Madagascar Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance Madagascar
Get premier travel insurance coverage for Madagascar from Tata AIG. International Travel Insurance Plans starting at ₹ 40.82.
What comes to your mind when you first hear Madagascar? Probably, the quirky and charming animated survival comedy movie, the first edition released in 2005. Most of us came to know more closely about Madagascar, mainly through this fun franchise. The characters were highly loveable, but what was exciting was that we were transported to Madagascar's fantastic world.
True to the movie, Madagascar is unique. The world's fourth-largest island is exclusively home to almost 5% of all known species (animals, plants, birds, etc.). Around 100 million years ago, during the time of the dinosaurs, the country got separated from the Indian subcontinent. As a result, Madagascar is filled with breathtaking experiences. The island is like a paradise for nature admirers and adventure seekers. From watching endemic species found nowhere else in the world to exploring incredible hiking trails and experiencing nature at its rawness, Madagascar is authentic and enjoyable in equal measure.
If you are ready to create a lifetime of memories and experiences, plan a trip to Madagascar, but make sure buying a travel insurance policy is top on your list. Whether you travel overseas, domestically, with family, solo or friends, a travel insurance plan is of utmost importance.
But first, be aware of the type of insurance you plan to buy. Ideally, your plan should have the most comprehensive coverage at the best possible rates.
Tata AIG aims to provide just that! Our international travel insurance plan offers wide-ranging coverage that meets your needs. The plan is designed with exquisite consideration and the requirements of the travellers. You can also compare travel insurance plans or calculate your estimated travel insurance premium in just a few simple steps.
Travel Health Insurance for Madagascar from India
The African nation, which floats off the coastline of Mozambique, is an abode to several unique animals and species. The rich ecosystem and natural beauty give Madagascar an edge over many other wildlife destinations. While planning your trip, you always consider the basic requirements per the visiting country's norms. For example, many countries worldwide have made travel insurance mandatory for travellers.
Travel insurance is not mandatory to enter Madagascar, but it is highly recommended. For a hassle-free vacation, insure your trip with a travel insurance policy. This insurance typically covers unexpected medical emergencies, accidents, loss or damage of baggage, travel delays, etc., while you travel to Madagascar from India. You want to avoid anything between you and your once-in-a-lifetime trip.
Why Do You Need Travel Medical Insurance for Madagascar?
Madagascar has an incredibly unique bio-diverse island that is a spellbound experience for nature lovers and adventurers. With over 18 different ethnic groups, traditions and cultures, the Malagasy people (people of Madagascar) are incredibly welcoming, warm, friendly, and hospitable. Traditions, culture, values and ancient religious beliefs are essential to Malagasy.
The paradise island offers numerous experiences, making it a dream destination for any outdoor enthusiast. With so much to explore, make your trip stress-free by buying Madagascar travel insurance. It helps protect you against unexpected financial losses during your vacation.
Some of the reasons to buy travel insurance are:
1. Medical access is limited, and evacuation can be expensive
Most hospitals and medical centres in Madagascar are concentrated in urban areas and around Antananarivo. So, getting immediate medical attention can be difficult and a huge financial burden if you fall sick on your trip. In addition, since the medical facilities may not be exceptional, medical evacuation might be needed. So, ensure your travel insurance plan covers that.
2. Accidents can happen anytime, even during your vacation
You cannot always escape something that is bound to happen. Accidents can sometimes be inevitable, and trauma or injury can ruin your trip. Additionally, financial setbacks can also be worrisome. Your travel health insurance for Madagascar can provide financial coverage for such incidents.
3. Trip cancellation can leave a big hole in your pocket
Planning for your dream vacation is super exciting and filled with many expectations. However, you may have to cancel your trip for unavoidable reasons. Undoubtedly, the damage is irreparable for feeling sad and hurt, but at the same time, financial loss too can be huge. In most cases, your travel agent might not give you a refund due to last moment cancellations. However, a travel insurance plan can extend the coverage to trip cancellation.
4. Loss or theft of baggage or passport can derail your trip
Nothing can be more stressful than losing your baggage or passport in a foreign country. On losing or stealing your luggage, our overseas travel insurance can help cover the cost of essential personal items. Likewise, for the loss of a passport, we guide you through the procedure and reasonable expenses for getting a new passport.
