Seychelles Visa for Indians
Seychelles Visa for Indians
Obtain Travel Insurance for Seychelles, starting at just ₹40.83 per day* (including COVID-19 cover)
With soft white sands and turquoise waters that appear as if they belong on a postcard, the Republic of Seychelles has recently risen to the top of many Indians' vacation wish lists.
Seychelles is a fantasy place commonly portrayed in films. This island country comprises 115 islands and several beaches, environmental reserves, and coral reefs. The location is well-known for attracting honeymooners, backpackers, and families since it has certain tourist attractions worthy of paying attention to.
If Seychelles is on your bucket list and wants to visit anytime soon, you must be informed of the Seychelles visa requirements. Furthermore, if you genuinely want to relax and enjoy everything this dazzling nation has to offer, obtaining a travel insurance is necessary.
Bearing into account the health vulnerabilities associated with the continuing coronavirus pandemic fear, it's critical to have Seychelles travel insurance since it guarantees financial assistance if and when something happens. Also, a travel insurance plan offers journey coverage, flight cancellation insurance, luggage coverage, local trip assistance, and so on, ensuring peace of mind while travelling.
You may receive the best Seychelles travelling insurance coverage from Tata AIG. All of our travel insurance plans are designed to provide maximum coverage at the lowest possible cost. Available at a starting price of just ₹40.82/day*, our Seychelles travel insurance
Seychelles Visa: Everything You Need to Know
There is good news for Indians considering a trip to the Republic of Seychelles. It's a visa-free nation! Now, how good that sounds! This implies that Indian travellers do not require a visa to visit Seychelles. If certain precondition requirements are met, the valid Indian passport is stamped with a tourist or traveller's permission upon entry into the Republic of Seychelles. This very permit is good for three months from the arrival date.
Seychelles Visa for Indians
An Indian national travelling to Seychelles is not required to get a visa because Seychelles is a visa-free nation. As a result, Indian nationals do not need to pay any Seychelles tourist visa fees. However, to set foot in the lands of Seychelles, visitors must have a valid passport and several other travel papers recognised by the Republic of Seychelles.
These papers are necessary in order to grant a Visitor's Permit to Indian tourists who are visiting for the purpose of taking a vacation, attending a business conference, or visiting family and friends. When an Indian visitor sets foot at the Seychelles International Airport, the Seychelles Department of Immigration issues it. This permit comes with a validity period of just 30 days.
Seychelles Visa: Types
Basically, there are three categories of Seychelles visas for Indian passport holders, which are:
- Seychelles Tourist Visa
A Seychelles tourist visa on arrival for Indians is provided who wish to pay a visit to the Republic of Seychelles to visit family and friends or sightseeing. They are not permitted to work in Seychelles on tourist visas. One of the main advantages of a Seychelles tourist visa is that it may be acquired on arrival, which means you won't have to undergo a lengthy and arduous application procedure and wait several weeks for your visa.
- Seychelles Work Visa
This sort of visa is granted to Indian nationals who wish to visit the Republic of Seychelles for the purpose of working or doing business. This particular visa also includes other subcategories such as sports, cultural, shooting, and other purposes.
- Seychelles Transit Visa
A Seychelles transit visa is provided to Indian people who are only in Seychelles for a couple of days while waiting for transportation out of the Republic of Seychelles to visit another nation.
Basic Requirements for Setting Foot in the Republic of Seychelles
A valid Indian passport is all you require, as one would anticipate when travelling overseas. Your passport must be valid until the conclusion of the journey in Seychelles or until you return to your native country. The following requirements must be met in order to be qualified for a visitor's permit:
- Should have a valid passport
- Be in excellent health
- Have a decent moral character
- Basic understanding of your itinerary and accommodation details to furnish at the immigration desk if required
- Return or onward flight tickets to assure your return to the native country or next destination as soon as your visitor's permit expires
- Follow the general rules and adhere to the country's moral standards
- Enough funds for your stay at the Republic of Seychelles (at least $150)
Documents Needed to Obtain a Seychelles Visit Permit
All the documents or paperwork requested by the Seychelles immigration officials are given below and must be presented on arrival at Seychelles:
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Two passport-sized photos
- Valid Indian passport
- Sufficient finances for the entire stay duration in the Republic of Seychelles
- If you are visiting family, friends, or company, you must provide an invitation letter or hotel accommodation proof
Seychelles Visa for Indians: Procedure to Apply for a Permit
The method itself is quite straightforward because there is nothing particular that must be done other than having all of the conditions ready.
