Travel Insurance Slovenia From India
Travel Insurance Slovenia
With Tata AIG, get reliable travel insurance for Slovenia starting at ₹40.82 per day*
Major Benefits of Purchasing the Best Travel Insurance for Slovenia
Buying a traveller’s insurance is always beneficial as it can help you in multiple ways. Among the most important benefits is knowing that you are being looked out for even as you are away from home and in an unknown place.
Some other common benefits of having the travel insurance for Slovenia are:
- Personal liability cover
- Flight cancellation and delay cover
- Passport loss cover
- Theft cover
- Baggage loss or delay cover
- Hijack cover
- Illness/Sickness and accident cover incase of Hospitalisation
- Covid-19 cover
- Assistance while travelling
- Plans you can customise as per your needs
- A simple travel insurance claim process
- Extension of your policy in case you fall ill and need hospitalisation near the end of your travel health insurance Slovenia term, up to 60 days or when you get discharged, whichever comes first
- Extension of your travel insurance policy up to 7 days if your flight gets delayed or cancelled close to the end of your trip and policy term
Travel Insurance for Slovenia from India
There are a hundred different things we need to keep in mind when we are planning a trip. It is always possible to make a human error, leave something out or make a booking without thorough research. This could lead to potentially troublesome situations. For example, you may accidentally lose your passport or find yourself amid a countrywide emergency. What do you do then? You turn to your travel insurance policy.
You can leave your travel insurance concerns to Tata AIG. You can rest assured knowing we provide you with quality travel health insurance for Slovenia. Furthermore, we have programmed the entire process of getting travel insurance very simple, so you need not worry about getting lost trying to figure out your insurance.
Why Do You Need Traveller's Insurance to Travel to Slovenia from India?
Some people may wonder why they need to buy travellers insurance before leaving for a trip. The answer to this is fairly simple. Your travel insurance policy acts as a support system when you are on a trip. There are contingencies you can never prepare for in advance. Take your health, for example. You can never predict when things will take a turn for the worse. And if you fall ill or have an accident in Slovenia, you may find yourself in a bind. You can get good healthcare in Slovenia, but it is expensive. But if you have travel insurance for Slovenia, you can be assured of some degree of financial security. This is why you should not only be looking for a cheap travel insurance plan to Slovenia but rather one that will be the best for you.
Also, keep in mind that Slovenia is one of the 26 countries in the Schengen region of Europe. You are not permitted to visit these areas unless you have a travel health insurance policy. Therefore, you must ensure that you have your visa and travel insurance requirements per what the Slovenian government mandates.
Another thing your travel insurance will do is be there for you in emergency situations. For example, say your connecting flight is delayed for over 12 hours, and you must make arrangements to spend a night in a new place. Or maybe your luggage did not arrive with you, and now you are left without necessities. An alternative scenario could be where your passport is lost, and you are stranded without one in a foreign land. In any of these situations, your travel insurance policy will be with you and help you reestablish your footing. You will not be left to deal with these situations alone.
All of these situations we have spoken about are still fairly manageable. There are some worse-case scenarios no one wishes to talk about. You could be in Slovenia when a natural disaster strikes or there is a political uprising or even war. Even in these turbulent situations, your insurance provider will be there to help you and get you out of the country. An emergency evacuation will be undertaken to get you back home safely.
Tata AIG's Travel Insurance Slovenia Plan: Benefits Offered
If you wish to know the benefits of buying a travel insurance policy with Tata AIG, they have been listed below for your perusal. Remember that these are only a few of the benefits we offer and not the complete list that is far more comprehensive.
- COVID-19 Cover - Covid is the harsh reality of your present. Tata AIG understands the need of the hour and provides you protection against Covid. If you are in Slovenia and have contracted the virus, your policy will ensure you do not have to suffer any financial trouble because of the same. If you need hospitalisation or medication, we will cover all the expenses.
Furthermore, suppose you cannot make it for your trip because you, your family member or your travel companion contracted Covid just before the trip. In that case, we will ensure you get back your non-refundable flight and hotel booking charges.
Medical Cover - Our travel health insurance Slovenia ensures that you need not care about financial concerns when you are ill. All you think about is getting the best care possible if you need hospitalisation. Also, you may fall sick or have an accident right before you are meant to leave Slovenia, and your travel health insurance is expiring. In such an instance, we once again will make adjustments and extend your plan up to 60 extra days or till you get discharged, whichever is sooner.
*Journey Cover *- We provide a range of coverages like baggage loss or delay cover, flight cancellation or delay cover and hotel cancellation cover so you can remain stress-free should anything go wrong.
Baggage Cover - Many bags get misplaced or delayed in an airport on a daily basis. If this happens, you can purchase any necessary items you may need, and we will reimburse you as per your policy limits.