5. You can incur expenses due to flight delays
A delayed flight can occur for various reasons like bad weather, a local strike, etc. This flight delay can impact your other travel itinerary leading to financial loss. If the flight delay is for long hours, you may have to book a stay at a hotel. International travel insurance can take care of such expenses.
6. Travel assistance is always welcome
It never hurts to get additional support or assistance while travelling to a relatively newer country. For example, you might need help in a medical emergency, natural disaster, loss of passport etc. Many travel insurance providers offer such benefits for their travellers.
Benefits of Purchasing a Tata AIG Travel Health Insurance for Your Madagascar Trip
Madagascar offers diversity from national parks, volcanic formations, baobab trees, thick mangrove forests, and endless beaches. Thus, while exploring this unique destination with your loved ones, a reliable family travel insurance plan is a must. The duration of your trip and the places you wish to visit can help you broadly with the cover you need.
However, Tata AIG's International Travel Insurance Plan offers comprehensive coverage, easy and quick purchase, claim settlement, and affordable rates to make your trip successful.
Medical coverage: Falling sick or encountering an accident on your trip may require immediate medical attention. Our medical coverage covers the cost of hospitalisation due to illness, accident, dental emergencies and others. Since the medical facilities may not be up to the mark, medical evacuation also forms a part of this coverage. Additionally, if you are hospitalised, and the coverage expires during that period, we will extend the same for more than 60 days or until you get discharged, whichever is earlier.
Baggage cover: Travelling to Madagascar from India is a long journey; on average, it takes more than 12 hours to reach your destination. Loss, delay or misdirection of luggage, especially during a long-distance trip, is common. Our baggage cover helps you purchase essential personal items if the luggage is lost. The cover thus reimburses the lost luggage cost so that you continue with your vacation smoothly.
-Personal liability covers: With our personal liability cover, we offer third-party liability coverage. If you get involved in an accident, which ultimately causes harm to third-party property or bodily injury, this insurance can get you covered.
Travel assistance: If during the trip you need assistance with regards to legal help, getting your lost baggage or passport replaced, or availing quick medical treatment, our travel assistants will guide you for emergency travel services, cash transfers and advances.
- We are a trusted name with more than 20 years of experience in the insurance sector.
- Our COVID-19 coverage compensates for the medical expenses, trip cancellations or curtailment incurred due to COVID-19.
- You can buy policies online, which makes the process hassle-free and quick.
- There is no need to undergo pre-policy health check-ups and thus get your policy instantly.
- Travel health insurance for Madagascar from Tata AIG starts at ₹ 40.82 per day*.
- Pay your premium in INR and get covered in USD for your Madagascar trip.
Safety and Precautionary Measures to Undertake while Travelling to Madagascar from India
Madagascar is an island with incredible and unique natural beauty. But several factors like weather conditions, economic instability, crime, political upheaval and health issues are major concerns for travellers. Thus, before you plan a trip, consider the following safety and preventive measures.
- The cyclone season in Madagascar is from November to April. During this period, ensure you follow the advice and warning of the local authority. Coastal areas are highly affected during this season, and there may even be disruptions in essential services and transportation. Keep track of weather alerts and know the evacuation plans of your accommodation or cruise ship.
- Violent crimes like armed robberies, kidnapping, theft and carjacking are severe issues in Madagascar. Avoid travelling alone or after dark. Be aware of areas where such crime is highly prevalent and avoid them.
- Avoid carrying expensive jewellery, gadgets, etc.
- There are frequent political demonstrations which may turn violent anytime. Thus, avoid crowded areas and places where there are large gatherings and demonstrations.
- Medical facilities are limited even in the capital city of Antananarivo. You might have to pay in cash if you need to visit the clinic. The usage of cards is limited.
- Foodborne, waterborne, insect-borne and other infectious diseases are common. Therefore, take necessary precautions like proper vaccination, drinking bottled or boiled water, not eating raw or undercooked food, etc.
- It's illegal to wear military-style clothing or take photos of military installations.
- Follow local laws, rules, and ordinances.
- Keep your passport handy.
- Make electronic copies of all your documents.
- Research and plan properly before visiting any place.
- Maintain easy access to the Indian embassy's contact details.