Any individual wishing to pay a visit to the Republic of Seychelles for vacation or business purposes, or meeting family and friends, must complete the following aspects to receive a Visitor's Permit:
- Must not be a prohibited immigrant
- Must not be in possession of a valid permit entitling the possessor to remain in Seychelles
- Must have enough money for the stay as well as confirmed lodging
- Must have a valid return ticket during Seychelles visit
Any individual planning to visit the Republic of Seychelles for work, needs a GOP (Gainful Occupation Permit), often called a Work Permit. This document authorises the individual to work in Seychelles as a self-employed person or an employee.
In the event of a self-employed individual, either the employee or the potential employer should fill out the application form at least ten weeks before employment begins. A foreigner can't enter the nation for the purpose of working without first getting a GOP.
To live in the nation, employees will also require a resident permit. These permits are often issued to those who are:
- Not a prohibited immigrant
- Contributing significantly to the nation's social, cultural, and economic life
- Connected to Seychelles by family or domestic options
- The applicant's health, reputation, and character
- Applicant's professional and technical eligibilities
Employees must complete additional requirements within 30 days of visiting the Republic of Seychelles after getting a Seychelles work visa, which include:
- Obtaining a security bond or bank guarantee from a Seychelles bank, the value of which is determined by the employee's origin country.
- Displaying an employment contract certified by the Employment Department.
- You'll also have to pay 1,000 Seychellois Rupee for the application to be processed. The charge is 500 Seychellois Rupee each month for the whole period of the permit, and you may pay it during the time of application submission.
For Student's Visa, the following documents must be included with the application form in order to receive a Seychelles student's visa:
- Acceptance letter from the educational institution where the student will be enrolled
- Documented proof of financial assistance for the entire term of study
- Copy of prospective student's passport bio page
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Proof of lodging arrangements may be required
- A 1,000 Seychellois Rupee is payable during the time of application submission
- Full Translation and Birth Certificate as needed
A 1,500 Seychellois Rupee is required for permit fee upon application approval for one part or year thereof
Seychelles Consulate/Embassy in India
|Consulate/Embassy||Address||Contact Details||Email ID|
|New Delhi||B-229, Block C, Anand Niketan, South West Delhi - 110021||+91 11 241 14102 +91 11 241 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Name||Address||Contact Details||Working Hours||Email ID|
|High Commission of India||3rd Floor, Maison Esplanade, Francis Rachel Street, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles (P.O. Box - 488)||+91 11 241 14102 +91 11 241 14103||Monday to Friday
(8:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
*except close holidays
High Commission of India in Seychelles
Necessity of Purchasing Travel Insurance Plan for Seychelles wit Tata
It is wonderful that you intend to pay a visit to the Republic of Seychelles. However, your travel preparations will be incomplete until you get travel insurance. The Republic of Seychelles doesn't require foreign visitors to purchase travel insurance, but purchasing such a policy is always a prudent financial decision.
A trip to a beautiful archipelagic nation like Seychelles is an amazing experience. You may have been looking forward to this trip for a long time, and your family is accompanying you. It increases your feeling of responsibility and anxiety, as life may be unpredictable at times. You may have meticulously planned your journey, yet unforeseen circumstances may derail you.
The Tata AIG Seychelles travel insurance coverage can protect you against the following emergencies and situations:
- Provides comprehensive coverage for accidents and sickness on your trip.
- Safeguards you against COVID-19-related emergencies if you're tested positive and are hospitalised during your trip to Seychelles.
- You may pay Indian rupees (₹) to get coverage in Seychellois Rupee.
- Travel insurance costs start as low as ₹40.82/day*.
- Instant purchase of travel insurance online with no medical examinations.
- Provides coverage for delayed or lost check-in luggage.
You may now get international travel insurance online if you wish to. You may also compare travel insurance online and choose the best plan for your needs. Our international travel insurance packages begin at just ₹40.82 per day*. So, what are you holding for? Contact us now to organise a stress-free holiday to the Republic of Seychelles.
Perks of Acquiring Tata AIG Travel Health Insurance Plan
Purchasing a Tata AIG travel health insurance coverage will cover you against all sorts of mishaps, ensuring you enjoy your trip to the beautiful archipelagic nation of Seychelles. Be it baggage loss or delay or flight cancellation, Tata AIG has got you covered for every unforeseen occurrence that comes your way.
