as part of our comprehensive international travel insurance plans. Most importantly, it’s effortless to file a travel insurance claim in case something unfortunate does occur during your trip.
Starting at ₹40.82 per day*, the policy provides you with an accident and sickness benefit of almost $5,00,000, with COVID-19 coverage included. It also protects you against unexpected events like misplaced luggage and passport, delayed or cancelled flight, personal liabilities against third parties and so on. You will also be eligible for features such as:
- Travel assistance and cash transfers
- Hijack coverage
- Local assistance
- An extensive medical support, including evacuation and repatriation
- Automatic plan extension for seven days in case of return flight cancellation or delay
To make your visa application process quicker, simpler, and completely hassle-free, browse through the many customisable plan options and make your trip as secure as possible. After all, in addition to getting a Netherlands tourist visa from India, having your travel insurance ready will increase the chances of your visa application being approved.
Popular Travel Destinations In The Netherlands
From picturesque canals and sand-covered coastlines to endless tulip fields and museums that carry iconic legacies, the Netherlands is full of surprises around every corner. The cities are sleek and super-sophisticated, while the pathways are meant for cyclists as much as pedestrians and motorists. Whether you wish to soak in the country’s unparalleled artistic insights or simply marvel at the many architectural masterpieces like the Van Nelle Fabriek, Mauritshuis, and Sint Janskerk, you will never run out of interesting things to do, happening places to be in, and fascinating people to converse with.
While Amsterdam is one of the most common tourist spots in the country, there is so much more to explore in terms of nightlife, restaurants, culture, leisure, and entertainment. Here are some places in the Netherlands you simply cannot miss out on:
- The Hague
- Zaanse Schans
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
How to buy a travel insurance Indonesia plan?
How to buy a travel insurance Indonesia plan?
In order to buy a travel insurance Indonesia plan, you can visit our website and select the international travel insurance under the products section. Enter the required personal information, then select the coverage plans you wish to have in your insurance policy. You can also add a few additional covers to your travel insurance plan for Indonesia with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Luggage coverage
- Trip coverage
Once you have opted for the coverage on your travel insurance Indonesia plan, you can make the payment online and complete the purchase of the policy. The policy documents shall be delivered to your registered email ID.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Indonesia plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance Indonesia will be determined by different important factors, including the duration of your stay and the sum insured you choose. It is prudent to select an appropriate sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip. This becomes even more vital if you are planning your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Indonesia plans, you can benefit from excellent coverage at a price that won’t break your bank. You can determine the price of your travel insurance Indonesia plan with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.