Madagascar Visa and Entry Requirements
Madagascar is famously known for its natural reserves and untapped beauty. Exploration never ends in this country, and you will surely get mesmerised at every step. However, a Madagascar visa is mandatory for entering to explore this gem of the world. You can either get a tourist visa well in advance from the embassy or consulate or obtain a visa online or on arrival. However, the easiest and most recommended way is by applying through the online e-Visa process.
Types of Madagascar Visa
There are different types of visas issued depending on your purpose of visit. For example, two of the most common type of Madagascar visas for Indian travellers are:
1. Tourist Visa: If you are planning to visit the country for the sole reason of leisure and sightseeing, you need to get a tourist visa. A single-entry regular tourist visa is valid for 30 days with a maximum stay of 30.
2. Business Visa: On the contrary, if you plan to visit Madagascar for any business activity, you must get a business visa.
As mentioned above, an e-visa is the most recommended and accessible of the three processes. Let us look at the e-visa process.
- Visit the official website to get the Madagascar e-visa application form.
- Duly fill out the Madagascar visa application form.
- Attach your recent photograph and scanned copies of the required documents.
- Submit the application and pay the visa processing fee.
Visa on arrival
- Fill out and sign the Madagascar visa application form.
- Carry out the application form and other supporting documents while travelling to Madagascar.
- Present the documents, including the application form, to the Immigration officer or concerned personnel.
- Pay the required fee and get your passport stamped.
You can always opt for offline visa processing, the procedure for which is mentioned below:
- Download the Madagascar visa application form from the official website.
- Fill out the form and sign it wherever needed.
- Attach a recent photograph, and ensure the photo meets the photo specifications.
- Submit the application form and supporting documents to the embassy and make the necessary payments for the permit.
Madagascar Travel Documents for Indian Nationals
The travel documents required for a Madagascar visa typically depend on the process you follow to process your visa. However, the common documents required are as follows:
- Duly filled and signed visa application form
- A valid passport (at least six months of validity before your travel date)
- Recent passport size photograph (some specifications include: white background, photo size of 35 mm X 45 mm, the face must cover about 70-80% of the frame, etc.)
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- Proof of visit: travel itinerary, hotel accommodation, invitation letter, exhibition pass, etc.
- Recent bank account statement as proof of sufficient funds
Once you submit these documents with the application form, the standard processing for your 30 days Madagascar e-Visa generally takes seven days.
Indian Embassy/Consulate in Madagascar
|Address||Embassy of India, 4, Lalana Rajaonson Emile, Tsaralalana, BP 1787, Antananarivo (Madagascar)|
|Contact||Tel: +261-20-2223334; +261-20-2227156 Fax: +261-20-2233790 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;|
|Working Hours||Monday to Friday: 08:30 hrs. -17:00 hrs. Consular Section timings: 09:00 hrs. to 11:30 hrs.|
Madagascar Embassy/Consulate in India
Best Places to Visit and Top Things to Do in Madagascar
Located about 400 km off the coast of Mozambique, Madagascar is a country with incredible natural wonders. Touted as one of the unique places in the world, Madagascar is home to numerous species of wildlife, 90 percent of which is exclusively found in this country. There's something for everyone who visits Madagascar, from lush mountains, pristine rainforest, calm beaches, rarest wildlife and diverse and untapped culture. Let us look at some of Madagascar's most exciting places to visit or things to do.
Look for the iconic lemurs
Madagascar boasts of being home to a wide range of different creatures. However, the big-eyed lemur is undoubtedly one of the most talked about. There are almost 100 different species and subspecies of lemurs in the country, and you can stop one of these weird yet famous creatures in one of the country's many national parks.
The Andasibe-Mantadia National Park and the Ranomafana National Park are renowned for having a large population of this animal.
The famous National Parks
You cannot miss out on its many national parks in Madagascar. It would be one of the key reasons for you to visit the country. Out of the many parks located in the country, a few of them are prominent and worth visiting. The Ranomafana national park, which spreads across 400 km.sq., tops our list. The park is home to the endangered golden bamboo lemur.
Then there is Masoala National Park, nearly 250 miles of rainforest, including three marine parks. This park is home to varied birds and reptiles and features ten lemur species. The three marine parks are an ideal destination for snorkelling and kayaking adventures.
Visit the Avenue of the Baobabs
The Baobab trees are often called the "Tree of Life'' and are even locally known as Renala, which means, 'Queens of the forest'. Madagascar is home to six types of endemic baobab trees, which can be almost 30 metres tall and have existed for around 1000 years.