Other Benefits - Some other benefits included in our travel insurance policy are;
A hassle-free travel insurance claim process with a high-resolution rate.
Reliable and customisable plans.
Traveller’s insurance that does not demand extensive medical check-ups.
Ability to buy your policy in rupees and get covered in US dollars.
Trip to Slovenia from India- Visa Information
Slovenia, and any other country in the Schengen area, for that matter, does not allow people from outside the Schengen area to enter their borders without a valid Schengen visa. A Schengen visa allows you to enter all 26 countries in the region. You need to visit the Slovenian Embassy closest to you to secure a visa for yourself. Keep in mind that Slovenia does not make provisions for people to get visas on arrival. You must have all your documents before applying for your visa, including your travel insurance for Slovenia. You need to choose from two types of visas based on how long you wish to stay in Slovenia.
The Uniform Schengen Visa- If you wish to visit Slovenia on vacation or visit someone there for a short period, you need to get the Uniform Schengen Visa or the short-stay visa. This type of visa is valid for 90 days and stays active on your passport for 6 months from the date it is issued to you until used. You can use the visa to enter the country once or multiple times within the valid duration.
The National Schengen Visa- The National Schengen Visa is the visa you need to get if you wish to be in Slovenia for an extended period. It is valid for a year and then extendable as per your needs. This extended-stay visa is useful for people who are going to Slovenia for their studies, for a job or are immigrating there.
There are strict checks for those applying for this kind of visa, and you need to show that you have just cause to get the National Schengen Visa. If the Embassy deems your cause fit, you should be able to get your visa without any trouble.
Under these two broad visa categories, there are some other categories you need to consider before applying for a visa.
- Slovenia Tourist Visa
- Slovenia Airport Transit Visa
- Slovenia Visa for Business Purposes
- Slovenia Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes
- Slovenia Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Slovenian citizen
- Slovenia Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other Internship Purposes
- Slovenia Visa for Members of Official Delegations
- Slovenia Visa for Underage Children
- Slovenia Visa for Medical Purposes
Travel from India to Slovenia: Documents Required
When going to Slovenia, you need to have the following documents in place;
- Two recent coloured passport-sized photographs
- A physical copy of your visa application
- Your itinerary for the duration of your visit
- Proof that you have adequate funds to support yourself while in Slovenia
- A copy of your passport with previously issued visas
- A cover letter stating the purpose of your visit to Slovenia
- Proof that you have a valid return ticket
- Proof of vaccination
- Proof of visa fees payment
- Civil status proof
- Proof that you have valid travel health insurance for Slovenia with a cover of at least €30,000.
The Indian Embassy in Slovenia
It is always helpful to know where your home Embassy is located in the country you are visiting. In the case of Slovenia, the details of the Indian Embassy there are given below.
|Embassy/Consulate||Working Hours||Address||Email ID||Phone Number|
|Embassy of India||8:00 am - 4:30 pm (Lunch break: 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm)||Železna cesta 16 1000 Ljubljana Slovenia||Commercial enquiries: email@example.com Visas and passports: firstname.lastname@example.org General information: email@example.com||+386 1 513 3110|
Slovenia Trip: Safety and Travel Tips
When travelling to a new place, knowledge and caution are the best tools to have in your arsenal. Keeping your eyes and ears open and investing a little time in research before going to a place can save you a world of trouble. To help you with the same, here are some tips when travelling to Slovenia.
- Slovenia is located in the Alpine region of Europe. As with all mountainous regions, they sometimes face flash floods, avalanches and mudslides. You should always check the weather report before starting the day.
- The crime rate is relatively low in Slovenia, but there have been occurrences of petty crimes, especially among tourists. So be mindful of your belongings and keep an eye out for pickpockets.
- Slovenia is generally peaceful, but sometimes the people come out in solidarity to support a cause or protest some wrong. On such days, traffic can be slow, and you could be stuck for hours. Find out about what is happening locally before stepping out.
- Try not to be alone on empty streets, especially when it is dark.
- When in Slovenia, follow Slovenian rules. Know the local laws and follow them.
- Consumption of drugs and alcohol in some public places is prohibited in Slovenia. Do not indulge in these places.
- Carry your passport and your travel insurance for Slovenia with you always.
Safety Recommendations for COVID-19
Slovenia has removed most Covid-related restrictions as on 21st February, 2022, for tourists, but some still stay in place. You need to be fully vaccinated and have proof of your vaccination to enter the country. You do not need to quarantine when you get there, nor do you need a medical check-up. However, countries are constantly changing their Covid guidelines per the need of the hour, so always check for the latest guidelines before visiting.
But we have still put together some tips for you to stay safe from Covid and remain healthy.
