RTO Offices in Dahiser Western Suburb
The Government of Maharashtra's Ministry of Road Transport oversees the Borivali RTO Office. The Motor Vehicle Act of 1988 took effect on July 1, 1989. According to this act, all motor vehicles must be registered with the relevant RTO office and must be insured. The Transport Department of Maharashtra collaborates with the RTO office Dahisar MH47 to deliver the relevant services. The Borivali RTO office functions under the authority of the Ministry of Transport of Maharashtra.
Official website of RTO Dahisar: https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in/1035/Home
List of RTO Offices in Dahisar
Given below is a table containing details regarding the RTO office in Dahisar, including the MH 47 RTO address, number, and other relevant details.
|RTO NAME||RTO Code||MH 47 RTO Address||RTO Contact Details|
|RTO Dahisar||MH47||Regional Transport Office Wing-A Link Rd, Kandarpada Anand,Park, Dahisar West, Near Borivali, Mumbai - 400068||91-22-26366957, +91-22-26362252, +91-22-26319821,+91-22-26323315.|
The RTO office in Dahisar remains functional from 10 AM till 5 PM (Monday to Saturday).
Dahisar RTO Registration Charges
The charges of RTO for various vehicles are:
|Class of Vehicle||Dahisar RTO Registration Fees (in ₹)|
|Light motor vehicle (LMV)||600|
|Medium goods and passenger vehicle||1,000|
|Heavy good vehicle passenger||1,500|
|Imported motor vehicle||5,000|
|Any other vehicle apart from the above||3,000|
|Light commercial vehicle||1,000|
Functions of Dahisar RTO
The Dahisar RTO has specific functions particular only to it, within its jurisdiction. These functions are as follows:
- Conducting driving exams and issuing a driver's licence (LLR/DL).
- Registration of new automobiles.
- Conducting vehicle fitness tests and issuing fitness certificates.
- Transfer of ownership of a motorcycle or any other vehicle.
- NOC Certificate for vehicle registration in a different state.
- The road tax collection usually takes place at the time of the vehicle's registration.
- The RTO is also responsible for ensuring that each vehicle complies with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways' rules and regulations.
- The RTO performs checks through testing centres to ensure that registered automobiles meet pollution standards.
- The RTO is also in charge of launching traffic awareness campaigns for the broader public's welfare.
How to Register a Vehicle at Dahisar RTO?
Although you can certainly register your automobile through your dealer, you can also visit the RTO office and register it yourself:
Step 1: Take your new vehicle to the Dahisar RTO office.
Step 2: Complete the Application Form 20 and attach the necessary papers (specified below)
- CV20 sale application form.
- Temporary registration provided by the dealer.
- Registration fees.
- Copy of the PAN Card.
- Certificate of sale of the vehicle.
- Valid address proof.
Step 3: After the RTO Supervisor has reviewed your paperwork, you will be directed to the counter to deposit the registration fees.
Step 4: After completing the verification processes, you will receive a Smart Card that serves as the Registration Certificate.
How to Renew a Registration Certificate in Dahisar?
If you want to escape fines, you must have your registration certificate when travelling in Dahisar. An RC is effective for fifteen years for private automobiles and three years for professional vehicles; it must be updated with the RTO Dahisar after expiration. The RC just involves completing and submitting a few forms to the Dahisar RTO. Following this, the vehicle must be brought to the RTO for inspection, following which the RTO will issue a fresh registration certificate.
You will require the following documents for the process
- Application Form 25
- Registration certificate of the vehicle on original
- Applicable renewal fee
- Valid car insurance
- Pollution Certificate
- Road Tax payment proof
- Fitness certificate
Documents Required to Register a Vehicle in Dahisar
The following documents are necessary to register a vehicle in Dahisar.
- Form 20 for the registration of the vehicle
- At least three passport size photographs of the vehicle owner.
- Form 21 (sales certificate) issued by the seller of the vehicle
- Identity Proof - Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driver’s License, Voter ID.
- Proof of reticence
- Form 34 with loan details (if required)
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Insurance certificate from the seller.
- Original sales invoice from the seller.
- Temporary registration number.
- Sales tax clearance certificate if the vehicle has been bought in one state and registered in another.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the RTO if the vehicle has been bought in one state and registered in another.
- Customs bills in case of imported vehicle registration.
Car insurance in Dahisar
When you drive a car anywhere in India, you must have a car insurance policy. Driving without a car insurance policy is a punishable offence in India and can bring about excessive fines and, in some cases, can even lead to the suspension of your driving license. Thus, remember it is mandatory to have at least third-party car insurance whenever you buy a car.
Tata AIG offers comprehensive car insurance and takes care of your all-around needs. As long as you have a car insurance policy with us, you need not fear anything else. Just think about the road and your destination. We take care of the rest. A car insurance claim with us is simple, and the process is online. Everything gets done from the comfort of your home.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How can I contact the Dahisar RTO?
If you have any queries, you can contact the Dahisar RTO office by visiting Wing-A Link Rd, Kandarpada Anand Park, Dahisar West, Near Borivali, Mumbai - 400068. You can also call the office by dialling 91-22-26366957.
2. MH 47 is in which city?
MH 47 is in the city of Mumbai.
3. What is the MH 47 RTO name?
The MH 47 RTO name is Dahisar RTO or Borivali RTO.