The Avenue of the Baobabs is a group of these well-known trees on the dirt road between Morondava and Belon'i Tsiribihina in western Madagascar. This is one of the country's major tourist attractions. The Avenue embraces some 25 trees on this dirt road.
Relax at the Nosy Be
This small island may differ from the fancy beaches you are accustomed to during your international travels. However, the Nosy Be scores high points in unspoilt clear turquoise water, serenity, and mouth-watering seafood delicacies. You will surely fall in love with nature and simplicity all over again.
Visit Tsingy de Bemaraha
One of the most striking landscapes in this region is the limestone karsts of Tsingy de Bemaraha Reserve. Roughly 200 million years ago, the limestone seabed was pushed up, creating a vast plateau. Over time, the plateau eroded, leaving behind a dense "forest" of sharp limestone needles.
This dramatic landscape has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is also famous for 11 different lemur species, other endemic birds, reptiles, and many unique botanical species.
Explore the city of Antananarivo
The capital of Madagascar, Antananarivo, is a beautiful blend of tradition, culture and modernisation. Also locally called Tana, this city is situated on the slopes of surrounding mountains. This popular city was the capital for French colonialists in the 19th and 20th centuries and is still the country's political and economic hub.
As a result, the city is rich in architecture, with parts still showcasing French colonialism and Parisian structures. The city's culinary culture is also attractive, from street-food delicacies to a fine dining experience.
Madagascar: Fast Facts
|Title||Embassy of the Republic of Madagascar|
|Address||A-18, Ground Floor, Mayfair Gardens, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016|
|Contact||Tel: (+91) 11-4106 7741 / 2 / 3 / 7 Fax: (+91) 11-4106 7748 Email: email@example.com|
|Working Hours||Monday to Friday: 10:00 hrs. - 16:00 hrs.|
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Do Indian citizens require a visa to visit Madagascar?
Yes, Indian citizens must have a tourist visa to visit Madagascar.
2. What is the Madagascar trip cost from India?
It is always a great idea to plan your trip on aspects like the places you will visit, the number of days you will spend, and the budget you have allotted to enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime vacation. Below is the average Madagascar trip cost from India for a budget-friendly trip based on the expenses of previous travellers. The airfare from Mumbai to Antananarivo starts at ₹ 32,322.
- Average meals price for one day: MGA 109,629 ($26)
- Local transportation: MGA 50,007 ($12)
- Average hotel price for a couple: MGA 251,757 ($59)
- Average trip cost for two people for one week: MGA 4,198,008 ($982) (excluding airfare)
3. What is the best time of year to visit Madagascar?
The dry season from April to October is also the best time to visit Madagascar. This season means fewer rain showers, so you can explore the country thoroughly, from discovering the wildlife, adventure or relaxing on a beach. On the other hand, November to April is the wet season and also the season of cyclones, which is best avoided.
4. Which currency is used in Madagascar?
The Malagasy Ariary (MGA) is the local currency of the country. However, foreign currencies like the Euro and US dollars GBP are also readily exchanged.
5. What are Madagascar travel insurance requirements for an Indian national?
It is not mandatory to have travel insurance while travelling to Madagascar. However, it is always advisable to have one due for various reasons.
6. What is the travel health insurance cost for Madagascar?
Travel insurance premiums vary from person to person depending on various factors. Some of the main factors that influence your premium include destination of travel, duration of visit, number and age of the travellers, sum insured, and any additional add-ons.
Tata AIG's travel medical insurance offers you the most comprehensive coverage at affordable rates. Also, the online purchase option makes it hassle-free and quick. We recommend you use our travel insurance premium calculator to calculate your estimated premium before buying.
7. How to buy a travel medical insurance policy online from Tata AIG for Madagascar?
Now travel health insurance online from Tata AIG at the ease of your home:
- Step 1: Go to our International Travel Insurance page
- Step 2: Give details of your travelling dates (date of departure and date of return)
- Step 3: mention the number of travellers, yourself, your spouse, children, etc.
- Step 4: Pick a plan as per your need and budget
- Step 5: Provide additional details, like your passport number, contact details, etc.
- Step 6: Make a secure online payment
We will share your policy details on your registered email address.