- While it is not mandatory, wear a face mask when out in public
- Maintain social distancing, and stay away from large crowds.
- Wash your hands frequently or use a hand sanitiser.
- Find out which areas have active cases and avoid them as far as possible.
- Get the best travel insurance for Slovenia with Covid cover to take care of you in case you get Covid.
Major International Airports in Slovenia
While there are 3 international airports in Slovenia, there is only one with active flight traffic. This airport is Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, located in the capital city of Ljubljana.
Currency and Foreign Exchange
Slovenia used to have its own currency before, which is now obsolete. It now widely uses the Euro. If you wish to know about the conversion rate from INR to the Euro, you can check it out at the link below.
1 INR to EUR - Indian Rupees to Euros Exchange Rate
Most places in Slovenia accept all major cards and electronic payments. But if you are visiting a local vendor or a small business, you may not find access to card payments. Thus, you must always have some cash on hand for such transactions.
A Few Must-Visit Places When in Slovenia
As stated above, there is much to see and do in Slovenia. If you are someone who loves natural beauty, this place will be a paradise for you. There are a few places in Slovenia that you cannot leave without seeing. These places include:
Škocjan Caves - The Škocjan Caves are world-renowned for being the only cave with a double railway track. The caves are a UNESCO Heritage site and offer adventures at every turn. The cave is situated over a large canyon, and you can get from one end to the other via a bridge. Walking across the bridge helps you appreciate the vastness of the cave system. It is known for imparting an otherworldly charm, giving people a feeling of being watched constantly. And with fifteen species of bats lurking within the cave, you probably are!
Laško - If the primary purpose of your visit is to relax and feel rejuvenated, visiting Laško is a must for you. This spa town is known for its thermal springs. The waters here are thought to have healing properties, and a dip in them can get all your muscles to relax. The natives of Slovenia have been taking dips here forever, and nothing is stopping you from making the most of it too!
Vogel- If you are someone who loves snow sports, Vogel is the place to be for you. You can enjoy the time flexibility as you will find fresh snow here from December through May. There are provisions for different levels of skiers here, and slopes are fashioned so everyone can try their hands at skiing. But be mindful as it gets really cold up there.
Ljubljana - You cannot go to Slovenia and not visit Ljubljana. It is the capital city of Slovenia and perhaps the most beautiful of all places combined. Going to Ljubljana makes you feel like you have been transported back into time in a city of castles and dragon figurines. Architecture is heavily influenced by the Baroque period and mediaeval art. Do not leave the city without a trek up the clock tower to take in the panoramic view of the city.
Bled - The town of Bled is a hotspot for tourist activities. There is much to see, from the beautiful Lake Bled to the Bled Castle, and you should devote an entire day to Bled when you visit. Abounding in Mediaeval architecture, Bled is famous for the Island Church, which lies at the Lake's centre. You can indulge in adventure water sports on the lake, and many people enjoy kayaking here as the Lake has glassy waters. As for the Bled Castle, it is situated 130 metres above the lake and is among the oldest castles in Slovenia.
Best Time to Visit Slovenia
Tourists prefer going to Slovenia in the summer months of June through August when the weather is mild, and you can really be out and about. You will also find the natives milling around in the summer and will be happy to share a smile with you. However, if you wish to experience fresh snow or enjoy snow sports, the right time to visit Slovenia is from December to May. Keep in mind that the gauge does drop below freezing point during the winter months, and you should prepare yourself accordingly.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Where can I get good but cheap travel insurance to Slovenia?
When buying traveller’s insurance, do not look for a cheap travel insurance plan to Slovenia but rather the one that will give you the best coverage at an affordable price. Also, remember that you need a travel insurance policy, with a cover of at least €30,000. If you are looking for a good and cost-efficient travel insurance policy, you can rely on Tata AIG as your travel partner.
2. What is the best travel insurance for Slovenia?
The best travel insurance for Slovenia is one that gives you comprehensive coverage, has a hassle-free claim procedure and is easy to buy.
3. How much is my medical cover worth for international travel?
With Tata AIG, you get a medical cover of up to $5,00,000.
4. What happens in case the insured person passes away while abroad?
We wish that none of our customers ever face such a fate. But, if it does happen, the nominee of the insured person gets the full insured sum. We also help get the remains of the person back home.
5. What if a student needs to leave their studies midway and return home owing to an emergency?
If a student needs to leave their studies midway and return home because they or a close family member is ill, we will reimburse their unused tuition fee up to the limit mentioned in your policy statement.
6. Is there an age limit for a person to avail of the student travel insurance?
Yes, a person needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35 to make use of our student travel insurance policy.
7. Who can avail of the senior travel insurance plan from Tata AIG?
Senior citizens over the age of 70 can enjoy Tata AIG’s travel insurance plans.