The following are some important aspects that you must incorporate into your travel policy:
Luggage Coverage: If your airline loses, delays, or destroys your checked-in baggage, you'll be paid as per your Seychelles travel insurance policy.
Emergency Hospitalisation: If you become sick or have an accident that requires you to be hospitalised, the bills will be covered by your Seychelles travel insurance coverage.
Flight Cancellation Insurance: If you miss a flight due to a trip delay, you may need to schedule another flight and stay somewhere temporarily. Tata AIG's travel insurance coverage will cover any expenditures incurred as a result of a missed flight.
COVID-19 Cover: Tata AIG Seychelles Travel Insurance covers hospitalisation expenses if you're infected with COVID-19 and require medical attention while you're on your vacation, ensuring you don’t need to worry regarding hefty medical bills.
Seychelles Visa: Post-COVID-19 Mandatory Documents
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, the Seychelles Government has implemented various travel restrictions and rules to guarantee everyone's safety. Here's a list of the papers you need to bring with you to establish the fact that you are not infected with COVID-19 before entering the Republic of Seychelles:
Tourists from low-risk nations must have a COVID-19 negative PCR report (certificate) that is no more than three days old. A RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) might suffice as well. A COVID-19 negative PCR test report is required for travellers from medium-risk countries. Tourists from high-risk nations should check with the officials before departing.
Every tourist must send the findings of any negative tests to the Public Health Authority. Also, provide the flight and lodging information to email@example.com. These papers must be presented upon arrival for verification. If you don't comply ahead of time, you may be required to perform a COVID test or Rapid Antigen Test when you arrive in the Republic of Seychelles.
Accommodation must be reserved in advance at licensed lodging establishments or liveaboards. These permits are issued by the Public Health Authority. In these lodgings, proper cleanliness and stringent measures are in place. Regular monitoring by qualified safety and health personnel is carried out for two weeks following your arrival at the Republic of Seychelles.
What Shouldn't You Miss Upon Arrival in the Republic of Seychelles?
It might be difficult to decide what to do upon arrival in the beautiful nation. Each experience on these magnificent islands will be with you for the rest of your life. Listed below are a few activities and attractions that you shouldn't miss:
- Hit the beach
- A stroll in the Vallée de Mai
- Boat trips
- Hikes on Mahé
- Bird watching at the Bird Island
- Water adventure sports at the Fregate Island
Seychelles: Fast Facts
Frequently Asked Question
1. Do Indian passport holders require a visa to enter Seychelles?
Since Seychelles is a visa-free nation, you may travel in the nation for up to 30 days without needing to obtain a visa.
2. What should I do if I need to stay in the Republic of Seychelles for longer than 90 days?
Travellers or tourists who need to stay in the Republic of Seychelles for more than 90 days can request a travel permit extension for a charge of ₹23,249.25*. Nevertheless, the extension is only valid for three months, after which you must pay a charge for permit renewal.
3. Does entry to Seychelles require a passport?
Yes. Entry into the Republic of Seychelles requires a passport. Despite the fact that it's a visa-free nation, the passport serves as the primary form of identification while travelling.
4. What's the best method to make an informed decision about travel insurance?
You should analyse and compare quotations from various insurance carriers. Consider the rate of premium, the degree of coverage as well as the financial ceiling on your covered costs. Before investing, regardless of whichever insurance carrier you pick, ask questions. It'll assist you to understand exactly what isn't and is covered. If anything in the insurance plan statement appears doubtful or confusing, clarify it ahead of time.
Any travel insurance package should provide you with peace of mind and comfort that you're adequately covered. Consider, compare, and then make a decision.
5. What are the things that I need to be sure of when purchasing Seychelles travel insurance?
When purchasing travel insurance for Seychelles, ensure that it covers:
● Injuries and accidents ● Medical expenses ● Lost baggage claims ● Expenses of cancelled or delayed flights ● Passport loss ● Medical evacuation and repatriation (including COVID-19 cover)
6. Can Indian nationals apply for a Seychelles visitor permit in advance of their trip?
The Seychelles Consulate in New Delhi doesn't grant a visa or an entry permit before the trip to Seychelles. Candidates must get permission upon arrival. It's issued at the Seychelles airport.